Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya (3380 Views)

Meet The Oldest President In Africa Vs Oldest President In America.(Beji/Trump) / Kenya Presidential Election Cancelled By Supreme Court / BREAKING: Hillary Clinton To Beat Donald Trump - Naij (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
All too often I've seen threads degenerate to juvenile nationalistic dee wagging and childish jingoistic posturing. This thread is an attempt to show each specific national advantage vis a vis the rest. We all have feelings but avoid them on this thread! Also avoid those,"my mum told me so it must be the truth!," type bs posts. Provide links for all your assertions-at the very least someone might actually learn something!

Kenya currently has the lowest GDP PPP but is growing rapidly and will reach Naij's in 4 years. Kenya also a very very real international presence way beyond its economic weight. In fact in Africa we're tops in terms of contributing to global good according to the UN.

Just below Japan!

Also our dairy industry outperforms South Africa.

[b]Kenya’s 1 million stockholders keep the largest dairy herd in Africa (larger than South Africa) according to Jimmy Smith, [/b]Director of ILRI. The industry contributes about USD 2 billion to the country’s GDP, according to USAID, considering the sector includes farmers, traders and vendors, collection centres, processors, and retailers.

Kenya’s dairy production sector is characterised by a huge number of small-scale farmers, who make up 70-80% of the total production. The co-operative system contributed significantly to the development of the dairy sector in the country with the emergence of the Kenya Co-operative Creameries
http://www.foodbusinessafrica.com/index.php/resources/industry-features/512-the-dairy-industry-in-kenya

Though this is primarily due to farmers efforts we have much to thank Kibaki and Uhuru.

Can Naij and RSA compare??
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Iblawi1: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Comapre Johannesburg vs Lagos Vs Kenya.

You are in no way better than Ghana, Ivory Coast, Namibia or Angola
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kenya recently overtook South Africa in foreign direct investment projects. WHILE South Africa remains big in terms of capital, Kenya has more ventures. The effects can be seen in places like Rwanda - Where Kenyan Business men have started companies, Some Kenyan Universities starting campuses, etc

The kind of investments South Africa does are shoprite kind of deals. Alot of capital, but not a lot of projects.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-overtakes-SA-as-biggest-investor-in-African-countries/1056-3320944-mxd95q/index.html

Kenya is also ranked first in access to financial services. I mean, in Kenya, you just need a mobile phone Phone to have a virtual mini bank.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-ranked-first-in-access-to-financial-services/1056-3336552-i0ksr6/index.html

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=Iblawi1 post=51269566]Comapre Johannesburg vs Lagos Vs Kenya.

You are in no way better than Ghana, Ivory Coast, Namibia or Angola [/quote

pls try to follows the rules! Ive just seen a link Naij does less than1pct of national milk demand!! ! Am on my phone. Linking is a prob.Mwafrika could you?
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
Muafrika2:
Kenya recently overtook South Africa in foreign direct investment projects. WHILE South Africa remains big in terms of capital, Kenya has more ventures. The effects can be seen in places like Rwanda - Where Kenyan Business men have started companies, Some Kenyan Universities starting campuses, etc

The kind of investments South Africa does are shoprite kind of deals. Alot of capital, but not a lot of projects.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-overtakes-SA-as-biggest-investor-in-African-countries/1056-3320944-mxd95q/index.html

Kenya is also ranked first in access to financial services. I mean, in Kenya, you just need a mobile phone Phone to have a virtual mini bank.

http://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-ranked-first-in-access-to-financial-services/1056-3336552-i0ksr6/index.html

cheesy grin grin cheesy
In Nigeria and South Africa do you need mainframe computers to have a "virtual mini bank"? I can't even remember the last time I was in a banking hall.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=kikuyu1 post=51275666][/quote]
Yeah,

