Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam (8892 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Reacts After Being Accused Of Having Over $1 Million. PICS / Shema Shed Tears After EFCC Re-Arrest / EFCC Re-freezes Governor Fayose's Zenith Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:03am On Nov 22, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, yesterday, dragged the Chairman of Atlantic Energy Brass Development Limited and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Limited, Jide Omokore, before Justice Nnamdi Dimgba, over alleged criminal diversion of over $1.6 billion belonging to the Federal Government under the guise of oil swap.

According to court papers, Mr. Omokore and the others claimed they had the expertise and the wherewithal to procure crude oil from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and process same and deliver the monetary equivalent of 5,652,227 barrels of crude oil to them by the corporation.

However, the prosecution is set to prove to the defendants that they intentionally defrauded the government by taking the crude and not delivering the money or the crude back to the government.

Omokore was arraigned along with Victor Briggs, Abiye Membere, David Mbanefo, Atlantic Energy Brass Development Limited and Atlantic Energy Drilling Concepts Limited.

They were re-arraigned on a nine-count amended charge of criminal diversion of about $1.6 billion alleged to be proceeds of petroleum products belonging to the Federal Government.

They pleaded “not guilty” when the charges were read to them.

In view of their plea, prosecuting counsel, Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), urged the court to fix a date for the commencement of trial, and to allow the defendants to enjoy the bail earlier granted them by Justice Binta Nyako.

Counsel to the defendants did not object to the request of Jacobs, urging the court to accede to his request.

Justice Dimgba, thereafter, fixed December 8 for hearing in the case, adding, “I, hereby, adopt the bail terms as mine.”

It would be recalled that Omokore and his co-defendants were first arraigned before Justice Nyako, on July 4, but the case file was afterwards transferred to Justice Dimgba by the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

Count one reads: “That you Olajide Jones Omokore, Atlantic Energy Brass Development Ltd, Atlantic Energy Drilling Concept Ltd and Kolawole Akanni Aluko (now at large) between May and October 2013, within the jurisdiction of this court, by false pretence and with intent to defraud, induced the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, and the Federal Government of Nigeria to deliver to you 5,652,227 barrels of crude oil (Brass blend) amounting to the sum of US$616,013,615.27 through the medium of contract, which delivery was induced by the false pretence.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/alleged-1-6bn-oil-scam-efcc-re-arraigns-diezanis-ally-omokore-3-others/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Atiku2019: 5:06am On Nov 22, 2016
Media Stories, No Poitical Will cry cry

Atiku2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by ichommy(m): 5:10am On Nov 22, 2016
EFCC arranging everyday, Billions mentioned and some cash recovered. Still Mr President want to arrange for Loan.

They should arrange Clothes too.

Very disheartened. Nigeria politics, Bird of same feather.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by baybeeboi: 5:10am On Nov 22, 2016
Funny enough, even after collecting all the trillions Nigeria will still be as broke as a dead cat.

Mallam Muhammadu Buhari is the president of Nigerian. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by baybeeboi: 5:12am On Nov 22, 2016
ichommy:
EFCC arranging everyday, Billions mentioned and some cash recovered. Still Mr President want to arrange for Loan.

They should arrange Clothes too.

Very disheartened. Nigeria politics, Bird of same feather.

Oga oo

Wetin dem d arrange na? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by ichommy(m): 5:15am On Nov 22, 2016
Atiku2019:
Media Stories, No Poitical Will cry cry

Atiku2019

Atiku Ko, Atiku Lace ni.
Una don start bah?
How much den pay U?

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Atiku2019: 5:19am On Nov 22, 2016
ichommy:

Atiku Ko, Atiku Lace ni.
Una don start bah?
How much den pay U?

Pay ke? Even a day old baby knows Buhari is incompetent cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by HtwoOw: 5:22am On Nov 22, 2016
Lol one monkey is campaigning for Atiku

Not because he believes in Atiku but because he was paid to spam nairaland

Mr Atiku tell us what you've done for the common people since 2008

Why you deserve to be president

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by madridguy(m): 5:24am On Nov 22, 2016
Noted.
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by ichommy(m): 5:26am On Nov 22, 2016
baybeeboi:

Oga oo

Wetin dem d arrange na? grin grin grin

How many corruption Politicians U don see for prison?

U go later see Court Grant Bail with 2 surety.

The suspect and Judges in charge dey same Mumu Club70 werey Club. Then go see for meeting nah.

I blame all the yeye protesters sha, but they paid them.

China sweet eh, take Yuan in office and Die #Lobatan.

(In China) While will i have to Murder before I enter Government office, Must i serve my county when i know that nah Iku ( Death ) sure pass if i Steal.

Nigeria Politics is like Project Fame, it won't end.

Make i stop here abegi.

