Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,837 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women (16649 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Are Men Obsessed With 'Plenty Of Fish In The Sea' Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by na2day2(m): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2009
another senseless thread against men. @ poster, maybe u should have read what your fellow NL girls have written about money and love b4 u decided to make a stupid thread  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

hope this helps answer some of ur questions

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-346904.0.html
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by AmaG2(m): 11:46am On Nov 07, 2009
@Ladej
It is not that is is just a normal attitude they like to exhibit now, most of them prefer doing things with big personalities and artist and not just normal people
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by ladej(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2009
Ama-G:

@Ladej
It is not that is is just a normal attitude they like to exhibit now, most of them prefer doing things with big personalities and artist and not just normal people
well listening to them i culdnt help but feel pity for some of them in the public eye. tyra banks actually said she preferred dating 'regular guys' and when she was younger she visited haunts like night clubs and other social places a woman can meet a man. she said over 90% of men looked but were not bold enough to approach her, the ones who did asked for autographs or applauded her work in fashion/acting. so she had no choice to to limit her pool of eligible men to celebs like her who wont usually have the inferiority complex to make a move. so my broda its tough, are u getting me? even the now famous david beckham who is a white man used his agent to meet victoria his wife. at the time she was 1000 times more successful and famous than him. he couldnt approach her directly as a result of her being way out of his league. so the problem is very much global. fortunately for him she also liked him and as they say, the rest is history. he's now more successful than him, but dont forget she used all her contacts in the celeb world to elevate her man. amalgamation of efforts as i said. it can work
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agitator: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2009
ladej:

@agaba 123 and ajalenkoko- it isnt only black women, as i said its not limited to black women. i also mentioned the queen of england and margaret thatcher. nicole kidman, cher, madonna are others who have dated and married less successful men. i only used those examples because they talked about it to the media[ which is how i knew]. its a global issue. i believe episodes of desperate housewives even highlighted the issue in the suburbs when one of the husbands was extremely jealous of his wife, the one with the twins.

All the white women no get serious issues but you confirm say the blacks get problem.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Tanzos: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2009
ladej:

well listening to them i culdnt help but feel pity for some of them in the public eye. tyra banks actually said she preferred dating 'regular guys' and when she was younger she visited haunts like night clubs and other social places a woman can meet a man. she said over 90% of men looked but were not bold enough to approach her, the ones who did asked for autographs or applauded her work in fashion/acting. so she had no choice to to limit her pool of eligible men to celebs like her who wont usually have the inferiority complex to make a move. so my broda its tough, are u getting me? even the now famous david beckham who is a white man used his agent to meet victoria his wife. at the time she was 1000 times more successful and famous than him. he couldnt approach her directly as a result of her being way out of his league. so the problem is very much global. fortunately for him she also liked him and as they say, the rest is history. he's now more successful than him, but dont forget she used all her contacts in the celeb world to elevate her man. amalgamation of efforts as i said. it can work

Yeah i also believe it can work, but Naija women?
I dont know sha guess we can only hope for the best as far as theyre concerned but me i know sha issues plenty for their side.
The ego in them when they have money more than the guy, lets just be thankful that its only something we are imagining now,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by ladej(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2009
agitator:

All the white women no get serious issues but you confirm say the blacks get problem.
bruv white people, if we will go by pure statistics of the divorce rates in the US and UK, just to mention a few 'westernized white populated countries' is approaching 50% . nuff said. most of the white women divorce get serious issues man, if u dont believe me date one and come back to this forum to gist me. one love
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by ladej(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2009
Tanzos:

Yeah i also believe it can work, but Naija women?
I dont know sha guess we can only hope for the best as far as theyre concerned but me i know sha issues plenty for their side.
The ego in them when they have money more than the guy, lets just be thankful that its only something we are imagining now,
well naija women are women first right? as a man what i would advise is to talk about it with her once u notice it. communication is vital here. if she refuses to buck the trend then repectfully quit the relationship. u as a man has to be secure as well. in marriage its not advisable to quit though because of that. one should work at it
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by agitator: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2009
ladej:

well naija women are women first right? as a man what i would advise is to talk about it with her once u notice it. communication is vital here. [b]if she refuses to buck the trend then repectfully quit the relationship. [/b]u as a man has to be secure as well. in marriage its not advisable to quit though because of that. one should work at it

