Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,587 members, 7,770,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians (29976 Views)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by 247frolicboss(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2016
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, has stressed the need for Nigeria to develop its own plan capable of effectively addressing the current economic downturn.

Fashola, who spoke while delivering a lecture on “Freedom from Fear, Choices before the New Generation” to mark the 42nd convocation of the University of Benin, Edo State, said that Nigerians must overcome their fears and use their natural resources to create solutions and improve their lives.

While addressing the graduating students, he said, “We will not pray our way out of recession; we will plan and produce our way back to prosperity and out of recession and you are the freshest, youngest and most energetic workforce we will have to work with.

“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”

According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/your-prayers-cannot-take-us-out-of.html

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Runaway: 7:31am On Nov 26, 2016
Its becoming real that u guys are incompetent. go to work Mr man and stop talking.

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Jokerman(m): 7:33am On Nov 26, 2016
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise.....

Imagine where a youth with pour anointing oil on a cockroach rather than hitting it with a shoe or something.....

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach....

I think Nigeria should be praying for the mercies of God...

89 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Otono123(m): 7:34am On Nov 26, 2016
Minister of darkness

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by 234GT(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2016
Just like Buhari's lack of direction cannot take us our of recession.

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2016
According to him, young Nigerians must, like their counterparts in developed countries, free their minds from fear, rather than depend solely on spiritual answers to the problems.

Our able minister of darkness how will they not resolve to prayers when they're not given opportunities to fix it

How will they not resolve to prayers when those empowered to fix the economy isn't doing anything to salvage it

Our prayers will only stop when you empower us to fix the economy too or those of you in whose power it is to fix the economy does something drastic about it...

Nigerians say NO to darkness and mediocrity

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by MiyattiAllah: 7:38am On Nov 26, 2016
Nigerians and prayers
We are full of ungodly acts
We are only interested in asking God to give us worldly things.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Towncrier007(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2016
but recession can take us out of our prayers, because na person when dey alive dey pray.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kingphilip(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2016
“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions."

Praising them as the new batteries isn't enough Mr dishonorable minister..

Empower them to put those skills you mentioned above to work and you'll see Nigeria will be great again

9 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by baybeeboi: 7:58am On Nov 26, 2016
We the youths did not in anyway contribute to the total annihilation of Nigeria's economy.

Buhari and his old goons should fix what they have destroyed and stop tagging the innocent youth who have never had a thing from the government.

You won't appoint the youth to help fix the economy with fresh ideas but they will be the first u call on to help fix, maybe help fix it from their father's houses where they are sitting jobless.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 8:00am On Nov 26, 2016
No rather it's the gross incompetence of you & your likes in this stupid government that will save Nigeria.Kemi have already said that "recession is just a word" & not reality. Anyway APC symbolizes darkness & wickedness so nothing new.Oya continue you hear?

10 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by onomeasike: 8:03am On Nov 26, 2016
Runaway:
Its becoming real that u guys are incompetent. go to work Mr man and stop talking.
I'm sure you didn't read the brilliant and clear headed advice FASHOLA gave these fresh graduands. Small kids littering everywhere On Nairaland smh

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by EmeeNaka: 8:08am On Nov 26, 2016
Jokerman:
Lol. ..... wen many persons are opening churches and mosques everywhere, how do you want them to think otherwise...

However minister prayers are important, no country forsakes God and does well...

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach....

I think Nigeria should be praying for the mercies of God...
are you doing better than China, Thailand, North Korea, etc?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2016
[/b]“You are the new batteries to power the engine of growth of our country. Your choices must be clear, free from fear, not reckless but driven by analytical thought, questioning and probing and ultimately determined by convictions.”[b] As if there is anyone who have that line of thought in the APC government. undecided No need for all these long grammar.You people should simply take Nigeria back to where you met it. Bunch of incompetent people in accidental government.

