Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

What Should I Study - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Should I Study (1270 Views)

Did I Study The Wrong Course In School / Where Do I Study Aviation Telecommunication In Lagos / How Do I Study For Ican/ats Examinations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Study by aay(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2007
i need some advice, i just got offer letters from two universities in the UK to study either MSc in Finance or MSc in Business & IT, but i just can't seem to make up my mind. I'm an accounting graduate, an Oracle10g DBa and am currently doing ACCA,  undecided
Re: What Should I Study by marcustan(m): 10:48pm On Jan 07, 2007
Aay,i am not in a good position to tell you what you want to do,you alone are in that position.If you need my advice i will tell u to go 4 the one that ur heart tells u to.An Msc in any of them is realy nice.But if u ask me to make a choice, i will go 4 Bus &IT.But infact,any of them is good 4 an accounting graduate.
Cheers
Re: What Should I Study by marcustan(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2007
Aay,i am not in a good position to tell you what you want to do,you alone are in that position.If you need my advice i will tell u to go 4 the one that ur heart tells u to.An Msc in any of them is realy nice.But if u ask me to make a choice, i will go 4 Bus &IT.But infact,any of them is good 4 an accounting graduate.
Cheers
Re: What Should I Study by aay(m): 1:52am On Jan 09, 2007
I'd prefer to study business &IT too but i just thought that Finance may be more relevant in Nigeria,
Re: What Should I Study by 1forall: 2:13am On Jan 09, 2007
aay both fields are relevant in present day naija. BusIT would further diversify your employment chances considering the certs you possess. Youre doing the ACCA already and Finance would restrict your job choices even more to that end of your qualifications, rmba its a master's. Really a foreign MSc would make you more marketable in naija anyhow, our fake ass emloyers are easily impressionable once they see you qualified abroad. But if I were u Id go for BusIT.
The other thing to consider is the schools the offers are from, check out UK school rankings:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,716,00.html

By the way, I plan to study in the UK too and have an offer on hand but funding it is quite a challenge, got any hints?
Re: What Should I Study by aay(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2007
thanx for the link it was useful the schools i'm applying to are 13th and 21st on the table,
i got my admissions last year but i had to defer it cos of funding too.the best thing's to find someone, a family member to sponsor you or an employer, which is rare.

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Recruitment For Operator /maintenance / Contract Employment; Your Views / Msc Oil&gas Logistics/supply Cm Vs Masters Programme Ifp Portharcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.