Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Share Your "Owambe" Experience - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Share Your "Owambe" Experience (517 Views)

Gatecrashing: Share Your Experiences / Nigeria Wedding Drama: Share Your Experience / 6 Kinds Of People You Will Always Find At 'Owambe' Parties In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your "Owambe" Experience by Oyindebrah(f): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
We all know what owambe parties are if you dont,tag your Yoruba friend to explain grin

I have three party experiences to share and here we go

1.Dr. Goodluck Johnathan's daughter wedding, did you all get the legit gist??everyone invited was given a "gold iPhone" with their name customized on the device,well I didn't get the connection straightup,it was from a friend that knows a friend and blabla grin it was a nice experience though,and it was also a serve yourself party that you can eat as much as you like,a very reserved party in bayelsa.

2.The party I attended last week was quiet alright and even with the buhari period we are all calling upon,someone gave out a syinix tv,although we were not many in the party,probably less than 30 orso,and I think parties that are strictly by invitations are always nice,you can contain your guests and their wants.

3.The last one,probably the worse of all,I didn't even get to eat with the whole invitation card packaging grin one small card was inside two envelopes and we still didn't see food to eat,Lagos traffic delayed the groom,and we had to wait and listen to music,even without nothing to clean our mouth with like small chops or something angry

Anyway share your experience, worse or good

Let's have an interesting Saturday on nairaland with our comments
Re: Share Your "Owambe" Experience by SexyNairalander: 12:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
owambe

when some women prefer to buy ashebi with their life savings just so they will get all the packages involved in the party. . .meanwhile their children are at home cos they were chased home for not paying their school fees

owambe when women become wicked to their fellow women. . .materia them dey sell 500naira cos xa dem wan marry them go sell am for 1million naira

owambe when different canopies and different materia are sewed in group so they can get their special cooler and goodies

owambe where you see people bringing their special bagco bag for carriage of food and drinks

back then in surulere me and my friends always dress up looking take away and go to any party of our choice. . .

party come dey hungry me go. . .owambe here I come

Re: Share Your "Owambe" Experience by SexyNairalander: 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
cc: lalasticlala, seun

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Vulnerable When Raped Male Or Female? / Photo Of The Day / Uyo Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.