Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) (73835 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enybliss:
why do i have the feeling that this is a distasteful mimicry of lady liberty grin

In the ancient world, long before the statue of liberty was constructed there was the colossus of Rhodes that also held a freedom torch.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Mockinbird: 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
YourNemesis:

LOL.... Osun in general, and ile-Ife in particular is the Jerusalem and Mecca of the Yorubas and the Yoruba diaspora.
It is our cultural focal point okay... If you want to see industries in Yorubaland, Go to Oluyole, Shagamu, Agbara, Otta, Ikeja, Yaba, Ikorodu, Papalanto, Ibeshe, Obajana, Ibafo, Igbesa, Ajao/Ishaga.... And numerous others too many to mention here.. You go see enough industries.. Your eyes go drop.

..... Even so, Ilesha, and Ife-Ibadan expressway axis alone still has more cottage and mid size industrial ventures than the cave you call home.
Cave is an improvement; The Igbo ugu hawkin isrealites live ina godforsaken landlocked red-muded gully-eroded sh!t hole.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by doll912(f): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
T
jeeqaa7:
Moremi hall @ oau.... That hostel gave me 3 babes from 1 room ... Heheheheh

You must have lived in quarters ( staff quarters) and had a car or you musta been a G boy.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by alBHAGDADI: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
LorDBolton:
Smh copycat of statue of liberty...
Actually, it is not a copycat. They both represent the same demonic spirit called ISIS, Semiramis, Ishtar or Queen of heaven.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by opius: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
bangging:
pls mr, the only issues of the day I kw is nigerian economy not a statue...eat the statue nah...sufrin and smiling

U understand just little or noting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
Flying into ife, we be like welcome to the United States of Ife

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Chukazu: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

People never go toursim for Calabar wey get better tourist sites na to enter flight come see this one statue inside a village?

Ogbeni, oyibo no dey dat mumu. Abi u think they dnt have beta statues for oyiboland?

I don't think America had provided jobs for everyone of its citizens before erecting the famous statue of Liberty, or France lifting everyone from poverty before commissioning the Eiffle Tower

..."the poor you will always have amongst you "

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by mapet: 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:
How will this provide jobs for the unemployed villagers of Ife?
How will it improve their standard of living and provide affordable and standard education?

Infact, who statue epp?

Some times, I like ppl who ask daft question cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by henrimoto(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

People never go toursim for Calabar wey get better tourist sites na to enter flight come see this one statue inside a village?

Ogbeni, oyibo no dey dat mumu. Abi u think they dnt have beta statues for oyiboland?
Where you dey take know say people (including foreigners) no dey go calabar tourist sites ?

My friend! go out and see things yourself, don't just sit at a place and conclude nonsense.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by mapet: 1:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
thesicilian:

Funnicator: :
How will it improve their standard of living and provide affordable and standard education?

Infact, who statue epp?
One word: Tourism. People troop in to see the statue from all over the word, and these people spend millions of dollars yearly in the process of buying food, staying in hotels, transport, etc. Not to talk of the aspect of exposure to other peoples cultures and ideas, which is a fast track to economic and infrastructural development.

....Not to talk of endorsements from photos, Souvenirs and items(crafts) that will be made and sold by the youths and skilled workers. Documentaries and clips.........more extension to tourism..........Gawd!!!!!!! help out brains out of "recession"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by onomeasike: 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

Apparently, you are a small boy. Ile Ife is to the Yoruba home and in the diaspora what mecca is to the Muslim world.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Enybliss(f): 1:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Aigbofa:

In the ancient world, long before the statue of liberty was constructed there was the colossus of Rhodes that also held a freedom torch.
so you're saying lady liberty is also a mimicry of your ancient statue
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by AKYEMITE(m): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
It is a shame to our land given comments of some people here on this wonderful step by the king. indeed people deserve the kind of leader they have. so pathetic that our youths have lost it all, no regards for our traditions and culture. I just hope some of our universities with toe the line of great ife (for learning and culture). Good one our king, more power to your elbow.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
YourNemesis:

LOL.... Osun in general, and ile-Ife in particular is the Jerusalem and Mecca of the Yorubas and the Yoruba diaspora.
It is our cultural focal point okay... If you want to see industries in Yorubaland, Go to Oluyole, Shagamu, Agbara, Otta, Ikeja, Yaba, Ikorodu, Papalanto, Ibeshe, Obajana, Ibafo, Igbesa, Ajao/Ishaga.... And numerous others too many to mention here.. You go see enough industries.. Your eyes go drop.

..... Even so, Ilesha, and Ife-Ibadan expressway axis alone still has more cottage and mid size industrial ventures than the cave you call home.

Ahem which industries are you talking about.

A brewery in ilesa and an iron slag factory in ife

Tell me more

Nonsense

I know you're lying
But continue
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by SaffronSpice: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
Those of us calling it a ripoff of the Statue of Liberty need to pause for a while and think about the iconography of the torch-bearing raised hands of both Statues.

