Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:37 PM

Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson (38231 Views)

Samuel Adegbola: Supreme Court Dethrones First-Class Oyo Monarch, Eleruwa / 30 Things You Should Know About Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther / Some Chronicles About The Fulani-yoruba Tussle For Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
You all haven't seen any mistakes, infact there isn't any mistake. You all can't just read a history of between the 1700s and 1930s and then assume that is all there is about history. Let us all go back 50,000 years ago. Everything that is happening today is as a result of what took place 50,000 years ago/2 cycles ago.
1) How do we even measure/count a cycle astronomically in relationship to time?

Who am I? A Nobody, an information carrier; like Ancestor Samuel Johnson, who is also an information carrier amongst many.

Where can we Africans get the full, true and precise history? Deep question, but with a simple answer- From Black people, Their initiated Elders. Black people are the only custodian of all History. (There is history from the past and there is history into the future).

Griots/Story tellers/Chronicler- These are the Initiated Elders who possess the history of the past of everything that ever occurred in this solar system since it cooled down.
In Mali- Djeli
In Fulani- Gaulo
in Southern Africa- Moseki/Motshidi
In Igbo- Amongst the Dibia
In Yoruba- Arokin.

How are Griots trained? They are trained since they are children, The decision of whether they are going to be Griots depends on their performances of the community's children on their first/second rites of passage at the age of 14. How many of us did rites of passage? It is extremely important you ask yourselves this critical question.

Depending on the outcome, Children are assigned to their various duties (As you can see, there is no joblessness). Some would be Blacksmith -Who is a blacksmith?
another would be Stonesmith- Who is a stone smith? Some Carpenter- Who is a carpenter? Some carver, some weaver, herder, farmer, seers, healers, astronomers and physicists- Who is a carver, weaver, herder, farmer, seers, healer, astronomers and physicists ? Amongst many...
Some are Griots- Who are Griots? They are the poets, the musicians, the chronicler, the singers. They only compose their musics and songs out of history.
They are trained specifically to have a unique memory- Thus God has no power in His/Her pocket to make them forget, God has tried to do it, God couldn't.
History is passed to them in the method called - Mouth to ear. Are we primitive? Not in the least, We have over 10,000 different writing system in Africa (I am just trying not to make you crazy- there are more than our minds can imagine).
There is a Griot in every occupation.

Mouth to ear is LIQUID or GASEOUS which means it is alive; When a story is cast upon a stone, it becomes stagnant.

There are two types of Griots- First are those which History is past down to mouth to ear physically.
The Second- Are the Griots who constantly live with the Ancestors- They time travel. Yeeeees We Time Travel.

There is no single animousity between Black people, The ones that we see and experience or read about are merely children fooling around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
# What caused the in fighting amongst the Black race is what each of them cherishes so greatly. It is SPACE. Every Black person loves space.
The square mile area of the earth = 196,940,000 square mile
Landmass area = 57,255,000 square mile
Sea/ocean area= 139,685,000 square mile.

Total number of Black people that can physically exist at a time = 1,008,000,000 People. (We can never grow pass that number, God can't do nothing about it, atleast not in this universal era).

How much square mile is available to each person? Do the maths.....

Black people were on everybody part of the planet, What do you think would have happen if all of them are confounded to AFRICA alone?
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by lawani: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

I bet you've never been to Ilorin and to think it is geographically located in the north is naivety of the highest order. It is a political fraud to classify Ilorin and even the whole of Kwara State as north central.

If you're coming to the southern part of Nigeria from the north, through Makera,Makwa and Jebba axis, the moment you cross the Jebba bridge,you will definitely observe a sharp contrast in topography. This means the moment you cross Jebba bridge into Kwara state,you're no longer in the north. Kwara and some parts of Kogi shouldn't be part of north central or whatever. It is a political fraud! All these anomalies shall be addressed in our NEW NIGERIA in no distant future.

Ilorin is North, Okun is North, Jebba is North, some Jebba towns of the 33 Jebba towns are in Niger state. Yoruba is the second largest ethnicity after Hausa in the North! I dont think any Hausa man is saying Ilorin is Hausa land, I think only a few adventurous Fulanis say that which really is funny. Only young adventurous Fulanis say that and such Fulanis are foreigners in Yoruba land.

