Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) (7329 Views)

The Edict Of Sultan Muhammad Ibn Qalawun Regarding Ibn Taymiyyah / Is The Basmalah (بِسْمِ اللهِ) An Actual Verse Of Al Fatiah Or Not? / Muhammad Ibn Ali Ibn Muhammad Al-taa'i Al-andalusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2016
Salaam alaykum brothers and sisters, although this topic brings alot of controversies, it's still a must to know for those that really wants to worship Allaah.

So the topic is, "nullifiers of Islam" yani we want discuss the things that nullifies our Islam, things that takes you outta Islam.

Insha Allaah we are going to depend on the writing of shaykhul Islam Muhammad ibn AbdulWahhab ibn salaymaan At-Tamimi – may Allaah be pleased with him

Note: My comments will be emboldened

The shaykh said;

(you have to) know that the nullifiers of Islam are Ten.

#Firstly: Shirk(associating partners) while worshipping Allaah the most high, Allaah the most high says;

"Verily, Allaah does not forgive that partners be associated with Him in worship (i.e. Shirk), but He forgives what is less than that to whom He wills.”

Now here we see that Allaah forgives all sins except shirk, the forgiveness being discussed here is that of the hereafter after you are dead, but if you seek forgiveness and worship Allaah alone before dying, then you will be forgiven, which is why tawheed is very important, once your deeds are checked and a single shirk cant be found therein, WAllaahi if Allaah wills(because Allaah says "li man yashaa''), he will forgive All your sins even if it fills the whole of this universe, so we have to study tawheed properly

And He says:

"Verily, the one who mixes partners in worship with Allaah (Shirk), then Paradise has been made forbidden for him and his final abode will be the Hellfire. And the wrongdoers will not have any helpers (in Hell).”

Then the shaykh continues and says;

"Part of that which falls into this(shirk) is performing sacrifices to someone other than Allaah, such as the person who offers a sacrifice to the Jinn or to(the dead in) a grave.

#secondly: Whoever sets intermediaries between himself and Allaah, calling on them, asking for intersession from them and putting their trust on them is a kaafir(disbeliever) by ijma'(consensus of the scholars)."

The deviant sufis and shi'as are guilty of this, some sufis call on their "mawlana" or "saints" to intercede for them to Allaah, this is an act of kufr, Allaah says "Call upon me and I will respond to you", so you don't need intermediaries, this is one of the ways the christians have erred, calling upon Jesus so he can ask "the father" a favor for them, the Shi'as on the other hand call on Ali, Hussayn all in the name of "tawassul"(seeking to near Allaah through some ways), but they are doing it in the wrong way

The shaykh continues;

#thirdly: If you don't take mushrikoon(people that associate partners with Allaah) as kuffar(plural of kaafir) or you have (a single) doubt about their disbelieve or you (even) believe that their way is correct, he has disbelieved.

A perfect example is some Muslims saying "we all worship the same God, both Muslims and Christians" la! Abadan! We don't worship the same God even though we all have the same Lord

Cc: Sissie

To be continued

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by carinmom(f): 5:13pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jazakallah khayran, may Allah reward you for this wonderful reminder.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
The shaykhs continues;

#Fourthly: "Whoever believes with certainty in his heart that there is a complete guidance which is way better and more complete than the guidance of our prophet(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), or there is a judgement better than that of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), such as the ones who prefers the judgements of the deities(false), then he is a disbeliever."

This is self explanatory, this (the point) is one of the reasons why we should be staunch followers of the sunnah of Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam)

Ibn AbdulWahhab continues;

#Fifthly : Whoever resents something that the Messenger came with, even though he may act on it, has disbelieved.

For instance, the prophet made polygamy permissible for Muslims, then you hate it or talk ill of it, then you are threading a dangerous path .

