Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too (32925 Views)

Profiles Of Sandie Okoro & Arunma Oteh, Nigerians In World Bank Management Team / Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / "Amaechi Tried To Bribe Me" - Inyang Okoro Accuses Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Cooly100: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Ms Sandie Okoro, for her recent appointment as Senior Vice President and General Counsel, World Bank Group.

The President also extended the same felicitations to Ms Nnemkadi Ogwunike on her record breaking achievements in the U.S. Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) League.

The two congratulatory messages were signed by the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa on Monday in Abuja. The President described Okoro’s track record in the banking sector as impressive, which has brought a rekindled hope that “Nigerians in the Diaspora with the right atmosphere, are professionally excellent”. Buhari said that “having followed her excellent track records in making Nigeria proud as a nation, there is no doubt in my mind that the sky is your beginning’’. The president also said Nigeria received the victory of Nnemkadi Ogwunike as the 2016 Most Valuable Player of U.S. WNBA League with utmost pride and deep sense of appreciation to the country. “We were even more excited to learn that you have led your team to clinch the 2016 League Championships, a feat that has been achieved by your team, the Los Angeles Sparks, since 2003. “It is even more befitting and admirable that, as a true African and Nigerian daughter, you have set a remarkable example for your younger Sister, Chiney Ogwunike. “She (Chiney) joined you to make world history in 2014, when selected by the Connecticut Sun as the Number One draft pick achieved by your team, the Los Angeles Sparks, since 2003’’. “The legacy you began in 2012, with your selection by the Los Angeles Sparks, making both of you, the second set of siblings to ever be selected number one in any American Sports. “I am truly proud of both of you, and urge you to continue to extol the virtues and strengthen of Nigerian heritage. Your shinning example serves as inspiration to the youths of Nigeria,” the president added. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/buhari-hails-okoros-world-bank-appointment-ogwumike

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by chiwetaluAGU(m): 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
Igbos doing great things everywhere ... expecting our Eke-nja brothers from hell to infest thread like deranged locusts soonest!

Igboeze ekenee m unu cool cool cool

Lalastic inanaa, over to you
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/buhari-hails-okoros-world-bank-appointment-ogwumike

296 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Elkay3: 7:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Very laudable!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Trying to score cheap political point.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by makdcash(m): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Na so...proudly 5%

Elkay3:
Very laudable!

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by SAHACO(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Proudly 5%

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by hopeforcharles(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Each day I kinda thank God I am an igbo man, I notice something about them igbo boiz they just excel and you keep wondering how do they do it, i wish we will have our own space then you all will truely see what we can do, I bet the world will marvel at our creativeness,

215 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
Great Igbo nation

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Qmerit(m): 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
I ve never heard this name for once I won't lie! I think people who re doing great world wide don't make noise but some of us who can't win as class reps make noise to high heaven... Congrats

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Opharhe: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hehehehe. Baba Buhari is famzing awon 5%.
Nice one there Okoro and Ogwumike.
Igbo peeps are doing very well.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by zero8zero(m): 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
Proudly nyanmiri...
Truth is mine*

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Cooly100: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
hopeforcharles:
Each day I kinda thank God I am an igbo man, I notice something about them igbo boiz they just excel and you keep wondering how do they do it, i wish we will have our own space then you all will truely see what we can do, I bet the world will marvel at our creativeness,

Imagine having, Ngozi Iweala, Ms Okoro, Prof Soludo, Kalu Idika Kalu, and others in Biafra economic team...No multilateral institution will think twice, before granting any loan...

227 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by StevDesmond(m): 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2016
Beauty with brains

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Alariwo2: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:
Igbos doing great things everywhere ... expecting our Eke-nja brothers from hell to infest thread like deranged locusts soonest!

Igboeze ekenee m unu cool cool cool

Lalastic inanaa, over to you

later now, you and your likes will be crying yorubas hate you

una cup go soon full no worry.. it's been long they massacred you lots last

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Cooly100:

Imagine having, Ngozi Iweala, Ms Okoro, Prof Soludo, Kalu Idika Kalu, and others in Biafra economic team...No multilateral institution will think twice, before granting any loan...

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by chiwetaluAGU(m): 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
Alariwo2:

later now, you and your likes will be crying yorubas hate you

una cup go soon full no worry.. it's been long they massacred you lots last
grin cheesy cheesy grin
Na you wan massacre me? Clown ... na to tear you into shreads and feed you to the birds of the air dey hungry you. Large mouthed bass like you grin grin cheesy grin
Una mouth no go kill una grin cheesy l love yorubas though smiley wink wink

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Enemies can only envy, hate, rant trash but they can't stop our progress. Igbos leading...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by SoNature(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
Igbos are indeed blessed. I'm super glad I am one.

