Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt (83727 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab / UNILAG Issues New Dress Code, Bans Mini Skirt And Tight Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Azeemokoya: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2016
The Law Development Centre in Uganda banned a young lady from attending lectures for dressing in a mini – skirt as shown in the picture above. The law student identified as Joanine Nanyange, took to Facebook on Wednesday to protest against the unfair treatment she received from the security officers at the centre’s gate.

According to the victim, she said the officer explained that her skirt will distract the boys in her class and make them not concentrate.

Read her full post below…

Today, dressed like this, I went to the Law Development Centre to attend classes. Unlike all other days, I saw two women seated right outside the Centre’s gate, one dressed in a Khaki Police uniform. It was an unusual sight and I thought there was something or someone epic on campus. I got off the boda boda and walked towards the gate. The uniformed woman flagged me down and being the law abiding citizen that I am, I stopped. She asked me to pull my skirt down to see how far down it could go. I burst into laughter. Her request didn’t make sense. She insisted, quite seriously. I told her that was the farthest my skirt could go and there was no need to pull it. The other woman, ever with a very satisfied grin, told me I could not access the campus because my skirt was not long enough for LDC standards. I was shocked. Yes. Shocked. Seeing the bewilderment on my face, the two women laboured to explain. Apparently, skirts like mine attract the boys and men that we study with and bar them from concentrating. So they could not be allowed!!!!!!

During induction week, the Deputy Director of the Centre, a woman, told us we shouldn’t wear clothes that distract ‘our brothers’ most of whom are married. I posted about it here. When I got the so-called rules of LDC, I read the section about dress-code and it’s ridiculous. They even prescribe the colour of socks that men should wear! Having dealt with Ugandan systems, including courts which should know better, I know that until something directly affects you, you are not allowed to complain about it. This far, these rules have not been implemented. Now that they have, I am allowed to complain.

A few years ago, 2014 to be specific, Parliament was debating a law that was dubbed the ‘mini-skirt Bill’ for its apparent prohibition of mini-skirts. As would be expected, the Bill caused an uproar among opponents and proponents alike. On one side, there was anger about the ridiculousness of the law along with its discriminatory and sexist undertones; while on the other side there was excitement over the law’s presentation of fertile ground to ridicule and dehumanise women just for the fun of it. Activists stood up against the law and some of these provisions were removed. But the damage was done. Women had been attacked. Women had been beaten. Women had been undressed. We were livid...

Read more at: http://www.jalupon.com/lady-protests-after-she-was-banned-from-attending-classes-for-wearing-mini-skirt/#more-6328

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by general111(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
grin ;Dabrg I dey hungry,who get food for here?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by ajokebelle(f): 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2016
The skirt is okay.
I dont see anything wrong in it, this is not mini skirt sef.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Mrjo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2016
In every game u hav to play by the rules, as 4 me nt bad bt 4 them nt allowed.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Azeemokoya: 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
Still decent tho

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Sharon6(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Na wa o. There's nothing wrong with the skirt now.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by auntysimbiat(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
LOL

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by TINALETC3(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
Young lady, obey dia law

10 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by midehi2(f): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
hian! how come

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
Any man that is attracted by that skirt should be dragged by the balls and be given the beating of His life undecided

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by ammyluv2002(f): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
She's decently dressed now! Make they come 9ja universities see wetin dem dey call mini skirt

25 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by dangotesmummy: 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lustful and perverted men everywhere undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by ojialo(m): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
ajokebelle:
The skirt is okay. I dont see anything wrong in it, this is not mini skirt sef.
Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by AkupeMBANO(m): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
make them go UNILAG go see tinz.. Mtcheww

7 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
diz means nigerian institutions are gommorrah and sodom wannabe..lol...no comment..abeg someone attach me dat jose mourinho meme..
Azeemokoya:
The Law Development Centre in Uganda banned a young lady from attending lectures for dressing in a mini – skirt as shown in the picture above. The law student identified as Joanine Nanyange, took to Facebook on Wednesday to protest against the unfair treatment she received from the security officers at the centre’s gate.

According to the victim, she said the officer explained that her skirt will distract the boys in her class and make them not concentrate.

