Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Never Been Kissed; Virgin - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Never Been Kissed; Virgin (1530 Views)

The Life I Didn't Want To Live - Diaries Of A Virgin Boy / ...But We Only Kissed! / Romance Story] Diary Of A Virgin Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=18] CHAPTER 1

I’m so nervous my palms are sweating and my heart is pounding like a drum. I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but it’s too late to back out now. I fix my eyes on a point in the distance and stride purposefully through the door of the nightclub without a sideways glance.

I’m waiting for the looming bouncers to grab me by the arm, demand to see my ID and then shout out for the entire queue to hear, “What are you thinking trying to sneak in here Hope L’Amour? You’re only 16 and you don’t look a day older than that! Out!”

My cheeks are already burning at my anticipated walk of shame past the watching crowd waiting to get in. But - miraculously - I walk uninterrupted through the entrance hall and out onto the edge of the heaving dance floor. It would appear that confidence is a door opener.

And I obviously don’t mean my confidence because I’m quaking in my heels right now, but rather the bold nonchalance of my best friends Deevya and Nomusa who walked in next to me.

They’re the ones who’ve talked me into crashing the New Year’s Eve party at Nigiro despite the fact that it’s an over 18 club and we’re all just 16. And all credit for our successful illegal entry goes to Deevya’s heart-melting smile and Nomusa’s brain-frying catwalk strut. I should have known that those beefcakes guarding the door couldn’t say no to them.

To be quite accurate it was actually Deevya who managed to persuade me to leave the house party my mom thinks I’m at right now.

“Trust me, you’re going to love it when you get there Hope! You keep telling us you haven’t kissed anyone yet because you’re waiting for ’The One’, but we’ve known all the guys at this party for years and none of them seem to be your Romeo. If you really want to live your life you have to learn to take a risk every now and again. C’mon Hope! Follow your destiny. You know you want to!”

So here I am putting my life in fate’s hands and high-fiving my friends the moment we’re all inside the club and out of sight of the muscle men.

“Nice work Hope!” laughs Deevya triumphantly

‘I knew you had it in you”.

I breath a sigh of relief and fluff out my ‘fro in a show of false confidence.

“Everybody knows it’s a bad idea to get in the way of a woman with big hair,” I joke.

“You said it!” grins Nomusa, already swaying to the beat.

“Which means you’re the one who’s going to lead the way right into the middle.” She runs her hand over her barely there Alek Wek shave cut to emphasise the point and nods towards the mass of party animals getting down to the beat.

As I set off into the crowd I find myself thinking that my two best friends have pushed me into surprising myself many times since the day we first met in art class in Grade Eight at Glenwood Girls’ High, our school in Durban.

We have totally different personalities, and if we weren’t all mad about sketching and cartooning I don’t know if we would ever have even gotten to know each other. But drawing comes as naturally as breathing to each of us -- and it’s pretty cool to have friends who breathe the same air, if you know what I mean.

We all want to study illustration and animation when we finish school, and in the meantime we’re constantly dreaming up creative projects together.

We call our collaborative trio ‘The Awesomes’. Deevya came up with the name, of course. Nomusa was totally cool with it, as she usually is. And I needed a little persuading, but they managed to win me over. Strange that.

I’m smiling as the DJ slides the volume button heavenwards just as I reach the heart of the dance floor. I swing around to face my friends and instead collide spectacularly with the most agonizingly gorgeous guy I’ve ever laid eyes on in my whole entire life.[/size]

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=18] Chapter Two

“Whoa!” he laughs as I put my hand on his shoulder to steady myself.

“Uh … sorry!”

It would appear that my brain has gone into freeze-frame mode - its fresh out of conversation and I’m standing here drowning in deep blue eyes with long dark lashes.

Everything slows down and goes quiet except for the sound of music playing far off in the distance. And then eventually he blinks and the noisy disco suddenly returns to its normal speed and volume. He takes my hand off his shoulder and shakes it as he leans forward and shouts into my ear.

“I’m Simon.” I smile.

“I’m Hope.”

And that’s as far as a conversation can really go when the music is so loud that the floor is vibrating. But Simon doesn’t let go of my hand and I’m totally fine with that, which is unusual for me. And we dance. And boy, can the boy dance. I’m normally self-conscious but his rhythm is so contagious that I’m pulling out the dance moves like it’s the most natural thing in the world.