Presently, the local production of milk is less than 1% of the total annual demand that has been estimated at 1.45 billion litres, making the total milk consumption in Nigeria less than 10 litres per head whereas the global average is about 40 litres per head. In other parts of Africa, it is 28 litres per head.
It has been estimated that about 500,000 cows and between 300,000 to 400,000 hectares of land is required to meet the national demand of the country.

http://www.foramfera.com/milk-production-in-nigeria-the-opportunities/
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 22, 2016
iblawi:

cheesy grin grin cheesy
In Nigeria and South Africa do you need mainframe computers to have a "virtual mini bank"? I can't even remember the last time I was in a banking hall.
Nigerians need a bank account to load simple things like credit on phone. That's why there are so many adverts here and people getting swindled by people claiming to sell credit and mbs. One of them should spam this thread with an advert any minute now. Only a few who have bank accounts buy then sell.

Now if I need credit, I will open my mobile money account (NOT bank account) and buy credit or MBs. NO chance of unwanted middlemen. No Bank!!!!
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

Nigerians need a bank account to load simple things like credit on phone. That's why there are so many adverts here and people getting swindled by people claiming to sell credit and mbs. One of them should spam this thread with an advert any minute now. Only a few who have bank accounts buy then sell.

Now if I need credit, I will open my mobile money account (NOT bank account) and buy credit or MBs. NO chance of unwanted middlemen. No Bank!!!!

Loool grin grin grin

Ignorance is a curse.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nice thread.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
iblawi:

Loool grin grin grin

Ignorance is a curse.
The point is, access. Limited penetration into the grass roots because the foundation is not there

https://www.nairaland.com/1016297/step-step-guide-starting-recharge#11776124
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
Muafrika2:

The point is, access. Limited penetration into the grass roots because the foundation is not there

https://www.nairaland.com/1016297/step-step-guide-starting-recharge#11776124

Hope you are happy now.

You can search for more services like electricity bills, DSTV, etc yourself.

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Funny enough, the only investment I know about Kenya in this part of the world is Kenya Airway.

Believe me, you can't compare our aviation sector with yours because we have more local play than any country in Africa.

http://www.cometonigeria.com/travel-info/domestic-airlines-in-nigeria/
(just some of them).
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by MtuMsuper: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Kenya leads Africa's internet access and connectivity
EAST AFRICA
by Elayne Wangalwa Last Updated: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 14:01:39 GMT 4

Kenya is now a front runner in sub-Saharan Africa's internet access and connectivity. PHOTO: Getty Images

The East African country is reported to have the highest bandwidth per person in Africa, the fastest speeds and one of the lowest internet rates.
“Investment in the continent’s connectivity is creating multiple benefits that Kenya demonstrates as a clear example of a virtuous circle, where each investment accelerates the next, with an ever increasing footprint of beneficiaries,” Ben Roberts, Liquid Telecom Kenya CEO said during a presentation on a report on ‘Lifting barriers to internet development in Africa’.

(READ MORE: Kenya working to ensure a secure cyberspace)

According to the report, Kenya has outdone itself in ensuring it tackles infrastructure barriers that have hindered it from emerging as a leader in the internet market. Statistics from the Communications Authority of Kenya (CAK) released this year indicate that internet penetration in Kenya stands at 52.3 per cent, placing it in the lead board in the region.

“Kenya has achieved a confluence of infrastructure and provision that has positioned it with the highest growth in internet take-up compared to income per capita in Africa. It has effectively become an outlier in its internet take-up, and seen Nairobi join Johannesburg as one of Africa’s two regional internet hubs,” Roberts said.

Kenya is said to have more undersea cables than its peers in the region. The nation boasts of a 20-fold increase in international bandwidth in the country to 20 gigabytes per second.

“The investment in this key national and local infrastructure is absolutely key to further increasing African internet speeds and reducing the cost of internet use to all users,” Roberts said.

