Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,550 members, 7,809,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Deleted - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Deleted (1866 Views)

Deleted / How To Recover Deleted Ost File / How To Recover Deleted Files On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deleted by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
[....
Re: Deleted by ahless(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
You need an internet security software
Re: Deleted by BetaTechnicians: 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2016
gensteejay:
I am in dire need of your advice: The IP address of my laptop is under a DDOS attack.

For close to a month now, my laptop has been malfunctioning; the cursor controls itself. This prevents me from making use of the laptop for my writing business.

The problem began mid-June when I bade for a project on Freelancer and was interviewed by the project owner. The project involved copying some information from a website.

The client, an Australian, instructed me to visit the website, which I did. He wanted me to do his job without setting a milestone.

I refused to accept the project, told him I don't work on a project without a milestone. He then threatened to ddos my IP for one month -- which means my internet connection would be blocked.

I didn't take the threat seriously.

[b]Two days later, I noticed I couldn't use the internet. I tried browsing with different networks with a universal modem; all to no avail.

The ddos attack even got severe that anytime I clicked on any file on the laptop, the files would automatically get recycled. This made me lose so much documents stored on the system.

The attacks went on for two weeks. Early July, when I didn't know the way out of this quagmire, I formatted the laptop and the problem appeared solved.

I could use the system normally for few months. However, the problem resurfaced at the beginning of this month.

Although my internet connection appears to be in a normal state, the cursor still controls itself. This has made the laptop virtually useless and difficult to manipulate.

Again, I have formatted it. I have also upgraded the version of my OS to Windows 10. But the problem still lingers.

Please any Nairalander with the know-how of this problem (DDOS attack) should kindly help. Thanks so much.
P.S.: I use a Dell laptop.[/b]

Cc: stephen2016, lalasticlala, venzal, beautycrush24, ladywriter, skydancer, Sanni45, sotall, deji2009, Lexusgs430, et al.

maybe it's just coincidental and your laptop just went bad at that time, try disabling your laptop trackpad and using a USB mouse.
Re: Deleted by Kunleforreal(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
gensteejay:
I am in dire need of your advice: The IP address of my laptop is under a DDOS attack.

For close to a month now, my laptop has been malfunctioning; the cursor controls itself. This prevents me from making use of the laptop for my writing business.

The problem began mid-June when I bade for a project on Freelancer and was interviewed by the project owner. The project involved copying some information from a website.

The client, an Australian, instructed me to visit the website, which I did. He wanted me to do his job without setting a milestone.

I refused to accept the project, told him I don't work on a project without a milestone. He then threatened to ddos my IP for one month -- which means my internet connection would be blocked.

[b]Two days later, I noticed I couldn't use the internet. I tried browsing with different networks with a universal modem; all to no avail.

The ddos attack even got severe that anytime I clicked on any file on the laptop, the files would automatically get recycled. This made me lose so much documents stored on the system.

The attacks went on for two weeks. Early July, when I didn't know the way out of this quagmire, I formatted the laptop and the problem appeared solved.

I could use the system normally for few months. However, the problem resurfaced at the beginning of this month.

Although my internet connection appears to be in a normal state, the cursor still controls itself. This has made the laptop virtually useless and difficult to manipulate.

Again, I have formatted it. I have also upgraded the version of my OS to Windows 10. But the problem still lingers.

Please any Nairalander with the know-how of this problem (DDOS attack) should kindly help. Thanks so much.

Cc: stephen2016, lalasticlala, venzal, beautycrush24, ladywriter, skydancer, Sanni45, sotall, deji2009, Lexusgs430, et al.
Re: Deleted by Kunleforreal(m): 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
gensteejay:

Call or whatsapp 09038748895 if you are in Lagos for fixing of your laptop problem.
Re: Deleted by persius555(m): 5:39am On Nov 26, 2016
Dual boot your PC with a copy of Linux and install traffic monitor. Once the problem resurfaces, dual boot to your Linux and monitor traffic on your registry files and com ports. You would need to post your computer state when I t is offline, it's most likely a botnet is installed in your file registry.
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2016
persius555:
Dual boot your PC with a copy of Linux and install traffic monitor. Once the problem resurfaces, dual boot to your Linux and monitor traffic on your registry files and com ports. You would need to post your computer state when I t is offline, it's most likely a botnet is installed in your file registry.
Even after formatting the hard drive, should the botnet still remain functional or be present in the newly-installed (upgraded) Windows 10?
Re: Deleted by persius555(m): 8:14am On Nov 26, 2016
gensteejay:

Even after formatting the hard drive, should the botnet still remain functional or be present in the newly-installed (upgraded) Windows 10?

Botnets central system most likely has your Mac-address in a database. In that case, formatting your system won't change things.
Re: Deleted by stephen2016: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kunleforreal:

Call or whatsapp 09038748895 if you are in Lagos for fixing of your laptop problem.

I dont know anything about DDOS, but have you tried googling "how to fix DDOS attack" I am sure there must be something out there that can be useful
Re: Deleted by sunnedee2: 10:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
Try these three things:
1. Use an external mouse USB
2. Change your IP address ( another modem and another network)
3. Change your MAC address ( don't ask me how.
Process too long to type on mobile. Google is your friend).

PS: If the above doesn't work, let me know.

