Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,282 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. (22020 Views)

Tecno Camon 11 Pro Full Specifications And Price / Gionee A1 Lite Full Review: 20MP Selfie Camera Samples (Photos) / New!! New!!! Tecno W5 Smartphone with Fingerprint scanner. *Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Chudichu(m): 11:12am On Nov 21, 2016
Hi guys, today's post is as the header says, about the Tecno W5 Lite, Tecno actually launched the W5 earlier. Recently smartphone brands are known to launch devices with a little upgrade form the immediate predecessor like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus the Gionee M6 and M6 plus , some others go for a little "downgrade" if you like to call it that. Where the device has less features or some missing features that comes with the predecessor, in the case of an upgrade it's called 'plus', but in a downgrade 'mini' or Lite as in the case of the Tecno W5 Lite.

So we expect a little lesser from the Tecno W5 Lite. The key features that makes this tecno device a Lite version are these ;

The 4G LTE in the W5 is absent.
Finger print sensor was removed.
Secondary camera was dropped from 5MP to 2MP. That's basically all.

Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications

Body
Dimensions : 153.2 × 76.4 × 7.8 mm.
Build : plastic with metalic frame
Colours : Black, champagne gold, white.

Display
Size : 5.5 inch
Resolution : 720 × 1280 pixels, 300 pixel per inch (PPI)

Platform
Processor (CPU) : 1.3GHz quad-core
Chipset : MediaTek 6753.
Graphic processor (GPU) : Mali T720.
Operating system(OS): Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Memory

RAM : 1GB
Internal storage : 16GB
External storage : Yes expandable via a microSD card upto 64GB

Camera
Rear camera (primary) : 13-megapixel, face and smile detection,autofocus, Geo-tagging camera with LED flash
Front camera (secondary) :2MP

Sound
Loudspeaker :Yes, mono
Audio port: 3.5mm jack
Music support : AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.

Network
2G Network : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 TD-SCDMA
4G Network : No
Type of sim : Micro sim (Dual)

Sensors
Accelerometer :Yes
Proximity :Yes
Light Sensor :Yes
Finger print :No

Battery
Capacity : 3000mah, non - removal able
Supports fast charge.

Connectivity
WiFi : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth : Version 4. 0
USB :mirco USB v2. 0

Price of the Tecno W5 Lite
As a mid range smartphone, the price of the W5 Lite will be between 100 USD and 120 USD or 34,000 - 45,000 naira in Nigeria.

So what do you think of the Tecno W5 Lite?

More mobile Tech updates, news, reviews, how to, tutorial and tips @
http://gadgetshost..com.ng/?m=1

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Akaewu: 1:16am On Nov 22, 2016
Light sensor...is it led notification light ?
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Theebz: 5:29am On Nov 22, 2016
So what's now the essence,,It's just a low end device sef
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Opistorincos(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2016
Thunder go still fire tecno for all these 1gb ram phones

1 Like

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Sandydayziz(f): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
1gb ram...? I still prefer L8+

1 Like

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Sandydayziz(f): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
1gb ram...? I still prefer L8+.

1 Like

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Lionbite(m): 6:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
The rate at which tecno and infinix are releasing the phones is similar to the rate at which solomon was taking in ladies.

Now speaking of Bro. Solomon will he go to heaven or hell given the fact that he had 700 wives and 300 CONCUBINES!
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Chudichu(m): 7:08am On Nov 23, 2016
Akaewu:
Light sensor...is it led notification light ?
No
The led notification light is not a sensor.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Chudichu(m): 7:12am On Nov 23, 2016
Theebz:
So what's now the essence,,It's just a low end device sef
The phantom 6 is high end, how many can afford it
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Chudichu(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2016
Sandydayziz:
1gb ram...? I still prefer L8+
The 1GB RAM is definitely a downside.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by vikkytan49(m): 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by seghordy: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
Chudichu:

The phantom 6 is high end, how many can afford it
few my brother
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by seghordy: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
Nice device but the ram need to be worked on
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by seghordy: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Lionbite:
The rate at which tecno and infinix are releasing the phones is similar to the rate at which solomon was taking in ladies.

Now speaking of Bro. Solomon will he go to heaven or hell given the fact that he had 700 wives and 300 CONCUBINES!
well i think he made heaven
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Techm8: 12:39am On Nov 24, 2016
Chudichu:

The 1GB RAM is definitely a downside.
No be everybody be heavy user, some people just want a decent phone with a couple new features. It's Entry level for a reason.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Chudichu(m): 1:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Techm8:

No be everybody be heavy user, some people just want a decent phone with a couple new features. It's Entry level for a reason.
Yea you are right.. But still from today's smartphone technology, 1GB RAM is below par.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by investigator007: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
seghordy:
Nice device but the ram need to be worked on

It would have been better if it had a 2GB ram
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Abdstrakt(m): 8:59am On Nov 25, 2016
Chudichu:

Yea you are right.. But still from today's smartphone technology, 1GB RAM is below par.
I have a 1 GB RAM Phone and it works perfect with zero lag.
I don't install apps that I don't use every other day.
I don't play games on smartphones.
My phone works flawlessly.
So 1GB RAM isn't a deal breaker for the intended market segment.