The shaykh continues;

#Sixthly: Whoever mocks or ridicules any part of the Messenger’s Religion or its rewards or punishments has committed an act of disbelief. The proof for this is Allaah’s statement:

“Say: ‘Was it Allaah and His verses and His Messenger that you were mocking? Make no excuses, you have disbelieved after having had faith.”

in essense, if you see a sunnah you cant practice out of your whims and desires, dont mock people that carry out this sunnah, because the outcome wont be nice

#Seventhly: Magic, which includes magic spells that cause a person to hate something he seeks after, or love something he doesn’t seek after (such as love portion effects). So whoever performs it or is pleased with it being done, has committed disbelief. The daleel(proof) for this is Allaah’s statement:

“And neither of these two (angels) would teach anyone(magic) until they had first said to them: ‘We are only a trial (for the people), so do not commit disbelief."

To be continued

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
The shaykh continues;

Eighthly : Supporting and assisting the mushrikoon against the Muslims. The proof for this is Allaah’s statement:

“And whoever amongst you takes them (i.e. the disbelievers) as allies and protectors then he is indeed from among them. Verily, Allaah does not guide a wrong-doing people.”

The bottom line of this is that, do not help a mushrik against your brother

Shaykul Islam then says;

#Ninthly: Whoever believes that it is permitted for some people to be free of (carrying out) the Sharee’ah (laws revealed to) Muhammad, just as it was permitted for Al-Khidr to be free from the Sharee’ah of Musa – peace and blessing upon him, then he is a disbeliever.

some of the deviant sufis are guilty of this, some believe that their "mawlana" have reached a certain stage that they don't need to pray or fast and so on, "audhubillaahi an akoona minal jaahileen(i seek the protection of Allaah from being one of the ignorants)" ~ Nabi Musa

Then the shaykh said;

#Tenthly: Turning away from Allaah’s Religion, not learning it or implementing it(is an act of disbelief). The proof for this is Allaah’s saying:

“And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the ayaat (signs/verses) of his Lord, then turns away from them. Verily, We shall extract retribution from the criminals.”

Whenever we are being told about the verses Allaah, we shouldn't turn away, we should make sure we learn about the deen of Allaah, not only learning, but implementing it

Then the shaykh concludes that;

"There is no difference, with regard to (falling into) these nullifiers, between the one who jokes, the one who is serious or the one who does so out of fear. The one who commits them due to being coerced (is excused). All of these (ten) matters are from the gravest in danger and from those that most often occur. So the Muslim must beware of them and fear from these acts befalling him. We seek refuge in Allaah from those things that bring about His Anger and painful Punishment. May the peace and blessing be on the best of His creatures, Muhammad(sallaalllaahu alayhi wa sallam)"

Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatulallaahi wa barakaatuhu

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
carinmom:
Jazakallah khayran, may Allah reward you for this wonderful reminder.

Wa anti fajakillaah khayran katheera!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2016
Contact17:
Jazakallahu Khiran

wa anti fajazakillaah khayran katheera!
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Demmzy15(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, a very nice piece! cheesy

Meanwhile,

ShiaMuslim and footsoldiers, about to storm the thread like...... angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by spyroxy1(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Jazakallah khairan brother.

You have done beautifully well. May Allah reward you accordingly. amin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by pmc01(m): 11:35am On Dec 16, 2016
Demmzy15:
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, a very nice piece! cheesy

Meanwhile,

ShiaMuslim and footsoldiers, about to storm the thread like...... angry

gringringrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by pmc01(m): 11:36am On Dec 16, 2016
Wa 'alaykumus salam warahmotuLLah wabarokatu. JazakaLLahukhayr
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by grownaira: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2016
JazaakarRahman
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by usmanktg2(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
It is so pathetic how some people will be advertising their aqeeda on a general forum like this, just because they are Moderators.

The deviant sufis and shi'as are guilty of this

It is highly pathetic to see the OP calling other muslims deviant just because they are not of the same creed. This post broke the following rules.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).
7. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Nairaland.

