Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

How To Apply For A Design Job - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Apply For A Design Job (1226 Views)

How Can I Create A Design Like This? Please Help / Logo Design Job / I Need A Graphics Designer For A Quick Logo Design Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For A Design Job by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2016
Hello everyone, please as a aspiring graphic design who has little to know experience,
1. What's a good way to apply for a position in the graphic design field including contents of CV, cover letter if necessary &
2. How does one go about building a great portfolio & what should be the contents.
3. Does one need to be All-round or Specialize in certain areas?

I appreciate responses from Industry Professionals in the house.
Re: How To Apply For A Design Job by Okwori12(m): 7:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
I don't have much to say but one thing is certain, in the case of graphics design job, seeing is believing.

You must have a portfolio of all your various jobs either attached to your CV, or a link to your social media page where your work is share. also note that, your CV needs to be attractive and well composed with some nice graphics touch.

You should also be a pro or advance in a good numbers of applications such as Photoshop, InDesign (most needed in publishing) , illustrator (for vector graphics), Coreldraw etc. web design is an added advantage.

Finally, try and get a good certificate in graphics design.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For A Design Job by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
Okwori12:
I don't have much to say but one thing is certain, in the case of graphics design job, seeing is believing.

You must have a portfolio of all your various jobs either attached to your CV, or a link to your social media page where your work is share. also note that, your CV needs to be attractive and well composed with some nice graphics touch.

You should also be a pro or advance in a good numbers of applications such as Photoshop, InDesign (most needed in publishing) , illustrator (for vector graphics), Coreldraw etc. web design is an added advantage.

Finally, try and get a good certificate in graphics design.

I appreciate you for taking the time to share this. I'll keep it in mind & do all I can to improve. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Check Out These Wonderful Arts Work Drew By A Nairalander / What You Need To Be Become An Animator / Guys See My Latest Digital Drawings Done With Adobe Reader...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.