Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net (38942 Views)

9 Authors Who Regret Getting Famous / Top 8 Greatest Famous Nigerian Heroes And Heroines Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by sassiemyk: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2016
"The Mystery Of The Ages" by George W. Armstrong was also banned in American for 70years.

The Seven Books Of Moses was also banned in England.

Luckily I've read all the banned books and I saw absolutely nothing in them.

Even the "Bible" was banned in many lands in d past yet I read it daily... I love reading banned books, there lies the knowledge we seek.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Genea(f): 7:17am On Nov 26, 2016
Smallville10:
I never read anyone...
Lalasticlala oya come work
I read Alice in wonderland and animal farm. Both are interesting try reading them
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2016
olaskul:
Aside Alice in wonderland which other one Famous

Are you kidding me? You never heard of the controversial Da Vinci Code? You didn't read Animal Farm in school?

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by bist: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2016
"Satanic Verses", interested in this book. Any clue on how to get it?
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by UniqueGem(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2016
Lilimax:
Most Nigerians are poor readers!This topic may be meaningless to them... tongue My Boss in the office usually say; if you want to hide a thing from a Nigerian, put it in a book cos he or she will not read it embarassed
Your boss is citing a famous quote. Don't start seeing him as a genie.

5 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by FOLLEY20(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2016
This is good & historically educative. THANKS
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Btruth: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2016
"Godfather" by Mario Puzo too should be banned.

grin

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Otitemmanu: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2016
OK
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by dimssy(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
Lilimax:
Most Nigerians are poor readers!This topic may be meaningless to them... tongue My Boss in the office usually say; if you want to hide a thing from a Nigerian, put it in a book cos he or she will not read it embarassed
I totally disagree with that old mindset...
Nigerians are readers

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by elopee3000(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! You mean the farce of a book filled with the most subjective mainstream misconceptions of the infidels which is available for free online and on amazon? Muslims scared of reading that pile of winnits? Do you know how many times a clueless plonker thought he wrote a book that will supress islam? Small fry its impossible. Unlike christianity whose very whole book, the funny bible is its undoing!
muslims copy from tora and bible yet ur mocking christians there is nothing like muhammed in the bible like in the bible arabs re children of Ishmael bible told us that they will be fighting each other till the world end and look at it today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Kdon2: 7:34am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! You mean the farce of a book filled with the most subjective mainstream misconceptions of the infidels which is available for free online and on amazon? Muslims scared of reading that pile of winnits? Do you know how many times a clueless plonker thought he wrote a book that will supress islam? Small fry its impossible. Unlike christianity whose very whole book, the funny bible is its undoing!

Remember all the stories in the quran were about Jews n not even arabs just as we have in the Bible! So mechonu!
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by NaLaugh: 7:39am On Nov 26, 2016
The South African ban on Black Beauty is pretty funny. Apartheid was brutal.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by serikiYCU(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Lmao! The joke is on you. Muslims all ober the world are nauseating over that book. I'm pretty sure the writer will be receiving hundreds of death threats daily as is the nature of all Muslims. Terrorists, like your prophet Mohammed.

What has this topic got to do with muslims? You like causing unnecessary hatred and bigotry. Why not learn to respect others and what they stands for

3 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 26, 2016
Omudia11:
Lmao! The joke is on you. Muslims all ober the world are nauseating over that book. I'm pretty sure the writer will be receiving hundreds of death threats daily as is the nature of all Muslims. Terrorists, like your prophet Mohammed.

Lol! I've read it, I found it laughable. Just another subjective pile of stupidity written by a jew. The question is have you? Do you have the intellect to read objectively? If so have you read the bible?

3 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 26, 2016
Kdon2:

Remember all the stories in the quran were about Jews n not even arabs just as we have in the Bible! So mechonu!

You've never read the Quran small fry have you?

1 Like

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 26, 2016
Let me book space here, then search for the books one by one, download them and start enriching my soul!
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 26, 2016
elopee3000:
muslims copy from tora and bible yet ur mocking christians there is nothing like muhammed in the bible like in the bible arabs re children of Ishmael bible told us that they will be fighting each other till the world end and look at it today

Yes! And jews have been living peacefully ever since then yeah? You fall for jewish propaganda, jews who find you absolutely stuupid for worshipping a human who shit shat bled and cried like a baby. How do you exolain rejecting a prophets child who the bible specified was legitimate since his mother married Abraham?