If the OP really wanted to preach something good:

1. Why must you call other muslims deviant?
2. Why must you advertise your Creed?
3. Why must you advertise your Shaykh, Abdulwahab.

You can pass the message without all these, I am No SHIA, but this is the truth, take it or leave it.

I hope you will look into this matter, Mr Seun.

10 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by cyojunior1(m): 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
Exaxtly my point also thou but I felt commenting on this bias post is nt sequential. Hw would this be on the Fp ? Is it to promote wahabism n to belittle SUNNI suffi n shia'ism ?

3 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by blantyre: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
Is not that there is nothing good to be derived from the Sheikh's words, after all what is quoted are verses from the Holy Quran but his explanations are laced with bias ofcourse. This man's name has come to be synonymous with wahabism and its numerous negative effects on the Umma. Acts of terrorism carried out in the name of Islam are attributed to the teachings of this man, hence the name wahabism, that violent strand of Islam financed by Saudi monarchs and followed by the ignorant ones to fight for the survival of the house of Sa'ud using religion and at the expense of the religion

7 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by aztvseries: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
Why can't we all live in peace
Sunni,salafi,shia and sufi
Get your TV series download for free on [url]aztvseries.com[/url]

2 Likes

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Fundamentalist: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
This made my day cool . may Allah reward you

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
spyroxy1:
Jazakallah khairan brother.

You have done beautifully well. May Allah reward you accordingly. amin

ameen
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
Fundamentalist:
This made my day cool . may Allah reward you

Ameen and may He reward you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by mustymatic(m): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
usmanktg2:
It is so pathetic how some people will be advertising their aqeeda on a general forum like this, just because they are Moderators.

It is highly pathetic to see the OP calling other muslims deviant just because they are not of the same creed. This post broke the following rules.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).
7. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Nairaland.

If the OP really wanted to preach something good:

1. Why must you call other muslims deviant?
2. Why must you advertise your Creed?
3. Why must you advertise your Shaykh, Abdulwahab.

You can pass the message without all these, I am No SHIA, but this is the truth, take it or leave it.

I hope you will look into this matter, Mr Seun.
But he said some of them and you know it's correct
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by bankyman(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
The write up is very nice and thought provoking... But OP kindly desist from name calling and sorts... please pass the message and that should do. Like in the sermon I listened to today, Muslims have a whole lot in common to share and be happy with rather than disagree over miniature ones. Some of the messages in the write up indicate things that may lead us out of Islam and walk one to Jahanama but make reference to the point and let those who it affects change their heart.... As nice as the write-up it could lead to war of words and if anyone should say something offensive to Allah, OP kindly exercise caution.

Jazak' Allahu Khaeran
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by shawl: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Whoever sets intermediaries between himself and Allaah, calling on them, asking for intersession from them ...this is an act of kufr
...so you don't need intermediaries, this is one of the ways the christians have erred, calling upon Jesus ...

Well it is your word against the Holy Qur'an:

We sent not the Messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come to the Messenger and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had (also) asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.(Al-Qur'an, Surah an-Nisa, 4:64)

0 those who believe, fear Allah and seek the wasilah (means) of nearness to Him ...
Quran 5 35

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by shawl: 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Whoever sets intermediaries between himself and Allaah, calling on them, asking for intersession from them ...this is an act of kufr
...so you don't need intermediaries, this is one of the ways the christians have erred, calling upon Jesus ...

And it is your words against the hadith too.

The Hadith states: It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah,
accept his intercession concerning me)".

