Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam (16892 Views)

Please Help. I Want To Invest In Yam Business From Benue State To Enugu / Invest In Yam Marketing And Get Good Monthly Returns. / Yam Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by franashi(f): 10:21am On Nov 29, 2016
confluence:
My first Baptism in yam business, my yam been marked by small Tiv boy
Am buying about 1000 PCs to test the waters
please sister help a fellow sister.i am also interested in the yam business.please give me your number and let's talk.thank you and God bless u
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
I have been busy buying from the market
It's very hectic and tiresome
Pictures of my yam

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2016
I will update the house later,
For those sending me messages about how to get into the business we carry everybody along
God bless Benue state ooooo
The yams available here is unprecedented, I want to believe that post harvest storage is the major headache this Country have .you need to see way these farmers are trouping in with yams with Peugeot wagons,all kinds of pick-up trucks
Right now mostly places in the market is not passable because, yam is everywhere
Another thing here is that farmers here are wise now, they have jack price of yam, they said everything is expensive in Nigeria so they too need to pass their cost to someone else

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Olayimikami: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
I'm happy you could try your hands on something new.

Since you are new however, will give you some advice otherwise your gain will all be paper profit

Variety is what assures you of profit not the size of the yam, always buy good variety that have longer shelf life.

Maintenance of the yam purchased is very important otherwise you lose a sizeable amount

Yam prices will be low all through now till february so you are likely to have more experienced competitor on the prowl, I inclusive

Transportation cost shouldnt exceed 1500 per 100. It even drops lower to 1000 once sales peak. Try to get a bargain as 2500/100 is rather high though location dependent

Nice attempt though, i wish you swift sales.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Olayimikami:

Yam prices will be low all through now till february so you are likely to have more experienced competitor on the prowl, I inclusive

Transportation cost shouldnt exceed 1500 per 100. It even drops lower to 1000 once sales peak. Try to get a bargain as 2500/100 is rather high though location dependent

Nice attempt though, i wish you swift sales.

Thank you for info!
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by uwem18: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hezbola:
10k for 100 pcs is quite cheap.
is transport fare included in the price
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 4:30am On Nov 30, 2016
@olayimikami,
Thanks for the advice
@uwem18
Transportation cost notincluded
@franashi my phone number is below this post you can call or WhatsApp me or better still ask your questions here
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 30, 2016
confluence:
@olayimikami,
Thanks for the advice
@uwem18
Transportation cost notincluded
@franashi my phone number is below this post you can call or WhatsApp me or better still ask your questions here
Do you stay in Lokoja?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2016
@Emmachile, yes
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Eefosa1: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
am interested please my number 08028131974 let me total cost of transportation
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by uwem18: 3:21pm On Nov 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Do you stay in Lokoja?
What will be the total cost if the transport fare is included
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2016
confluence:
@Emmachile, yes
I hope you got home safely.. This one you went quiet.. Hmmm
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2016
@realityshot, it's been a wonderful experience and lots of lessons learned, was to take my yams to Lokoja,but vehicle disappointed me, change of plans moving yams to Lagos, now left zakIbo too tam already yesterday to see my family in Lokoja because they are worried, as I write this am in a night bus heading to Lagos to meet truck, some nairaland members who got in touch are awhere of my movement
Truck fully loaded
The second image is when it is dark after finished loading truck
In this business I give the Ibo's kudos they understood the the game very well, they with their 911 in droves move yams in thousands to their locations, same with people from Benin
An ibo man told me they can't loose in the game because they have barns build to store yams and store and they sell in tens, six, PCs what they bought in hundreds per set

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2016
confluence:
@realityshot, it's been a wonderful experience and lots of lessons learned, was to take my yams to Lokoja,but vehicle disappointed me, change of plans moving yams to Lagos, now left zakIbo too tam already yesterday to see my family in Lokoja because they are worried, as I write this am in a night bus heading to Lagos to meet truck, some nairaland members who got in touch are awhere of my movement
Truck fully loaded
The second image is when it is dark after finished loading truck
In this business I give the Ibo's kudos they understood the the game very well, they with their 911 in droves move yams in thousands to their locations, same with people from Benin
An ibo man told me they can't loose in the game because they have barns build to store yams and store and they sell in tens, six, PCs what they bought in hundreds per set
wow thanks..
Safe journey

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Eefosa1: 7:04am On Dec 04, 2016
how much is cost of transportation to lagos
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 7:52am On Dec 04, 2016
Glory be to God,
Truck got to Lagos 1.45am this morning
@Eefosa, can't give you cost until when truck is fully offloaded

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:59am On Dec 04, 2016
My brother bought this yam for #700 , that is #350 per one from mile 12 market

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by kennykg(m): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Really impressed
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 11:01am On Dec 05, 2016
Good morning all
Truck fully unloaded now,
Being a first timer , am learning how things works here in mile12 market
Due to limited capital I could only afford to buy 1300 PCs of yam ,
So far so good , the baba helping me to sale has sold 400 PCs for me this morning
I have sold a particular type of yam with #8k profit margin

