Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Some Bad English Commonly Used By Nigerians And Their Corrections - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Bad English Commonly Used By Nigerians And Their Corrections (510 Views)

Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? / 20 Poisonous Expressions Used By Nigerians; Corrections, Tips And Reasons. / Some Common English Mistakes And Their Corrections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Bad English Commonly Used By Nigerians And Their Corrections by NgDictionary: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2016
Nigerians are expert in bad english, infact we have an A1 in bad Eglish, here are few bad English commonly used by Nigerians and their corrections.. Although we all have our different opinions but i think these can pass, will be delighted if you can add your own correction.

There is hold up There is traffic.
Hungry is catching me I am hungry.
you don't use to hear word you do not listen.
what concern you what is your business.
Do it slow slow Do it gently.
Do it fast fast Do it quickly.
Is that how you used to do? Is that your character? or is that how you behave?
Are you hearing me now? can you hear me now?
I will tell my mummy for you I will report you to my mummy.
Are you hearing the smell? Can you percieve the odour?
I am coming I will be right back.
Mummy have come Mummy is here
Come and be going Its high time you left
i have start to come I am on my way
Move to the extreme end Move to the extreme

Don't spoil the fun, add yours and the correct English
For more bad Naigerian English follow this account (bad naija english) on Nigeriandictionary.com http://nigeriandictionary.com/p/Bad_Nigerian_English

(1) (Reply)

Positive And Negative Impacts Of Note Ban / Uniuyo Supplementary Admission Lists (utme And Direct Entry) For 2016/2017 Check / LAUTECH 2016/2017 UTME/DE 2nd Supplementary Admission List Have Been Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.