Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns (29153 Views)

The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement / NASU Strike Is Wasting Our Lives; NYSC Has Been Put On Hold Due To It / List Of ASUU Demands As Strike Is Suspended Conditionally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by accountbalance: 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
As a week’s nationwide warning strike by university lecturers ends today (Tuesday), the teachers are threatening to go on an indefinite strike if their demands are not met.

Dr. Ifeanyi Abada, the Chairman of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka Chapter of the Academic staff Union of Universities, made this known on Tuesday in Nsukka, Enugu State.

“ASUU was left with no option than to proceed on the one-week warning strike; failure to meet our demands, we will go on an indefinite strike, Abada told the News Agency of
Nigeria.

He said that the chapter complied fully with the warning strike directive.

“The National Executive Committee made efforts to resolve this issue with the government but government remained unyielding.

“The strike compliance in UNN is total, no lectures, no examinations, no departmental and faculty meetings, as members will not participate.

“UNN chapter will not renege on the directive of the national body until government addresses all the issues raised.

“Our monitoring team is moving round; any lecturer found teaching will be sanctioned accordingly,’’ he said.

According to Abada, among the demands of ASUU is that universities be exempted from the Treasury Single Account policy.

He noted that ASUU was also demanding Federal Government implementation of an agreement it entered into with ASUU in 2009.

Meanwhile, academic activities are still paralysed in the university as a result of the warning strike.(NAN)

Source: https://punchng.com/indefinite-strike-imminent-ASUU-chairman-warns/amp/

1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Likei(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oga bubu no go gree, he will crush ASUU like he is crushing the militants who are in turn crushing the economy. Illiterate president.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by accountbalance: 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Likei:
Oga bubu no go gree, he will crush ASUU like he is crushing the militants who are in turn crushing the economy. Illiterate president.

Are the militants really crushing the economy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by talktonase(m): 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Graduation! cry

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by thesicilian: 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
ASUU should go and sit down in one corner. They are only fighting for their pockets, not that they have the improvement of our educational sector at heart. Once you "settle" their leaders now, they call off the strike. This is what has been happening over the years.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Toylove: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
It's a yearly routine.... No big deal in Dat. The painful part is just that all those employers will want to employ someone who is not more than 26 years of age without considering all these useless ASUU strike

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by iykebest1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
My mum thinks am the only one who spends time on the internet. little does she know that all of you exist. lol

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Dongreat(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
After studying abroad, I have said to me self that my children and future generations will never study in Nigeria. A 4 years course abroad is 6years here coupled with endless strike, male kids have to sort financially and females have to open yanśh to graduate. Even if money nor dey I go do anything for my kids to study abroad, after all one Kidney and one Scrotum is enough for me tongue

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by SeunWedsLinda(m): 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
He's saying this because his children are probably attending the best schools abroad.

4 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Otuocha...
This is smelling funny...Let me go and arrange my shop apprentice go beaucoup this season.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Mryemzyvic(m): 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
ASUU,NAIJA God Is Watchin All Of Una on 4D!

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Udmaster(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
I want to f.uck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by ItzHoludex(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
indefinite......ogini
abeg ooo
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by WOCKHARDI(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
My sadness is that only the children of the not-so-rich will suffer. 99% of our oppressors have their children either abroad or in private universities. Weep not child. God is watching.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
Well, for now, it's over...
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Chipappii(m): 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by hayPizzle(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
yo
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Dfinex(f): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
chai na Wao. ...this our educational system don tire person. na to go learn trade sure pass...
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Realdeals(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
Na wao exempted from TSA? Everybody just want to do as they like
According to Abada, among the demands of ASUU is that universities be exempted from the Treasury Single Account policy.

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by shakablaiize(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
warris this??
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by austinereds(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
ASUU and strike. inseparable. students get ready for a Long vacation. this is just not the right time for Demands from ASUU!

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by MATILIANO(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
hmmm
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by oluwamile(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
God will sha help us from this clueless government
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by ayusco85(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Thank God am done with school. ASUU and unijos strikes made me spend 5yrs in the University, on a 4yrs course.

Jah be praised.

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Gee645(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
when will this tussle ever end?, i stayed 6months at home because of insensitive governance and activism.
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by eezeribe(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Every year occurrence
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
Okay....Next?
Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by HumorMe(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
You mean the definite annual vacation is imminent!

2 Likes

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Universities should be exempted from the TSA for looting to continue. ASUU i salute una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by mosefin19(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
make them go sit down 4 one side jare

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by Gee645(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
find goat Bleep na
Udmaster:
I want to f.uck

1 Like

Re: Indefinite Strike Is Imminent, ASUU Chairman Warns by prodiga: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Likei:
ASUU is toothless since buhari sat on the throne,just like nlc and rest.they are all ran by APC sympathizers

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / Covenant University / List Five Pairs Of Confusing Words And Their Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.