Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! (4779 Views)

Don’t Come To Lagos, Igbo Traders Warn Nnamdi Kanu / Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics / People With Placards Beg Jonathan To Come Back In Police Presence In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2016
Africans in diaspora must understand that a Lizard in US or UK can not suddenly become an Alligator in Nigeria or Kenya, just because their plane have just landed from NY or London!

The myth of the returnee is slowly dying. Competition is tough, and no one is expecting you, unless you have cash to flush.

If you are not a successful returnee (which means you don’t have a minimum of 100 000 dollars in disposable money), then your return here will be tough. People won’t respect you if you don’t have a big house and a big car, and if you could not pay for their meals and drink when they are hanging out with you.

The time of “small thing” is over. Everyone prays God, but the real king in town is Money, Big Money! It’s the ONLY thing people really Respect. You can keep your patriotism, panafricanism or activism for yourself.

If you are a returnee who have to compete with locals for job, business or attention, you’ll face an unspoken resentment of returnees, which will translate into many forms of ostracism or rejection.

People coming from human zoos (Europe, USA, etc) will be shocked because it’s not a zoo here. You have no one who is responsible for you, guard you, or give you a list of things not to eat or to drink. You have to constantly use 100% of your native survival instincts and trust them.

Very thrilling, but not for people who have grown up under neon lamps. You have to be ready to experience life out of the zoo net!

If you don’t have the guts and stamina, you better stay in the human zoo. Here it’s close to the jungle. There is no one to clean your ass, and the competition for resource is tough.

Yet, the thrill is real. For people who love freedom and challenge, and have the instinct for business, it’s the best place on earth to be now!

Yes, Africa is truly the best place on earth to live and die, regardless of above observations. The genuine laughter, the unscripted kindness, the holy impulsiveness is so boundless. If you want to see what is humanity before capitalism destroy it all, Come visit Africa.

We still have a lot of work to do to get rid of the illness tied to the old methods and mentalities which are holding Africa back. There are alternatives, but the old guard is still strong and forcefully defending the status quo.

Progress is slow, but change is on the way with a new generation of young africans who are hungrier and more impatient …a generation that realizes that it’s true potential is in its mind and in its hands, not in the checkbooks of foreign donors!

For Africans in the diaspora who don’t have money, one of the best approach is to return to their country for short periods and invest in understanding, meet people, work the paths, take notice, leave tracks, and wait for the moment!

If you could go over the shame of “un-success” in the West or abroad, and take small steps toward your return to Africa, you’ll be greatly rewarded after only a short period of time.
So my brother, for you to relocate, have no fears. Just plan, visit, re-plan, visit and alter your plan again … Also try to hedge your risks. Always have an Option B (even option C). Then ask questions too. Don’t relocate at same time with your family. Come in first. You can get a job first and with time you can decide to do other stuffs. But please don’t kid yourself, a sea of opportunities exist in this country called Nigeria and so many sectors are still either virgin or untapped. It’s not easy doing business, but it’s well worth taking a plunge, if you ask me. The decision is yours to make.” Shared a Nigerian who has successful returned.

No one could be respected or could ever claim ownership of a land he/she has not built, no matter the number of years he/she has lived there. Africans in the Diaspora have to come to build a place they could call Home.

Nothing good comes easy. Outsiders come to Africa to invest and they are making it, while the land owners are there in another man’s land struggling! Just have it in mind that a home you did not Arrange can never be yours.

3 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ybalogs(m): 11:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
True talk.Gbayi!!!!

1 Like

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ybalogs(m): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2016
I read all and didn't regret.Kudos

1 Like

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by DozieInc(m): 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
ok
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 21, 2016
Igbos/Anambra Are Indeed Doing Great... Even without d presence of fed.gov

2 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by WestAfrican: 12:13am On Nov 21, 2016
Success is not measured by the material possessions you store up for yourself. At the end of the day we die and leave everything behind.

Those who are determined to be rich stab themselves with many pains. Daily bread should be sufficient for us.

Oyibos live a simple life that is why they live older than we do. Check out the life expectancy in Nigeria, 40-60years?

Living in diaspora doesn't mean you have access to all the dollars either is it a criteria to be rich. One good thing is having the basic amenities for lifes comfort.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 12:35am On Nov 21, 2016
WestAfrican:
Success is not measured by the material possessions you store up for yourself. At the end of the day we die and leave everything behind.

Those who are determined to be rich stab themselves with many pains. Daily bread should be sufficient for us.

Oyibos live a simple life that is why they live older than we do. Check out the life expectancy in Nigeria, 40-60years?

