Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong (16296 Views)

Dead Or Alive Buhari Makes No Difference - Financial Times / Buhari, Osinbajo, Tinubu, Aregbesola Absent At APC Rally For Ondo 2016 Election / Oshiomhole's Dancing Style At APC Rally Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by agwom(m): 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2016
ABUJA – Plateau State Governor and Chairman, All Progressives Congress, APC campaign Committee for Ondo State Governorship election, Mr. Simon Lalong has stated that victory was sure for his party in the Saturday election even without the participation of most national leaders of the party at the grand finale.

He stated the absence of the National leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and others at the rally attended by President Muhammadu Buhari didn’t matter to the party.

Though, he acknowledged that their absence was on health ground and that they apologized, Lalong however said that the President’s presence was a great booster. Lalong’s remarks came on a day the governor of Ondo State, Olusegun Mimiko denied any affinity with the APC. Both men spoke to State House Correspondents after meeting separately with President Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Monday. Lalong: “We have finished our campaign. You saw what happened at the grand finale. We are not in doubt that APC will win the election in Ondo.

“It is other parties that are scared of the APC and not APC being scared of other parties. “We have come to thank the President for going to Ondo for the grand finale rally.” ​​ Asked to comment on the absence of Tinubu and some South West governors at the Saturday rally, the governor said “That was not a problem. We explained their absence. They sent in their apologies. You heard what happened there. As far as we are concerned, the President who is the leader of the party was at the rally. The national chairman was also there. As far as we are concerned, everybody was there.

“To the party, their absence did not make any difference. If a leader was not there and he has said he was not there because of ill-health, we have prayed that God will heal him.” Similarly, governor Mimiko said that his mission to the villa was to brief the president on the security situation in his state. He refused that he had in the recent time frequented the Villa.

“What is frequent? This is my second visit to the villa since this crisis in our party started. Like I said, as the chief security officer of my state, if there is any credible threat to security, I owe the responsibility to Nigerians to apprise Mr. President of what is going on in the state.

“Mr president was in my state to campaign for his party. I extended to him the courtesies of receiving him at the airport and seeing him off as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, not as APC.

“I understand that people have speculated that this means I am going to APC. There is nothing of such. I only extended him normal courtesies that protocols demand. As a governor and security of the state, if the president is visiting, no matter the party he belongs, it is only appropriate for me to extend the courtesies to him. That was what I did in Akure. “And I have also come to brief him about the security situation in my state”, he said.

On the PDP crisis, Mimiko said “I am just concentrating on the case of my party in court”, stressing that the whole state would be happy if his candidate, Mr. Eyitoya Jegede eventually wins the election. “The whole of Ondo State will erupt in joy and it will be so self-evident”, Mimiko said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondotinibus-absence-apc-rally-make-no-difference-lalong/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by SEMO007(m): 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
Kkk..,sickness ...all of them at thesame time..
Naija politicians and lies...

Meanwhile FTC.....haha..
Dedicated to my neighbor Ejike aka ifesco
And to all SEMO believers...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by eezeribe(m): 5:46am On Nov 22, 2016
OK
Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by moshmusth(m): 7:16am On Nov 22, 2016
You all hide under sickness, when the sickness come knocking all of you would be running up and down to Alfa, Pastor and Babalawo for cure..... Hit the nail on the end all fo you are running away from the obvious

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by andersonbaba(f): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2016
like seriously...we all know the overriding influence of Tinubu in any political party...the height of it is that he has always been a successful opposition

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by greatiyk4u(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2016
APC is a party where everybody is somebody an . Nobody is special

BAT be warned

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Nukualofa: 8:10am On Nov 22, 2016
How come Tinubu fell sick when Buhari came to his region?

Tinubu Slaves Association TSA. Come and defend your master

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Angelb4: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2016
We shall know by next week.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by SurePresident: 8:22am On Nov 22, 2016
angry
Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by islandmoon: 8:23am On Nov 22, 2016
everybody know this one is a drunk,

his nick names are , One Tenure ( they believe he wont be ruling then for the second time, 33 Larger Beer( because of his 3 , 3 marks and the fact that he love 33 larger beer so much) the last time i visited Jos, hahaha, that guys is no different to buhari.

1.One Tenure

2.33 larger

3.one chance

if you enter any bar in Jos and you holla at the bar man, give me one Lalong, the bar man will come with a bottle of 33 Larger beer.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by zorgera: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2016
I really see no big deal in it if he has a reasonable reason for not being there
Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by mascot87(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2016
So this goat too fit talk. Rubbish

I no blame am, na Tinubu wey align with cows that i blame

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by drsugar: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Oke will win ondo elections. #MyProphesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by sotall(m): 8:25am On Nov 22, 2016
k
Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by BrutalJab: 8:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Lalung, do you mean Tinubu is now inconsequential in the scheme of things

Chai grin

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Danpotter(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Good, bola is nothing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Jokerman(m): 8:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Let me dance the macabre dance with Lootnubu... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Alariwo2: 8:27am On Nov 22, 2016
E go shock una.. with that useless betrayer oyegun
shameless man his own state APC governor doesn't regard one bit.

yorubas don't have short memory and we don't forget.

11 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by mengho(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2016
Betraying ur friends isn't a very gud idea, you fefol where together b4 d presidential election & now suddenly tinubu is no longer needed or relevant. Be careful woh, traitors never win in d end

6 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Godprotectigbos(f): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by DWJOBScom(m): 8:28am On Nov 22, 2016
and it's starts...............
of course the vocal party has it going
it's one thing to start a company and it's another to keep it together

kpele Tinibu the jagaban of the ofe nmanus

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by bangging(m): 8:29am On Nov 22, 2016
agwom:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondotinibus-absence-apc-rally-make-no-difference-lalong/
he is a monster creator, he created this monster that is killing us with hunger today... Asiwaju chaiiiiii...

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Jeromegwer: 8:29am On Nov 22, 2016
mascot87:
So this goat too fit talk. Rubbish

I no blame am, na Tinubu wey align with cows that i blame
u are the biggest goat,i pity u lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by felix000000(m): 8:33am On Nov 22, 2016
Olusola oke will win ondo gov election come 26-11-2016.

10 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by shaddoww: 8:34am On Nov 22, 2016
If his absence isn't important, why den do dey still talk about him dis much? They better focus on their runaway candidate.

5 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Thisis2raw(m): 8:35am On Nov 22, 2016
Wait soon you would soon know the difference

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by islandmoon: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2016
APC is now Hausa Party, AD is the main Yoruba party

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Gten(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2016
whoever came up with the word "karma" had Tinubu in mind. Just hope after this experience there would be a change of attitude to the most unreliable region in the world. Peace out.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by humbleself242(m): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2016
agwom:

Those that have tribal mark no get sense...Tinubu is ur great grand father

4 Likes

Re: Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:40am On Nov 22, 2016
Ok. It is noted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

#ondodecides: Mimiko Congratulates Akeredolu / ‘Sacked’ Osinbajo’s Aides Not In Humanitarian Ministry / Why Is No One Talking About Sowore And Other Young Presidential Aspirants?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.