Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (131386 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by IPOB123london: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
rubbish

what is niger-delta in the first place

i bet robbing igbo land to annex with some looters is what makes niger-delta

if u think we gonna sit back to watch lagos-ibadon express way newspaper brainwash our people to believe in the next 50 years Abia and Imo are not part of Igboland

u are seriously joking

We have come to dismantle every lies in the suraface for the good of our people
niger-delta

my foot

14 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 9:19pm On Nov 20, 2016
I repeat, their is nothing like Niger Delta.

Wat i said is just the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Cooly100: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2016
Oyiboman69:

Don't mind those heartless ritualists and their useless struggle

You mean Ogun and Oyo, the ritual capital of Nigeria? See>>>

Village boys arrested for stealing 30 human skulls:

Monday, November 7, residents of Arikuyeri village, in Iyana-Offa, Lagelu Local Government Area of Oyo State, believed that the caving in of many graves around was as a result of ageing of the burial places...A gang of human skull thieves had actually been at work. They had been roaming the village and exhuming “biscuits,” as skulls are referred to in their secret parlance. In the night, the elements had always dug the graves for skulls, fresh or stale.

“When Rilwan began to mention names, we couldn’t believe it. He told us he was not alone in the business. He mentioned Sule, Muideen, Ibrahim and the Baba Isegun of Arikuyeri.”

14 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by jasysandra(f): 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:

So u like to make faces abi? kiss
You were suppose to insult me undecided
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2016
How will the so called TonyeBarcanista Ijaw manage, Benin, urhobo, itsekiri, isoko and wat eva is left over?

In fact how will these groups manage themselves?

They keep talking about Biafra but they dont even know their own faith.

The igbo man love Nigeria but is left with no choice but to find his way due to hostility and injustice.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2016
jasysandra:
You were suppose to insult me undecided

Na blood dey my vain, u be woman, i can think of other use for u, in the other room. tongue

9 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2016
Cooly100:

I think you are putting the cart before the horse here. Several groups exist in the south to for the independence of the south. It is just that IPOB is more aggressive...There are BILIE group, Lower Niger Congress, and others...Before referendum will be agreed, the leaders of all the ethnic group will meet to agree on modalities of the union...all interests and concerns will be aggregated and agreed...Definitely Nigeria template will never come into play and no ethnic group shall be powerful than the others...at the beginning the format for power sharing at the center, will rotate among agreed regions. I give you example...Enugu state has 3 senatorial zones, and governors rotate among them after every 8 years...and there has been peace...

Well, don't you think other groups may reject the name "Biafra" - seeing it as an Igbo thing?

Will there be a need to change this name to something else so that all the groups will partake actively?

It may be hard to convince someone who has associated Biafra with Igbo people to join Biafra, in my opinion though.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by jasysandra(f): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Na blood dey my vain, u be woman, i can think of other use for u, in the other room. tongue
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Cooly100: 9:25pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Well, don't you think other groups may reject the name "Biafra" - seeing it as an Igbo thing?

Will there be a need to change this name to something else so that all the groups will partake actively?

How can it be Igbo thing, when the name itself was suggested by an Ijaw man, and the last VP was Philip Effiong...What are you about...? You are gradually being exposed as fraud...

17 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
IPOB123london:

rubbish

what is niger-delta in the first place

i bet robbing igbo land to annex with some looters is what makes niger-delta

if u think we gonna sit back to watch lagos-ibadon express way newspaper brainwash our people to believe in the next 50 years Abia and Imo are not part of Igboland

u are seriously joking

We have come to dismantle every lies in the suraface for the good of our people
niger-delta

my foot

Please leave Igboland and Biafra first and address the genuine issue I have raised.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Cooly100:

How can it be Igbo thing, when the name itself was suggested by an Ijaw man, and the last VP was Philip Effiong...What are you about...? You are gradually being exposed as fraud...

I am just raising issues.

I think a name like Lower Niger Republic, or something else will sail better if Biafrans really want non-Igbos to follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom. This people need help...go and focus on your Oduo Republic and stop worrying about our own struggle. I have never seen a people like this before in my life.
You are the afonja here cos ur name is olu, oboribo

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:
How will the so called TonyeBarcanista Ijaw manage, Benin, urhobo, itsekiri, isoko and wat eva is left over?

In fact how will these groups manage themselves?