That's what has been happening to the OP and she came here whining.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2009
I agree with you all, who stands against arrogant successful women, ask anybody, lurk in dark and see how these so called successful ladies relate to successful men in the society, you will be shocked!!!!!the hommies will tell you how nice they are!!!!get success homie if you dont have one ask Jesus Christ

IT HAPPENS ONLY IN NIGERIA
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by hothead(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
I love successful women, wink wink wink wink
I need more of you in Nigeria.
Dear GOD please bless more Nigerian Women with very GOOD jobs in JESUS name,
One last thing, successful women shop from www.facebook.com/onestopeshop

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dwas: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
Its a pity that woman dont know their position in the life of a man. God created [b]woman for ma[/b]n not man for the woman. But arrogance and civilization has beclouded our women. Any successful woman should completely submit to her own husband, that is God's intension. check out the virtues woman in the book of proverb. God help you
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by vicishow(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
Why should we be afraid of a successful woman?

I am already successful so, why should i,
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Fhemmmy: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2009
^^^^ ummmmmmmmm
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by ritaNL: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2009
I dont think men are afraid of successful women but successful women are afraid of unsuccessful men.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by donclemo(m): 12:42am On Nov 08, 2009
The truth of the matter is that when a woman is successful she wants to associate wit her class. she can even call a small boy who is also successful SIR why she calls u by ur name
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by vislabraye(m): 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ poster, I dont know whether you have taken a very accurate statistic to know whether more Nigerian men are afraid of successful women.
However, i know there are some men who are afraid of successful women and also there are men who are married to successful women.

May be Oprah has her views concerning this. smiley I know there are many women who dont know how to handle success. Let's ask ladies this question. "If you happen to earn more than your husband/boyfriend would u still submit to him?" It would be very difficult. Money and success is intoxicating O.
Eventually, the ideal is for both the man and woman to be equally successful
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by na2day2(m): 4:17am On Nov 09, 2009
rita@NL:

I dont think men are afraid of successful women but successful women are afraid of unsuccessful men.

word!
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by AmaG2(m): 4:30am On Nov 09, 2009
Men try ginger your swagger
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jaylone(m): 9:30am On Nov 09, 2009
rita@NL:

What is this success that you talking about? undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2009
dakkylove:

for some people who say women think like this because they are single and cannot get a man, [b]FYI i am in a very happy relationship wiith a man who has nothing but love and respect for me. i just like 2 share opinions.[/b]this life is a journey that we will all enjoy when you find that person that can encourage you to be better in life. don't try and kill anyone's dream because of jealousy, regardless of the sex of a person, anybody can be God's vessel to bless a family.

I see wrong things in your comment always and i think you should mind what you say sometimes or else this your attitude problem will persist. why will you use the word has nothing, or you are just expressing how poor he is
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Qlu(m): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2009
Hmm, Good Topic,But I think There is Need for the Author to Choose Her words Rightly. "Afraid"? Could That be it?.Well,I don't think Niggaz be afriad of Successful Women,Come to think of it,U can never tell by the lil Percent of peeps u kno, To me,I think most of this successful women jusst find it so hard sometimes bein Submissive to the oppoiste sex,And in a situation,where the dude aint got much of what the female has, what do u expect,I cant imagine a average dude hopin or dreamin of a life together with a successful shawdie, and dudes cant be no fool, thats why u see loads datin them so called successful women just to pound on them flesh and get paid for the loads of cum they givin to the woman, and "Inferiorit Complex" u say ?, they is so much pride in the dick and there is in the pussy, like Nigerian dudes dont give to Blind Fuq, thats why u see loads of Gold Diggers, money can't buy love, so ladies either successuful or fuckessful needa make Hay while sunshine, and tell me, how many of the successful and career oriented chicks has a stable relationship? and if they do,how many of them has a lastin one at that?, cas no dude wanna be order'd around, its not bad to be successful,as long as both part has a life, but nigerian dude sees alot wrong dealin with a bossy-lousy-moneybag-women, Niggas wont just be datin the S ones without havin some side kicks, but for all I care,they both can have a fuckessful life, gbam
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Shinatu: 9:49am On Nov 09, 2009
A question to be answered, I have read many posts of people claiming that women become arrogant when they become successful, it would be nice for people to please let us know how humble men become when they are successful, or is humility a virture for women alone?

It has also been mentioned that successful women start to throw money their money on their husband's faces when it starts to 'get to their heads'.

Please let Nigerian married women, who live in Nigeria come and honestly tell us how nicely and politely their husbands always respond to thier demands for money (house keeping, school fees etc)

A woman should make money and offer it to the man on her knees while the man can tell you the story of how he is plucking the money from the tree!