Ilorin was a breakaway Yoruba state whose elite were mainly Muslims and the people not necessarily. It came into prominence under Aare Afonja. Iwo was briefly a Muslim state as well. Two or three Yoruba Fulani descendants were Emirs in Ilorin meaning chief priest, then Yoruba Hausa descendants also, however they are all Yorubas. To the North is Jebba a Yoruba state that is not compromised by Islam, Northeast is Bariba. People who just make noise here dont know Geography at all!.

When you say Fulbe jihad, that happened in Hausa land mainly, then some Nupe land. No Fulbe jihad in Bariba or any Yoruba territory, not even in Abuja of the Gwaris. Please stop making fools of yourselves! A Fulani man was made Emir does not amount to Fulbe jihad.

Ibadan was a revolutionary state with no hereditary monarch and Ilorin was tributary to Ibadan until the civil war broke out in 1877.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by OROSUNBOLB(m): 4:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
barragan:

Ilorin will remain as it is, the people there are bound by religion to their king, you will be doing them no good trying to force the way of other Yorubas on them.

I truly understand your point but this goes far beyond religious affiliation,one of the mistakes of the past,of the people of Ilorin. The symbol of betrayal,deceit and treachery as represented by the tittle 'Emir of Ilorin' shall be uprooted from our land. It is a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
# There are only two people who tamed the forest and wild of Africa. They are the ABATWA PEOPLE AND THE KHOISAN OF SOUTHERN REGION OF AFRICA.

The rest of us, would not have survived without their help of teaching us on how to live in the forest of Africa continent.
# Shut your/my mouth descendants of immigrants and show some respect.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 5:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
For those who understand the grammatical rules of the Yoruba Language.

Ptah/Abatwa = Obatala.

Who molded Man according to the Yoruba myth? Obatala. Signifying the Abatwa helped you to survived the thickness of Africa. Don't trust me, just ask your Elders, I may be wrong.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 5:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
You are Malik, Saka, Muhammad, Lawal, Lawan, Bakare, etc. You are confused, You don't understand why you are Yoruba with a so called #Muslim name# Am I a slave, was My Ancestors captured? Did my Ancestor convert because they were ashamed of their Traditions?

Don't be stupid Brothers and Sisters, You were not descendants of slaves, captured Ancestors, or converts.
Out of the goodness and the very compassionate hearts of Your Ancestors, They gave their names to those non-blacks, ungrateful, never can be Muslim/fake muslims a name to call themselves so that they won't refer themselves as dogs.

Then, Your Ancestors wettled all around Africa, centuries before the contacts with Fulanis.

Muhammad, Mohammed, Muhammadu; Guess what Man is called in the Igbo Language - Mmadu! (Right Family).
Ahmad, Ahmed, in Fulani Hammadi, In Igbo - Amadi.

We are very related than you can ever imagine.

# UNITY TIME / UNITY ERA#
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by tunene66: 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
OROSUNBOLB:

I bet you've never been to Ilorin and to think it is geographically located in the north is naivety of the highest order. It is a political fraud to classify Ilorin and even the whole of Kwara State as north central.

If you're coming to the southern part of Nigeria from the north, through Makera,Makwa and Jebba axis, the moment you cross the Jebba bridge,you will definitely observe a sharp contrast in topography. This means the moment you cross Jebba bridge into Kwara state,you're no longer in the north. Kwara and some parts of Kogi shouldn't be part of north central or whatever. It is a political fraud! All these anomalies shall be addressed in our NEW NIGERIA in no distant future.

I was in Ilorin earlier in the year and I have even stayed in Ilorin for a period of two weeks. In addition I have journeyed to Kano, Abuja n Maiduguri to n fro passing Ilorin. That's by the way

What is clear is the events of the early 19th century made Ilorin, a major Yoruba city have as it's ruler, an Emir who is of Fulani extraction. That is the situation till date.

By the aforementioned Ilorin came under the influence of the Sokoto Caliphate to which its Emir owe allegiance.