They keep talking about Biafra but they dont even know their own faith.

The igbo man love Nigeria but is left with no choice but to find his way due to hostility and injustice.

Oga you are not contributing to this interesting debate o. Methinks you are derailing it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Cooly100: 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2016
--
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

You are the afonja here cos ur name is olu, oboribo

Olu as in Oluchukwu. Pathetic Afonjas...travel to other regions to learn more about their names.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2016
badboywizzy:
you can only speak for yourself. Please allow the remaining 99.9% remaining Ibibio's to speak for themselves.

I am a Rivers boy, part of Niger delta. I totally support the Biafran struggle. Convincing my parents and siblings won't be a difficult thing because I'm sure they won't stay with the religious extreemist that behead people in the name of religion.
You are a rivers boy and you are talking for d ibibios, stick to one lie, u enugu man

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 20, 2016
Olu20090:

Olu as in Oluchukwu. Pathetic Afonjas...travel to other regions to learn more about their names.
osu

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ceaz4r(m): 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Change which name?

Trust me, the issue with Biafra is not Biafra but with how it will be constituted at the center. You have addressed one or two matters. I like your suggestion that Port Harcourt or Uyo should be capital. Please keep up with that trend.

You like his suggestion that Port Harcourt or Uyo should be the Capital of Biafra but you don't like it to be in Enugu because it will be too far for people in C/River or Akwaibom to access. How central are P/Harcourt or Uyo in the Biafra Map? Where now is your objectivity?

18 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
pazienza:
Let me book this space, just incase.

2. Why should where the capital location be an issue since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG and go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

I agree with you point on the distribution of capitals. If this is projected, many ethnic groups will fall in line, include the Edoid groups.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

This may not be how other ethnic groups see it sha. Some believe, and I dont blame them for it, that Igbos need access to seaport, and extra oil, hence the struggle to include other regions.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

Yes o. I am scared of an African franca. It will do faster damage to my mother-tongue than English. Orogun in Urhobo is a case study. However, I am comfortable with your response here.

The scenario you painted Of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

Thanks for replying. You have clarified some points.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2016
waternogetenemy:
I repeat, their is nothing like Niger Delta.

Wat i said is just the truth.
But there is something like osu,

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
ceaz4r:

You like his suggestion that Port Harcourt or Uyo should be the Capital of Biafra but you don't like it to be in Enugu because it will be too far for people in C/River or Akwaibom to access. How central are P/Harcourt or Uyo in the Biafra Map? Where now is your objectivity?

Capital city is a big question mark and one that is not easy to address.

I dont think central is such a good idea for a Biafra capital city.

It is best kept on the coast, inbetween Rivers and Bayelsa.(IMO)
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:39pm On Nov 20, 2016
ceaz4r:

My concern is for the riverine people who spend hours before reaching mainland. When we look at the map of the proposed nation, many of the riverine places and islands are not even there and these people suffer daily commuting from their locales. If capital is at Enugu, it may take a day before they reach it. It'll be better in a location which is accessible from Enugu, the most northern part of the proposed country, Ogoja, the most eastern, Urhoboland, the most western and Brass, the most southern.

These are all hypothetical matters though.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by adonis89(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

I wish Agitators good luck!

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

Indeed, the Indigenous People of Delusion (IPOD) are confused.

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.
in ur warped mind ,UV spoken d minds of ijaw ppl abi. Who made u my spokesman or d spokesman of my village in bayelsa. Dis fake ijaw man spk for urself

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

You are a rivers boy and you are talking for d ibibios, stick to one lie, u enugu man
No wonder people fail exams.

I only asked the Op to allow the Ibibio's to speak for themselves. Does that imply I was speaking for the Ibibio's ?

10 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
adonis89:
in ur warped mind ,UV spoken d minds of ijaw ppl abi. Who made u my spokesman or d spokesman of my village in bayelsa. Dis fake ijaw man spk for urself

Are you an Ijaw person?

