Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only (704 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Nigerian Man In US Cooks For His Wife And Children (Photos) / Wives Not Cooks Saga : See What The Smart Women Think (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by omonnakoda: 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
Please Share your recipes Nigeria or International.

The most basic thing in Nigerian cooking is red sauce or "stew" as we fondly call it. It is also one of the most controversial things in terms of the blend and procedure.

One thing is I do not use Maggi or anything like it like most Nigerian women do.They swear by it but I have done the Taste test several times with Maggi stew on one side and my Maggiless on the other many prefer my Maggiless so what is the secret?
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by klassykute(m): 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
anybody dey folo us drag am?
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by SirShymexx: 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hmmm. My pops seldom cook but I remember back in the day, he used to be a top chef. And I have got a cousin that can cook his arse off.

As for me, I used to be a terrible cook. But in the past 12 months, because I changed my diet and I have been watching my protein and carb intake - I have developed into a top chef with the magic wand.

Men definitely got the juice when it comes to cooking. Salute to the real nyggahs - we byke!!!

2 Likes

Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by MrPresident1: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
Please Share your recipes Nigeria or International.

The most basic thing in Nigerian cooking is red sauce or "stew" as we fondly call it. It is also one of the most controversial things in terms of the blend and procedure.

One thing is I do not use Maggi or anything like it like most Nigerian women do.They swear by it but I have done the Taste test several times with Maggi stew on one side and my Maggiless on the other many prefer my Maggiless so what is the secret?

Person wen chop your food, na purge go kill am grin
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by joseph1013: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
SirShymexx:
Hmmm. My pops seldom cook but I remember back in the day, he used to be a top chef. And I have got a cousin that can cook his arse off.

As for me, I used to be a terrible cook. But in the past 12 months, because I changed my diet and I have been watching my protein and carb intake - I have developed into a top chef with the magic wand.

Men definitely got the juice when it comes to cooking. Salute to the real nyggahs - we byke!!!

Men are consistently the greatest chefs in the world. Cooking is almost a given for men if they put their hearts to it.

1 Like

Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by omonnakoda: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
I think the area where men really come into their own is in the arena of barbecues and of course every master has his secret barbecue source recipes.
A simple one I enjoy and can share is

2. Bottles of Ketchup (I recommend value ketchups don't waste money on Heinz)
1 whole garlic cleaned and choppped
Yaji powder from a trusted aboki(without Bura cheesy) half the volume of the ketchup
Efirin leaves if you can get them
I whole onion
Malt vinegar 2 teaspoons( you may like more.

Blend everything in a blender and just store in a squeezy bottle.

If you live abroad and cannot get Yaji. I will reveal the recipe soon
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by omonnakoda: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
MrPresident1:

Peron wen chop your food, na purge go kill am grin
How do you work that one out? grin
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by Greatzeus(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2016
Why say something, you don't really believe
Fallacy of Generalization undecided
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
hmmmm cool grin

Back in the day when we were young my dad used to cook and he was very good at it, and uses very little seasonings. I don't know if he still gat it grin

my brother cooks noodles and spaghetti than anyone I know/tasted. cool
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by Richy4(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thank goodness for the secondary school/dormitory and those seniors way back that taught us how to smuggle kerosene little stove into the dorm.. I won't have known how to cook....especially when those school cooks cook those their popular jellof rice full of sand....
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by omonnakoda: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
Men do not wash their genitals into their cooking
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by Richy4(m): 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
omonnakoda:

You created a nice thread that should be about debate...based on your topic, why do you want to make it grose?.....
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by omonnakoda: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Richy4:

You created a nice thread that should be about debate...based on your topic, why do you want to make it grose?.....
If you think so just waka pass. Pls don't annoy.If I was you I would have done it your way but I am not you
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by Richy4(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
omonnakoda:
If you think so just waka pass. Pls don't annoy.If I was you I would have done it your way but I am not you

My apologies....have a good day
Re: Men Are Better Cooks Than Women: Thread For Men Cooks Only by baby124: 12:48am On Nov 25, 2016
omonnakoda:
undecided. Good to know this great and fascinating fact! grin

(1) (Reply)

Blessing of a Bouncing Baby Boy in My Family / Wahala Between Sister Beauty And Jeff / The Morbid Proccess Of Preparing For The Queens Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.