Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,020 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (3231 Views)

Ebonyi Bans Sale Of Foreign Rice In Markets / Naira Extend Gains Against Dollar Across FX Markets / Why Can't A Country Just Keep Printing Money And Become Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
Re: . by delishpot: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2016
It can, but with law enforcement put in place..
Re: . by OdVVanguard: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
O'boy, that's a far cry from the REAL onitsha, no color-correction or embellishments, no GRA's grin , and in all her brown-roof glory. cheesy The REAL Onitsha they don't want you to see.

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
How on good gracious earth will the markets be like the ones in the picture above?

When all they do is deposit smelly feaces all over the dilapidated and dirty ones they trade in...

Ogbete market in Enugu comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2016
ThePortlander:
Why are black societies so dirty and disorganized? Onitsha Market and Aba markets and even oshodi should look like this district in Tokyo. Black people don't like themselves, too bad.

This is a street not a market and some streets in Aba and Onitsha are comparable.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2016

3 Likes

Re: . by Blue3k(m): 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:
and in all her brown-roof glory. cheesy

Why is popular among nairalanders to troll over brown roof. Isn't it normal for the roof to rust when the moisture is high in a subtropical place lIke nigeria. Then it rain half year? Lastly the roof seem to be regular steel instead of stainless stell with protective paint coating.
Re: . by OdVVanguard: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Blue3k:

Why is popular among nairalanders to troll over brown roof. Isn't it normal for the roof to rust when the moisture is high in a subtropical place lIke nigeria. Then it rain half year? Lastly the roof seem to be regular steel instead of stainless stell with protective paint coating.

Lol. Are you asking me? Go and ask your fellow SE-brethren na. cheesy Dem go soon invade this thread now with Onitsha GRA pictures and Ibadan brown-roofs. Hehehehe. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by chinology: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
Abagworo:

This is a street not a market and some streets in Aba and Owerri are comparable.

I totally agree with you on the highlighted but I think Aba is getting better than Owerri going by what's on ground in both towns.
Re: . by chinology: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2016
ThePortlander:
Why are black societies so dirty and disorganized? Onitsha Market and Aba markets and even oshodi should look like this district in Tokyo. Black people don't like themselves, too bad.

What you posted is not an open market but group of shopping malls. Gradually Nigerian economic cities are getting there.

2 Likes

Re: . by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:
O'boy, that's a far cry from the REAL onitsha, no color-correction or embellishments, no GRA's grin , and in all her brown-roof glory. cheesy The REAL Onitsha they don't want you to see.
We don,t have slum in Anambra

See slum cities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: . by shizzy7(f): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Abagworo:

This is a street not a market and some streets in Aba and Onitsha are comparable.
W HAT

CompareKINI

Show me the streets
Re: . by OdVVanguard: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
post=51341378:

We don,t have slum in Anambra

See slum cities in Nigeria

Lol. It's about time you showed up, bwoy. cheesy. Pictures don't lie, Nigga. cheesy Oya, start flooding this thread with your usual GRA pictures, on the count of 3. 1.... 2... 3... cheesy

1 Like

Re: . by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:

Re: . by smilingface(m): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
sometimes I think u guys are taking this tribalism n hatred too far.when I read all this hatred comments it's like a job that after doing u guys get paid.
Re: . by davidif: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
OP, its because of standards. I think over there you have zoning laws that prohibit you from erecting structures anywhere you go. Its not like Nigeria where you just build anywhere.

I am also sure that they have sanitation standards and a central sewage system.
Re: . by OdVVanguard: 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author= post=51341507][/quote]

Come on dude, you're losing your fire. By now you suppose don litter this thread with more pictures. You can do better than this. Oya show us Beere Ibadan slum pictures. Lololol. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: . by Blue3k(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:

Lol. Are you asking me? Go and ask your fellow SE-brethren na. cheesy Dem go soon invade this thread now with Onitsha GRA pictures and Ibadan brown-roofs. Hehehehe. cheesy

Not from SE. I'm asking you because you posted it. Besides I've seen whole threads about SE erosion. Besides you guys like throwing insults like flater head and Afonja so it's not surprising.
Re: . by OdVVanguard: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
Blue3k:

Not from SE. I'm asking you because you posted it. Besides I've seen whole threads about SE erosion. Besides you guys like throwing insults like flater head and Afonja so it's not surprising.