It is just an unfair world, isn't it?
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Qlu(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2009
u right, u can't see a successful woman tryna date or hook up with a pot-bellied-bad-breath successful man, Inlieu,they'd prefer a thugg'd out nigga thats got the mandigo to help out with those lost years of chasin money "whatever ur defination of success is", they just want some rugged lovin,so u see them runnin after young chaps who aint got shit or a life,hopin to re-brand and polish him to there taste, at the end of the day,what do they get, the thug nigga fuqqin them younger 6sta cas by the timee they are cash wise successful,them center of gravity already wrinkled up, haha, No Hard Feelinz
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Qlu(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2009
Don't yall get it twisted please, this is Nigeria,not America,Uk or europe, everyone takes advantage of everyone, especially when u make it so obvious that u so stupid and gullible, that said, only a dumb dude will be so chilled and relax on his woman doin virtually everythin, then the dude be the pussy and the shawdie be the dick, if you are a yoruba man, u kno how it is, some of this so called successful women dont have the brain and or sense to kneel down even if they the one feedin the man, and for how long do u think the submissive shit goes for? prolly till she finds another handsome young dude whose got potentials than the previous one, then tell me before u start runnin ur gutter mouth,where is the love, where is the respect?, the bottom line is, even successful men wont go for successful women,cas they cant be 2 captain on board a ship, so either ways, the successful women are the ones at the lose end, so
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by Jaylone(m): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2009
Shinatu:

A question to be answered, I have read many posts of people claiming that women become arrogant when they become successful, it would be nice for people to please let us know how humble men become when they are successful, or is humility a virture for women alone?

It has also been mentioned that successful women start to throw money their money on their husband's faces when it starts to 'get to their heads'.

Please let Nigerian married women, who live in Nigeria come and honestly tell us how nicely and politely their husbands always respond to thier demands for money (house keeping, school fees etc)

A woman should make money and offer it to the man on her knees while the man can tell you the story of how he is plucking the money from the tree!

It is just an unfair world, isn't it?

If you read previous posts, you'll see that the problem is an attitude problem both for the spouses. Now it becomes delicate owing to the fact that the woman is supposed to submit to the husband and the husband is to provide for his household.

Things may not work out as expected and the woman become more successful.

With mutual respect and understanding the two can work out and still live in harmony, but most of the time this is not the case.

Also if a man provide not for his WIFE/family or with pride and arrogance belittles the wife THERE IS JUDGMENT.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by dakkylove(f): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2009
@bjcole em i'm trying to see how i can put this without being labeled as rude, but you need to understand the meaning of words before you decide to break it down and criticize when you use the phrase nothing but love and respect in a sentence and in the context of which i used it , it means that the person in question has a great ammount of love and respect for you.

it a widely accepted lingua that the Americans use a lot, you may ask your peers for better clarification.it doesn't mean that my boyfriend is poor or anything, ok cheesy
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by FMK(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2009
when this fight will stop ? women and men both are arrogant when they are successfull no one is right no one is wrong this is nowdays world judgement angry grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by sweetpie23: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2009
men like to be in control simple.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by bjcole(m): 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
dakkylove:

@bjcole em i'm trying to see how i can put this without being labeled as rude, but you need to understand the meaning of words before you decide to break it down and criticize when you use the phrase nothing but love and respect in a sentence and in the context of which i used it , it means that the person in question has a great ammount of love and respect for you.

it a widely accepted lingua that the Americans use a lot, you may ask your peers for better clarification.it doesn't mean that my boyfriend is poor or anything, ok cheesy

You can put it anyhow you like, you have insulted me before, so whats new, it is you that do not understand English, i quoted what you wrote and you are trying to change it. Whatever, are you an american in the first place, if you live or were brought up there, and you want to live by their lifestyle, then dont bug us with your headache here, this is africa, Nigeria, wife must submit to their husband, any sort of this, is not accepted, if you have gotten a mugu that you kick around, goodluck and enjoy your affairs till when he know his left from his right. In my house, i m the king, but i will love my wife as well, but this must first be admitted. period.
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by saintade01(m): 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2009
undecidedNow its getting hot in here undecided
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by na2day2(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
saintade01:

undecidedNow its getting hot in here undecided

i guess it is still summer grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Men Afraid Of Successful Women by beingme(f): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
scared of intimidation and disrespect

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore? / =N=5,000 Weekly Charitable Gifts / Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.