Igbo ndi Chukwu goziri agozi, nma nma nnu oo..

Igbos work hard in ways that many other Nigerians consider unthinkable...all hard works will never go unblessed

May God, like He promised in the Bible, bless the work of our hands...

#ProudlyIgbo

#Proudly5%

Congrats to them...soon, the world will hear my name....

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Alariwo2: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Na you wan massacre me? Clown ... na to tear you into shreads and feed you to the birds of the air dey hungry you. Large mouthed bass like you grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Alariwo2: 8:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:

grin cheesy cheesy grin

I don't think you understand how painful it is to give people peace of mind and allow them free movement for business around you. . yet the same people will still come back and call you lazy, unloving etc. to your face

yorubas will say.. eni ti a n se lore ti o dupe da bi olosha ko ni leru lo ni
it simply means you guys are not different from thieves... That's what the average yoruba man sees you as when you rant in case you don't know

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by hopeforcharles(m): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2016
Cooly100:

Men this combo will rule the world economically,
These are gurus. We are truly blessed.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by EmeeNaka: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
igbos hold world bank.
Haters will soon come after me but I am not afraid.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Ragnnar: 8:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
good one
Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by chiwetaluAGU(m): 8:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
Alariwo2:

I don't think you understand how painful it is to give people peace of mind and allow them free movement for business around you. . yet the same people will still come back and call you lazy, unloving etc. to your face

it simply means you guys are not different from thieves... That's what the average yoruba man sees you as when you rant in case you don't know
Get it into your thick skull ... there is nothing like yoruba or hausa or ibo once money spinning business is on the table or there is lots of fun to be caught. Idleness breeds tribalism ... i say this cause i run things smoothly with yorubas. We argue, quarrel, fight, drink, fvck, cruise and do everything together in real life but get funny on anonymous forums like this. I will advice you stop being too emotional or serious here for your mental health sake. Sorry if you took my first post too serious. Big boys only play. Be a big boy today grin cheesy grin

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Masterclass32: 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
Flattties doing great things back to back.
Congrats jare. Jisienu ike.
A proud flattie right here.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Alariwo2: 8:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
chiwetaluAGU:

Get it into your thick skull ... there is nothing like yoruba or hausa or ibo once money spinning business is on the table or there is lots of fun to be caught. Idleness breeds tribalism ... i say this cause i run things smoothly with yorubas. We argue, quarrel, fight, drink, fvck, cruise and do everything together in real life but get funny on anonymous forums like this. I will advice you stop being too emotional or serious here for your mental health sake. Sorry if you took my first post too serious. Big boys only play. Be a big boy today grin cheesy grin

na 'bad' level you still dey.. we don pass 'baddoo' level, na 'baddest' level me dey cruise now

it's your people that are emotional.. if I fire you, you fire me, it ends there and everyone goes back to being happy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by freeze001(f): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
Cooly100:

Such people will not be piloting our affairs towards loans...They would be able to revive n engage d economy for robust productivity. In the event of a loan however, u can go to sleep with both eyes shut.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by chiwetaluAGU(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
Alariwo2:

na 'bad' level you still dey.. we don pass 'baddoo' level, na 'baddest' level me dey cruise now

it's your people that are emotional.. if I fire you, you fire me, it ends there and everyone goes back to being happy
One love brother .. nothing do you. Life is way much better and sweeter spent loving than throwing weak punches in the dark. Its all fun to me. Call me flatty anytime here, but dont try it in real life cause there will be consequences grin cheesy

Errrrm ... permit me to call you afonja for a parting friendly shake wink grin grin

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by freeze001(f): 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Alariwo2:

Excuse me?! Whom did u give peace of mind and freedom for business? Do they live for free? No be one Nigeria we dey? The constitution already guarantees that so u didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Are they supposed to kneel down for all Yorubas and hand over the keys to their businesses and homes because u might be too lazy to secure same?

Besides can u quantify the contribution of the Igbo to any place they have settled to do business and reside? There are criminal elements everywhere including among ur own people so just drop that disgusting sense of entitlement. Not different from thieves? You are d meddlesome interloper seeking to reap from where you did not sow!

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by stinggy(m): 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
Congrats pretty woman cool
Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by Godprotectigbos(f): 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
igbo WOMEN to much

IGBO women first and other women fellow

SUCCESS IS IN THEIR BLOOD

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Hails Okoro’s World Bank Appointment, Ogwumike Too by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Congrats to the two recipients, more success!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monkeypox; Chaos In Maiduguri As Students Flee School Over Vaccination. Photos / Obasanjo ,His Wife Bola Obasanjo, Amosun At 2016 Ibogun Olaogun Day Today (Pics) / Tinubu: I Can’t Wrestle With Pigs, We Will Beat Them Silly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.