Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] (20945 Views)

Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / Ways To Be A Good Working Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
sanpipita:
Will we get to read about pros and cons of a working man too? why must it always be about the women, why should there be pros and cons for a working woman, isnt she allowed to work without any pros and cons attached to it, about time you people start letting women be, they didnt come into this world to be told what to do or not to do.meanwhile my wife must be an intelligent and smart working woman thats how i love them.

sorry ma,emabinu o.. we are working on tat ma ...
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Honebu50:
h,, cheesy

is this your own contribution please type something aunty grin grin
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
lakefist:
I will rather get her a shop to sell things than allow her work under a boss

hmmm
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by guzan: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Different folks,different strokes
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
lakefist:

Allow her? Is she somehow unable to decide what she wants to do? You would PREFER she gets a shop rather than work under a boss.

5 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2016
Sexist op. Pros ko cons ni. As if the decision of a woman to work and not rely totally on her husband is totally unethical. Come up with better things biko, and stop making it seem like women are supposed to give up their dreams after marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by FILEBE(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2016
remmyton:
Insecurity is one if the reasons some men do not allow their wife to work.

For me, I will work, I can't live my life always asking (actually begging) for money. Marriage has its ups n downs, imagine how life will be when marriage gets sour and hubby refuses to give you money?

I believe a working woman is every man's security, no matter how much you earn, because she will be exposed to business tactics and can always help out or carry on if you retire
a

Madam you are feeling proud abi? You are priding abi?
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by RaeMystix: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2016
Working wife it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 24, 2016
I started working at the age of 14 (summer jobs), and have been in the workforce for many years. Ex-husband had no problem with me being the major breadwinner, especially when he was spending the money. lol Yes, some man may find it difficult to be with a woman who earns more, totally understandable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:24am On Nov 24, 2016
lakefist:

What if she is highly educated ? Like a medical doctor or lawyer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by mikolo80: 1:00am On Nov 24, 2016
CHARLESTON007:
Better a workingwife than a lazy ass woman who just sits at home all day doing nothing other getting fatter on top my hard earned money#fact
washing your clothes, cooking and caring for your children is laziness abi.

4 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Emassive(m): 1:05am On Nov 24, 2016
GOD BLESS YOU. Chasing career is what have turned many marriages into satan's footstool and the children into his toy. Both working parents are the kinds that help their children chase goals which in most cases causes them to miss their creation role in Life. This is when they become slaves to wrong ideas and sin in a wrong church. Allowing Satan take charge of their home, turning the destiny of the kids into anything he desires like we are seeing today

adebayo201:
uhn
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by misspicy(f): 2:29am On Nov 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He is refering to the average Nigerian women who loves male domination and dictation grin with poor education or 'I am married now,I have no future except what my husband says' kinda woman.

Not.

Educated,career women eg a lawyer or doctor.
Because he himself is just an average Nigerian man hustling to make ends meet with security issues grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 24, 2016
remmyton:
Insecurity is one if the reasons some men do not allow their wife to work.

For me, I will work, I can't live my life always asking (actually begging) for money. Marriage has its ups n downs, imagine how life will be when marriage gets sour and hubby refuses to give you money?

I believe a working woman is every man's security, no matter how much you earn, because she will be exposed to business tactics and can always help out or carry on if you retire
U have done well.
Proud of u.
Have a lovely night rest
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:00am On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

He is refering to the average Nigerian women who loves male domination and dictation grin with poor education or 'I am married now,I have no future except what my husband says' kinda woman.

Not.

Because he himself is just an average Nigerian man hustling to make ends meet with security issues grin

Ahhhhh I for say grin . I just dey wonder
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by misspicy(f): 3:09am On Nov 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ahhhhh I for say grin . I just dey wonder
I was just joking grin

Some men are like that though,and they base their actions on various reasons,ranging from
1)Religion, eg the man up there,ranting about devil this devil that,na only him family devil dey grin
2)insecurity
3)Moral grounds
4)Ego
5)Love
6)Some wives prefer it.

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:03am On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

I was just joking grin Some men are like that though,and they base their actions on various reasons,ranging from
1)Religion, eg the man up there,ranting about devil this devil that,na only him family devil dey grin

But religion just asked for deference from the wives to the husbands that's all . Being the head of the family does not mean your wife should be treated like a nobody . Both need to compromise and come up with something that'll benefit everyone - kids included .

2)insecurity

I don't see why a woman's success should make the man insecure . You both are a team and should celebrate your success together and learn and make improvements when either of you fail . Encourage the other and build again together . Its not a competition .

3)Moral grounds

It is bad to treat your woman without respect . She could feel unfulfilled in life and unhappy to . She is human and has the propensity to aspire to greater heights .

4)Ego

Its a woman's responsibility to understand her man's ego and try to balance things . Things work out for the both of you when the woman understand this .

5)Love

If you love each other , both should be willing to make sacrifices for each other . And obliterate any form of selfishness .

6)Some wives prefer it.

Women naturally love men being in charge . But being in charge does not mean ruining her life or being selfish .

