Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga (983 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / Akpabio: I Returned From The Land Of The Dead, PMB Called Me While In Hospital / ‎See The Words of Femi Gbajabiamila that Returned to Hunt Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2009
The credentials of the man dey make dem jealous and fear simultaneously.
http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.thisdayonline.com"
Adenuga is a highly respected entrepreneur and one of the biggest employers of labour in the country. In the last two decades, he has established a pedigree as a well-focussed and prudent manager of men and resources with the ability to successfully transform ideas and dormant businesses to highly viable enterprises. He has founded and successfully run high-profile companies in the most lucrative sectors of the economy including telecommunications, banking, oil and gas. His foray into banking commenced about 20 years ago when he established two banks, Devcom Merchant Band and Equitorial Trust Bank, both of which were merged to become the Equitorial Trust Bank during the consolidation exercise of 2005. In the oil sector, he also achieved a historic feat in December 1991 by being the first Nigerian to find and produce oil in commercial quantities at the Bella field. In 2000, he bought majority shares in the downstream oil company, National Oil, and transformed the loss-making company into a profitable business. Now renamed Conoil Plc, the company has been paying dividends to its shareholders since its acquisition. Adenuga became a household name following his establishment of the Glo brand and his focus on Nigeria and Nigerians as the heartbeat and driving force of the company’s competitive stance, as captured by its “Glo with Pride” and “Rule your world” slogans. It is the opinion of many that Adenuga has infused pride in Nigerians through the achievements of Globacom and Glo Mobile, which are currently operating mobile telecoms services in three countries and gateway services in four. The company’s Glo 1 submarine cable with enormous bandwidth capacity and connections to over 17 countries in Africa and Europe is another landmark achievement that has deepened the pride and enhanced the image and reach of Nigeria internationally.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by nex(m): 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Instead of saying why, you're heaping praises on the man. Do you think that the CBN don't have a record of his credentials? Those are the documents he submitted before his bank was licensed.

He immediately agreed to fulfill the terms the CBN gave him and he showed adequate capacity to do such. So his bank has to be returned to him.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2009
I'm impressed, you sound very knowledgeable.

May be you should go ahead and let us know why the bank was taken from him in the first place.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by TheSeeker(m): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^^ grin grin grin

Yea, Nex, go ahead and tell him why it was take from him previously.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by naso2(m): 8:02pm On Nov 06, 2009
zomby:

I'm impressed, you sound very knowledgeable.

May be you should go ahead and let us know why the bank was taken from him in the first place.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Good thinking,good question.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2009
NEX

DO NOT SHY AWAY? TELL US WHY THE BANK WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM ADENUGA IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE ARE ALL LEARNERS
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by OAM4J: 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
hmnnnn grin
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2009
Zomby,
Why is it only that only when Mike Adenuga is discussed on NL that you post? Just curious.
Mind you, I'm also a fan of 'the bull' and I have defended him passionately on NL here before, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-318220.0.html
but just curious why it is only when Mike is discuused that you post.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by naso2(m): 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2009
Jarus Kaaaaaabo, se da da le de?.

Abeg help us answer this question wey we dey ask nex.  grin grin shocked
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
na_so:

Jarus Kaaaaaabo, se da da le de?.

Abeg help us answer this question wey we dey ask nex. grin grin shocked
A wrong call, in my opinion. As I currently type, I can't recall the reason SLS put for the take-over, the only thing I can faintly recall is that Mike had overbearing influence in the organization. I'll have to go and consult news reports on the second sack to have specific info on CBN's reason for taking over ETB, right or wrong.

In any case, with Mike's cooperative attitude, has played a significant role.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 9:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
Zomby,
Why is it only that only when Mike Adenuga is discussed on NL that you post? Just curious.
Mind you, I'm also a fan of 'the bull' and I have defended him passionately on NL here before, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-318220.0.html

@Jarus:
This is a very good and fair question. The answer is simple.