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Donkaz(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2016
Nice job you're doing here.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
confluence:
Good morning all
Truck fully unloaded now,
Being a first timer , am learning how things works here in mile12 market
Due to limited capital I could only afford to buy 1300 PCs of yam ,
So far so good , the baba helping me to sale has sold 400 PCs for me this morning
I have sold a particular type of yam with #8k profit margin

How is the price of yam in Lagos compared to Lokoja?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 12:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
To God be the glory,
I have 50 PCs of yams left, out of 1300 I have to replace some yams that where bad
Some sets are sold with#3000 profit, some #2500
Some #5000 profit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
@Emmachile, price of yam in Lokoja differs with Lagos price.
Yams are sold in 50s in Lokoja per set, compare to Lagos
I would make more profit by selling in Lokoja, but I don't think I can sell 13000 PCs of yam in 3 hours as I have done now in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
confluence:
I would make more profit by selling in Lokoja, but I don't think I can sell 13000 PCs of yam in 3 hours as I have done now in Lagos
Good update
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
confluence:
Oya business done start!
Go back and pact more and go sell..
Buhari has made Nigerians forget pride and get down to real businesses!

Great work man! Hope to join u next year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
@Eefosa1
Can you see reasons why total cost of transportation cannot be known until now when all loads are discharged,
Look at this cost I have attached here
In Mile 12 i have looked around about four other similar trucks to know their total cost of bringing yams to Lagos, I have seen 639k, 645k,630k though these other traders with this truck would not allow me snap the waybill ,mind you all trucks are coming from Benue
I have seen somewhere on nairaland where someone pointed #2500 per 100 tubers of yams or even lesser fee, may be is 911 truck not a 12 tyres truck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 3:08am On Dec 06, 2016
confluence:
@Eefosa1
Can you see reasons why total cost of transportation cannot be known until now when all loads are discharged,
Look at this cost I have attached here
In Mile 12 i have looked around about four other similar trucks to know their total cost of bringing yams to Lagos, I have seen 639k, 645k,630k though these other traders with this truck would not allow me snap the waybill ,mind you all trucks are coming from Benue
I have seen somewhere on nairaland where someone pointed #2500 per 100 tubers of yams or even lesser fee, may be is 911 truck not a 12 tyres truck.
well done!

So how many tubers was in your 12tyres truck?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 3:39am On Dec 06, 2016
@,
Realityshot1, I it is difficult to know how many tubers are in the truck, what I expect from you is to ask how many tubers are in the couch I hired? My yams are in the 9th couch , because of limited funds, what I bought was just 1300 tubers, combination of small and medium yams with exception of one set I bought that where really big, someone later bought additional 600 tubers of yam to fill my couch bringing the total to 1900 tubers
From this analysis you can see that the 12 tyre truck could carry from 16000 to 19000 tubers of yam
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Kings331(m): 5:23am On Dec 06, 2016
confluence:
@,
Realityshot1, I it is difficult to know how many tubers are in the truck, what I expect from you is to ask how many tubers are in the couch I hired? My yams are in the 9th couch , because of limited funds, what I bought was just 1300 tubers, combination of small and medium yams with exception of one set I bought that where really big, someone later bought additional 600 tubers of yam to fill my couch bringing the total to 1900 tubers
From this analysis you can see that the 12 tyre truck could carry from 16000 to 19000 tubers of yam

so, the total cost of transportation is 450K, how much did you get I.e your own personal cost of transportation for 1300 tubers and Wats the total cost of 1300 tubers. Good morning! and Weldon!
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 6:13am On Dec 06, 2016
There are 9 couches in that truck, divide #642,000 by 9 whatever it gives is what the cost per couch amounts to, you now divide the answer by 1300 to give the amount my own share of the couch amounts to.
I hope everyone understands this
My share of transportation cost amount to 48800 thereabouts, which is quite high, so the trick is to have more cash to buy enough yams to fill your couch, so as to knock off the transportation cost
A Benue guy who we shared the truck together who is a little hostile while in Benue, met him when we got to Lagos, I discovered he took two couches in the truck, one couch was filled with very big yams,tye the other couch with medium to big yams, you know what? Some of those big yams are being priced 68k, some 80k ,he has sold reasonable number of those big yams and medium, while I have finished selling off in 3 to 4 hours ,the guy still have more than 9 sets of hundreds of yams left,so will make enough money in profit and cover his transportation cost very well

1 Like

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Ihttp://www.nairaland.com/3502345/pastor-wife-killed-robbers-way
have been receiving lots of call recently whether one can get yam cheaper at near by village, yes am told, but it may not worth the risk ooooo
Please read this story, I found it here on nairaland
Don't let someone take you to a village where yam is cheaper and they now ambush you
God Almighty Will continue to protect us in Jesus name

https://www.nairaland.com/3502345/pastor-wife-killed-robbers-way

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2016
confluence:
God bless you plenty!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theft Of Farm Produce Spreads Across Nigeria / Nigeria Donates 1,003 Tonnes Of Rice, Maize & Fish To Namibia / APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.