China executes corrupt Hangzhou and
Suzhou officials

China has executed two officials from
eastern cities after convicting them of
corruption.
Xu Maiyong, a former vice-mayor of
Hangzhou, and Jiang Renjie, who was vice-
mayor of Suzhou, were put to death after
their appeals were rejected.
Officials said Xu and Jiang took almost 300m
yuan ($46m; £29m) by embezzling and
taking bribes.
Corruption is one of the main causes of
public discontent in China. Hundreds of
officials are convicted every year.
But only a handful are executed, and it is
extremely rare for two officials to be put to
death on the same day.
Xu was said to be well known for his
extravagant lifestyle - reports said
investigators found gold bullion and
expensive jewellery at his home.
State-run Xinhua news agency reported that
he used his power to interfere with project
contracts and to help companies and people
obtain land, promotions and tax breaks.
The 52-year-old was sentenced to death in
May for taking almost 200m yuan in bribes
and embezzled funds.
Jiang, 62, was given the death penalty in
2008 for taking more than 100m yuan in
bribes.
The two cases are not linked, but both men
were earlier reported to be members of the
Communist Party.
Earlier this year, President Hu Jintao focused
on corruption during his main speech to
celebrate 90 years since the party was
founded.
He warned that corruption could cost the
party the support of the people.
Several high-profile officials have been
executed in recent years - including
Shanghai's former party boss, and a former
head of the country's main nuclear firm.

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by baybeeboi: 5:32am On Nov 22, 2016
ichommy:

How many corruption Politicians U don see for prison?

U go later see Court Grant Bail with 2 surety.

The suspect and Judges in charge dey same Mumu Club70 werey Club. Then go see for meeting nah.

I blame all the yeye protesters sha, but the paid them.

China sweet eh, take Yuan in office and Die #Lobatan.

(In China) While will i have to Murder before I enter Government office, Must i serve my county when i know that nah Iku ( Death ) sure pass if i Steal.

Nigeria Politics is like Project Fame, it won't end.

Make i stop here abegi.

Bros, understanding you is thw most difficult assignment i ever embarked on.

Are you a Kanuri?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Godfullsam(m): 6:13am On Nov 22, 2016
Until capital punishment is imposed on corrupt public office holders, i will not take this fight against corruption serious.
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by ichommy(m): 6:19am On Nov 22, 2016
baybeeboi:

Are you a Kanuri?
No, Nupe. grin
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:52am On Nov 22, 2016
Another alleged billions in dollars, at the end the case will die down and we'll hear nothing again. What I hate about EFCC and the police is the never do thorough investigation b4 dragging anyone to court...so annoying
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Paperwhite(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2016
Another sensational event to perpetually keep the Nigerian masses from their self induced hardship. undecided .Bleep them all.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by prince985(m): 7:10am On Nov 22, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Another alleged billions in dollars, at the end the case will die down and we'll hear nothing again. What I hate about EFCC and the police is the never do thorough investigation b4 dragging anyone to court...so annoying
hi
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:13am On Nov 22, 2016
Paperwhite:
Another sensational event to perpetually keep the Nigerian masses from their self induced hardship. undecided .Bleep them all.
Do you think Z-people see it that way, to them buhari is on the right track..

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Nairadean(m): 10:17am On Nov 22, 2016
ok
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Nairadean(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2016
and the case will again die down by 2017
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Nairadean(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2016
and the case will again be swept under carpet by 2017
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2016
the sooner the fed govt led efcc realizes that social media propaganda can't return looted funds the better for us as a nation.
I look forward to 2019 were we can decide who will correct this menace PMB has brought upon Nigerians. I bet it will start from the party primaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by ShitHead(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2016
APC = Arraign Peoples Congress.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by lonelydora: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2016
EFCC is just busy doing nothing. They should throw people in jail before i start taking them serious.
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2016
grin
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by masseratti: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2016
And deziani is still in a hospital battling cancer after a year amd half in UK, immediately after election, smh make una continue o.
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by emymeeky: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2016
They Will still be released and re-arrested grin

EFCC and INEC and inconclusiveness are like

Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by kings09(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2016
Observing
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by CXLVII: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2016
Can't this woman and Nnamadi Kalu face the firing squad once substantial evidence to prove them guilty is found?

It's taking too long so we can move to the next case
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by VENTY0(f): 10:56am On Nov 22, 2016
baybeeboi:

Are you a Kanuri?
good for you
Re: EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam by awa(m): 10:57am On Nov 22, 2016
Who cares as if that would change the price of garri in the market

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Message To Newly Sworn In Officers Of 9th National Assembly & Legislators / Senate Screens Tanko Mohammed As Chief Justice Of Nigeria Tomorrow / Supporters Hospitalised As Kwara APC Factions Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.