Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area (42501 Views)

Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Download Parenting And Teens Seminar On Sex With Praise Fowowe, Lanre Olusola!!! / Teens And The Things They Do That Worry Their Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by tosyne2much(m): 9:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
greenpasture:

We are basically walking in the jet streams of Western society. What we are getting is a " fatherless " society". Now, it isn't that these children don't have actual father's. [b] What has happened is that these father's have defined Fatherhood as simply putting money on the table. [/b]They can't model manhood and these children look for surrogate Father's in the gangs. That's the money is manhood culture for you.

It's a little bit more complicated than this but you get my drift.
You're a man of wisdom

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by applebee: 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
kevinberry:
it seems males and females are raised differently within most households

the girls are always after money and lack basic home training most times,most of them get impregnate before 18,whereas the boys are trained to learn one trade or the other to support their families and to save for future use...

Some parents don't bother about training their female kids anymore but allow them the freedom to do whatever they like while the males are trained and made to learn different trade,working day and night....

Don't complain about your wives if you are not ready to train your daughters because they will be someone else's spouse one day.

Guy, you get level. Correct

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Boybrano(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
Go and investigate the lifestyle of Aba and Warri boys. Trust me, you will be too shocked to report.

9 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by RoadsAndGreen(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
shizzy7:
Why are you throwing insults??
Simple coherent argument you can't engage in. Go and learn how to interact.
OK sorry. no ves

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
tosyne2much:
You're a man of wisdom

Thanks. wink
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by jidxin(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

A Satellite community, I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe, I am one myself but I can help but think something is wrong with their upbringing
its ajegunle or satellite town. ..around dat axus
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by shuggah(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

I'm not bashing, it's what I see I am saying, mostly Easterners live here and the boys are not well behaved I am not bashing, I'm only saying it as it is. The girls are very sweet and polite but the boys mba
pls train urs well first, from d way u sound u posted this after an experience with ur brother/father or maybe a boyfriend.

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by jidxin(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

A Satellite community, I must add mostly Easterners live here. I'm not bashing any tribe, I am one myself but I can help but think something is wrong with their upbringing
its ajegunle or satellite town. ..around dat axis
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by alezzy13: 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
OP missed it when she restricted the general decay to a particular gender.

Overall, there is an undeniable decay in values across both sexes. Teens are becoming far more vain, materialistic, disrespectful, sexually undisciplined, inordinately money-conscious than it was years back.

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Pray(m): 9:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
Who will spoil, will spoil. Either they help doing house chores or not, teach them Godly ways, they will do things willingly.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by fkdmods: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

And you are not bashing any tribe. grin I can already tell that you are the one with the problem. Have you been to oshodi? You'd think yorubas were born to be Area boys. Every tribe in Nigeria has issues. This is the reason Nigeria is phucked up. Almost everyone in Nigeria is sub human.

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by bejeria101(m): 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

It's terrible, almost all the boys here are in gangs, I keep wondering why their parents give them such freedom whereas their sisters are almost imprisoned.

Not almost,they are imprisoned. Let me share dis with you,i have a friend funny enough his name is seun. You cld predict where he wld be,at home,church or basketball court. His dad was worried abt dis and thought his son was GAY! U can imagine,because he wasnt the party,noisy type. So parents have alot on their hands.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by alBHAGDADI: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
Timbuktuo:
When women marry, they don't think "Hmm, can he handle a broom?" They're more interested in his ability to oversee the home with wisdom and provide for and secure the family. This is not the same thing men want in a woman. Men want a woman who can care for the home. This is the reality of life. These girls are being properly trained to be wives and mothers. Women don't leave their husband because he can't sweep, men don't leave their wives because she's not providing for the home.

Men are not women and women are not men. Period.

As to the issue of young men being unruly, it's partly because the village has been told to hands off raising children. When both parents are out to hustle, these kids have nothing to keep then grounded as older generations did in the form of neighbours and relatives.

Now, every little kid is a prince and princess and thy can do as they please and you, a neighbour, dare not set them straight for fear of drawing the ire of their parents. Of course, this is the natural culmination. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Actions have consequences.
Best comment so far.

88% of those condemning this recent development are the same people that will get angry and throw fist when they hear that their neighbor smacked their child for doing something wrong while they were away. Yet, they marvel at how corrupt the society has become.

11 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Fidelismaria: 10:00pm On Nov 24, 2016
grin

Is dat jealousy I detect @ op

Dat is how it has always bin nd continue to be

Aint notin u can do bout it

U just mad cos u aint a guy
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
RoadsAndGreen:
OK but stop lying. all liars go to hell.

how could you? you are evil.

I'm not evil, I only said the truth to let people know about it. May I ask why you are taking this personal, did I mention your name?

