Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ (19650 Views)

#NigeriaAt55: Evolution Of Nigerian Fashion Since 1960(photos) / 14-Year-Old Nigerian Fashion Designer Debuts In London & Florida / What Are The Current Nigerian Fashion Trends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2009
~Nike Akinola launched her signature label in 2004 and has been designing and creating unique garments for the last five years. Her work is a subtle and exquisite fusion of Western elegance coupled with flamboyant and elaborate African fabrics. She combines beautiful fabric with creative design and, most importantly, Africa’s art, history and culture.

The beautiful prints and lace are both modern and traditional. They are a true reflection of her native surroundings. When using traditional materials, she brings a sense of warmth, comfort, and harmony into our environment.

She is unrelenting in her desire to bring traditional fabrics to the forefront of fashion, celebrating the excellence in her rich and illustrious culture. We strongly believe that these designs work well in every style imaginable whether traditional or contemporary, lending their own inherent tone, character, and interest. She not only embraces her ancestry but reflects current trends in an ever evolving continent.
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2009
"If you love a twist on the Western and African world then you would love Nike Akinola’s timeless, luxurious and extravagant designs created with a fusion of vibrant African prints and Western elegance. An art major in school, her years of learning how to draw portraits and create sculptures has served as the background to her fashion works evident in her immaculately designed pieces with clean cut lines.

Upon graduation from school, Nike has worked with great designers like Phillipa Lepley, Lindka Cierach and Alice Temperley all of whom have added their sense of style to the fashion world. There is no denying that she has learnt a lot from them. Her Signature label was launched in 2004 and since then Nike has been creating exquisite conservative, yet still elegant designs suitable for the African and Western World.

Although the journey has not been easy, Nike continues to persevere and work hard towards the creation of her Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections which will showcase winter wear with coats and jackets while adding a splash of colour to those grey and cold British evenings.

Even though she lives in London, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, this Lady is Nigerian at Heart and Art and even shows this in her demure cocktail-dresses and sassy choice of prints. Her couture designs are inspired by the classic theme. Nike believes the classics are called classics for a reason and designers should never design based on the latest trend as you will forever be dictated to as a designer.

Like it or Not, Nike Akinola is a name to be reckoned with. Her ability to mastermind creative designs in to looks that are foxy, timeless and ideal for the internationally-minded African woman definitely deserves an accolade."

Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
[size=13pt]~I love this Cocktail Dress!
[/size]
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2009
I love herrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . .

And her designs. . . .only if they were sold internationally.

MC, Check out designs by [b]Deola Sagoe [/b]too wink
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
[size=13pt]~Yeah i've seen some of Deola Sagoe's collection & Designs. .Impressive!

~I just googled Nike's website. . Really lovely pieces. . nikeakinola.com ~There's a link to shop on the website,tho i'm not aware whats the procedure is for you guys in the US. . .

[/size]
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by Sissy3(f): 2:48am On Nov 06, 2009
very creative and beautiful designs. impressive!
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by bluespice(f): 2:50am On Nov 06, 2009
mohawkchic:

[color=#770077][font=Garamond][size=12pt]"If you love a twist on the Western and African world then you would love Nike Akinola’s timeless, luxurious and extravagant designs created with a fusion of vibrant African prints and Western elegance. An art major in school, her years of learning how to draw portraits and create sculptures has served as the background to her fashion works evident in her immaculately designed pieces with clean cut lines.

Upon graduation from school, Nike has worked with great designers like Phillipa Lepley, Lindka Cierach and Alice Temperley all of whom have added their sense of style to the fashion world. There is no denying that she has learnt a lot from them. Her Signature label was launched in 2004 and since then Nike has been creating exquisite conservative, yet still elegant designs suitable for the African and Western World.

Although the journey has not been easy, Nike continues to persevere and work hard towards the creation of her Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter collections which will showcase winter wear with coats and jackets while adding a splash of colour to those grey and cold British evenings.

Even though she lives in London, one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world, this Lady is Nigerian at Heart and Art and even shows this in her demure cocktail-dresses and sassy choice of prints. Her couture designs are inspired by the classic theme. Nike believes the classics are called classics for a reason and designers should never design based on the latest trend as you will forever be dictated to as a designer.

Like it or Not, Nike Akinola is a name to be reckoned with. Her ability to mastermind creative designs in to looks that are foxy, timeless and ideal for the internationally-minded African woman definitely deserves an accolade."

i love this one

ps: muffin see how i quoted only the picture i wanted?
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by chic2pimp(m): 3:26am On Nov 06, 2009
NIKKY BABY U BAD GAN OOOO cool
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by Adamburns: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2011
Yeah, I saw some shows of Nike Akinola. Her designs on the dresses are very cool and also a unique,this is the main reason that i follow her each and every show.
Re: ~ Nigerian Fashion Designer Nike Akinola ~ by kemmeye: 12:17am On Jan 02, 2012
really nice

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely? / Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel / Diamond-studded Handbag Costs $180,000, Has 1,000-year Guarantee :o

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.