And BTW, I don't think it's your so called client who did this. There is a malware that causes your mouse to move on its own. Could be the one working here.
Re: Deleted by Scharck(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2016
Noob idea but have you tried using a VPN?
Re: Deleted by Tolzeal(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2016
Well... From the look of things .. The situation shows you're been RAT'ted.

Don't try using Confidential info on the computer yet cos all will get keylogged .

I'm sure the clients Know little about you ... Prank you to download a File and you become a Slave.

First thing Thing ..... you want to backup some confidential files to a USB ( USB cos you will still scan later )

Install Kaspersky antivirus (Bad Ass) .... run a full check ... Install Malware byte (Run full check)

Watch for few days to see if been noticed again.

Your Flash Scan with the two apps listed above.

Tips : Don't just download files online ... Make use of virusTotal to check evey single file Url before downloading .

Thank the gods it's aint ransomware... the story would have been different.

I will love to hear a feedback
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2016
Tolzeal:
Well... From the look of things .. The situation shows you're been RAT'ted.

Don't try using Confidential info on the computer yet cos all will get keylogged .

I'm sure the clients Know little about you ... Prank you to download a File and you become a Slave.

First thing Thing ..... you want to backup some confidential files to a USB ( USB cos you will still scan later )

Install Kaspersky antivirus (Bad Ass) .... run a full check ... Install Malware byte (Run full check)

Watch for few days to see if been noticed again.

Your Flash Scan with the two apps listed above.

Tips : Don't just download files online ... Make use of virusTotal to check evey single file Url before downloading .

Thank the gods it's aint ransomware... the story would have been different.

I will love to hear a feedback
Thanks for your recommendation.

I have downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus as well as Malwarebyte. I have also scanned the laptop with both software. No virus or malware was detected by the two programs.

I just formatted the hard drive again. The problem still persists. I think it maybe a boot sector virus.
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2016
sunnedee2:
Try these three things:
1. Use an external mouse USB
2. Change your IP address ( another modem and another network)
3. Change your MAC address ( don't ask me how.
Process too long to type on mobile. Google is your friend).

PS: If the above doesn't work, let me know.

And BTW, I don't think it's your so called client who did this. There is a malware that causes your mouse to move on its own. Could be the one working here.

I have tried the first two suggestions. And I read about how to change a MAC address from a site; it is stated there that changing the MAC address of a laptop does not really alter its physical MAC address.

What software could make the mouse move on its own?
Re: Deleted by sunnedee2: 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
gensteejay:

What software could make the mouse move on its own?

Not a software. A virus. Formatting removes it but you gotta create a back up first
Re: Deleted by persius555(m): 4:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Op, this issue and the many suggestions is making you go paranoia. The problem could be hardware related. Try adjust or possibilyreplace your laptop trackpad. Random movements of cursor are also known to be caused by faulty hardwares.
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2016
sunnedee2:

Not a software. A virus. Formatting removes it but you gotta create a back up first
I just formatted formatted the laptop again about 24 hours ago. And the problem seems to have got worse -- the laptop screens goes on and off rapidly and the system automatically goes to sleep. The mouse problem is also still there.
Re: Deleted by sunnedee2: 7:44am On Dec 01, 2016
gensteejay:

I just formatted formatted the laptop again about 24 hours ago. And the problem seems to have got worse -- the laptop screens goes on and off rapidly and the system automatically goes to sleep. The mouse problem is also still there.

What laptop model please?
and what OS? did you check the drivers?
Re: Deleted by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 01, 2016
sunnedee2:

What laptop model please?
and what OS? did you check the drivers?
It is Dell Inspiron 3521 on Windows 10.
I think it is a DOS attack. I used netstat commands to study my active connections. I can see established connections (more than 5 instances) from foreign IPs, which uses ports 80 and 443.

I just want to use another network for browsing so I can change my IP address. I also want to download software for IP hiding/masking.
Re: Deleted by Tolzeal(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
persius555:
Op, this issue and the many suggestions is making you go paranoia. The problem could be hardware related. Try adjust or possibilyreplace your laptop trackpad. Random movements of cursor are also known to be caused by faulty hardwares.
persius555:
persius555:
gensteejay:

Thanks for your recommendation.

I have downloaded Kaspersky Antivirus as well as Malwarebyte. I have also scanned the laptop with both software. No virus or malware was detected by the two programs.

I just formatted the hard drive again. The problem still persists. I think it maybe a boot sector virus.

I suggest you going with the opinion provided by this guy ...

You might have overcome the Virus Issue wnd battling with hardwares.
Re: Deleted by sunnedee2: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
gensteejay:

It is Dell Inspiron 3521 on Windows 10.
I think it is a DOS attack. I used netstat commands to study my active connections. I can see established connections (more than 5 instances) from foreign IPs, which uses ports 80 and 443.

I just want to use another network for browsing so I can change my IP address. I also want to download software for IP hiding/masking.

Just like someone said, if you are targeted for attack, changing your IP may not necessarily work coz your MAC may be targeted. Please let me know as it goes though I will suggest you try a lower OS like Win7 or 8
Re: Deleted by Skywalker5(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Do you have this problem when you are offline? if yes, then its not a DDOS attack. Could be your laptop misbehaving. If it happens when you are connected to the internet, then try blocking the IP address on your firewall

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Vending Machine / Pls Help, Cant Load Yahoo Messenger / How Can I Unlock Glo Bolt Modem E303

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.