The justification or otherwise is debatable and I am not willing to go to that

In conclusion, that Kashmir is in a similar dilemma between India n Pakistan. The ruling class is Hindi (with allegiance to India) the vast majority of the people Moslems (with desire to be in Pakistan)

Such dilemma are not easily resolved
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 11:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
LordAdam7:

The colony of Lagos should have never been joined with the Southern and Northern Protectorates. It was solely about British interests. And it clashed with Yoruba interests squarely.

It's a shame really.

And when Lagos and palm oil from the core ND gave way for the discovery of oil, the Fulani knew the British interests could actually serve their interests. It is why to this day, even tho' the Northern and Western (to mean Western Europe and North America) way of life are at complete odds, their interests are well aligned as far as Nigeria is concerned.

It is thus disappointing that exactly 101 years after that shameful capitulation was done, eminent Yorubas who should have known better stopped the only chance at decisively proffering a workable solution in the 2015 elections. And in so doing, orchestrated the biggest mistake since 1960, by handing over power to the same Fulanis for at least the next 24 years (quarter of a century--8 years for each of the northern sub regions). By then, any hopes of restructuring would have been successfully and completely quashed.

And who loses?

-Lord
don't bring GEJ to this matter.
Maybe yorubas should v teamed up with Another party Instead of APC.
but GEJ deserves to leave Office last year.
This is not about treachery

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by LordAdam7: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2016
Padipadi:
don't bring GEJ to this matter.
Maybe yorubas should v teamed up with Another party Instead of APC.
but GEJ deserves to leave Office last year.
This is not about treachery

Why?

What did GEJ do that no other President or Military Leader in Nigeria hasn't done?

Please tell me, I want to know!

Why did you guys not gang up to remove your brother OBJ in 2003?

Yorubas had two options, go with GEJ or go with Buhari.

The elders, those who see far while sitting, went with GEJ.

Myopic, unexperienced kids like yourself and that overgrown, greedy Arrow called Tinubu went with Buhari.

You only had two options, no more and you went with the worst option.

So, don't say we shouldn't bring GEJ into this issue.

Who called Yorubas AFONJAS until 2014?

Nobody!

The AFONJA tag came in vogue after the SW allied with the North against Southern interests.

You have a blind hatred for GEJ because neither Tinubu nor OBJ (your star leaders) are better than GEJ.

They have done everything they accuse GEJ of, so why the hypocrisy?

-Lord
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 15, 2016
LordAdam7:

Why?

What did GEJ do that no other President or Military Leader in Nigeria hasn't done?

Please tell me, I want to know!
GEJ personally insulted & disrespected me by removing fuel subsidy on the 1st of Jan 2012. He was insensitive there. GEJ failed me by not guaranteeing the promised power generation expectation of 10,000mw but left me with only 3,500mw to manage with my fellow Nigerians.
APC propaganda didn't tell me these facts. I don't support politicians based on he/she's my brother/family syndrome. I support who I morally think is ok!
I m not speaking for Yorubas but I share similar thoughts like them. Most Yorubas supported GEJ in 2011. So why are you or any pained easterner/south-south crying foul play. If only you blamed me or any Yorubaman that voted APC that they should v looked for alternatives...I ll beleive you are completely right.
LordAdam7:

Why did you guys not gang up to remove your brother OBJ in 2003?
We don't like OBJ blindly. OBJ didn't get much support when he was contesting with a fellow Yorubaman (Olu Falae) in 1999. In 2003, he made some improvements between 1999-2003. We beleive he could come back & continue to do well. OBJ is not a Yorubaman's favourite. We don't shield a man that have error. We try to check it.
LordAdam7:

Yorubas had two options, go with GEJ or go with Buhari.

The elders, those who see far while sitting, went with GEJ.
Some of these elders appeared or if not compromised! Are these not the elders EFCC is dragging about that one of them collected N100m?
If we have a well meaning elder last year, he ll rather say we keep our vote or vote for a diff party rather than vote GEJ.

Myopic, unexperienced kids like yourself and that overgrown, greedy Arrow called Tinubu went with Buhari.