References

Ibn Majah transmitted it in his Sunan, book of Iqamat al-salat wa al-sunnat (establishing prayer and its sunnahs)[Page 197, Hadith No#1385)
In Sunnan Ibn Majah then it says: Imam Abu Ishaaq (rah) said: This hadith is "SAHIH"
Tirmidhi in al-Jami-us-sahih, book of da‘awat (supplications) ch.119 (5:569#3578) where he declared it "HASAN SAHIH GHARIB"
Nasa'i, ‘Amal-ul-yawm wal-laylah (p.417#658-659)
Ahmad bin Hambal in his Musnad (4:138 #17246-17247)
Hakim, al-Mustadrak (1:313,519) where he declared it "SAHIH"
Imam Bukhari, Book : Tareekh Ul Kabeer Volume : 6 page : 209 Biography number : 2192
Abd Bin Humaid Book : Al Musnad Volume : 1 Page : 308 Hadith number : 379
Ibn e Khuzimah, Book: Sahi Ibn e Khuzimah Chapter : Salat At Targheeb Wat Tarheeb
(527) Volume : 2 Page : 225 Hadith number : 1219

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by AmeerahFKI(f): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
Masha Allah, well said op. Ya Allah, Ihdinas siratal mustaqeem.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by adejaresalami1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
aztvseries:
Why can't we all live in peace
Sunni,salafi,shia and sufi
Get your TV series download for free on [url]aztvseries.com[/url]
We cannot live in peace cause Allah has ordered Muslim to strive hard against the hypocrites and the enemy of islam.

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
shawl:

Well it is your word against the Holy Qur'an:

We sent not the Messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come to the Messenger and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had (also) asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.(Al-Qur'an, Surah an-Nisa, 4:64)

0 those who believe, fear Allah and seek the wasilah (means) of nearness to Him ...
Quran 5 35

does waseela here means calling on the prophet who is already in the state of barzakh? or calling on the dead or some other creatures of Allaah in order to get close to Allaah, is that waseela permitted in the shariah?
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by adejaresalami1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
My friend go and sit down all of ur daleel are baseless and chaos

May Allah reward u @op...Dawah is, without doubt, a distinctive trait of this ummah – a distinctive characteristic of the folowers of Prophet Muhammad.
shawl:

The Hadith states: It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah,

References

Ibn Majah transmitted it in his Sunan, book of Iqamat al-salat wa al-sunnat (establishing prayer and its sunnahs)[Page 197, Hadith No#1385)
In Sunnan Ibn Majah then it says: Imam Abu Ishaaq (rah) said: This hadith is "SAHIH"
Tirmidhi in al-Jami-us-sahih, book of da‘awat (supplications) ch.119 (5:569#3578) where he declared it "HASAN SAHIH GHARIB"
Imam Bukhari, Book : Tareekh Ul Kabeer Volume : 6 page : 209 Biography number : 2192
Ibn e Khuzimah, Book: Sahi Ibn e Khuzimah Chapter : Salat At Targheeb Wat Tarheeb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by transient123(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
shawl:

References

Permit me to ask you to elucidate on these your references in consonance with the Op 's reference. Do you mean there are intercessors or not, based on your quotes. Will be glad you reply?

Salam alaykum.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
shawl:

References

so now that the prophet is in the state of barzakh you still call on him? call on him for help? We say this daily اياك نعبد و اياك نستعين

only Allaah we do isti'ana(seek help) from.
Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by skies(m): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
Wahhabism is the root of terrorism. All his preaching are based on hatred, beheading and death. He is the single reasons people hate us as Muslims. His average follower is a potential terrorist because they see every other people of other faith as deviant whose blood is lawful. I wish Muslims wake up one day and scrutinise all the work and books of this man

1 Like

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by shawl: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
transient123:

Permit me to ask you to elucidate on these your references in consonance with the Op 's reference. Do you mean there are intercessors or not, based on your quotes. Will be glad you reply?

Salam alaykum.

Yes, there are intercessors my brother.

lexiconkabir:

does waseela here means calling on the prophet who is already in the state of barzakh? or calling on the dead or some other creatures of Allaah in order to get close to Allaah, is that waseela permitted in the shariah?

The waseela of the prophet subsists when he is in this world, in al barzakh, and in the hereafter, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam.