I’m not really one to forget about my friends but I’m almost surprised to see Nomusa and Deevya when they tap me on the back about half an hour later. Deevya raises an amused eyebrow.

“We’re going to the chill out lounge. Come with us,” she shouts.

I look at Simon.

“You come too,” hollers Deevya and then turns and leads the way.

Simon nods and as he turns to follow her he lets go of my hand and it feels so … empty.

“Get a grip, Hope,” I mutter to myself as we fight our way across the dance floor, but not for a second do I take my eyes off the back of Simon’s head. There’s no way I’m going to lose him in the crowd.

I’m the last to make it to the quiet, moody glow of the chill out lounge. Deevya, Nomusa and Simon are already chatting easily by the time I get there.

“You look really familiar,” he says to Nomusa.

“Are you a surfer?” she asks.

“Of course. I’m a Durban boy,” Simon smiles.

“I also surf,” says Nomusa, “you’ve probably seen me at the beach.”

She’s quite modest, our Nomusa, and doesn’t add that she is always in the top three in the surfing contests around the country and is the face of a big swimwear label as part of her sponsorship deal with them. Her face is probably familiar to Simon because it graces a few billboards around the city.

“Cool. See you in the water then. I’m going to get a beer,” he continues. “May I buy you girls a drink? Hope? A beer?”

“Yes, please,” I say without thinking.

Nomusa and Deevya both give me a look.

“I’d love a coke,” says Deevya, flicking her long hair over her shoulders and fixing him with a sultry look.

Simon blinks and smiles.

“Yeah, me too please,” says Nomusa.

“Are you sure? It’s New Year’s after all?” says Simon.

“A coke would be great thanks,” smiles Deevya, and Simon heads off to the bar.

“He’s cute!” exclaims Nomusa.

“He’s trouble!” says Deevya.

I stare at her in disbelief.

“How can you say that! You don’t even know him!”

“I’ve got good instincts. And you don’t know him either.”

“Oh please, you’re just jealous!” I snap.

Where did that come from? I don’t know who is more shocked by my words, Deevya or me. What a pathetic thing to say!

Deevya gives me a look that lets me know I’m going to pay for that stupid comment. And then Nomusa intervenes and starts making random conversation to change the subject. She keeps chatting for a few minutes. It gives me time to think about how to apologise and explain myself to Deevya. I’m about to say sorry to Deevya when Simon returns with the drinks.

And maybe I was wrong about Deevya wanting to get me back for that ‘jealous’ comment, because she chats away happily to us and keeps the conversation going for which I’m very grateful. She even synchronises our cellphones to make sure we all have the same time, and sets our alarms for the New Years countdown. And then she turns her attention to Nomusa, which gives me a chance to chat to Simon properly.

“So, have you finished school?” I ask, and realise I’ve probably just given my age away with my naïve question.

“I’ve just finished. And I got my exemption, which is a relief!”

“So what are you going to do next?”

“I’m taking a gap year this year to work as a photographer’s assistant. That’s what I want to be - a photographer you know. But I’m going to find out what it’s all about in the real world before I decide if I want to actually study photography.”

I’m about to reply when my cell phone alarm goes off and spurred on by the beer I’ve been drinking I leap to my feet and shout “Happy New Year!”

Nobody else does. I look around in confusion as everyone looks at me and laughs.

And then I fix Deevya with a death stare. She almost falling off her chair she’s laughing so hard.

“Serves you right!” she manages to gasp out between giggles. [/size]

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Snyman(m): 9:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
grincheesy A 16 year old who has never been kissed is .. . nonexistent cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Montelukast(m): 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=18] Chapter Three

I’m still giving Deevya the slitty-eyed look, furious with her for setting the time on my cell phone an hour early, and trying to figure out what to do next when all the lights in the club are turned on. It’s suddenly so bright that we have to shade our eyes with our hands. Then the music turns off.

“Hey, what’s going on?” says Nomusa.

And then, through the door of the chill out lounge we see the police walking into the main section of the club.

“Oh my heavens, it’s a raid!” says Deevya. And then very quickly: “Just get up really casually and follow me girls.”

“Where to?” I ask, panic rising in my throat.