5 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by herzernIsHere: 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016
Well, Of course it can't but it's a temporary relief to cure their Delusional Religious Obligations

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by nkowaputa(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016
A lot of Nigerian youths are entrepreneurial and with passion to succeed but unfortunately our Nigerian state will kill any dream.
I decided to go into pure water production, no bank agreed to give me loan. Even BOI would see my track record before they would consider giving me. What track record? I am just starting. I rallied and got fund from friends and family. Now I have started but in 3 weeks, I have seen PHCN light just twice in that area and the power could not carry my reverse osmosis machine. So day in day out I run on diesel. You may want to know that diesel now sells from 195 to 205. I am unable to buy a truck no to take my water to market because of fund 2m. No bank again has agreed to give me, so I use my small car to hawk. I work as factory labor, I sell, I do everything to survive. I am determined to succeed but from my story you will all see that the government is nowhere to be found. I am waiting. Soon they will come for all sort of tax, fees and dues.
How will youths survive in this country? Prayer gives us solace, prayer gives u hope and the strength to move on. Now u want to take that from us?
Just like he has said (fasola), talking won't bring us out of recession either.

56 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by admax(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016
He is partially right.

You must pray, plan and strategise then execute but in this part of the world people just pray and claim they leave everything to God as if God is in the business of coming down from heaven to plan, strategise and execute on their behalf.

News Flash: Do your part and let God do his part!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Jokerman(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2016
EmeeNaka:
are you doing better than China, Thailand, North Korea, etc?

They recognize God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by canalily(m): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2016
This man drank paintundecided
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by lifestyle1(m): 8:38am On Nov 26, 2016
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by smellingmenses: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2016
who is praying for you people.... certainly not someone like me

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2016
Focck Boy Fashola

Foccck of my state angry

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Miles300: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2016
baybeeboi:
We the youths did not in anyway contribute to the total annihilation of Nigeria's economy.

Buhari and his old goons should fix what they have destroyed and stop tagging the innocent youth who have never had a thing from the government.

You won't appoint the youth to help fix the economy with fresh ideas but they will be the first u call on to help fix, maybe help fix it from their father's houses where they are sitting jobless.
guy I no fit laff this morning Abeg , Hahahaha Buhari and his old goons should fix wetin biko

3 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by shamecurls(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2016
Just loving BRF

Taking God out of the predicaments that has befallen oil producing countries and outrightly clearing the air about where we stand.

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by fkj950ax(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2016
onomeasike:

I'm sure you didn't read the brilliant and clear headed advice FASHOLA gave these fresh graduands. Small kids littering everywhere On Nairaland smh

I think people need to post their birth certificate beside their comments. Too many comments that are absurd on NL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by ChappyChase: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2016
We know
Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Olukat(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2016
Of course we know we can't pray out of the crisis you and your zombies brought on us. angry angry angry
Good advise to the young graduates but for the young ones to excel they need leadership.
Do you have any policy that creates a platform for the young graduates and skilled men to contribute to the economy?

2 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2016
I liked Fashola and had more respect for him when he was a governor. I just feel his alliance and position now are tarnishing the good image he already carved out for himself

1 Like

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by kinibigdeal(m): 8:43am On Nov 26, 2016
Am still planning to write a petition to this incompetent power failure. Many workers are currently unemployed because of the way Fashola handled the case between Egbin Thermal station and AES gas plant. AES is currently shut down because of our super-minister weakness in crisis management, many graduate trainee, workers are jobless because our dear minister feels Tinubu had a share in AES gas plant and he thereby resolved to whine the company down. Egbin thermal station is feeling the heat now because AES gas plant serve as a back up to Egbin whenever there is a shutdown. Within a year, everything in Nigeria is grounded!

3 Likes

Re: Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians by Atiku2019: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2016
Incompetence should be an alias for this current Government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LP Candidates Defeat PDP Reps Members In Enugu’s Seven Constituencies / David Mark Preaching To Celebrate His Victory (photos) / Disquiet In SSS, Officers Threaten To Undermine Buhari’s Reelection, Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.