Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

1996 Toyota Camry Prospective Issues! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 1996 Toyota Camry Prospective Issues! (676 Views)

1996 Toyota Camry Does Not Move / 1996 Toyota Camry, Green Colour, N480k / Where Can I Scan A 1996 Toyota Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1996 Toyota Camry Prospective Issues! by Zachxolan(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
Guys I own a very reliable 1996 Toyota Camry and up till this moment the car has been fantastic. Bought the car early this year and it has developed no major problem whatsoever... Even I am amazed cost I was very reluctant to buy the car as the car had no aesthetic whatsoever.
I would like to ask the house for the right engine oil and transmission fluid to continue to maintain this home run cos have just been using the recommendations from roadside mechanics and possible foreseeable issues I might encounter based on experience. I was initially planning on selling off the car end of this year to upgrade to a newer car but right now the car and the economy isn't giving me any reasons to think of that except the bad aesthetics.
I will appreciate your honest comments
Cc Oga Gazzuz, Kashif, Valarinz et al.
Re: 1996 Toyota Camry Prospective Issues! by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
Replace timing belt with OEM (your engine is non- interface but the embarrassment is not worth it.

Engine oil CEPSA 20w50 ignore any 5w30 on the cap if you see it. From your description of the vehicle this will work just well. drain and refill every 3000km

Transmission oil. Oando dextronIII and you are good to go. Drain and refill every 30,000km
Re: 1996 Toyota Camry Prospective Issues! by Zachxolan(m): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
Replace timing belt with OEM (your engine is non- interface but the embarrassment is not worth it.

Engine oil CEPSA 20w50 ignore any 5w30 on the cap if you see it. From your description of the vehicle this will work just well. drain and refill every 3000km

Transmission oil. Oando dextronIII and you are good to go. Drain and refill every 30,000km

Thank you boss!

(1) (Reply)

Porsche Design Teamed Up With Adidas To Develop BOUNCE S4 Lux Running Shoe / BP Gets Greener & Invests In Ultra-fast Charging Company Storedot / Tips For Driving Through Lagos Floods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.