Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings (426 Views)

How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings / 4 Tips For Raising Your Search Engine Rankings / 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings by Sphilip1(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
Search engine optimization is very important for all websites. When done properly, it increases free traffic from search engines and brings highly targeted visitors. Unfortunately, well-intentioned webmasters could unknowingly be doing something which may hurt their search engine rankings.

In a study, here are the few things that you shouldn’t do.

1. Repeated Submissions.

If you are waiting to show up in Google, be patient. By repeatedly submitting your website, you may actually negatively affect when you website does show up.

Similarly, if you automatically ping search engines when you submit new content, be sure not to over-ping. Google is not a fan of automated services and can penalize you as a result. Some sites, for example, have found their pages completely dropped from search engine indexes.

2. Post Duplicate Content.

Another easy way to get penalized is to serve duplicate content. Duplicate content is textual content that is on multiple pages of your website, or that is directly copied from some external website.

And believe it or not, you could be serving duplicate content and not be aware of it. If you own a blog, for example, you might have duplicate content shown on permalink pages, archive pages, and the home page.

You can also have a minor duplicate content issue by using inconsistent links. For example, our home page can be reached by (1)http://www., (2)http://www./, and (3)http://www./index.php. It is best to stick with only one of the three. We suggest the second option.

3. Participate In Questionable Link Exchanges.'

It is very tempting to do anything possible to increase traffic and get inbound links. However, not all links are created equal. And, whether or not you are aware of it, linking to questionable or spam websites can actually hurt your search engine ranking. So before you link to someone new, it is important to properly investigate their websites. (As a rule of thumb, don’t link to anyone with a pagerank of 0.)

In conclusion.

If you have little or no knowledge about SEO, I'll advise you take note of these 3 things and you should survive search engine penalties.

To all loyal Nairalanders like me, I'm building followers here. If you're truly interested in TECHNOLOGY, especially the ones that relate to you as a consumer. Kindly follow me and remember my signature.

Thanks.

Cc: velvetblues

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings by Toluwani111: 9:28pm On Nov 21, 2016
OK
Re: 3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings by Toluwani111: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2016
Laughnigeria:
how about if i want to get only the fb members

Thanks for your interest.
I can only sell my 70k group for you.
Re: 3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
Toluwani111:

Thanks for your interest. I can only sell my 70k group for you.
hw much last?
Re: 3 Things That Can Hurt Your Search Engine Rankings by Toluwani111: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
Laughnigeria:
hw much last?
#13k

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can Help To Change My Wordpress Url / One Hosted Account Remaining For Sale / Gurus Please Check My Blog And Criticize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.