The Quran corrected the torah and bible. It did not copy it.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Onyenna(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2016
Edwinmason:
what about "the people vs muhammed" the book all muslims are scared of reading

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by gameboyo: 8:00am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! You mean the farce of a book filled with the most subjective mainstream misconceptions of the infidels which is available for free online and on amazon? Muslims scared of reading that pile of winnits? Do you know how many times a clueless plonker thought he wrote a book that will supress islam? Small fry its impossible. Unlike christianity whose very own book, the funny bible is its undoing!

And wat do u call the ur Koran which u tried copy cating the Bible but failed woefully
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by NCP: 8:00am On Nov 26, 2016
Animal Farm Da Vinci Code Alice in Wonderland Satanic Verses.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by alBHAGDADI: 8:02am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

The book expose your Quran for what it is - a terror manual.
Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by wayne4loan: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! You mean the farce of a book filled with the most subjective mainstream misconceptions of the infidels which is available for free online and on amazon? Muslims scared of reading that pile of winnits? Do you know how many times a clueless plonker thought he wrote a book that will supress islam? Small fry its impossible. Unlike christianity whose very own book, the funny bible is its undoing!
is it true that mohammed was a pedophile ?

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2016
wayne4loan:
is it true that mohammed was a pedophile ?

Is it true that joseph was a pedophile. Is it true your god was a pedophile?

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Edwinmason(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2016
Leiman100:
since is not ban by any muslim country shows that muslims don't regard it as posing any threat. Get sense.
saudi arabia,iran and other moslem country with over 90% muslims ban that book.,..receive sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
The book expose your Quran for what it is - a terror manual.

Point of view of the subjective mind of a naive jew.

3 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by alBHAGDADI: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Yes! And jews have been living peacefully ever since then yeah? You fall for jewish propaganda, jews who find you absolutely stuupid for worshipping a human who shit shat bled and cried like a baby. How do you exolain rejecting a prophets child who the bible specified was legitimate since his mother married Abraham?

The Quran corrected the torah and bible. It did not copy it.
What an illiterate and brainwashed fellow.

How can a photocopy and plagiarist Quran be original than the ORIGINAL books it copied?

Do you know that the old testament existed over 1000yrs before the Mohammed was born, and the Bible entirely was compiled 500yrs before the Quran? Yet, you believe they are wrong but the newcommer called Quran, which plagiarised them, is the right book. Mugu grin

Pls, stop swallowing the trash your cunning Imams dish out to you in your mosques.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2016
gameboyo:

And wat do u call the ur Koran which u tried copy cating the Bible but failed woefully

The Quran corrected your funny book and its gross errors. Theres a difference.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by wayne4loan: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

typical islamic nitwit ... U asked them a question they start talking thrash.

2 Likes

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by kabrud: 8:13am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Hahahahahahahahaha! I just logged in only to discover dat my ban has expired long ago after taking one of d infidels olosho to d cleaners. She couldn't stand d brute and d only way out was to make proper use of d rule 2 button to stop it. Lol. grin grin grin.
@ d topic, dat is d way of d infidels. They are being threatened with d way muslims are consistently minding their business and dat is d more reason u see dem unnecessarily dragging Islam into some issues. A pastor is involved in rapping a minor, their explanation is: muslims are worse. The most beautiful one among them abuse cucumber, their response is: muslims girls marry early. Married woman is caught in a marathon se.x with man in hotel, their response: muslims are hypocrites. A pastor is involved in robbery, the explanation: Alhajis are worse. Pastor involved in human ritual, the defence is: Alhajis buy human parts. Their ladies are walking the streets unclad soliciting 4 se.x in exchange for materials: the explanation is: hijab wearing ladies are worse. Hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin these infidels no go take laff kill me. My joy is dat muslims are reading all these but they simply laugh and carry on still minding their business as usual. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net by alBHAGDADI: 8:14am On Nov 26, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Joseph was no pedophile. He married Mary when she was old enough. The Bible didn't state her age but gave several indications that she was an adult before marriage. Such includes her cousin, elizabeth, who became pregnant at an old age. how can Mary be a child and still have a cousin who was old? Can you now see how illiterate you are?

As for Mohammad the false man, he married Aisha when she was 6yrs, practiced what was called mhufahktat i.e he placed his manhood between the thighs of the 6yr old girl. When she became 9yrs, he started having sex with her and he was 54yrs old. What a huge and shameless pedophile. Yet, you have the nerve to defend him.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / The Wall Between Us. A Novel By EneChelsea / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.