As a Nigerian, I was brought up to always embrace any positive image of Nigeria.
Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr. happens to fall into this category. Therefore, I have no other choice but to boldly take my hat off to the GURU whenever he's doing what he does best (working hard and making the impossible to become possible).
Furthermore, I honestly don't see anything or anybody else out there that worth my time, but I'm very open, your recommendation will be welcomed respectfully.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by pcicero(m): 11:46am On Nov 07, 2009
Jarus:

Zomby,

Guess he's a Glo/ETB/Conoil staff.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 07, 2009
zomby:

@Jarus:
This is a very good and fair question. The answer is simple.

As a Nigerian, I was brought up to always embrace any positive image of Nigeria.
Dr. Mike Adenuga Jr. happens to fall into this category. Therefore, I have no other choice but to boldly take my hat off to the GURU whenever he's doing what he does best (working hard and making the impossible to become possible).
Furthermore, I honestly don't see anything or anybody else out there that worth my time, but I'm very open, your recommendation will be welcomed respectfully.
No problems. You're welcome.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2009
Its unfortunate that the personality of Zomby and his relationship to Adenuga is begining to overshadow what is a very serious question.
Please let us stop glossing over Adenugu, I am not offended by billionaires being multi-billionaires. However Mike Adenuga like most business men in Nigeria are just very lucky to be where they are as well as having the right contacts. If you run a business in any country where economic policies are fine tuned to suit the needs of your business sometimes even to the detriment of your competitors, even if you are the biggest fool you have a very good chance to succeed.
The fact is true for Mike Adenuga, it is true for Aliko Dangote, it is also true for Femi Otedola.

However back to the critical question, WHY DID SANUSI STRIKE AGAINST MIKE ADENUGA ONLY TO DO A U-TURN IMMEDIATELY?

Jarus does not usually question people's dientity, the fact that he has decided to question zomby's identity is diversionary and only proves that even he Jarus does not make sense of it.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Depilot(m): 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2009
Word on the street:

That is the right thing to do. Return the bank back to Dr Mike Adenuga Jnr. This is one man I will forever live to admire. Dr Adenuga is an inspiration to every african who want earn a living through creative thinking and diligence. He is the most respected entrepreneur in Africa. Dr Adenuga is very efficient, thorough, consistent, meticulous is every thing he does. I\'m writing from Ghana and every body here is afraid of Glo even though it has not started operations. The fear is that when glo takes off, all the other telecom companies will have to take cover. At least for one, let Nigerians be fair and just by allowing someone who is doing his legitimate business, creating opportunities and employing young people the freedom to do his business without any intimidation. Congrats sir and more grease to your elbow

Otunba Mike, once again, the system has tried to smear your good image. When you didnt support the failed 3rd term project, your kins man used Mallam Ribadu to chase you to Ghana. Now, they want to use another Mallam, but under this government, we follow the rule of law. Not the law of Obasanjo. l told a friend when they \"tookover\" your bank that you will head to the World Court.
Move on Mr.Glo. You are Blessed.
May the haters die face down!

d bull is back, i trust you and your business acumen, keep the flag flying, u r a pure nationalist, kudus

Honestly, i have always known that the only reason why ETB was in the CBN\'s \"black book\" was just because of it sole ownerhip structure. Though, the move to restore the Bank back to Otunba Adenuga should be applauded, i still think the apex should be scolded so as not to discourage honest nigerians like the Otunba from investing the nigerian economy.

I think Otunba showed tremendous courage to inject fund into his business rather than engage in war of words. And the action proposed by CBN goes to show that if other can do the same, the ownership or majority equity of the banks would be returned to the owners. So far both parties are doing the right thing

well Adenuga has demostrated that he is truly professional and has shown to the world that he has what it takes to be a business mongul.God bless him for helping this our country because he is employer of labour.Mr sanusi that he should have verified all his claims before he announces that etb is among the distress bank.Once again kudos to MIKE ADENUGA.