“Ladies room,” Deevya replies briskly.
And for the second time that night I feign innocence as I make my way through another doorway with my friends, leaving Simon behind without a second glance.

There’s a girl in there, putting on her lipstick in front of the bathroom window.

“There’s a raid happening outside!” says Nomusa.

The girl’s hand flies to her mouth in panic. Clearly she’s also not quite 18.

“Ok, come with us. All of us into this empty stall, we’re climbing out the window!” orders Deevya.

I start to giggle. I can’t help it. Maybe it’s the beer. Maybe it’s nerves. But it’s obviously contagious because Nomusa starts laughing too.

“This is ridiculous,” giggles Nomusa.

“Guys, it’s not funny!” scolds Deevya, “You’ll get arrested and your parents will kill you!”

She’s right. Deevya’s parents are totally fine with her going to clubs - but they are admittedly pretty weird parents. But my mother and Nomusa’s parents would freak if we had to call them from the police station to bail us out.

“And personally I can totally do without being packed into the back of a police van and made to spend a few hours in a police station cell with all the other New Year’s criminals,” Deevya rants on.

“We’re out of here.”

With that Deevya climbs on the toilet seat and opens the unbarred window.

“You first Nomusa! Move it!”

Nomusa climbs onto the loo and slithers athletically out the window without any fuss.

“Oh, hello Simon,” we hear her say conversationally when just her legs can be seen from the bathroom cubicle.

“I’ve used this exit myself before,” we hear him say.

“I thought I’d come outside the club and round to the back to give you a hand down from the window to the ground. It’s quite a drop.”

“See! He is a nice guy!” I hiss at Deevya.

“I didn’t say he wasn’t,” Deevya hisses back, “I meant that he is trouble for you. Now focus on what’s important and get your behind out of that window!”

I climb on the toilet lid, then up onto the cistern and poke my head and shoulders gingerly through the window. I can see Nomusa holding the window open and Simon looking up at me from outside.

“Go!” shouts Deevya from behind me, and gives me an unexpectedly hearty push on the bum.

I fall forwards, kicking instinctively to try and balance myself. I find a foothold and as I push off with my foot to propel myself out the window and into Simon’s arms I hear the toilet flush behind me. Nice one Hope. Stepping straight from the toilet flusher into the strong arms of my knight in shining armour. It’s not exactly Cinderella, is it?

The same thought has obviously crossed Nomusa’s mind because she has a ridiculous grin spread right across her face as my feet finally reach the ground outside.

“Cool fanfare Hope,” she giggles.

Next out is lipstick girl.

“My name is Lindi by the way,” she says as her feet touch the ground. “Thanks for helping me out.”

“Ok guys, I’m coming out,” announces Deevya and launches herself out the window at speed.

We’re not quite ready, and as we all rush to catch her we hear a loud ripping sound, and then I feel a sickening pain in my ankle as she lands on me and my foot twists as I fall.[/size]
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by 3mjay(m): 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2016
Snyman:
grincheesy A 16 year old who has never been kissed is .. . nonexistent cheesy grin
. Dnt talk like that man. I'm currently 22 and I got my 1st kiss November last year (a year now).
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by 3mjay(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nice one, Op. Keep it coming.
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=18] Chapter Four

I actually want to vomit I’m in so much pain. And there’s Simon staring slack jawed at Deevya in her Wonderbra and sequined leopard skin leggings, while the remains of her torn top dangle from the catch in the window.

Nomusa stands on her tiptoes, grabs the pieces of ripped fabric and hands them to Deevya, who slips them on, twisting the frayed pieces around her bra straps until it looks pretty decent. In fact it looks fantastic. While she’s quietly closing the window I’m wondering if Deevya has a future in fashion rather than animation.

“Lets get out of here fast!” she says.

“No can do,” I gasp in pain.

“My ankle…”

And we all peer down at what now looks remarkably similar to an elephant’s foot jammed into my high-heel.

“Oh my goodness,” says Nomusa. “We need to get that shoe off!”

She bends down to undo the strap. And then my phone rings, and it’s my mother of course.

“Answer as if everything’s totally normal,” Deevya instructs.

Ok, in fact if Deevya doesn’t go into animation or fashion after school she may well have a future as a con artist.

“Hi mom.”

“Hi darling. Are you having fun?”