I believe an art expert will know what it means.
Let's not sprain our ankles by jumping into conclusion too soonwink.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enybliss:
so you're saying lady liberty is also a mimicry of your ancient statue

You can interpret it whichever way you want. Mimicry, copy, inspiration......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Kobeje(m): 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
buffalowings:
Meanwhile, the only road that runs through it is riddled with potholes

If you talk dem go say na federal road

When last did you visit the place?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kobeje:

When last did you visit the place?

July

Will go there again this december

Unless I see with my own eyes
I don't believe anything I read here.
Too much propaganda

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by thunderbabs: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Difference btw New York and Ile-ife.... shocked
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
THE CONCEPT

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by thunderbabs: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
Moremi in ile-ife,Natashami in New york grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by YourNemesis: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
buffalowings:

Ahem which industries are you talking about.

A brewery in ilesa and an iron slag factory in ife

Tell me more

Nonsense

Hahahaha... More jealous nitwits.
They are all writhing and squirming in pain.
Awon E.P

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by obua: 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funnicator:

Infact, who statue epp?
cant you help somebody yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by bangging(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
opius:

U understand just little or noting
oh, statue is somfin and Nigeria economy is noting? Anyway, there is no need for me to tell u that u don't hv a common sense coz no sense in common... So u don't even hv any... Park well mr...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by gbishman: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
This Ooni is a very wise and smart King. By doing this he is simply bringing Ife to the lamb light to attract tourist and investors to his dormain

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
YourNemesis:

Hahahaha... More jealous nitwits.
They are all writhing and squirming in pain.
Awon E.P

You call me a nitwit.

It will interest you I'm from ife

So stop spewing nonsense.

Counter my accusation instead of resorting to name calling
Apart from that iron slag factory and oau tell me the other industries you were manufacturing out of thin air in ife

And then there is that ife ibadan expressway, a virtual death trap

And somehow it's a statue we need
It's like our leaders need to be taught the usefulness of drawing up the scale of preference

I just hope this monarch is different from the one that passed away.
And it is not looking good at the moment

Fucking bulcrap

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by YourNemesis: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
buffalowings:

You call me a nitwit.

It will interest you I'm from ife

So stop spewing nonsense.

Counter my accusation instead of resorting to name calling
Apart from that iron slag factory and oau tell me the other industries you were manufacturing out of thin air in ife

And then there is that ife ibadan expressway, a virtual death trap

And somehow it's a statue we need
It's like our leaders need to be taught the usefulness of drawing up the scale of preference

I just hope this monarch is different from the one that passed away
Fucking bulcrap

Have you petitioned the FG to release funds for the repair and expansion of the road?
Let's start from there.

The Ooni is doing his bit abeg.... some other monarchs are sitting on their asses doing nothing, and you are not even appreciating the statue.
Who YOU EPP?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
YourNemesis:

Have you petitioned the FG to release funds for the repair and expansion of the road?
Let's start from there.

The Ooni is doing his bit abeg.... some other monarchs are sitting on their asses doing nothing, and you are not even appreciating the statue.
Who YOU EPP?

Useless fellow deflecting responsibility

The sultan of sokoto is there and you can't find pothole ridden roads in his domain

We deserve better

That fucking ife ibadan expressway was awarded to that fucking late Ooni
Look at how it is now

I don't trust these guys
I hope I'm wrong with this guy though
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by YourNemesis: 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
buffalowings:

Useless fellow deflecting responsibility

The sultan of sokoto is there and you can't find pothole ridden roads in his domain

We deserve better

That fucking ife ibadan expressway was awarded to that fucking late Ooni
Look at how it is now

I don't trust these guys
I hope I'm wrong with this guy though

Fucking late Ooni?
That's it... You are either not Yoruba, or a very badly trained one.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
I can't be a native son and watch good for nothing fellows spewing nonsense just because they think they are better than a section of the country.
I will say things are they are and I'm not scared of being ridiculed by ipob youths

Ife deserves more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by SirShymexx: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
I don't know why people are spamming Statue of Liberty all over the thread when the idea of the statue was inspired by ancient Nubia monuments and the original statue was a Nubian/black peasant and the statue was originally built for the Suez Canal in Egypt before it found its way to America.

Art always imitate art and the fact that this statue represents a black woman shows it's more original than the current Statue of Liberty cos the original one was a Nubian woman.

Some of fvckers need fresh air - no one wants to read about some fraudulent Statue of Liberty here. This is about Ife.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Unveils "Moremi Ajasoro", The Tallest Statue In Nigeria (PICS) by buffalowings: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
YourNemesis:

Fucking late Ooni?
That's it... You are either not Yoruba, or a very badly trained one.

You see what I'm talking about

Didn't he take the contract

I respect the office of Ooni
But not the person that held it

He ruled for fucking 30 yrs and what do we have to show for it apart from that iron slag factory spewing pollutants

Oba aderemi adesoji will always have a place in my heart

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Baby Names / The "African" Smell? / Mexico Returns Ancient Yoruba Bronze Sculpture To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.