So, don't say we shouldn't bring GEJ into this issue.[/quote]
There are three types of Yoruba voters/politicians.
1. Those who vote cause they reason well
2. Those who vote cause they were persuaded by propaganda
3. Those who vote cause they were given bags of rice or kegs/gallons of oil & ankara.

Out of the three, No 1 is the most populous. These were the people that supported GEJ in 2011. If it was the vote of the easterners/south-south alone that year GEJ ll not win. the southwest vote gave more to GEJ. The opposite happened in 2015 and you were crying foul play. Always saying Yorubas are responsible for your case. The same thing during the time of the civil war where Igbos till today accuse Awolowo of diff things. What of the majority Christian middle belt that went against the Igbos during the time of the civil war & again in 2015 election votes. If I continue, we ll completely derail the thread. Yorubas have their fault. We may be guilty of mis-calculations in 2015. But I ll rather note vote for anyone if GEJ was the only option last year. every region should charge their politicians to do good governance. By 2019, If APC/Buhari have not improved...I guarantee you that no well meaning Yoruba man ll vote them.
LordAdam7:

Nobody!

The AFONJA tag came in vogue after the SW allied with the North against Southern interests.

I don't reallly get moved by being called an Afonja. Afonja is only recognised in Ilorin. He's not a suitable role model so we don't get mad when he's abused or we are abused through him. I only laugh at the mysery of anyone referring to Yorubas as Afonjas or Igbos as IPods. It's a shame Seun & his mods only remember my own words as abusive or bullying on Nairaland (that's a story for another day).
LordAdam7:

You have a blind hatred for GEJ because neither Tinubu nor OBJ (your star leaders) are better than GEJ.

-Lord
I voted and campaigned for GEJ in 2011. How can you say I or other well meaning Yorubas hated him. We are aware ofthe North's manipulations. If only we can see a patriotic Igboman that beleives in one Nigeria, he or she ll be hot cake for Aso Rock in 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 15, 2016
And where is naijalander?
I v been enjoying this thread.
Wa pari story e o! (Come and finish your story)
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by elfico(m): 2:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
obiageIi:
I'm so much enjoying this, how i wish this rich history will hit the cinemas someday, i am an addict of history film, Korean mostly. Reading this write up, all i can think of is the costume
Some of them have been made into movies. They are yoruba movies but subtitled.
I know of the movies
"Afonja",
"Basoorun Gaa",
"Sango",
"Efunsetan".
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by elfico(m): 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Padipadi:
And where is naijalander?
I v been enjoying this thread.
Wa pari story e o! (Come and finish your story)

I tire o.

I am enjoying it too and cant wait for the next parts.

@naijalander we dey wait o. grin
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by lawani: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
IF YORUBAS CONTINUE TO CALL AN AFONJA A TRAITOR, A MAN WHO DIED INSISTING THE POSITION OF ILORIN CHIEF IMAM MUST NOT BE HEREDITARY FOR ONLY FULANIS, THEN SUCH YORUBAS DONT DESERVE TO HAVE THE SOVEREIGNTY WHICH AFONJA DIED FOR.YOU DONT DESERVE THE SOVEREIGNTY AARE LATOSISA DIED FOR AND ETC. YOU NEED TOGO AND OFFER SACRIFICE TO LATE AARE AFONJA, AARE LATOSISA AND ETC!

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by tunene66: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2016
Having gone over practically all of the book by Samuel Johnson as downloaded its glaring that bad, corrupt n oppressive leadership together with inordinate ambition, treachery, indiscipline and unnecessary intra ethnic rivalry was the hallmark of the Yoruba race in the 19th century.