Living in diaspora doesn't mean you have access to all the dollars either is it a criteria to be rich. One good thing is having the basic amenities for lifes comfort.
A beautiful bright light…all points made exactly as they should have been, because African's blacks, they have their own government-I think, own military-I think, own universities-I think, own land-I think and yet they have to leave Africa to obtain a better life, a better education and better health care. We Black Africans in the Diasporas should be going to Africa to receive all the above…not the other way around.

2 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by WestAfrican: 12:50am On Nov 21, 2016
ShoProperties:
A beautiful bright light…all points made exactly as they should have been, because African's blacks, they have their own government-I think, own military-I think, own universities-I think, own land-I think and yet they have to leave Africa to obtain a better life, a better education and better health care. We Black Africans in the Diasporas should be going to Africa to receive all the above…not the other way around.

Look, our leaders are wicked. They travel overseas enjoy all they see there but cannot implement all they have seen and benefitted from back in Nigeria.

We all cannot suffer and die in Africa. I am into Information Technology now how do I survive if government cannot provide the masses with regular electricity? No good roads, no regular running water, no security those are the basic things that will entice investors.

1 Like

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 1:10am On Nov 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

Look, our leaders are wicked. They travel overseas enjoy all they see there but cannot implement all they have seen and benefitted from back in Nigeria.

We all cannot suffer and die in Africa. I am into Information Technology now how do I survive if government cannot provide the masses with regular electricity? No good roads, no regular running water, no security those are the basic things that will entice investors.
Chinese immigration is generally for seizing business opportunities in foreign lands by conquering a space or an avenue so strongly that part become their China-town. They build underground network and unspoken code of honor to protect themselves again the locals.

Unforttunately, African immigration is often a self-servitude road, without any strategic intent, where most of our people end up becoming street cleaners, employees in someone else business or organization, good to take order and obey, looking after elderly incontinent people in Paris or London, and send painfully some remittance to families back home. Some are much luckier, they work in subaltern management positions in corporate America or in public institution in Europe.

Now, It doesn’t come as a surprise if Africans with the Philippines are the poorest diaspora in the world with also the lowest social status.

Immigration is for conquering lands and resources for one’s community.

Look how much lands europeans have in Africa. Look how much power the yield here, and their social status.

How much land do Africans have in Europe? How many Big companies do they own? What is their social status as a community?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 6:04am On Nov 21, 2016
[Yessß quote author=ShoProperties post=51217644]Chinese immigration is generally for seizing business opportunities in foreign lands by conquering a space or an avenue so strongly that part become their China-town. They build underground network and unspoken code of honor to protect themselves again the locals.

Unforttunately, African immigration is often a self-servitude road, without any strategic intent, where most of our people end up becoming street cleaners, employees in someone else business or organization, good to take order and obey, looking after elderly incontinent people in Paris or London, and send painfully some remittance to families back home. Some are much luckier, they work in subaltern management positions in corporate America or in public institution in Europe.

Now, It doesn’t come as a surprise if Africans with the Philippines are the poorest diaspora in the world with also the lowest social status.

Look how much lands europeans have in Africa. Look how much power the yield here, and their social status.

How much land do Africans have in Europe? How many Big companies do they own? What is their social status as a community?[/quote]
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by seunny4lif(m): 6:11am On Nov 21, 2016
cool
Well said jooor
grin grin grin
They always want the them to comeback home with Range 2017, just because they are living abroad abi?
That's the reason most of them, end up in jail.

ShoProperties:
Chinese immigration is generally for seizing business opportunities in foreign lands by conquering a space or an avenue so strongly that part become their China-town. They build underground network and unspoken code of honor to protect themselves again the locals.

How much land do Africans have in Europe? How many Big companies do they own? What is their social status as a community?

2 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by seunny4lif(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2016
The Europeans knows what they want and how to get it done but an average Nigerian just want to be rich not successful.
Europeans with 2 nice cars and they are happy but thats not the case as a Nigerian.
These people are corrupt too but they know how to execute it without suffering the masses cool cool cool.

2 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 7:27am On Nov 21, 2016
[quote author=seunny4lif post=51220126] cool
Well said jooor
grin grin grin
They always want the them to comeback home with Range 2017, just because they are living abroad abi?

[/quote well it's time for them to come home and 're strategize

1 Like

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2016
Rigolas:
Igbos/Anambra Are Indeed Doing Great... Even without d presence of fed.gov

And the state government couldn't even tar that road?

4 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 8:20am On Nov 21, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And the state government couldn't even tar that road?
lool
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by WestAfrican: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
cool
Well said jooor
grin grin grin

I am pretty sure you have not set your feet abroad or lived there before. Africans do well as individuals and as you know most of us have hatred for one another and always believe in competition.

