Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,765 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam (16869 Views)

Please Help. I Want To Invest In Yam Business From Benue State To Enugu / Invest In Yam Marketing And Get Good Monthly Returns. / Yam Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2016
anyway I just got to zakibiam for sight seeing and see what can be bought from here
Time of arrival: 6:15 PM
From Katsina ala to zakibiam I counted more than 25 trailer loaded with yam, was told all coming from zakibiam heading towards different direction across Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by SUPERPACK: 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2016
how much?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 2:54am On Nov 26, 2016
I came In late , I will be visiting the market tomorrow morning and report my findings
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:01am On Nov 26, 2016
Yams everywhere but seems pricey , learnt Tuesday would be better
This loaded truck is for 6 people, according to a woman who is part of the owners , the truck is heading to PH at #450k for full load, excluding cost of yam , this is really expensive

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:15am On Nov 26, 2016
This one cost#10000 for 100pcs

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Hezbola: 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
10k for 100 pcs is quite cheap.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
[transportation cost is what makes The yam to be expensive at the city centre quote author=Hezbola post=51386988]10k for 100 pcs is quite cheap. [/quote]
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Hezbola: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2016
confluence:
[transportation cost is what makes The yam to be expensive at the city centre quote author=Hezbola post=51386988]10k for 100 pcs is quite cheap.
what I need u to ask is how many yam can be contained in the truck then we can make the arithmetic to see if it's profitable, coz with those yam am seeing in the pic it might go for 400 naira each in some locations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
@hezbola where are you based
This below cost #21000

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
This is #18000

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Hezbola: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
Based in uyo.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
The fully loaded truck above I was told consist of about 18000 tubers of yam depending on the size of yams
Some with smaller tubers could take up to 20,000
I will hang around till Tuesday was told more farmers will bring in yams
Hezbola , what is the cost of yam in your area, are you Interested but you will need others too so as to bring cost of transportation to be shared among all
Most trucks I have seen are heading to Lagos, Benin and PH
All marked yams are sold already
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 6:41am On Nov 27, 2016
Amazing! Pls what would you estimate as the length of the yams in the 450k truck? Also what type of truck is that, 911,trailer? Are those trucks available for hire there? Thank you Sir

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 8:34am On Nov 27, 2016
@realityshot, most trucks that are 911 are going towards Benin, the one I pictured up their are mostly going to PH and Lagos, they look more stable and well balanced mere looking at them after loading
I do not understand what you mean by length of truck,
From observation most trucks are parked outside somewhere not in inside the market, it is after you have purchased your yam you go to discuss with the drivers going your direction
The market is closed today Sunday
The one I pictured above I think they are refer to as 10 tyres.hope you get it
There is massive yam here,

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by dealerman(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2016
Please leave me your number 09098845736. We've big bizness to do!
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by DonAkiroWorld(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
I am interested in this business. Please do you have an idea of how much it will cost me to transport just 100tubers of big yams for a start to Delta State.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
For those that may be interested am still around till Tuesday,my number is below this post, you can add me on WhatsApp let talk,
@DonAkin, where do you stay in delta
Transportation may be an issue, I met a woman today about an hour ago where I went to charge my phone, she already loaded about 1000 PCs of yam she said they are heading to Calabar, just wandering how lots of people that troupe In to buy Yam , though she refused to tell how much they are paying for transport
@ dealer man my phone number below we can talk
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by ABBEYsammy01(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
I'm presently in Wukari, Taraba state, not too far from Zaki_Biam, yam is danmly cheap here too, a sizeable 100 tubers go for as low as 9k but tp is d main issue...
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
@abbey, that is interesting I was told wukari from zakibiam is about #250-300
TP is the main thing
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
confluence:
@abbey, that is interesting I was told wukari from zakibiam is about #250-300
TP is the main thing
I asked "length of yam" so as to know the price here in PH.

Is it like upto elbow long? That size sells at 300 or more here
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
@realityshot, I did not take note of that will do that tomorrow, but those yams that are 18k-25k range are up to the length and big
Will get a proper measure tomorrow by God's grace when market open
In Lokoja for example that yam that is sold above for 10k for 100pcs, half of the 100 which is 50 is called ARATA. goes for 13500-14000 which I normally buy
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
confluence:
@realityshot, I did not take note of that will do that tomorrow, but those yams that are 18k-25k range are up to the length and big
Will get a proper measure tomorrow by God's grace when market open
In Lokoja for example that yam that is sold above for 10k for 100pcs, half of the 100 which is 50 is called ARATA. goes for 13500-14000 which I normally buy
OMG! What! Are you serious?
What a great price difference!
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2016
The first one 18000
Second. 15000

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by biggal: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2016
Form group wasap am in
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
This is getting interesting, more yams are been brought to the market in their thousands and more people are trouping in from various parts of the country

WhatsApp group for those that are interested
https:///CiRlBs6FCqxD3O5VIJpJ65
This one is going for 21000
This sets are bigger can't sell less than 40 in Lagos

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by kennykg(m): 1:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
Really interesting
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
My first Baptism in yam business, my yam been marked by small Tiv boy
Am buying about 1000 PCs to test the waters

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by ABBEYsammy01(m): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nice business I must say, I've being planning to start d biz too but capital dey fall my hand big time. Where are U selling them?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
Lagos is the selling point anybody interested should indicate interest
My ATM bleeped me up, I was debited and no payment , by UBA, my card is Fidelity, I have been waiting for reversal of my money,it is my transport fare.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by toyinpin: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
Nice update Op. Please I couldn't see your number.Please if there is a Watsapp group,pls add me on 07065342360. I am in Ibadan and interested in the yam business prospects. Thank you
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by bukkybota(m): 8:33am On Nov 29, 2016
You did not give out your contact as you mentioned in one of your post, I need to discuss this business with you, this is my number 08067691079, just let me have your number I will give you a call.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by franashi(f): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2016
confluence:
My first Baptism in yam business, my yam been marked by small Tiv boy
Am buying about 1000 PCs to test the waters
please sister help a fellow sister. I am interested in this yam business. Please give me your number let's talk.thank you and God bless u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theft Of Farm Produce Spreads Across Nigeria / APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW! / Nigeria Donates 1,003 Tonnes Of Rice, Maize & Fish To Namibia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.