“Yes mom! I’m having an amazing time!” I exclaim as Nomusa shoots me an apologetic look as she resorts to cutting through the strap of my high heel with the penknife on Simon’s key ring. What I used to think of as my ankle continues to mutate into a large balloon.

“Darling, I’m afraid I’m going to have to come and fetch you early. I know its New Year’s and I said you could stay out until after midnight, but I feel like I might be getting a migraine. I’m sorry but I’m going to have to come and pick you up in the next ten minutes so that I can drive us safely home, take my medicine and get into bed. Will you wait by the front door?”

“Sure mom,” I hear my voice saying before my brain can catch up with it. “I’ll see you in ten minutes.”[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 10:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
[size=18] Chapter Five

“Are you completely out of your mind!” Deevya explodes in disbelief.

“We’ve got to get back to the party which is four blocks away and there’s no way you can run on that ankle. Why didn’t you say you could get a lift home with someone else?!”

Actually this really is too much. I burst into tears.

“Hey, everybody chill, it’s going to be fine,” says Nomusa, as cool, calm and collected as ever, and gives me a hug.

“Shame, Hope.”

“Sorry,” says Deevya, “I’m just worried about you.”

“It’s not going to be fine,” I wail, pools of mascara dripping down my cheeks, “my mom will completely freak out if I’m not at the party when she gets there.”

“Ok, well there’s no time to waste then,” says Deevya, in a softer voice this time.

“Simon, you look like you’re pretty fit. Do you think you’re up to carrying Hope four blocks at a run in under ten minutes?”

He looks a little taken aback, but to his credit he rises to the challenge after only the briefest of hesitations.

“No problem at all.”

And with that he picks me up with his strong arms and holds me against his broad chest.

“Put your arms around my neck,” he says to me.

“And you girls lead the way,” he says to Deevya and Nomusa.

“Mind if I come along?” says Lindi. “I can’t really go back into the club to find my friends, and I think I’d feel a bit afraid to hide out here by myself in the dark.”

“Sure. If Hope’s mother doesn’t kill us all when we get there it might actually be a cool party,” smiles Nomusa.

I tuck my face in up against Simon’s neck as he runs, biting my lip against the jarring pain in my ankle. His aftershave smells incredible though. I decide to just concentrate on slowly breathing it in and out of my nostrils. I think I may be losing the plot completely, but hey, cut me some slack, I’m injured you know.

Deevya chooses a back route that avoids the entrance to the club, but we look down Clarke Road as we cross it and see dozens of police vans parked outside Nigiro, their blue lights flashing.

It’s a reality check. And as it sinks home I feel shocked at the situation we’ve let ourselves get into. Going to Nigiro had seemed like an exciting idea, but we’d broken the law. And whichever way you look at it, that has serious consequences.

Glenwood is really dark at night and as Simon gallantly carries me across the suburb along Lena Ahrens Road I feel so guilty, and really scared too. What if someone has spotted us? What if the police come after us?

“Hey!” a male voice shouts behind us.

“What’s going on!? Where are you going?”[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Snyman(m): 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
3mjay:
. Dnt talk like that man. I'm currently 22 and I got my 1st kiss November last year (a year now).
And the girl you kissed, was it her first time too, bru?
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Snyman(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
I think MaxCoates grammar is too much for most people here.

1 Like

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by 3mjay(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
Snyman:
And the girl you kissed, was it her first time too, bru?
. I dnt think so cos she lured me into it. I didn't want to do it at first.

1 Like

Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Aliyeous(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Keep it up
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by Montelukast(m): 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
3mjay:
. I dnt think so cos she lured me into it. I didn't want to do it at first.
Yes. That guy said a 16 year old girl who has never been kissed is scarce. Ans he's right, cos girls are, well, let's leave it at that.
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 12:01am On Nov 26, 2016
[size=18]Chapter 6

I get such a fright that I scream, and Simon nearly drops me.

“Pull yourself together, Hope. It’s only Zack for heaven’s sake! Nothings going to get the police here faster than if you start screaming your head off!” scolds Deevya.

I have to say, for the record, that this is possibly the bossiest night of Deevya’s entire life.

Zack, who is the same age as me and has been my downstairs neighbour in the block of flats I live in for as long as I can remember, comes jogging up to us.

