Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Inta-tribal Marriage Urhobo & Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Inta-tribal Marriage Urhobo & Yoruba (2260 Views)

Igbo Men And Inter- Tribal Marriage / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inta-tribal Marriage Urhobo & Yoruba by tegasgirl(f): 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2009
Hi all,

My apologies in advance if there is a similar thread, I haven't been able to find a topic that relates to me close enough.

I love my man, we have been together for almost two years and marriage is on the cards.

He is from Delta and a Christian, I am from Lagos and a Muslim, we both live in London.

We've spoken about what will happen in the future and he is adamant that things will work themselves out. I can't help but but be worried, we've all seen Nigerian movies about this.

I have spoken to his family on numerous occasions, they have been nothing but friendly to me. My family will 'want what I want' but my mom is a bit apprehensive about me being married into a different culture.

I'm just starting to get a bit worried that we are living in this bubble, being in London and if we were to move back to Nigeria, things will change.

He isn't really into his culture, he can't even speak his language but I'm just worried that I'm in for a culture shock when we get married.

Is there anyone here that has somewhat similar stories, good or bad to share?
How is it being married to someone who has a completely different culture?
What is expected of the wife of an Urhobo man?

(1) (Reply)

Keggites: Re Introduce Yourself / Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa / Graphic Photo: Man Kills An Entire Chimpanzee Family At Sapele, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.