It comes in the Holy Qur'an:

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
Surat Al-'Anbya' (21:107)

Note: 'aalameen (more than two worlds) instead of 'aalamayn (two worlds) is used in this ayat. Thus the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, has been a mercy on to us in the world that we were before creation, in this world and in the hereafter. And since this world is still in existence, then his being a mercy from Allahu ta'ala on to us continues to subsist.

From hadith:

Translation: Imam Tabrani has narrated an incident that a person repeatedly visited Uthman bin Affan (ra) concerning something he needed but Uthman paid no attention to him. The man went to Uthman bin Hunaif (ra), the same sahaba who witnessed the first event when the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, was alive in this world and complained to him about the matter- [Note: this was after the death of the Prophet and after the caliphates of Abu Bakr and Umar ] so Uthman bin Hunaif said : “Go to the place of Wudu, then come to the Masjid, perform two Rak'ats and then say : “O Allah!, I ask you and turn to you through our
Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I turn through you to my lord, that He fulfil my need” and mention your need. Then come so that I can go with you [to the caliph Uthman] So the man left and did as he had been told, then went to the door of Uthman ibn Affan (Allah be pleased with him), and the doorman came, took him by the hand, brought him to Uthman ibn Affan, and seated him next to him on a cushion. 'Uthman asked, "What do you need?" and the man mentioned what he wanted, and Uthman accomplished it for him ...(till the end of hadith)

References:

Imam al-Mundhiri (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" and said: Imam Tabarani after narrating it said "THIS HADITH IS SAHIH" [At-Targheeb wa Tarheeb, Page No. 129 in the chapter of Salaat al Hajah]

Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam As Sagheer Volume : 1 Page : 306-307 Hadith number : 508
Note: Imam Tabrani, after narrating the hadith usually doesn't say anything but in this case he specifically says it is "Sahih"
Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam Al Kabeer Volume : 9 page : 17-19 Hadith number : 8311

Imam al-Haythami (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" also accepted the authentication of Imam Tabrani in his Majma az Zawaid Volume No. 2, Hadith # 3668

Imam Bayhaqi Book : Dalail An nubuwwah Volume : 6 Page : 167-168
Imam Taqi ud Din Subki brought this under the chapter: "AFTER PASSING AWAY OF PROPHET" and also quotes Imam Bayhaqi in the end, Book : Shia As Siqam Volume : 1 Page : 370-372

Ibn Taymiyyah declared it "SAHIH" in his Qa'ida al Jaleela fit Tawassul wal Waseela (Page No. 156)

From tafsir Ibn Katheer:

Translation: Jama'at (Many scholars) have stated this tradition. One of them is Abu Mansur al-Sabbagh who writes in his book Al-Shamil Al-Hikayat-ul-mashhurah that, according to ‘Utbi, once he was sitting beside the Prophet’s grave when a bedouin came and he said, “Peace be on you, O Allah’s Messenger. I have heard that Allah says: ‘(O beloved!) And if they had come to you, when they had wronged their souls, and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger also had asked
forgiveness for them, they (on the basis of this means and intercession) would have surely found Allah the Granter of repentance, extremely Merciful.’ I have come to you, asking forgiveness for my sins and I make you as my intermediary before my Lord and I have come to you for this purpose.” Then he recited these verses: “O, the most exalted among the buried people who improved the worth of the plains and the hillocks! May I sacrifice my life for this grave which is made radiant by you,
(the Prophet,) the one who is (an embodiment) of mercy and forgiveness.” Then the bedouin went away and I fell asleep. In my dream I saw the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him). He said to me: O ‘Utbi, the bedouin is right, go and give him the good news that Allah has forgiven his sins.

[Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'an al-azim Volume 004, Page No. 140, Under the
Verse 4:64]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nullifiers Of Islam – Shaykhul Islam Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahhab(رحمه الله) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
shawl:

Yes, there are intercessors my brother.

The waseela of the prophet subsists when he is in this world, in al barzakh, and in the hereafter, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam.