And I'm telling you that I'm the wrong person to be asking about brown-roofs on Nairaland coz your kinsmen popularized it on this forum. You're barking at the wrong horse, buddy. grin

1 Like

Re: . by Blue3k(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:

And I'm telling you that I'm the wrong person to be asking about brown-roofs on Nairaland coz your kinsmen popularized it on this forum. You're barking at the wrong horse, buddy. grin

Fair enough your just a follower riding others set. I see now I'll ask see if the they can answer me.
Re: . by escapefromusa(f): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
ThePortlander:

OP is suffering from mental slavery ! grin
Re: . by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2016
Just google Ibadan

Compare

1 and 2 Onitsha

3 and 4 IbadaN

Re: . by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2016
No slum in Onitsha

Re: . by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:

Come on dude, you're losing your fire. By now you suppose don litter this thread with more pictures. You can do better than this. Oya show us Beere Ibadan slum pictures. Lololol. cheesy grin

Seven states control 90% of cash transactions, says CBN

Lagos and the six other states control about 90 per cent of the total cash transactions in the country, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said.

The other states are Rivers, Anambra, Abia, Kano, Ogun and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

This, according to the CBN Deputy Governor (Operations), Mr. Tunde Lemo, was the reason the states were being slated for the second phase of the cash-less project billed to kick off on the July 1.

Acknowledging that there have been and there are still challenges with the cash-less project, he said most of them are being resolved.

He listed one of the major challenges to include intercon-nectivity in some of the clusters, which he said, is being addressed.

Lemo said besides the use of alternative channels of transactions such as Point of Sales (PoS), the cashless project would be driven through the telephone.

Nigeria is second in number of mobile phone users in sub Saharan Africa after South Africa, which is also the largest economy in the region.

Lemo also said the cash-less policy had been successful in Lagos, adding that the number of PoS machines in Lagos has increased significantly from about 5,000 when the policy took off last year, to over 150,000.

“We still have a few challenges, but if I look back, I really would say that we have done a lot to transform the payment system in Lagos through PoS,” he said.

The cash-less policy, whose implementation began in Lagos in January, last year, is aimed at reducing the dominance of cash in the system. The policy specifies penal charges for individuals and corporate organisations that want to withdraw or lodge cash above prescribed limits.

Under the plan, the CBN pegged the daily cumulative cash withdrawal or deposit limit for individual accounts at N500,000 per day and N3 million per day for corporate accounts.

Just a week ago, the Chief Executive Officer, Electronic Payment Providers Association of Nigeria (E-PPAN), Mrs. Onajite Regha, said the coming on board on the next phase of the cash-less policy in July may raise the value of electronic funds transfer in the country to N160 billion per day by the end of the year.

The E-PPAN boss, who spoke in Lagos, said the current value of electronic fund transfers – put at N80billion per day by the CBN, would most likely double because there would be a lot of changes, which would compel people to use e-Fund transfer channels.

The Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) is handling transactions worth about N20 billon daily, while the Nigeria Electronic Funds Transfer is conducting about N60 billion worth of transactions daily.
http://thenationonlineng.net/seven-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions-says-cbn/

States that control 90% cash in Nigeria
Lagos
Rivers
Anambra
Abia
Kano
Ogun
FCT
You big for nothing City Ibadan is missing in the List grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
chinology:

I totally agree with you on the highlighted but I think Aba is getting better than Owerri going by what's on ground in both towns.

Chino we are getting old oh!
Re: . by chinology: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2016
Abagworo:

Chino i am getting old oh!

Fixed!

No be me and you..tufia!
Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
ThePortlander:
you are talking rubbish

You just abused me for eriting the truth. Many streets in Aba and Onitsha consist of 5 to 7 storey buildings with the ground-floor housing shops. I just don't live there otherwise I can get you personally snapped photos tomorrow.
Re: . by orimsamsam(m): 9:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
OdVVanguard:

lolz. Most times they talk about brown roof am force to think that all the roofs in South East is white.

3 Likes

Re: . by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
chinology:

Fixed!
No be me and you..tufia!
So you want to die young
Re: . by chinology: 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
Abagworo:

You just abused me for eriting the truth. Many streets in Aba and Owerri consist of 5 to 7 storey buildings with the ground-floor housing shops. I just don't live there otherwise I can get you personally snapped photos tomorrow.

Get us the ones in Owerri or do you want us to do it for you?
Re: . by chinology: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Nwokem always talk about yourself, I have nothing in common with you despite being Igbo..

Abagworo:

So I want to die young

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Scraps Metal Properties To Buy From Companies.preferable In Portharcourt / Contact Us Today For Your Corporate Registration / My Bank Account Has Been Frozen By Diamond Bank. Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.