Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,951 members, 7,803,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) (48657 Views)

Young Man Shot Dead At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Tussle. Photo / Attempt To Rob A White Man In Enugu State Foiled By Mobile Police Men (photos) / Nigerian Police Reply Nairalander Who Said He & His Friend Were Shot By Police(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by faitheverest(f): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2016
Then they will just complain of headache and die with their clean beautyplus pictures,looking so innocent and what I cannot decode,posted on nairaland and we will start pitying them. Not knowing one amadioha sent by one man with ofor na ogu don handle am....
Unu kwantinu intimidating and killing the innocent souls..

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by ellovee(m): 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
[size=18pt]the story of the woman is touching, what a useless country. Where is the award winning Ambode? Where is the minister of health? Where are the right activists? Where is the promised change[/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Neddstark: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Two weeks ago at old ojo road, a drunk policeman trying to extort motorists, mistakenly shot a man dead buying Suya. In Nigeria, the police is a potential enemy.

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by johnstar(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
azeecoboy:
I couldn't hold back my tears from the part where the lady was crying "please don't let me die"..i cannot imagine the pain and agony she is going through...
Op I thank God for your life,that was a narrow saving on your life,May God continue to save us from these kind of experience..
Everything is Nigeria is so bleeped up!!...
See what our hospitals has been reduced to,no medical attention,np medical equipment..nothing nothing
People keep dying due to lack of medical facilities everyday...

And to imagine our security operatives who are meant to protect us are now the one who threatens and put the life of people in danger..
Smh
dat lady mata pain me I swear, choi she died due to lack of medical attention (she lost allot of blood na)

May her soul rip

No better hospital , na money all of dm dey find choi
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by omowumeee(f): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
Naija which way naa
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by passyhansome(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
[size=15pt]The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died. [/size]

What a tragic!, A lawless and pathetic country with very unfortunate leaders here and there we find ourselves
O God come to our aid

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by tunji1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thank God for your life that you are alive to tell the story.Others are not so lucky.Search for @policecru or anatomy shogunle on Twitter to report your case.It is well with you
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
This is why Criminals are still on the streets.. they acquire uniform all in the name of POLICE ... If it were us tho we will go back to that area with soilders scatter the Stations

Police Sucks!! If your father na police better tell him to change the job.. Everybody Hates him

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Collins0609(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
You are lucky cos d dead tall no tales
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by pweetixandy: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
ithink7:
My name is Akin. It was Friday 18th Nov 2016. As an IT Consultant, I had to go to Computer Village in search of some IT stuff. After I sent the device to my client via GAT, I stopped over at my friend's office; mma2.

When time came to go home, we drove through Oshodi-Mushin going to Surulere. We just drove past a popular puff-puff place in Mushin when my friend said we could buy some because we were hungry. I said it's not safe to park by the main road, maybe we could enter the Total filling station but there was traffic gridlock as some danfo buses were driving against the confused traffic. I decided to make a right turn by that Total filling station in Mushin maybe we could get a parking space off the road. On coming into another gridlock, we decided to make a U turn.

We almost finished turning, the time should be between 7:30pm and 8:00pm, when two mobile police officers came out of nowhere. Something like RRS boldly written on their black top. One came to my side (driver side) shouting move! move!! pointing his gun at me. I bent my head away from the gun signaling with my hand up in the air that we are trying to make a U turn. Before I could say jack, the man shot right at me in close range. The officer looks drunk. I noticed he took like one step backward and aimed his gun properly at me. He made some kind of “hiss” sound with anger, expressing something like “I will kill this one”. The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.
All I heard was a loud bang, my left ear deafened and a cold feeling on my left shoulder like blood flow.

I scampered like a terrified rat, climbing every obstacle just to get away from this danger. I noticed the officer stood still with the gun pointing downward and his partner on the passenger side looking in awe after the shot. He seem to express a feeling of “I don kill somebody oh”. Everything happened so fast. I kept driving forward so that we could get to a safe place ASAP. A boy on a bicycle followed us and kept asking “Bros what happened? Are you injured? What did you do to him? There is blood on your shoulder. But I was too terrified to wait. When we got to Bode Thomas, I packed close to Delta kitchen, came out to evaluate the damage. It was then that I realized it was a gun shot.

I went home, parked the car then went straight to Bode Thomas police station. After narrating my story to the officers on duty, they asked me to go report at Mushin police station. I told them I am scared of going back to that area. Up till this moment, the panic of that terrible experience still persist as I am afraid of going out.

Because of the bleeding, I had to go for medical examination to ascertain if it was life threatening. From Jalupon to Randle then transferred to LUTH emergency. I ended up sitting outside in the cold and mosquito from around 10:00pm till 8:00am the following morning. Though the doctors display passion with their job, it seems to be written all over their faces that they are choking of resources and they kept shouting there is no bed to attend to anyone.

