Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US (4921 Views)

Have A Look At The Top 5 Nigerians In ICT / Nigerians In The U.s. Army: Let Truth Be Told / FG To Check Hiring Of Expatriates In Place Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by casper(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2005
hey my fellow nigerians i am happy to tell you that Nigerians in the USA are really go a long way and we are now getting in to the system small small as in we are now being recognized and given our chances to do things like

1; get rich or die tryin; 50 cent's movie the BAD guy there was a Nigerian by name AGBAJE w. {not sure of his first name}.

2: maria carey.s video {that she was in the tub} a Nigerian co-directed it.

3; MTV's top camera men are Nigerians and so many other things that i cannt say now because i dey go skool.

if you have any you can add to it. no YAWA!!!
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by layi(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2005
A Nigerian Couple owns Trinity Broadcasting Network.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by hotangel2(f): 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2005
That's a good thing. I get to hear abt nigeria in a good way now adays. Although... not as much as i hear abt the bad stuffs. Anyways.... people r now begining to recognize us in good ways. Hopefully the good becomes more than the bad.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by spikelord(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2005
Just as we had a Nigerian is the Production crew of Mummy Returns, he also appeared in the film "Sugar Hill" by Wesley Snipes. His name is A. Agbaje also.

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by casper(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2005
@ spikelord Just as we had a Nigerian is the Production crew of Mummy Returns, he also appeared in the film "Sugar Hill" by Wesley Snipes. His name is A. Agbaje also.

he is the same person in 50 cent's movie

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by hotangel2(f): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2005
What abt the girl in hotel Rwanda.. Her name just flew as i began to type. embarassed
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Outkast(f): 3:35am On Dec 12, 2005
Her name is Susan Okonedo, homegirl was nominated for Oscar.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by WesleyanA(f): 1:05am On Dec 16, 2005
Funmi Olopade ...Professor, Department of Medicine Director, Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL . ..she won some MacArthur "genius" award.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by casper(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2005
a Nigerian is a newscaster on ABC7....Sade Baderinwa

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by layi(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2005
A Nigerian is a top newscaster on CNN. She is Femi Oke

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by theORAKU(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2005
Its so good to hear naijas making wave around in the US.

You have all forgotten about the father of the internet, Phillip emeagwali.
that guy has been voted 35th greatest African ranking among people like Mandela, Nkrumah, Pele, Bob Marley, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King.

CNN Calls Emeagwali:
A FATHER OF THE INTERNET

"Who is the
Father of the Internet?"
is like asking:
Who invented
the supercomputer
that gave rise to
the Internet.

In reality,
no one individual
invented the Internet alone.
It has many fathers,
as well as mothers,
uncles, and aunts.

It was not even born
at one place
or time.
Instead,
it grew organically and
incrementally,
following trails
that are non-intersecting.

Take the trail of
Philip Emeagwali,
whom CNN called
"A Father of the Internet."

Emeagwali theorized
that 65,000 computers
around the Earth
could forecast the weather.
His theoretical supercomputer,
with 65,000 nodes,
is known today as the Internet.

Using 65,000 processors,
he invented a formula
that inspired
the reinvention of the supercomputer
as thousands of electronic brains
that occupies the space of
four tennis courts.

Bill Clinton explained,
in a televised speech
(as president)
that Emeagwali's formula
helped give rise
to the age of information.

Yet his invention is one that,
unfortunately,
few of us recognize.

Certainly,
inventions such as this
deserve better.
After all,
can you send your email
without computers and
the Internet?

** something i found on his site http://www.emeagwali.com **
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by moi(f): 9:18pm On Dec 30, 2005
Yes! We ought to be proud of them all, remember there are still a lot of other pple who have achieved a great deal and have not been mentioned. Let us say we are very proud of them and GOD should continue to guide them thru their hard work. And those of us still trying to make heads way GOD should give us the knowledge and understanding to pull thru in our goals in life.

I will like to use this medium to urge us all to pray for our contry Nigeria that this new year we are approaching should be a year of fulfillment for us all, that GOD should touch the hearts of our leaders so they can serve us selflessly and provide for us the adequate resources that make life easy for the common man. I also pray GOD in His Infinite mercies will grant us all our hearts desires and bless us all abundantly. Have a wonderful and Blessed NEW YEAR!!!
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by ijebuman(m): 11:33pm On Dec 30, 2005
spikelord:

Just as we had a Nigerian is the Production crew of Mummy Returns, he also appeared in the film "Sugar Hill" by Wesley Snipes. His name is A. Agbaje also.