Policies of most countries make it difficult for Africans to break through. If you are referring to African American that is understood but again you see the stigma they are facing in America and how whites who kill African Americans get away with it.

Don't compare chinese with Africans or Nigerians. Compare other smaller nations that are striving or a 3rd world nation. The first chinatown was in the 1500(in the Philippines) where was Nigeria then?

Forget about Nigerians in diaspora and concentrate on getting the government to better our country. Some Nigerians are doctors in Australia and they earn $150-$250 per hour multiply that by 8hours? Multiply by 364days?
Heaps of Nigerians are willing to return to invest but like i said ealier the government need to put things in place. For those who have decided not to return its there choice and should be respected.

Travel abroad, live there and come tell your story.

2 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

I am pretty sure you have not set your feet abroad or lived there before. Africans do well as individuals and as you know most of us have hatred for one another and always believe in competition.

Policies of most countries make it difficult for Africans to break through. If you are referring to African American that is understood but again you see the stigma they are facing in America and how whites who kill African Americans get away with it.

Don't compare chinese with Africans or Nigerians. Compare other smaller nations that are striving or a 3rd world nation. The first chinatown was in the 1500(in the Philippines) where was Nigeria then?

Forget about Nigerians in diaspora and concentrate on getting the government to better our country. Some Nigerians are doctors in Australia and they earn $150-$250 per hour multiply that by 8hours? Multiply by 364days?
Heaps of Nigerians are willing to return to invest but like i said ealier the government need to put things in place. For those who have decided not to return its there choice and should be respected.

In South Africa only, there are 6+ millions europeans. France which is the biggest European country with African immigrants has 4.5 millions Africans (more than 70% are from North Africa: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia).

In Zimbabwe only there are more than half a million British and other europeans, which is about 25% of the 2+ million African immigrants in UK coming in from 55 countries!

Also, did you know that there are more Arabs in Africa than in the Middle East. And, there are more Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in Africa than in UK and all Europeans countries combined.

Africans welcome all those people without ever committing a Genocide or racist crime on them. In contrary, most of those immigrants have very good positions and social status.

If Africa have to chase Europeans , Asians back home, like some are talking about Africans in Europe, those who will suffer the most are the Europeans ....how can we move forward when you can't fight for your country ,instead you travel out there where your existence is not noticed

1 Like

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 9:20am On Nov 21, 2016
They need us more than we need them
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by seunny4lif(m): 9:24am On Nov 21, 2016
cheesy grin grin grin
Sorry, I have never been to abroad before grin grin
Happy now grin
Re-read what I wrote there again before you dey see who don live for abroad before grin
WestAfrican:

3 Likes

Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 10:04am On Nov 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
cheesy grin grin grin
Happy now grin
Re-read what I wrote there again before you dey see who don live for abroad before grin
grin grin
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by seunny4lif(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2016
ShoProperties:
grin grin
Abi now grin grin grin
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 10:55am On Nov 21, 2016
seunny4lif:

Abi now grin grin grin
n.a. so
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by WestAfrican: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
cheesy grin grin grin
Happy now grin
Sorry mate didn't mean to quote you. Cheers
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by seunny4lif(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
grin grin grin
Wetin you chop this morning
WestAfrican:

Sorry mate didn't mean to quote you. Cheers
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by thedarkside: 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
WestAfrican:

abegi stop...success and money is everything in this world..
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
thedarkside:

abegi stop...success and money is everything in this world..
Yes
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2016
ShoProperties:
Yes
let them come and make Africa great again
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by thedarkside: 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2016
ShoProperties:
let them come and make Africa great again

great how??..

let them stay in the western and destroy the western world with drugs..

win-win business for africa..
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
thedarkside:

great how??..

let them stay in the western and destroy the western world with drugs..

win-win business for africa..
lool
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Real estate investing in Lagos is profitable if you know how and where to invest. When you invest appropriately in Nigeria property, you can easily earn as high as 20 - 30 percent growth in your investment year on year with almost zero work.
Re: African Diaspora: Come Back With Glory Or Don’t Come Back At All! by ShoProperties(m): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
The on-going expansion of the existing Epe Expressway that links Victoria Island and Lekki to Epe with additional coastal road and a marina, will further open up the neighbourhoods of the Lekki corridor, of which Ibeju-Lekki forms a great part. This means that there will be a steady and guaranteed appreciation of property values.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency React To Fake Buhari In Aso Rock – Reveal Plans / BREAKING!!! IPOB Orders Members To Remove All Nigerian Flags In South East / Nigeria Image: CNN World’s Untold Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.