Read her full post below…

Today, dressed like this, I went to the Law Development Centre to attend classes. Unlike all other days, I saw two women seated right outside the Centre’s gate, one dressed in a Khaki Police uniform. It was an unusual sight and I thought there was something or someone epic on campus. I got off the boda boda and walked towards the gate. The uniformed woman flagged me down and being the law abiding citizen that I am, I stopped. She asked me to pull my skirt down to see how far down it could go. I burst into laughter. Her request didn’t make sense. She insisted, quite seriously. I told her that was the farthest my skirt could go and there was no need to pull it. The other woman, ever with a very satisfied grin, told me I could not access the campus because my skirt was not long enough for LDC standards. I was shocked. Yes. Shocked. Seeing the bewilderment on my face, the two women laboured to explain. Apparently, skirts like mine attract the boys and men that we study with and bar them from concentrating. So they could not be allowed!!!!!!

During induction week, the Deputy Director of the Centre, a woman, told us we shouldn’t wear clothes that distract ‘our brothers’ most of whom are married. I posted about it here. When I got the so-called rules of LDC, I read the section about dress-code and it’s ridiculous. They even prescribe the colour of socks that men should wear! Having dealt with Ugandan systems, including courts which should know better, I know that until something directly affects you, you are not allowed to complain about it. This far, these rules have not been implemented. Now that they have, I am allowed to complain.

A few years ago, 2014 to be specific, Parliament was debating a law that was dubbed the ‘mini-skirt Bill’ for its apparent prohibition of mini-skirts. As would be expected, the Bill caused an uproar among opponents and proponents alike. On one side, there was anger about the ridiculousness of the law along with its discriminatory and sexist undertones; while on the other side there was excitement over the law’s presentation of fertile ground to ridicule and dehumanise women just for the fun of it. Activists stood up against the law and some of these provisions were removed. But the damage was done. Women had been attacked. Women had been beaten. Women had been undressed. We were livid...

Read more at: http://www.jalupon.com/lady-protests-after-she-was-banned-from-attending-classes-for-wearing-mini-skirt/#more-6328

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Lezzjnr: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
The backwardness of a country. Skirt is ok. Girl won't give me an erêction even if she were nakêd.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
My preek just kick,it's very seductive cos now I'm thinking her puna must be dang good that's why she's hiding it

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
Hmm
Smh for the poster above...
You need deliverance.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Oluwayeezy: 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
probably got the longest skirt in her wardrobe and took a snapshot to justify her claims.
don't believe this is skirt she actually wore

9 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Desdola(m): 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
The skirt am seeing is not bad

3 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Ferdinandu(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
The School must be owned by deeper life branch in Uganda.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by noble71(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
eyea. but the skirt is not bad nah

3 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Genea(f): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mum saw my skirt(above the knee) and asked if that's wah I wear to class and I'm like ma this one is even too long for some of my course mates biko u beta accept this one as e never reach lap (not that it wud anyways). Ain't a bad gal oooo grin grin but if u want to be tempted b my guest.... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by ayodejijoshua(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
her outfit is nt bad nah

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Lezzjnr:
The backwardness of a country. Skirt is ok. Girl won't give me an erêction even if she were naked.

You need ponkrinyon grin.

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Sicario3074: 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Do dey even know d definition of mini

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by mengho(m): 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2016
Yes woh, dis na haram, woman must cover up, I will cite one of my future companies in Uganda by d grace of God, me love dis kind laws, dis mini skirt law must also be phast a jihar nijeriya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by zero8zero(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
If you are not satisfied, kindly find your way to Kenya..
Truth is mine*

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by obaival(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
Still lukin 4 d attraction, all i can see s a woman lukin like Rochas okorocha primary teacher angry

6 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by Eruditerichy(m): 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2016
LOL,NAWA OOO. SO THIS IS THE KIND OF SKIRT THAT ATTRACTS UGANDA PEOPLE.LET THEM COME TO NIGERIA THE GIRL WILL BE APOLOGIZED TO

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lady Banned From Attending Classes For Wearing Mini-skirt by zinachidi(m): 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2016
justscorchone:
My preek just kick,it's very seductive cos now I'm thinking her puna must be dang good that's why she's hiding it

33 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Secondary School Students Kiss And Smooch After Writing Final Exams (PHOTOS / 7 English Words Nigerians Use Everyday Which Don't Exist. / Maduafokwa Agnes Egoagwuagwu 365 JAMB Score: Highest In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.