I have tremendous respect for Otunba Mike Adenuga. He has shown severally that he is a respectable business man. Rising above acrimony to conduct his businesses. Shame on CBN for trying to make a public show of Otunba and ETB, only to reverse themselves. If the CBN had called him for a meeting before making their pronouncement, he could have saved them the embarrasment. Kudos Otunba. Carry go!
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 7:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
@mikeansy:
That was a very nice and interesting post.

Since you sound like you know a lot about Nigerian businesses and Nigerian business men, could you please describe [b]in details [/b]how Adenuga, like most other business men in Nigeria, happens to be very lucky?
And what have you done with your own luck lately?
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by OAM4J: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2009
Think it boils than to the definition of success.

One of my definitions of success is ability to recognize opportunity and utilize it to achieve your goals/desire.

So I don’t think these guys were just lucky, they saw opportunities and made good use of them. Do you know there are many other people who had similar or better opportunities than them but never get to utilize them?
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2009
@OAM4J: may God bless you
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by zomby(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2009
Putting God first, a fluent understanding of what business is all about, hard work, determination, identifying time to play and time to work, quality is better than quantity, boldly taking risk, less noise more action, lion heart, changing with time, understanding how to lead, understanding how to forecast effectively, tackling all obstacles head on, making your enemies look foolish, believing in yourself and your dream, building a long lasting magnificent brand and many more.
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by OAM4J: 8:32pm On Nov 07, 2009
zomby:

Putting God first, a fluent understanding of what business is all about, hard work, determination, identifying time to play and time to work, quality is better than quantity, boldly taking risk, less noise more action, lion heart, changing with time, understanding how to lead, understanding how to forecast effectively, tackling all obstacles head on, making your enemies look foolish, believing in yourself and your dream, building a long lasting magnificent brand and many more.

whao! Cannot agree less with you. Do you have an MBA, lol cheesy grin
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by bibiking1(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
The question has still remained unanswered!
Re: Why Cbn Removed And Then Immediately Returned Etb Back To Mike Adenuga by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 07, 2009
mikeansy:

Its unfortunate that the personality of Zomby and his relationship to Adenuga is begining to overshadow what is a very serious question.
Please let us stop glossing over Adenugu, I am not offended by billionaires being multi-billionaires. However Mike Adenuga like most business men in Nigeria are just very lucky to be where they are as well as having the right contacts. If you run a business in any country where economic policies are fine tuned to suit the needs of your business sometimes even to the detriment of your competitors, even if you are the biggest fool you have a very good chance to succeed.
The fact is true for Mike Adenuga, it is true for Aliko Dangote, it is also true for Femi Otedola.

However back to the critical question, WHY DID SANUSI STRIKE AGAINST MIKE ADENUGA ONLY TO DO A U-TURN IMMEDIATELY?

Jarus does not usually question people's dientity, the fact that he has decided to question zomby's identity is diversionary and only proves that even he Jarus does not make sense of it.

Yes, I hardly question people's identity, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't voice out my observation to satisfy my curiosity, no matter how unimportant it is. I have participated in many Mike Adenuga debates on NL to put forward my observation about Zomby. So count me out of diversionary tactic, I come out plain when I don't know something or succumb if I find a superior argument against my opinion, rather than redherring.

Now to your allegation, even before you surfaced on this thread I had offered my response here:
Jarus:

A wrong call, in my opinion. As I currently type, I can't recall the reason SLS put for the take-over, the only thing I can faintly recall is that Mike had overbearing influence in the organization. I'll have to go and consult news reports on the second sack to have specific info on CBN's reason for taking over ETB, right or wrong.

In any case, with Mike's cooperative attitude, he has played a significant role.
Or you expected me to defend SLS even where I'm not convinced he's right? I'm not a blind defender of SLS just as some people are blind critics of his.

(1) (Reply)

Do we need an acting Vice President? / Akwa-ibom State Gov Is Mr Swagger / Again, Armed Youths Foil Ibori's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.