Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead (26968 Views)

Photos From Military Accidental Jet Strike At IDP Camp In Borno / Nigerian Jet Drops Bomb On IDP Camp Mistakenly, Many Feared Dead / Analysis On Vanguard Published 'Crack In Militant Camp Widens' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2016
SOME militants were suspected to have lost their lives when troops of the Operation Delta Safe bombed a militant camp at Okosugbene Creek, along Burutu-Warri River, near Burutu, Delta State, with two fighter jets and about seven gun boats for nearly an hour on Thursday.

Reports from the area said that soldiers, who struck at about 6.00 am caught the militants unawares.

But while a source said it was an abandoned militant camp belonging to the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, another hinted that it was occupied by sea pirates.

Information about the casualties of yesterday’s attack was still unclear at the time of this report, but the raid caused tension among riverine dwellers. They ran helter-skelter at the sound of heavy gunshots.

Another informant, who spoke to Vanguard, said the militant camp is located at Lapala village, near Burutu.

However, a youth leader from Burutu community, who confirmed the attack, said: “I heard several gunshots on Thursday morning from the community.”

“From our findings, we discovered that the military had invaded the gathering of suspected militants, who had converged on the community in what could be likened to a militant camp.”

Shedding light on the raid, a senior operative of the Department of State Security, DSS, said: “There were intelligence reports that suspected militants are converging on the area.

“Troops from the Operation Safe Delta were drafted to engage the militants and dislodge the camp located at an area known as 9000 Junction,” he said.

At about 9.00 am, former chairman of Burutu community, Jonathan Ogodobiri, who spoke on phone, asserted: “There are no army troops within Burutu town but the entire waterways is under siege. There is a massive presence of army personnel patrolling the river as I speak with you.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/many-feared-dead-military-bombard-militant-camp-delta/

2 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2016
As a Niger Deltan, this is a welcome development. we had a clueless son at the helm of affairs for good six years who did nothing for our people.

I will urge the FG to stop all ongoing dialogue with this terrorist and deal with them decisively, they idio.ts can go on destroying the pipelines after all na our oil na we go suffer am.

bombard those morafuck.ers

lalasticlala

IPOB youths pls leave me out of ur senile hatred pls

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by JBismarck(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidoni but why?

Nice step, this will send jitters down the spine of those riff-raffs posing as militants. The ancient maxim goes "punish one, teach hundred".

5 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by lordm(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2016
Let this world just end abeg

1 Like

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by liloelawwal(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2016
they should go and bomb sambisa.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by modath(f): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2016
lordm:
Let this world just end abeg

Not yet abeg... I get one peppersoup wey dey freezer. cool

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Edwinmason(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2016
why will someone sacrifice his life for a lost course

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Nukualofa: 9:34am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:
As a Niger Deltan, this is a welcome development. we had a clueless son at the helm of affairs for good six years who did nothing for our people.

I will urge the FG to stop all ongoing dialogue with this terrorist and deal with them decisively, they idio.ts can go on destroying the pipelines after all na our oil na we go suffer am.

lalasticlala
Impostor

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Edwinmason(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2016
modath:

the peppersoup go reach two people?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Young03(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
na lie
video or ..

3 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
liloelawwal:
they should go and bomb sambisa.
Sharrrrrrrrrraaaaaaappppppppp their

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Young03(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2016
na lie
video or ..

2 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Nukualofa: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2016
modath:

How come you now avoid buhari economic recession topics now grin

You are hear because you heard they killed militant

Threads you are present in now are;

Nnamdi Kanu thread

PDP thread

Niger Delta Militants thread

Yoruba vs Igbo war thread

Any thread against PEJ

Threads you avoid are;

Tinubu Humiliation Thread

Buhari Incompetence Thread

Buhari Recession Thread

Igbos glory thread

Buhari induced Suicide thread.

P.S As long as the government refuse to dialogue with this militants then peace will remain elusive in ND

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by morbeta(m): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2016
Gradually the army is bringing it on. Tompolo and Co get ready to showcase ur combatants and skills.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by modath(f): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2016
Edwinmason:
the peppersoup go reach two people?