2 Likes

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Tonynwaduche(m): 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Someone should compare L8 plus and Camon C7
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by monastik(m): 11:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Abdstrakt(m): 12:17am On Dec 08, 2016
Chudichu:

Baba RAM cost money.
Why increase production cost on a phone that is targeted at moderate users by adding a feature they don't need? Doesn't make sense.

3 Likes

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 08, 2016
Lionbite:

Hell
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Matikho: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Does Tecno W5 Lite have a 2MP front facing camera or is it 5MP?
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by omoalajah(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
YEah! Depends on usage of device .
Abdstrakt:

I have a 1 GB RAM Phone and it works perfect with zero lag.
I don't install apps that I don't use every other day.
I don't play games on smartphones.
My phone works flawlessly.
So 1GB RAM isn't a deal breaker for the intended market segment.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by excanny: 8:11pm On Jan 05, 2017
Opistorincos:
Thunder go still fire tecno for all these 1gb ram phones

There are other Tecno models with bigger RAMs you can buy if you requirements demands that.

phantom 6+ --> 4GB RAM

Camon C9+ -- 3GB RAM and many more.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by datyorubaboy: 8:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Abi o. You bought what u can afford and now complaining. LOL. grin
excanny:

There are other Tecno models with bigger RAMs you can buy if you requirements demands that.

phantom 6+ --> 4GB RAM

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by missslimzy(f): 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
L8 Plus is better!!!!
Tonynwaduche:
Someone should compare L8 plus and Camon C7

1 Like

Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Techm8: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
excanny:

phantom 6+ --> 4GB RAM

I'm just beginning to see this C9+ talked about. No idea there was a C9, or did it just come out?
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by excanny: 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2017
Techm8:

I'm just beginning to see this C9+ talked about. No idea there was a C9, or did it just come out?

No. It's been around Oct/Nov 2016.
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by FellaL: 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Chudichu:
Hi guys, today's post is as the header says, about the Tecno W5 Lite, Tecno actually launched the W5 earlier. Recently smartphone brands are known to launch devices with a little upgrade form the immediate predecessor like the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 plus the Gionee M6 and M6 plus , some others go for a little "downgrade" if you like to call it that. Where the device has less features or some missing features that comes with the predecessor, in the case of an upgrade it's called 'plus', but in a downgrade 'mini' or Lite as in the case of the Tecno W5 Lite.

So we expect a little lesser from the Tecno W5 Lite. The key features that makes this tecno device a Lite version are these ;

The 4G LTE in the W5 is absent.
Finger print sensor was removed.
Secondary camera was dropped from 5MP to 2MP. That's basically all.

Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications

Body
Dimensions : 153.2 × 76.4 × 7.8 mm.
Build : plastic with metalic frame
Colours : Black, champagne gold, white.

Display
Size : 5.5 inch
Resolution : 720 × 1280 pixels, 300 pixel per inch (PPI)

Platform
Processor (CPU) : 1.3GHz quad-core
Chipset : MediaTek 6753.
Graphic processor (GPU) : Mali T720.
Operating system(OS): Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Memory

RAM : 1GB
Internal storage : 16GB
External storage : Yes expandable via a microSD card upto 64GB

Camera
Rear camera (primary) : 13-megapixel, face and smile detection,autofocus, Geo-tagging camera with LED flash
Front camera (secondary) :2MP

Sound
Loudspeaker :Yes, mono
Audio port: 3.5mm jack
Music support : AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.

Network
2G Network : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 TD-SCDMA
4G Network : No
Type of sim : Micro sim (Dual)

Sensors
Accelerometer :Yes
Proximity :Yes
Light Sensor :Yes
Finger print :No

Battery
Capacity : 3000mah, non - removal able
Supports fast charge.

Connectivity
WiFi : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct
Bluetooth : Version 4. 0
USB :mirco USB v2. 0

Price of the Tecno W5 Lite
As a mid range smartphone, the price of the W5 Lite will be between 100 USD and 120 USD or 34,000 - 45,000 naira in Nigeria.

So what do you think of the Tecno W5 Lite?

More mobile Tech updates, news, reviews, how to, tutorial and tips @
http://gadgetshost..com.ng/?m=1
is it cheaper than the w5
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by pr0blem: 3:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
Lionbite:

lol my guy u funny oo
Re: New Tecno W5 Lite Full Specifications And Price. by Techm8: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
excanny:

No. It's been around Oct/Nov 2016.
Yea, it just slipped under the radar with no fanfare. I guess the phantom 6 and 6+ took the spotlight away from it.
I just looked at spec sheet, and I liked what I saw.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? / Etisalat PAYG Data Plan Has Been Cancelled / IMEI Thievery; A Nation Of Hypocrites.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.