The police brought a lady in the morning, her two legs chopped off with a cutlass after a container fell on her legs. It took up to 15 minutes to bring out a bed to lift her from the police vehicle. A doctor I spoke with said they had to go take a bed from the maternity ward. They could not attend to any of us that came on emergency all through the night. Until around 30 minutes later when I left, she was left on the bed. No drip, no first aid, no nothing. She kept begging, “please don’t let me die” They were asking who will pay for her and she kept telling them to take her phone from her bag and call her people, that they will pay. On Sunday, I read in the news the lady died.

Reading the body language of the doctors and the way events were unfolding, I had to go to another hospital where I was eventually treated. The x-ray result showed many tiny opaque objects under the skin. They were able to remove some of the metal and glass object.

Now I am back home thanking God I came back alive. Do I want this issue to die down? I don't think so.

I am using this opportunity to call on the Federal government, the Lagos State government, the IG of Police, the commissioner of police, the DPO in command Mushin area and all stake holders to plead my cause and fish out the perpetrator of this evil attempt on an innocent life. I am crying for justice on behalf of myself and other Nigerians that experience police brutality each day.

I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

I am also calling on the Federal government and the IG of Police to put in place appropriate mechanism to forestall recurrence of this sought of act by our men in uniform. Many Nigerians lose their life each day to indiscriminate shooting and thirst for blood by some of our officers.
I have attached some pictures with this letter.

Please pass on this message on until it gets to the Inspector General of Police (IDRIS KPOTUN IBRAHIM), the Commissioner of Police Lagos State (Fatai Owoseni) and the President.
send your photos and story to Stella dimoko korkus's blog at SDIMOKOKORKUS@GMAIL.COM. truss me, she will post your story tonight. Just 2weeks ago, a girls bro and his friends were jailed for no reason, when she posted the story on her blog, they were released same day. so sorry about what happened to you. hope you don't suffer PTSD

6 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by LaExpert: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
7Alexander:
I'm sorry about this bro.
But I think your pictorial evidence and your statement doesn't fit.
You said he came to the drivers side asking you to move, tnen pointing a gun at you which he later shot at you from close range.
But from the pictures I'm seeing shows bullet hole at the right back seat. Again, the injury you sustained is on your left shoulder, which shouldn't be , considering the position of the bullet hole on the headrest and the supposed position of your shoulder.
I really don't understand and I'm surprised nobody pointed this out

You probably did not pay enough attention to the story.

The bullet came in through the driver's window (which was shattered), brushed on the driver's seat and out it goes through the right hand side of the backseat window/door.

From the source again;
ithink7:

The bullet shattered my driver side glass, brush the top side of my seat close to the head rest, and went through the rear right passenger door, leaving a bullet hole and shattering the glass.

8 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
in this country , you are on your own.....the government don't give a Bleep about the citizens ....i pity those that stay under the sun voting for these self centered politicians.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by SycophanticGoat: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
I think it's better for a man to be accosted by armed robbers than NPF in some situations because the armed robbers after taking what they want will spare your life. Can't say the same of those demon NPF.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Imagine the Police station in Bode thomas he went to make a report asking him to go to Mushin Police station to make a report so they can lock him up.. Nigeria needs serious prayer..

3 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by SlimmB(m): 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
Captainbells:
I would have said Sue the Nigerian police but Nigeria is a lawless country so that won't get you anywhere
wetting 9ja do this damsel am suspecting ya
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Daboomb: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
7Alexander:
I'm sorry about this bro.
But I think your pictorial evidence and your statement doesn't fit.
You said he came to the drivers side asking you to move, tnen pointing a gun at you which he later shot at you from close range.
But from the pictures I'm seeing shows bullet hole at the right back seat. Again, the injury you sustained is on your left shoulder, which shouldn't be , considering the position of the bullet hole on the headrest and the supposed position of your shoulder.
I really don't understand and I'm surprised nobody pointed this out

With due respect Sir, you are missing the point!

I will attribute your problem to what is called in Physics/Optic, "Lateral Inversion".
It occurs when you look at things through a mirror or through the lens of a Camera and the IMAGE (what you are seeing) is said to be "Laterally Inverted"!

Look at the picture properly again:
You will see that since we drive on the left, the Steering is on the left side, he will be shot on the left shoulder (since he is facing the front windscreen).
The Bullet, which will pierce/graze his shoulder at his backside (he was leaning forward a bit, to protect his head while the Police killer is shooting from an angle/line of sight that is going from front-to-back) will go into his chair (as shown) and exit on the back right door (straight line).

So, the guy is right, you are the one who is getting confused.

I am happy for the Op! May God continue to protect you.

These Police men are just animals, and they get drunk while on duty, brandishing an AK47 Assault Rifle! shocked shocked

How do you allow a drunken illiterate to hold a weapon in Public?
When will our Police I.G ban Police from drinking while on duty?
How many people need to be murdered in cold blood, before these animals in Uniform are taken off the streets?

It should be an automatic sack, if a Policeman is breathalysed while on duty and found to be DRUNK.