E go reach up to 10 sef... There is joy in sharing. smiley

1 Like

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Edwinmason(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2016
modath:

oya share my own cum
Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

lalasticlala

So they should bomb your people abi? Why? Because you are an outcast?
If you are 9jadeltan then you are cursed...

The government should kill your brothers and sisters and take your oil and enrich themselves and their familes while ignoring your polluted lands and destroying your waters?

Are you sure you are not mad?

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by GuyWise(m): 9:52am On Nov 25, 2016
[s]
Rikidony:
lalasticlala
[/s]
Afonja mind yourself.

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 10:06am On Nov 25, 2016
GuyWise:
[s][/s] Afonja mind yourself.
sharrapp

6 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Funlordjnr: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2016
tongue

Solid death!

Rest in stress muthafuckers......

2 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rose2014: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

lalasticlala

Yoruba always claiming Niger delta whenever issue of oppression of Niger delta is being discussed, to defend the status quo
If you're from Niger delta, I'm from Japan

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by ddippset(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2016
modath:

abeg na goat meat abi na kayan chiki?
Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rose2014: 10:14am On Nov 25, 2016
DDeliverer:

So they should bomb your people abi? Why? Because you are an outcast?
If you are 9jadeltan then you are cursed...

The government should kill your brothers and sisters and take your oil and enrich themselves and their familes while ignoring your polluted lands and destroying your waters?

Are you sure you are not mad?
So u even believe him You should know an impostor when u see one

20 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rose2014: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

shudafvck.
all the money that has been allocated to the region what has it been used for. how many project has the NDDC completed after a huge loads of allocation.

TALKING about polluted lands: isn't it the militant (NDA) who are to be blame for the chunk of the pollution.

Bro u are they cursed one here

You coukd've said these things without claiming ure from there

I was waiting to read you're from there again but u simply changed to environmental scientist grin

You people eh

15 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2016
Rose2014:

So u even believe him You should know an impostor when u see one

My dear don't mind me jare. ..I thought I was talking to a human being...

3 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2016
Rose2014:

Yoruba always claiming Niger delta whenever issue of oppression of Niger delta is being discussed, to defend the status quo
If you're from Niger delta, I'm from Japan

kid don't drag me into your usual acclaimed fight between afongas and ipob.

I am way above that, now run along

10 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rose2014: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

kid don't drag me into your usual acclaimed fight between afongas and ipob.

I am way above that, now run along

busted lol

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by bantudra: 10:20am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

lalasticlala

you people should move to lagos for the meanwhile..

let the military level the ol place with napalm..

move for the moment to lagos...

the operation is slowing down because if your citizens..

we know those militants are igbo origin not real deltans..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Linzo(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Rikidony:

lalasticlala
Stop Fo... oling your self you are not a Niger Deltan, we know our selves and we will continue to support Avengers and militantcy until the government do what is right in the region

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by Rikidony(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Rose2014:

You coukd've said these things without claiming ure from there

I was waiting to read you're from there again but u simply changed to environmental scientist grin

You people eh
my post are way above your limit comprehension.

go find your playmate

7 Likes

Re: Military Bombards Militant Camp In Delta, Many Feared Dead by bantudra: 10:21am On Nov 25, 2016
Nukualofa:
How come you now avoid buhari economic recession topics now grin

You are hear because you heard they killed militant

Threads you are present in now are;

Nnamdi Kanu thread

PDP thread

Niger Delta Militants thread

Yoruba vs Igbo war thread

Any thread against PEJ

Threads you avoid are;

Tinubu Humiliation Thread

Buhari Incompetence Thread

Buhari Recession Thread

Igbos glory thread

Buhari induced Suicide thread.

P.S As long as the government refuse to dialogue with this militants then peace will remain elusive in ND

we dont negotiate with terrorits...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mujahid Ibn: Asari Dokubo Celebrates 9th Birthday Of His Son (photos) / NANS Shuts MTN Kaduna, Benue Offices Over Xenophobia Attack In South Africa / Shettima To Nigerians: Be Prepared For Tough Time In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.