Hope we all learn from those past mistakes.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by RedboneSmith(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2016
tunene66:
I have downloaded the book it makes for interesting reading. How Yoruba language became a written language is interesting. One word I found interesting is the origin of the word Ooni from Owoni itself a contraction of Omo oluwoni (son of a sacrificial victim) hope to hear what the Ifes will say in response

That is the Oyo-centric version of the story. You will have to bear in mind the long-going tussle between Oyo and Ife for primacy in Yorubaland while reading that passage. I am inclined to think that the derivation of Ooni from Omo oluwoni is a piece of Oyo propaganda, with the intent of 'showing' that the Ooni is the inferior of the Alaafin.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 4:50pm On Dec 15, 2016
We have been learning from it since 1921, has it change anything? That is not the whole truth. A people can't just turn against each other out of the cloud. As one question is answered, that answer opens another question until we get to the base of the matter.

tunene66:
Having gone over practically all of the book by Samuel Johnson as downloaded its glaring that bad, corrupt n oppressive leadership together with inordinate ambition, treachery, indiscipline and unnecessary intra ethnic rivalry was the hallmark of the Yoruba race in the 19th century.

Hope we all learn from those past mistakes.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by tunene66: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2016
gatiano:
We have been learning from it since 1921, has it change anything? That is not the whole truth. A people can't just turn against each other out of the cloud. As one question is answered, that answer opens another question until we get to the base of the matter.

My call is for us as a people to say no to those things like corruption greed inordinate lust and the likes of those things.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by tunene66: 5:28pm On Dec 15, 2016
RedboneSmith:

That is the Oyo-centric version of the story. You will have to bear in mind the long-going tussle between Oyo and Ife for primacy in Yorubaland while reading that passage. I am inclined to think that the derivation of Ooni from Omo oluwoni is a piece of Oyo propaganda, with the intent of 'showing' that the Ooni is the inferior of the Alaafin.

That's why I am seeking for the Ife version of the story.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by gatiano(m): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
xaxaxaxaxax. I see the point of what you are talking about; What you mean is admirable but we must understand certain things. You too would fall for lust (lol, you put a clever word for an adjective "inordinate"wink, greed and corruption.

Corruption as a corporation is richer than the entire world govt, how to defect that?
Greed is the God we worship, we don't seem to want to put that god aside. Anybody who wants to come against this god called greed must come prepared and come good ready to die. Greed is a merciless fighter.

Lust? that is something deep on its own, I don't yet understand. "Inordinate" lol, Bro, you go wicked gan ni when you reach power.

tunene66:

My call is for us as a people to say no to those things like corruption greed inordinate lust and the likes of those things.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by LordAdam7: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
Padipadi:
GEJ personally insulted & disrespected me by removing fuel subsidy on the 1st of Jan 2012. He was insensitive there. GEJ failed me by not guaranteeing the promised power generation expectation of 10,000mw but left me with only 3,500mw to manage with my fellow Nigerians.
APC propaganda didn't tell me these facts. I don't support politicians based on he/she's my brother/family syndrome. I support who I morally think is ok!
I m not speaking for Yorubas but I share similar thoughts like them. Most Yorubas supported GEJ in 2011. So why are you or any pained easterner/south-south crying foul play. If only you blamed me or any Yorubaman that voted APC that they should v looked for alternatives...I ll beleive you are completely right.
We don't like OBJ blindly. OBJ didn't get much support when he was contesting with a fellow Yorubaman (Olu Falae) in 1999. In 2003, he made some improvements between 1999-2003. We beleive he could come back & continue to do well. OBJ is not a Yorubaman's favourite. We don't shield a man that have error. We try to check it.
Some of these elders appeared or if not compromised! Are these not the elders EFCC is dragging about that one of them collected N100m?
If we have a well meaning elder last year, he ll rather say we keep our vote or vote for a diff party rather than vote GEJ.

3. Those who vote cause they were given bags of rice or kegs/gallons of oil & ankara.

Out of the three, No 1 is the most populous. These were the people that supported GEJ in 2011. If it was the vote of the easterners/south-south alone that year GEJ ll not win. the southwest vote gave more to GEJ. The opposite happened in 2015 and you were crying foul play. Always saying Yorubas are responsible for your case. The same thing during the time of the civil war where Igbos till today accuse Awolowo of diff things. What of the majority Christian middle belt that went against the Igbos during the time of the civil war & again in 2015 election votes. If I continue, we ll completely derail the thread. Yorubas have their fault. We may be guilty of mis-calculations in 2015. But I ll rather note vote for anyone if GEJ was the only option last year. every region should charge their politicians to do good governance. By 2019, If APC/Buhari have not improved...I guarantee you that no well meaning Yoruba man ll vote them.