9 Likes

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by DriveByKiller: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
Nigeria police is actually composed of the worst calibre of citizens in Nigeria. Many are innate criminals too scared to partake in career armed robbery so they hide behind their uniforms using our collective consent to rob and kill.

The orientation course/programme for police men and officers is also archaic and unsuitable in a modern world. The Nigerian police still believe, at an institutional level, they are not answerable to civilians.

It is up to Nigerians to claim their security from this uniformed thugs!

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by akanji1: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
please send complain to Policecru.ng

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Smooyis(m): 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
And many of us still think the make up of the federal police is better as it is, and see no reason for a radical change.

I know the OP will understand better. Nigeria, Lagos and all states need their own police. At worst divide Nigeria into six regions, and allow them have their own autonomous policing.

#teaminsupportofstatepolice#
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by bastien: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Bros u are very lucky, all thanks to great Yahweh.

Firstly, I see no reason why all the police should be carrying guns, not just guns but AK47. That was how one police at Cele bustop was pointing his gun to okoda man, I was standing close, and I heard him say, I will just shot and waste u! Immediately I felt cold in me, tears came down from my eyes, why.? But why I ask? What the purpose of carrying guns when u are at the bustop? You have your armor car parked few miles away from your standing other, why not keep ur arms in there and go out with batons?

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by oladipo322(m): 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
bro.... u are just more than lucky and this cause for thanksgiving in the church
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Daboomb: 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
RicardozRichard:
This is why Criminals are still on the streets.. they acquire uniform all in the name of POLICE ... If it were us tho we will go back to that area with soilders scatter the Stations

Police Sucks!! If your father na police better tell him to change the job.. Everybody Hates him

Yay! That is how we roll.
They will runaway and abandon their armoury.

It is basically thieves and armed robbers that get enlisted in the Police Force nowadays!
undecided undecided
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by yetseyi(f): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Thank God for sparing your life, just thank God.

I am so vexed now about the two cases, I can't even imagine that lady the container crushed made it alive to the hospital and was even conscious for that amount of time and all they were concerned about who will pay? After they managed to get a bed for her no attempt to treat?

I know Luth doctors are on naira land can someone explain why this is happening, this is the 2nd time I am hearing issues like this.

I know money is pumped into Luth, I still don't understand why that place is like that.

If its for the health workers to fight each other now they will do that effectively.

What is it with our general hospitals?
Why do our health workers lack empathy?

As for the Nigerian police, whenever I see them anywhere I avoid them ooo, Police is never your friend in Nigeria.The way they handle those guns carelessly is even scary.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Irepib(m): 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
This is evil what kind of country is this how could a cop shot someone like this were is all the human right activist justice most set in bookharam in police uniform look at what they did to that lady using cutlass to destroy her leg yet doctor did not attend to her Bro I wish I have money I will get you visa to Germany and I also will leave this nation evil everyday Nigeria is full of evil I hate u Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by gulfer: 7:20pm On Nov 21, 2016
Sorry bros, this was truly a near miss with death.....Na Puff Puff nearly send you and your guy to the other side grin grin
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Jokerman(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
Woe unto all past and present leaders DAT continue to make this great country a taboo to live in....

I say again ... Woe!

1 Like

Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by buffalowings: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
I will also add this word of advice, “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” Prov 14:34.
We cannot continue to shed innocent blood and expect God to exalt our nation. The primary responsibility of any government is security of lives and properties and police is the arm of government whose sole responsibility is to enforce the law and not break it nor plunge the nation into thick darkness of God’s anger by shedding innocent blood.

Op doesn't need to add this

Nigeria is a God forsaken country

I think that you just so happen to escape the claw of death
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Abeyjide: 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
I do not know the adjective to use for nigeria police. was in Lagos at ikorodu at Agric bustop area for my brothers ' wedding trying to get something ready and suddenly came some drunk police in SARS uniform pointing pistol gun at my brother. asking why did you parked here as if we were robbers. funniest thing was that we parked at the right place.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by africanusvu(m): 7:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
'I scampered like a terified rat climbing al obstacles' then u stil noticd d policeman bending down moumuring he av kild sombdy.u stil saw his coleague siting on d pasanger side.and u ar terified runing 4 ur life.Also.why nt giv d particular place this hapend?if u were able to read RRS.U cld as wel wel be able to get dia name.and unit code.this story isnt making sense
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Zdoh(m): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
You are dam to lucky,go and give testimony and cont. With your plain mind towards your neighbours.Those who are suppose to protect life and property turn out to be our enemies.Nigeria police need to be re-orientate.
Re: I And My Friend Were Shot By A Mobile Police At Close Range (with Pictures) by Vince77(m): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
E don tey wey naija police useless abeg.

Just thank God ur life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Moment CCTV Captured A Slay King Stealing An iPhone 6 At A Super Market. / Landlord Beats Up Tenant’s Wife For Turning Down Love Advances / Anambra Girls Arrested For Robbing Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.