Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (29324 Views)

President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / Passport With 10-year Validity Effective December / Federal Government Set To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Flashh: 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2016
HopeAlive14:
How this one wan take end recession?
Na just common sense you need.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by joyli: 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
Thank God .oo
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by peripepe(m): 10:09pm On Nov 20, 2016
dauddy97:
pls who can help... I want to obtain passport, how will go about it!!
and how much will it cost me!!
I stay in badagry, Lagos.
simply go to the immigration office at festac,the price is not more than 33k(for fast tracking).ensure u go with your birth certificate, picture photo and state of origin(photocopies and originals)
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by otukpo(f): 10:12pm On Nov 20, 2016
That will be very good.
And they should also extend driver's license to ten years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by internetgangste: 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
dauddy97:

there are three licensing offices in lagos.
v.i, festac, and ikeja. and it cost 25k for the 32 pages, you might need up to 28k because of the hustlers there. you will find more info on their website.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nickizoe(f): 10:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Uncle I uncle I ! grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nickizoe(f): 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
By you leaving this fvvking country to never return for as long as the passport wants to extend...lol.... not making a sense I guess... grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by amosagboola: 10:48pm On Nov 20, 2016
Very good.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by firstolalekan(m): 10:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
somehowpenis:
Who needs the _stupid passport..
I do.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by donigspain(m): 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2016
They should first try and make paper available for printing passports. There has not been paper for printing passport for the past three weeks the world over! I was at Ikoyi office last week.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by deliveryboy: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2016
dauddy97:

Go to passport office in Lagos, don't be tempted to speak with touts along the way, even immigration officers are touts when it comes to passport issuance, they will tell you it costs 35k while the official price is 20k, go straight to the right office, go with you passport photographs (2), birth certificate and LGA/state of origin certificates. Good luck.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Sikay19(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
dauddy97:
To apply for E-passport cost #27000 ,Certificate of Origin,Birth certificate and two passports. Although if you have dont have any of the mentioned certificates. Just walk in to nearby Immigration office. And establish a friendly relationship with any of the officers he will guide you through the process and it is even faster than follow the normal process.
But as now booklet is not available for the provision of passport which may cause delay in getting it on time. I did mine last week and i was told to Come for it next week.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by bettercreature(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
deliveryboy:

Go to passport office in Lagos, don't be tempted to speak with touts along the way, even immigration officers are touts when it comes to passport issuance, they will tell you it costs 35k while the official price is 20k, go straight to the right office, go with you passport photographs (2), birth certificate and LGA/state of origin certificates. Good luck.
I saw people like you under very hot sun and some under canopy the last time i was at immigration office
Don't mind this guy,pay the 2k-5k extra and you will get your passport within 2hours otherwise you will spend the said amount going back and forth for 3-4 days

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Sikay19(m): 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
firstolalekan:

I do.
Lol una no go kill person
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Captainbells:
Other countries have most of their ID's validity for twenty years.. Driving license inclusive and Nigeria is still starting out with passport!!
Driving license kek, u wan make FRSC broke grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Sikay19(m): 11:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
deliveryboy:

People always encounter delay because as a matter of fact to acquire passport cost nothing less than 27k so dont go on a long run to follow the normal process because you cant get it at lesser price and you will still be delayed under canopy or scorching sun grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Tabbaz(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
Good move
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Sikay19(m): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
donigspain:
They should first try and make paper available for printing passports. There has not been paper for printing passport for the past three weeks the world over! I was at Ikoyi office last week.
Yes, you are right. I have done mine since last week so i have to wait till next week before i could get it due to scarcity of booklet
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2016
LOL

HopeAlive14:
How this one wan take end recession?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by nwakibie3(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Wake me up when it is done. Govt of we will..
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Aadeyinka(m): 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Jok3r:

Sweetest news ever hard from ressed govt
nice but he should face some reality that will boost economy fast from crashing which will affect masses positively.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Sanchase: 11:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
Useless country, useless passport.

If una like make una change am to six months.

Thieves thieves !!!
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Drabrah(m): 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2016
Odunharry:

Go to Festac Immigration office with two passport, state of origin/local govt certificate, birth certificate And nothing less than 30k for the processing..
Pls don't listen to those guys you will meet at the gate.. Go there yourself and talk to any Immigration officer on uniform..

Gbam!
Ur head dey dia.
U jst summarised everything
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by Neozy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
yinkslinks:
Why dont you guys look into embassies that scam nigerians by collecting visa fees and dont issue visa. Even rwanda scam nigerians while it can be gotten on arrival. God bless embassies like mexico, morocco, chinese and tanzania who collect money after visas are issued.
Shey You Be Ajala Dat Traveled All Around The World Ni? Abi Why You Come Dey Form Like Say You Don Reach Every Country In The World.
Re: Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years by yinkslinks(m): 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2016
Bros i don waka ooooo, no go lie.
Neozy:
Shey You Be Ajala Dat Traveled All Around The World. Abi Why You Come Dey Form Like Say You Don Reach Every Country In The World.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trailer Kills Osun Polytechnic Student (Photos) / UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Terrible Accident At Oil Mill, Port-Harcourt As Young Man Was Crushed To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.