Nobody!

I don't reallly get moved by being called an Afonja. Afonja is only recognised in Ilorin. He's not a suitable role model so we don't get mad when he's abused or we are abused through him. I only laugh at the mysery of anyone referring to Yorubas as Afonjas or Igbos as IPods. It's a shame Seun & his mods only remember my own words as abusive or bullying on Nairaland (that's a story for another day).

-Lord
I voted and campaigned for GEJ in 2011. How can you say I or other well meaning Yorubas hated him. We are aware ofthe North's manipulations. If only we can see a patriotic Igboman that beleives in one Nigeria, he or she ll be hot cake for Aso Rock in 2019.

After reading your very first message, I don't think you deserve a reply.

What exactly was wrong about removing subsidy in 2012.

The same subsidy that Nigeria has paid more than N4t for since 2012 until date. The same subsidy that PMB removed and it was not an insult to you.

The same subsidy that has been stylishly reintroduced now that oil price is increasing?

In fact, let me stop here.

You obviously need to be admitted at a psychiatric hospital.

Nonsense!

-Lord
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
LordAdam7:

After reading your very first message, I don't think you deserve a reply.

What exactly was wrong about removing subsidy in 2012.

The same subsidy that Nigeria has paid more than N4t for since 2012 until date. The same subsidy that PMB removed and it was not an insult to you.

The same subsidy that has been stylishly reintroduced now that oil price is increasing?

In fact, let me stop here.

You obviously need to be admitted at a psychiatric hospital.

Nonsense!

-Lord
And you think you are sane calling me mad. After giving you valid points why a well meaning Yoruba man acts.
And you were here to disturb us enjoying our story of Yoruba history.
People like you quickly pick up abuses in discussions like the one I engaged you in. You didn't see the other points I made. I m also not in total support of Buhari's subsidy. At least, he was sensible not to remove it on January 1st.

Seun, see your life. If not you, why ll this one called LordAdam7 be abusing me?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by LordAdam7: 10:52pm On Dec 15, 2016
Padipadi:

And you think you are sane calling me mad. After giving you valid points why a well meaning Yoruba man acts.
And you were here to disturb us enjoying our story of Yoruba history.
People like you quickly pick up abuses in discussions like the one I engaged you in. You didn't see the other points I made. I m also not in total support of Buhari's subsidy. At least, he was sensible not to remove it on January 1st.

Seun, see your life. If not you, why ll this one called LordAdam7 be abusing me?

I cannot continue discussing with someone who is clearly bereft of common sense.

So cry me a river that I gave you a firm diagnosis of what your problem is.

Those so-called valid points are a MONUMENTAL DISGRACE. So you could call yourself a well-meaning Yoruba man, but you're just a self-loathing Yoruba man without an iota of logical reasoning.

How can you say GEJ's removal of subsidy annoyed you in 2012 and then in 2016 when it was removed, it pleased you?

Or tell me OBJ made improvements between 1999-2003 when he did absolutely nothing. OBJ's best years were in his second tenure.

Read that again and tell me you are not ABNORMAL?

If you like call Jesus Christ, it doesn't stop me from reiterating that you need to be admitted into a psychiatric hospital.

Seun ko, Shege ni.

Nonsense!

-Lord
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 9:55am On Dec 16, 2016
LordAdam7:

I cannot continue discussing with someone who is clearly bereft of common sense.

So cry me a river that I gave you a firm diagnosis of what your problem is.

Those so-called valid points are a MONUMENTAL DISGRACE. So you could call yourself a well-meaning Yoruba man, but you're just a self-loathing Yoruba man without an iota of logical reasoning.

How can you say GEJ's removal of subsidy annoyed you in 2012 and then in 2016 when it was removed, it pleased you?

Or tell me OBJ made improvements between 1999-2003 when he did absolutely nothing. OBJ's best years were in his second tenure.

Read that again and tell me you are not ABNORMAL?

If you like call Jesus Christ, it doesn't stop me from reiterating that you need to be admitted into a psychiatric hospital.