I think this same guy now appears in Lost, his name is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015382/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015382/bio
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by ijebuman(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2005
theORAKU:

Its so good to hear naijas making wave around in the US.

You have all forgotten about the father of the internet, Phillip emeagwali.
that guy has been voted 35th greatest African ranking among people like Mandela, Nkrumah, Pele, Bob Marley, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King.

Regarding Emeagwali there seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding his claims
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by vichel(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2006
Barber Shop the series, a Nigerian is one of the lead actors, and he's being cast as a Nigerian.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Ndipe(m): 10:16pm On May 31, 2006
Kase Lawal, a Nigerian, residing in Texas whose company is the 2nd biggest black company in the USA. He is featured on the front cover of this month's Black Enterprise magazine.

Is Donald Adeolu Faison a Nigerian? He is on scrubs

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Outkast(f): 12:42am On Jun 08, 2006
Well, I should say he's of Nigerian descent, yes he is
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Jalal(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2006
Well there are tons of Nigerian doctors in the US cant mention all of them. Lecturers in American and Canadian Universities too numerous too.

Theres Ebbe Bassey in Law And Order and NYPD Blues,

Theres Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwan and a host of others!!!!!!
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Ndipe(m): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2006
Just found out that Faison is not of Nigerian descent. His name was given to him during his family's visit to Nigeria.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by sade511(f): 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2006
Emeka Okafor
Andre Igudala
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by sade511(f): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2006
Theres another news caster thats nigerian, I think his name is Samuel Ade. .something.
He's on Channel7 ABC. Damn I forgot his name.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by adconline(m): 5:36pm On Jan 05, 2007
The US Assistant Secretary of Health is a Nigerian. Dr John Agwunobi http://www.hhs.gov/about/bios/asstsechealth.html .

Kase lawl owns a billion dollar energy company. http://www.camacholdings.com/newsroom/240787_final.pdf. His company is like the 2nd largest black owned business in the US.
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by adconline(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2007
Do U know about this guy. He was listed by Times magazine as a global influential. He works with Credit Suisse

ADEBAYO OGUNLESI

http://www.time.com/time/2002/globalinfluentials/gbiogunlesi.html
* Co-chair - World Economic Forum's '2003 Africa Economic Summit' (2003 - ?)
* Head of Global Investment Banking - Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) - USA (Feb 2002 - ?)
* Managing Director - Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) - USA (1993 - ?)
* Editor - Harvard Law Review (1978 - ?)
* Clerk of Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall - USA

* 7th Most Powerful Black Executive - Fortune Magazine (2003)
* 2002 Global Influentials - TIME Magazine (2002)

1 Like

Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by 4Play(m): 9:45pm On Jan 27, 2007
@Layi

U said earlier that a Nigerian couple owns Trinity Broadcast Networks,pls enlighten me

Who are they?names?
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Ndipe(m): 9:18am On May 03, 2007
The outstanding Nigerians, are the ones, who hold full time legitimate jobs, while taking care of their family, engaging in civil and volunteer work, and still carve out time to spend quality time with their family. They are the ones, vocal in their community in stemming out crime, drugs, and other vices that have ruined the lives of people.

For those with a high profile position, here is one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_O._Agwunobi
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by rookie(m): 1:45pm On May 03, 2007
Am suprised no one has mentioned Chinwetel Ejiofor. He has co-starred with some Oscar winning actors e.g Denzel Washinton, and Hilary Swank

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0252230/awards
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by PrincessMo(f): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2008
4 Play:

@Layi

You said earlier that a Nigerian couple owns Trinity Broadcast Networks,please enlighten me

Who are they?names?

A nigerian couple DOES NOT own TBN. The founders are Paul and Jan Crouch.
DEFINATELY NOT NIGERIANS!! angry
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by Ubiman(m): 11:50am On Mar 03, 2010
A yoruba man whose name I can't remember is one of the lead actors in the top hit hollywood science-fiction/action movie: G. I. Joe - the rise of cobra.
Others include:
Wesley Snipes - Anambra
NAS - Lagos
Oguche (Defender in the US National Team Squad); and a thousand other too numerous to mention cool smiley
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by holythug(m): 11:55am On Mar 03, 2010
yea. . .we shd b d greatest nation in d world . . .but our screwed up leaders need to be 6ft below for that to happen
Re: Outstanding Achievements of Nigerians in the US by YD(m): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2010
@ outkast. i think she's sophia okonedo. she also starred in aeonflux.

(1) (Reply)

Nda 68 Rc Final Admission List Here: / Broadening Vs Specialization: Different Approaches To Career Advancement. / Top 11 Female Lawyers In Nigeria 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.