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by shuggah(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

She's being abused, please speak out if you can sad
now i get ur point .abused for washing her bro's clothes?? feminist shit

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by airsaylongcon: 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

I'm not bashing, it's what I see I am saying, mostly Easterners live here and the boys are not well behaved I am not bashing, I'm only saying it as it is. The girls are very sweet and polite but the boys mba

Maybe you need to relocate to Mushin were there are mostly "westerners"....

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by RoadsAndGreen(m): 10:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

I'm not evil, I only said the truth to let people know about it. May I ask why you are taking this personal, did I mention your name?
no you didn't but you lied. saying only guys are guilty is a lie. there are crazy guys and girls as well in festac how could you leave out girls and accuse boys. that's being treacherous of you.

Comon. don't be a liar

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by ediddem(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
misspicy:
Apart from the disrespect part, hasn't it always been like this?

Most boys were allowed total unrestricted freedom from even house chores for the single reason that they are male kids.
Most were given the choice meat,largest food portion,cleaned after by their sisters etc.
Why do you think we have some really dirty husbands now? Overgrown babies who can't even wash their own boxers?
Even in my house,my niece wash her brothers cloths on the instruction of her mummy,beaten if she shouts back at them or fight them,not because she is younger but because she is female,and will go to husband house grin
a lot more,lemme hold it here.

Maybe the elite parents of this generation will help correct this trend for our future daughters
Not in the kind of family i happen to find myself, its the reverse dear.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by ajaymina(m): 10:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

Easterners Asin Chinese Or North Korean
lwkmd
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by lieutenantHaven: 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Op pidgin2 or wateva. Go and sit down. They must lie down for u to pass becos u re 90 yrs old.
Keep basking, languishing and wallowing in ur deluded fools paradise. Train ur own children. Teach them the road to there hometown Enugu, anambra abia, ebony and IMO. And not when u go to festac and hang there for years u wil start dishing out dogmas on wat respect should be. Respect should start from you going to ur hometown. Lagos is not ur home, tomorw nw u wil start wailing bcs they have demolished ur shop. Go to owere Douglas road, ogbete Enugu, Onitsha min market shops full there.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by dokiOloye(m): 10:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

So you don't see all those Afonja Omo Ale and Agberos
I tire for the chic ooo.
Like say she no de comot,come see all those hemp smoking,brown teeth agberos wey full everywhere.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by lieutenantHaven: 10:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
Op pidgin2 or wateva. Go and sit down. They must lie down for u to pass becos u re 90 yrs old.
Keep basking, languishing and wallowing in ur deluded fools paradise. Train ur own children. Teach them the road to there hometown Enugu, anambra abia, ebony and Imo. And not when u go to festac and hang there for years u wil start dishing out dogmas on wat respect should be. Respect should start from you going to ur hometown. Lagos is not ur home, tomorw nw u wil start wailing bcs they have demolished ur shop. Go to owerri Douglas road, ogbete Enugu, Onitsha main market shops full there.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2016
Fidelismaria:

grin

Is dat jealousy I detect @ op

Dat is how it has always bin nd continue to be

Aint notin u can do bout it

U just mad cos u aint a guy

SMH
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by meetdavid: 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2016
Davash222:

Something is wrong with you.. When we say Lagos is no man's land, you guys debunked, now you have the effrontery to say 'mostly Easterners live here'. Because you want to label them bad and you still have to say you are not bashing any tribe.

I just had a very strong feeling u wud give a better reply Dan I wud to dis pidgin2..."easterners"!!!
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Abu4shizo: 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Choose your words wisely.
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Chukzyfcb(m): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
I live in festac. most boys here na rappers dem wan be right from secondary school......clubs and brothels are springing up here at a very fast rate. so the level of corruption is increasing. prostitutes are increasing rapidly. the area is dominated by the easterners. in fact because of how much the Igbo's live here I find it hard to learn Yoruba despite living in Lagos for years.
But can I say the same for the girls? hmmm finally festac boys and girls no dey hear word sha lool. them like clubbing pass school but I still like my hood.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by tosyne2much(m): 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
greenpasture:

We are basically walking in the jet streams of Western society. What we are getting is a " fatherless " society". Now, it isn't that these children don't have actual father's. What has happened is that these father's have defined Fatherhood as simply putting money on the table. They can't model manhood and these children look for surrogate Father's in the gangs. That's the money is manhood culture for you.

It's a little bit more complicated than this but you get my drift.
You have said it all sir.. God bless you
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
Pidgin2:

I'm not evil, I only said the truth to let people know about it. May I ask why you are taking this personal personally, did I mention your name?
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by Dee60: 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Its called the CRISIS of PARENTING. Or call it CRISIS of FATHERS!
Re: What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area by buffalowings: 10:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
tosyne2much:
You have said it all sir.. God bless you

Wait this is the second time you're replying to the same guy

Are you high? angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Wife Is Starving Me Of Sex / I Own You & Can "Do" 10times A Day-Man Tells Wife After She Refused "To Do" (Vid / Lady In Bauchi Gives Birth To Quadruplets On Her First Delivery. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.