Seun ko, Shege ni.

Nonsense!

-Lord
When you try to talk to a mad man, he ll call you mad. You are mad.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Padipadi(m): 9:58am On Dec 16, 2016
lawani:
IF YORUBAS CONTINUE TO CALL AN AFONJA A TRAITOR, A MAN WHO DIED INSISTING THE POSITION OF ILORIN CHIEF IMAM MUST NOT BE HEREDITARY FOR ONLY FULANIS, THEN SUCH YORUBAS DONT DESERVE TO HAVE THE SOVEREIGNTY WHICH AFONJA DIED FOR.YOU DONT DESERVE THE SOVEREIGNTY AARE LATOSISA DIED FOR AND ETC. YOU NEED TOGO AND OFFER SACRIFICE TO LATE AARE AFONJA, AARE LATOSISA AND ETC!
Afonja's story of our he was killed was touching. But logically, he betrayed Aole. The issue with BTW them could v been resolved amicably.
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by sashash(m): 11:50am On Dec 16, 2016
God bless you for this.well said in order to understand the Yoruba mindset about politics then we should study politics of 1st and 2nd republic.GEJ won massively in 2011 because we felt he was a breath of fresh air well we all know wot wanted .we sud nt forget that PMB and even Ribadu of the ACN so called Yoruba candidate was dere den in 2011 yet GEJ won .
Padipadi:

Nobody!

-Lord
Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by lawani: 1:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Padipadi:

Afonja's story of our he was killed was touching. But logically, he betrayed Aole. The issue with BTW them could v been resolved amicably.

NOBODY CAN SINGLE HANDEDLY REMOVE A YORUBA OBA BECAUSE THAT PERSON IS A HOUSE BOY OF THE OGBONI, IT WAS THE STATE APPARATUS THAT REMOVED AOLE NOT AFONJA. THE BASHORUN HEAD OF OYOMESI AND THE ONIKOYI WERE INVOLVED. IT WAS A CONSENSUS.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by Olu317(m): 10:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
quickly:

Exactly the same thing Boko Haram is doing. Those jihad is were worst than Boko Haram and of course they was no social media or telephone to warn neighboring town that blood sucking Islamist wanted everybody in ur town to bow to Mecca or die.

It's funny That some africans are still captured like that and bowing and facing mecca doing praying.
So true but I have seen some practice Islam in a Christian way. I mentioned it because there are some people doing their daily routine prayers and seek peace with their neighbors. Although I am tempted to opined it was as a result of exposure and wisdom. Having opined this, I am so surprised at the manner ISIS, HEZBOLLAH, AL QAUEDA, AL SHABAB,BOKO HARAM are having a swell day despite all their numerous death. I just can't fathom how some people will choose to die for a cause that can even take the lives of their own families and friends without considering all these woes .Lately, it was even discovered that Many Boko Haram members caught couldn't even read Quran. I find it hard to comprehend. God will us.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Revolutionary War Chronicles. By Samuel Johnson by lawani: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Olu317:
So true but I have seen some practice Islam in a Christian way. I mentioned it because there are some people doing their daily routine prayers and seek peace with their neighbors. Although I am tempted to opined it was as a result of exposure and wisdom. Having opined this, I am so surprised at the manner ISIS, HEZBOLLAH, AL QAUEDA, AL SHABAB,BOKO HARAM are having a swell day despite all their numerous death. I just can't fathom how some people will choose to die for a cause that can even take the lives of their own families and friends without considering all these woes .Lately, it was even discovered that Many Boko Haram members caught couldn't even read Quran. I find it hard to comprehend. God will us.

NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER COME OUT OF A THEOLOGY SAYING ONE MAN IS SOMETHING OTHERS CAN NEVER BECOME! OR THAT SAYS 'DONT WORSHIP OTHER GODS', THAT THREATENS UNBELIEVERS WITH HELL FIRE AND ETC

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Ajoke Adeyemi's 30th Birthday Party Photos / Oluwo Of Iwo Requests ₦20M For His 'Royal Wedding' To Kano Princess / Igbo, Ibibio, Etc. In The Atlantic Slave Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.