4 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by femi4: 4:30am On Nov 24, 2016
fhunn:
Proverbs like the okro tree cannot grow taller than the one who planted it is rampant in most, not all, homes that had working wives .
Most of them, their grown up children are nothing to write home about...
Wrong!
It's not how far but how well. It also depends on the child. That you sit all day with your kids does not mean you ve impacted them positively

7 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by femi4: 4:32am On Nov 24, 2016
lakefist:
A typical Igbo mentality

1 Like

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Gerrard59(m): 5:26am On Nov 24, 2016
Another nonsensical article from the pit of ignorance. Na Glo dey cause this rubbish.

Emassive:
GOD BLESS YOU. Chasing career is what have turned many marriages into satan's footstool and the children into his toy. Both working parents are the kinds that help their children chase goals which in most cases causes them to miss their creation role in Life. This is when they become slaves to wrong ideas and sin in a wrong church. Allowing Satan take charge of their home, turning the destiny of the kids into anything he desires like we are seeing today

This is the problem with universal Internet access: it makes cretinuous fvcktards believe they have a right to free speech.

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by atirolu(m): 5:38am On Nov 24, 2016
Bisjosh:
It feels goyod to be a working class lady grin cool

Very good and cool
I always feel proud of my wife
Hard working and intelligent

yet she always make herself available for living room kitchen and other room duties
that's the beauty
it is called a dutiful woman grin
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by GossipHeart(m): 5:43am On Nov 24, 2016
remmyton:

Who said I don't have a job?

What job do you do
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by divinelove(m): 6:06am On Nov 24, 2016
For this kind economy every woman must work ooo undecided
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by humilitypays(m): 6:18am On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:

Not.

‎Point of correction: female doctors and lawyers aren't the most educated women! Gone are the days doctors and lawyers are considered the most educated, and gone are the days they were the highest paid or highest earners!

I am sure you haven't met professional accountants, nurses, business administrators, journalists, female programmers/coders, engineers and architects, so quit that old mentality of overeating doct‎ors and lawyers cos their era is gone!

Nurses even earn higher than doctors nowadays, and journalists are more respected than lawyers in our today world!

Now to the topic, whatever your fiance is doing or was doing successfully before u met her or married her, guys let her continue with it!

An idle wife is not good, every human deserves and ought to work and earn money, and it's a crime for any adult human not to have a means of earning legal income!

Single ladies, don't wait till you marry before you start your life or get something doing, start now that you are single and no reasonable man will tell u to quit what u were doing successfully before u met him just because he got married to u! Unless your job is dirty and illegal, that's understandable then, if not, don't listen to him!‎ 

In fact, discuss this before accepting his marriage proposal!‎

6 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by humilitypays(m): 6:29am On Nov 24, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why do you people believe that female doctors and lawyers are the only highly educated female professionals, why plz

Have you ever come across a professional female Accountant or a nurse Have you ever met a‎ professional female Architect or Engineer

Have you met a professional female Pharmacist Have you met a professional female journalist

What about TV and Radio Presenters 

Female doctors and lawyers are not the only highly educated female professionals, you hear undecided

In fact, doctors and lawyers no longer earn much like in the past! The world has evolved, even dedicated bloggers, photographers, makeup artists, fashion designers and the likes earn more than most doctors and lawyers today, so quit that archaic mentality abeg!!!‎

5 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Missyetty(f): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2016
sanpipita:
Will we get to read about pros and cons of a working man too? why must it always be about the women, why should there be pros and cons for a working woman, isnt she allowed to work without any pros and cons attached to it, about time you people start letting women be, they didnt come into this world to be told what to do or not to do.meanwhile my wife must be an intelligent and smart working woman thats how i love them.
Thank you for this
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by zheroes(m): 7:21am On Nov 24, 2016
Slimmos:
She works or not, it wont change the fact that I would be the one to offset the bills in the house, I will always b the head of the house and she must b submissive to me.
you sound insecure!!!! She is your companion for heavens sake and if you play your role very well you won't demand submission. Women are like computers ,its what you put in them that you will get. Never make them doubt you, when they want to always give that reassurance. Be very open and you will see your wife lay her life for you.

@ topic-- did you mean an employee wife!!!!? Cos almost all women work these days some are self employed ie business owners I guess they won't fall into this picture?

2 Likes

Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by jayAjoku(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2016
i don't wanna get married
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by emperormossad(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2016
Bisjosh:
It feels good to be a working class lady grin cool
Yeye girl
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by emperormossad(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2016
GossipHeart:

What job do you do
He sells corn.
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by Souljaboi1: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2016
Slimmos:
She works or not, it wont change the fact that I would be the one to offset the bills in the house, I will always b the head of the house and she must b submissive to me.

May God bless your intellect and direct you to goodness.
Re: Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] by doll912(f): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2016
All these pros and cons about women shows the sickening mindset of the male folks. Please let all these boys...yes little boys talk of things that will better their lives and future. enough of women this,women that.. 10 things that women this.... 20 things that ....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Read My Sister"s Diary And She Is Planning To Commit Suicide / Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? / Why Do We Justify The Actions Of Philandering Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.