Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam (16897 Views)

Please Help. I Want To Invest In Yam Business From Benue State To Enugu / Invest In Yam Marketing And Get Good Monthly Returns. / Yam Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Olayimikami: 8:45am On Dec 06, 2016
confluence:
Ihttp://www.nairaland.com/3502345/pastor-wife-killed-robbers-way
have been receiving lots of call recently whether one can get yam cheaper at near by village, yes am told, but it may not worth the risk ooooo
Please read this story, I found it here on nairaland
Don't let someone take you to a village where yam is cheaper and they now ambush you
God Almighty Will continue to protect us in Jesus name

https://www.nairaland.com/3502345/pastor-wife-killed-robbers-way

Generally, the roads are busier around this period and "boys" will also be on those biz routes. They are aware of purchase routes for different produce in difference zones and step up their game too.

Once the yam season peaks, more patrol vehicles will be on those routes so be rest assured.

Some routes are more dangerous than others so good understanding of alternative options especially when dark is necessary

Ultimately, it is God that protects.

The two popular yam markets in Benue are the Ugba and zaki biam markets, i can assure you however that for every big market, there is a cheaper and smaller market

May God protect us all

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by sotireo: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Olayimikami:
I'm happy you could try your hands on something new.

Since you are new however, will give you some advice otherwise your gain will all be paper profit

Variety is what assures you of profit not the size of the yam, always buy good variety that have longer shelf life.

Maintenance of the yam purchased is very important otherwise you lose a sizeable amount

Yam prices will be low all through now till february so you are likely to have more experienced competitor on the prowl, I inclusive

Transportation cost shouldnt exceed 1500 per 100. It even drops lower to 1000 once sales peak. Try to get a bargain as 2500/100 is rather high though location dependent

Nice attempt though, i wish you swift sales.

Generally it is a good business to venture into. I do have one or two questions, how much did 100 tubers go for ( price ) or 1000 tubers? thanks for your anticipated reply. smiley
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Atlanticfire: 7:32am On Feb 15, 2017
Nice knowledge sharing
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by petrchuks: 2:21pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please add me up to the Whatsapp group or better still could you display your number please. Thanks
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by olusteph: 9:19pm On May 27, 2017
Telegram Group : This is an international group created to facilitate buying and selling of divers raw and processed agriculture farm produce - Cassava,Yam,Grains,Poultry,Piggery,Oil,Fish,Cash crops, seeds and more

Group link:
https:///agricproductsbuyandsell
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by NoLotty7(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Olayimikami:

Since you are new however, will give you some advice otherwise your gain will all be paper profit

Variety is what assures you of profit not the size of the yam, always buy good variety that have longer shelf life.

Maintenance of the yam purchased is very important otherwise you lose a sizeable amount

Yam prices will be low all through now till february so you are likely to have more experienced competitor on the prowl, I inclusive

Transportation cost shouldnt exceed 1500 per 100. It even drops lower to 1000 once sales peak. Try to get a bargain as 2500/100 is rather high though location dependent

God bless you, God please open my eyes and mind to business minded people who are ready to encourage others for us to have a better Nation.Amen
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Memma405: 12:09am On Aug 29, 2017
Are you still in this business?, if yes, we need to chat.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by confluence: 9:31am On Aug 29, 2017
Memma405:
Are you still in this business?, if yes, we need to chat.
Not now, yam is expensive now, am waiting for another season may be October to march April again for benue yam
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by hoyze24: 11:32am On Aug 29, 2017
Olayimikami:

Can u name varieties that are more preferred in the south especially Lagos, ph and warri.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Olayimikami: 7:50am On Aug 30, 2017
hoyze24:
Can u name varieties that are more preferred in the south especially Lagos, ph and warri.

Port Harcourt and Warri markets like Makakusa or paper. Paper is their first choice

Lagos market is more flexible. Some areas are price driven hence, "Amee", "Aluchi" that are cheap varieties move easily.

"Benue 1 & 2" and "paper" are excellent choices for all markets and are white yam.

Always buy very big yams if storing for sale.

For shelf life, Paper, Makakusa, Benue 1 & 2 are very good.

There is a variety from Taraba as well that can be beaten by rain and it wouldn't go bad. Will add up once I have the name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Memma405: 10:14am On Aug 30, 2017
confluence:
Not now, yam is expensive now, am waiting for another season may be October to march April again for benue yam
Yes, around October. Please, send me an email
fortuneventuresng@gmail.com
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2017
When are you resuming the thread?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by kagari: 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
I think yam price has come down now

Come and update your price of farm produce with pictures on this thread with your location

https://www.nairaland.com/4104935/general-market-food-price-weekly
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Sparkles003(f): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2017
Olayimikami:

Port Harcourt and Warri markets like Makakusa or paper. Paper is their first choice

Lagos market is more flexible. Some areas are price driven hence, "Amee", "Aluchi" that are cheap varieties move easily.

"Benue 1 & 2" and "paper" are excellent choices for all markets and are white yam.

Always buy very big yams if storing for sale.

For shelf life, Paper, Makakusa, Benue 1 & 2 are very good.

There is a variety from Taraba as well that can be beaten by rain and it wouldn't go bad. Will add up once I have the name
Bros no yam business on your thread.I'm interested in the very big ones
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Eefosa1: 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
i learnt price of yam is coming drow drastically in benue
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by RealityShot: 5:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Gadgetmobil(m): 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
Am working on visiting Benue, for Yam purchase.
I'd be updating the house
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by djgreenland(m): 12:07am On Dec 27, 2017
confluence:
My first Baptism in yam business, my yam been marked by small Tiv boy
Am buying about 1000 PCs to test the waters
How is business?
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by kenKenny: 4:59am On Dec 27, 2017
I'm interested, I based in Lagos. My number is 07060821075
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 27, 2017
Please, I am interested. I am in Uyo
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Jonbeezy(m): 8:32pm On Jan 13, 2018
my feallow nairalanders...i plan to delve into yam biz this month. pls i need ur tips and advices. i do not know abt d Biz very much but the little i have read here has educated me so much.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Uyaiuwem: 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
confluence:

@confluence, I appreciate all I have read from you. I am interested in this business and I would appreciate your assistance. Pls help with your contact. Tnk u.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by omo17(m): 1:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
Pls who is doing this biz this year.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by omo17(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2018
SkydaDGreat:
I’m interested in it, any ideas ? Have you done it before

No, am also looking for ideas
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by ObiaguHoney: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
Anyone in the east that need supply of yams should contact me on 08165155095,am in Taraba state.
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Smartslim17: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
ObiaguHoney:
Anyone in the east that need supply of yams should contact me on 08165155095,am in Taraba state.

How do you sell it. And what of sw
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by ObiaguHoney: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2018
Smartslim17:

How do you sell it. And what of sw
Which state in southwest
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by Smartslim17: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2018
ObiaguHoney:

Which state in southwest

Lagos
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by ObiaguHoney: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2018
Smartslim17:

Lagos
Send me your number or you can call or chat me up on 08165155095
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2018
pls am int
Re: Anybody Interested In Yam Business From Zakibiam by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Nov 30, 2018
Pls am interested in d yam business. 08066941487 am in Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Theft Of Farm Produce Spreads Across Nigeria / Nigeria Donates 1,003 Tonnes Of Rice, Maize & Fish To Namibia / APPLES Can Be Grown In Nigeria! SEE NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.