From which LGA and village please?
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by amachuk(m): 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2016
OP You are asking people to address your points, but the fact is that there is no point to address, all these are figments of your imagination, you are merely trying to create troubles where there is non. when Ojukwu was leaving for ivory coast in the mid 70s he handed over the mantle of leadership to Philip Effiong, and Philip led till the end of war, thus, the last president of the old Biafran nation. there is no record of Ndigbo engaging their Biafran brothers, they have been leaving together peacefully for God knows how long, the war will not start now, not when we now know the real enemy. Igbos are Republicans in nature, they are not domineering, in the past igbos don't even have established kingship system so domination is not in their DNA, ndigbo only need free space to excel. Biafran people shall develop a constitution that will accommodate and carry along every Biafran and every Biafran tribe, we love ourselves to the envy of our enemies. Biafra shall come, Biafra shall flourish, so you should better worry your head about what becomes of your Oduduwa republic when Biafra goes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
adonis89:
Hahaha See this my clownish friend.

Before election I told you that whether Jonathan win or lose, hell will not break lose in Ijawland. You argued, Jonathan LOST and nothing happened.

I believe you are not in tune with Ijaw position on matters of interest and Ijaw interest as a whole. Yea you are a clown supporting Biafra, your opinion is however flawed as 99.99999% of Ijaw nation are ANTI-BIAFRA.

If only you are in touch you would have read the positions of INC, Ijaw monarchs and other leaders including militants on Biafra.

I am eminently qualified to speak for Ijaw nation because I am IN TOUCH and I know the interest of Ijaw nation.

BTW Go find any Ijaw FB page and join.... Clown grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

osu

Lol...hope you know I speak yoruba fluently more than you?
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
amachuk:
OP You are asking people to address your points, but the fact is that there is no point to address, all these are figments of your imagination, you are merely trying to create troubles where there is non. when Ojukwu was leaving for ivory coast in the mid 70s he handed over the mantle of leadership to Philip Effiong, and Philip led till the end of war, thus, the last president of the old Biafran nation. there is no record of Ndigbo engaging their Biafran brothers, they have been leaving together peacefully for God knows how long, the war will not start now, not when we now know the real enemy. Igbos are Republicans in nature, they are not domineering, in the past igbos don't even have established kingship system so domination is not in their DNA, ndigbo only need free space to excel. Biafran people shall develop a constitution that will accommodate and carry along every Biafran and every Biafran tribe, we love ourselves to the envy of our enemies. Biafra shall come, Biafra shall flourish, so you should better worry your head about what becomes of your Oduduwa republic when Biafra goes.

I hate that stream of thought where anyone who questions the veracity of Biafra is deemed to be from Oduduwa or Arewa. It is one of the issues I raised.

Ojukwu left power for Effiong because of necessity not because it was planned so that analogy fails to hold waters with me. So far, Ndiigbo has not really done much to show their hand of friendship to other neighbouring ethnic groups. Far from it, its youths have been making enemies where there were none. A case in point is the enmity between Bini and Urohobo people with Igbos due to some of the careless statements Ipob youths make online.

Let us learn to build bridges and makes others see the beauty in our cause and fights rather than make enemies because we feel we don't need others to actualise our dreams.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Fremancipation: 9:56pm On Nov 20, 2016
What does niger deltans have in common outside of producing oil?

Is it language? Culture? Food?

Aren't urohbos and ijaws in delta state killing each other?

The moment your cursed oil becomes worthless to Nigeria, no political entity will listen to you and give a damnn.

The irony of this whole thing is that Niger Delta needs Biafra more than Biafra needs it.

Personally I just want an Igbo only Biafra. I don't subscribe to IPOB version of including ungrateful non-Igbos. Let them stay in the zoo and continue to sell their souls.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by waternogetenemy: 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Hahaha See this my clownish friend.

Before election I told you that whether Jonathan win or lose, hell will not break lose in Ijawland. You argued, Jonathan LOST and nothing happened.

I believe you are not in tune with Ijaw position on matters of interest and Ijaw interest as a whole. Yea you are a clown supporting Biafra, your opinion is however flawed as 99.99999% of Ijaw nation are ANTI-BIAFRA.

If only you are in touch you would have read the positions of INC, Ijaw monarchs and other leade

Dis guy keeps sounding ridiculous by the day. Wat do u call the bombing of oil infrastructure? love making, paradise or heaven?

Are u more Ijaw than Asari Dokunbo or Tompolo and NDA? Do u know their position on Biafra?

Anyway, we pray that Nigeria starts to work and get things right before and after 2019, else Biafra will be a reality, with ijaw or no ijaw.

One thing is certain, all Igbo and igboid groups are automatically Biafrans, no need to hold referendum there.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply)

Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari / Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.