“Hey Hope, are you ok?” he asks in concern, then looks at Simon suspiciously.

“It’s a long story. I’ve sprained my ankle, but at least I didn’t get caught in the raid.”

“Is that where you went? To Nigiro? You guys suddenly disappeared from the party. I looked for you for ages. I’ve been worried. Then I figured maybe you’d snuck off to Nigiro. I came to see if I could find you, but there were all those police cars outside. And then suddenly you went running past in the dark.”

“Zack, my mom’s picking me up from the party in a few minutes. She doesn’t know I’m not there, and we’re never going to make it in time! I’m so sorry to pull you into this but do you think you could maybe run ahead and stall her? It would buy us a little time.”

“Ok. I’ll try,” says Zack hesitantly.

He’s such a straight up and down guy, and he knows my mom well. Deception is so not his thing.

“If you can just keep her by the front gate we’ll sneak in the back and come out through the front door. Don’t tell her I’ve sprained my ankle or she’ll come running in to look for me.”

I feel really bad getting Zack caught up in this, but we’re so far down this road we may as well try and get away with it.

I look at the time on my cellphone. It’s about eight minutes since my mother called me. Even with Zack’s help I don’t know if we’re going to manage to pull this one off. My heart sinks. My mother is going to kill me.[/size]
Re: Never Been Kissed; Virgin by MaxCoates: 11:27am On Nov 26, 2016
[size=18]Chapter 7

As we get close to the house we can hear that the party is in full swing.

“Sounds like a cool vibe,” puffs Nomusa.

“We should have stayed here. Instead we’re probably about to get gated for the rest of our lives.”

Nomusa always has a positive attitude. In fact, this is probably the most pessimistic thing I’ve ever heard her say. It feels like a prophecy of doom. My mom’s always trusted me and now she’s about to discover that I’ve really let her down.

The back gate is closed but Deevya gives it a push and it swings open.

“Keep it cool guys. If you have to face the music then deal with it when that happens. But don’t give up yet, and don’t give yourselves away. I think we might just pull this off,” she says.

The kitchen door is wide open and there’s nobody in there – everybody’s on the dancefloor in the lounge.

“Ok! Simon, if you could please put Hope down on a chair at the kitchen table. You’re a star for carrying her home, thank you! Nomusa, get some ice from the freezer and wrap it in a tea towel to make an ice pack. Hope, put your foot up on the other chair and wrap that ice pack around your ankle.”

While Deevya’s dishing out orders at the speed of light, she whips an apron off the hook on the back of the door and puts it on to hide her ripped top.

“I’m going to find your mother,” she says as she dashes off through the house.

Within a minute she’s back with my mom and Zack right behind her.

“Oh my poor baby,” wails my mom as she rushes across the room and puts her arms around me.

“Don’t worry mom, I’ll be fine.”

But the instant I see her the tears start to pour again and I feel about five years old.

“So as I was saying, I’d just finished putting together the last of the party snacks just a minute ago,” improvises Deevya, “when Hope came to help me. And she’s simply not used to those high heels you know, and as she was walking across the room she just fell out of her shoe and twisted her ankle. It swelled up quite quickly so I had to cut the strap of her shoe to get it off. But the ice will help. And I don’t think her ankle’s broken or anything serious so don’t freak out, just a little sprain.”

“You’re so hot and sweaty!” exclaims my mom in alarm as she puts her hand on my arm.

“That’s not from the pain,” says Deevya, “we’ve been dancing in the lounge all night you know, and this humidity is hectic.”

Nomusa and I both stare at Deevya in astonishment. I’m astounded by how smoothly the lies have poured from Deevya’s lips. If I didn’t know the truth I would have believed every word that she’d just said.

From behind my mother’s back Deevya smiles at me triumphantly and gives a thumbs up. I don’t smile back. Somehow now that my mom’s here my good sense seems to have returned. And lying to my own mother seems like the most terrible thing to do.

I know Deevya’s s trying to help keep me out of trouble, but as she keeps lying I know that she’s digging me into an even deeper hole.

All night I’ve been going along with Deevya’s plans and games, but sitting here in this situation I realise that doing so was a big mistake. I don’t like being a part of this web of deceit.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Requirement For Obtaining ISBN Number For Published Books In Nigeria / The Last Duty / My Smiling Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.