It comes in the Holy Qur'an:

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds.
Surat Al-'Anbya' (21:107)

Note: 'aalameen (more than two worlds) instead of 'aalamayn (two worlds) is used in this ayat. Thus the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, has been a mercy on to us in the world that we were before creation, in this world and in the hereafter. And since this world is still in existence, then his being a mercy from Allahu ta'ala on to us continues to subsist.

From hadith:

Translation: Imam Tabrani has narrated an incident that a person repeatedly visited Uthman bin Affan (ra) concerning something he needed but Uthman paid no attention to him. The man went to Uthman bin Hunaif (ra), the same sahaba who witnessed the first event when the prophet, sallAllahu alayhi wasallam, was alive in this world and complained to him about the matter- [Note: this was after the death of the Prophet and after the caliphates of Abu Bakr and Umar ] so Uthman bin Hunaif said : “Go to the place of Wudu, then come to the Masjid, perform two Rak'ats and then say : “O Allah!, I ask you and turn to you through our
Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I turn through you to my lord, that He fulfil my need” and mention your need. Then come so that I can go with you [to the caliph Uthman] So the man left and did as he had been told, then went to the door of Uthman ibn Affan (Allah be pleased with him), and the doorman came, took him by the hand, brought him to Uthman ibn Affan, and seated him next to him on a cushion. 'Uthman asked, "What do you need?" and the man mentioned what he wanted, and Uthman accomplished it for him ...(till the end of hadith)

References:

Imam al-Mundhiri (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" and said: Imam Tabarani after narrating it said "THIS HADITH IS SAHIH" [At-Targheeb wa Tarheeb, Page No. 129 in the chapter of Salaat al Hajah]

Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam As Sagheer Volume : 1 Page : 306-307 Hadith number : 508
Note: Imam Tabrani, after narrating the hadith usually doesn't say anything but in this case he specifically says it is "Sahih"
Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam Al Kabeer Volume : 9 page : 17-19 Hadith number : 8311

Imam al-Haythami (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" also accepted the authentication of Imam Tabrani in his Majma az Zawaid Volume No. 2, Hadith # 3668

Imam Bayhaqi Book : Dalail An nubuwwah Volume : 6 Page : 167-168
Imam Taqi ud Din Subki brought this under the chapter: "AFTER PASSING AWAY OF PROPHET" and also quotes Imam Bayhaqi in the end, Book : Shia As Siqam Volume : 1 Page : 370-372

Ibn Taymiyyah declared it "SAHIH" in his Qa'ida al Jaleela fit Tawassul wal Waseela (Page No. 156)

From tafsir Ibn Katheer:

Translation: Jama'at (Many scholars) have stated this tradition. One of them is Abu Mansur al-Sabbagh who writes in his book Al-Shamil Al-Hikayat-ul-mashhurah that, according to ‘Utbi, once he was sitting beside the Prophet’s grave when a bedouin came and he said, “Peace be on you, O Allah’s Messenger. I have heard that Allah says: ‘(O beloved!) And if they had come to you, when they had wronged their souls, and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger also had asked
forgiveness for them, they (on the basis of this means and intercession) would have surely found Allah the Granter of repentance, extremely Merciful.’ I have come to you, asking forgiveness for my sins and I make you as my intermediary before my Lord and I have come to you for this purpose.” Then he recited these verses: “O, the most exalted among the buried people who improved the worth of the plains and the hillocks! May I sacrifice my life for this grave which is made radiant by you,
(the Prophet,) the one who is (an embodiment) of mercy and forgiveness.” Then the bedouin went away and I fell asleep. In my dream I saw the Holy Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him). He said to me: O ‘Utbi, the bedouin is right, go and give him the good news that Allah has forgiven his sins.

[Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'an al-azim Volume 004, Page No. 140, Under the
Verse 4:64]

I'm certain imam Albaani replied to the hadeeth in question, in his book that talked about the legislated tawassul when I'm less busy, i will post it, insha Allaah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The World Of Jinn -II / Jinn: Lifting Spell / Position Of Muslims On Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.