Meanwhile, the East African Community (EAC) is set to receive continuity of internet connectivity as a result of Liquid Telecom’s East Africa Fibre Ring which connects Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania and back into Kenya. This is the first fully redundant regional fibre ring, connecting EAC countries to each other and the rest of the world.
http://www.cnbcafrica.com/news/east-africa/2014/09/09/kenya-leads-internet/

Unfortunately, there are persons known and unknown, who come over to do yahoo in Kenya from one of the 3 countries mentioned. Also, there has been an upsurge in bad mouthing of Kenya from said people in direct proportion to said yahoo activities especially on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by missjo(f): 2:29am On Nov 23, 2016
Okay so this comparison seeks to show which of the three countries is the least underdeveloped.yea?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2016
Muafrika2:

Yeah,

Presently, the local production of milk is less than 1% of the total annual demand that has been estimated at 1.45 billion litres, making the total milk consumption in Nigeria less than 10 litres per head whereas the global average is about 40 litres per head. In other parts of Africa, it is 28 litres per head.
It has been estimated that about 500,000 cows and between 300,000 to 400,000 hectares of land is required to meet the national demand of the country.

http://www.foramfera.com/milk-production-in-nigeria-the-opportunities/

All the writeups in your source are fake. Please look for a better 1. Agriculture doesn't contribute 90% to our GDP and we have more cows and milk than your country.

http://www.fao.org/Wairdocs/ILRI/x5443E/x5443e04.htm

Kenya is no where on this.

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 6:35am On Nov 23, 2016
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 9:01am On Nov 23, 2016
iblawi:
I only respect Kenya in this aspect of life.

http://www.allspired.com.ng/20-worst-slums-africa/

http://www.africaranking.com/20-worst-slums-in-africa/

Nigga thats 1987! Srsly! Btw, years ago I tried to watch Naij movies but had to stop-kept getting stomachache. I noticed smth; a lack of agricultural activity. The usual rural sights in Kenya,chickens,livestock etc etc were all absent.
Amazing when you see how potentially productive Naij is. Kenya is a water stressed nation and yet your milk productivity is wayyyyyy low. Why?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
kikuyu1:

Nigga thats 1987! Srsly! Btw, years ago I tried to watch Naij movies but had to stop-kept getting stomachache. I noticed smth; a lack of agricultural activity. The usual rural sights in Kenya,chickens,livestock etc etc were all absent.
Amazing when you see how potentially productive Naij is. Kenya is a water stressed nation and yet your milk productivity is wayyyyyy low. Why?

Looking for livestock in movies is funny. Why not watch animal channels instead.

I don't know where you heard Nigeria lack milk but if it's from the link you provided before forget it. Even the poorest of the poor take milk for as low as N10 and in most part of the North you will find fresh milk (usually called fura) everywhere at a very low price compared to already processed powdered milk.

You don't have enough knowledge about Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
iblawi:

Looking for livestock in movies is funny. Why not watch animal channels instead.

I don't know where you heard Nigeria lack milk but if it's from the link you provided before forget it. Even the poorest of the poor take milk for as low as N10 and in most part of the North you will find fresh milk (usually called fura) everywhere at a very low price compared to already processed powdered milk.

Do you know MOST kenyan tribes keep cattle?

In Nigeria, only the Fulani do. You people rarely eat beaf,

The other difference is that the dairy industry in Kenya has introduced high breeds which produce more milk.

The top five African milk producing countries in terms of milk volume are Sudan, Egypt, Kenya, South Africa and Algeria. Meanwhile, the first four countries alone produce 52% of total African milk (Figure 1).

http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd19/8/ndam19111.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by MtuMsuper: 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
iblawi:

All the writeups in your source are fake. Please look for a better 1. Agriculture doesn't contribute 90% to our GDP and we have more cows and milk than your country.

http://www.fao.org/Wairdocs/ILRI/x5443E/x5443e04.htm

Kenya is no where on this.
Seriously, you want to compare Kenya's milk production with your country's own(epileptic) production!!!
Unbelievable just hit a new low.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
iblawi:

You misunderstand me. I noticed Naij rural scenes lacked our livestock. NOW I KNOW WHY! Tell me why your milk production is so abysmal. With your climate you could do MUCH more. Is it cultural or attitudinal? ie Maybe Naijjans see themselves beyond dairy farming? Pls tell me and help me understand your country better. TO remind you LESS THAN ONE PCT OF YOUR MILK DEMAND IS MET! My goodness!!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by MtuMsuper: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2016
kikuyu1:

You misunderstand me. I noticed Naij rural scenes lacked our livestock. NOW I KNOW WHY! Tell me why your milk production is so abysmal. With your climate you could do MUCH more. Is it cultural or attitudinal? ie Maybe Naijjans see themselves beyond dairy farming? Pls tell me and help me understand your country better. TO remind you LESS THAN ONE PCT OF YOUR MILK DEMAND IS MET! My goodness!!
They mix something called peak with water, then call it milk.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
MtuMsuper:

They mix something called peak with water, then call it milk.

We left powdered milk a looonggg time ago! Fyi milks.co.za says RSA produced three billion litres last year. I thought it was more. We lead by a big margin of two billion litres.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
I've tried to help you guys but you ignorance won't let you learn.

Have you ever heard Nigerians import cows?

We eat more of beef than fish, Turkey or chicken because that's what we have in abundance. We have more than enough cows to take care of 182,000,000 people.

We import some types of fishes, turkey and frozen chicken to some extent but not meat.

How will you say Nigerians don't eat meat? Your level of Ignorance is alarming.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Odunayaw(m): 1:28am On Nov 24, 2016
cry unnecessary thread
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Lucasbalo(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2016
missjo:
Okay so this comparison seeks to show which of the three countries is the least underdeveloped.yea?
You nailed it my sister.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by OAUTemitayo: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

Do you know MOST kenyan tribes keep cattle?

In Nigeria, only the Fulani do. You people rarely eat beaf,

The other difference is that the dairy industry in Kenya has introduced high breeds which produce more milk.

http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd19/8/ndam19111.htm
Why are you so ignorant? Nigerians don't eat beef? A poor Nigerian family eats more beef than you noisemakers!
I don't know Kenyans also have black medulas, I've only heard of black skin.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by kikuyu1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2016
iblawi:
Funny enough, the only investment I know about Kenya in this part of the world is Kenya Airway.

Believe me, you can't compare our aviation sector with yours because we have more local play than any country in Africa.

http://www.cometonigeria.com/travel-info/domestic-airlines-in-nigeria/
(just some of them).

Maybe not. I'd need stats. Have you seen Cpt. Meggisons comments on your aviation biz in punch.ng? 32 ministers in 28 years!!
GASSSPPP! Femi Fani Kayode the delusional clown and comedian was an aviation minister?? Explains much.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
Odunayaw:
cry unnecessary thread
unnecessary thread indeed.
As a South African I feel insulted that our beloved country is now being compared to countries ruled by power hungry dictators

___Lord Osirus

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
kikuyu1:

Maybe not. I'd need stats. Have you seen Cpt. Meggisons comments on your aviation biz in punch.ng? 32 ministers in 28 years!!
GASSSPPP! Femi Fani Kayode the delusional clown and comedian was an aviation minister?? Explains much.

So, does that mean those companies are government owned. If the market is not there you can't have those local airlines.

Just forget about this thread Kenya is far from behind.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by missjo(f): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You nailed it my sister.
I don't know what and why they are comparing honestly.
Re: South Africa Vs Naij Vs Kenya by iblawi(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
kikuyu1:

Swimming pool for top politicians in Kenya.

http://towncrieronline.net/2016/11/24/top-kenyan-politician-caught-unclad-with-lover-in-a-viral-photo/

Kenyans with bad news are like bread and butter. You guy are always together.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Believe This Was America?? / Russian Jet 'shot Down By Turkish Forces / Putin's Military Armed With "Sakabula" Hunter Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.