Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,386 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

"365": A Novelette - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "365": A Novelette (39289 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "365": A Novelette by yorhmienerd(m): 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
Looks promising, FIRE ON!
Re: "365": A Novelette by DaddySLY(m): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
hmm...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks makydebbie kiss

Nice story Swann

I yam following bumper to bumper cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Thanks maky.debbie kiss

Nice story Swann

I yam following bumper to bumper cheesy

Thank you smiley

yorhmienerd:
Looks promising, FIRE ON!

Thanks for stopping by smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by yorhmienerd(m): 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
swann:

Thank you smiley

Thanks for stopping by smiley
You're welcome ma'am but doctor prescrbed that I stay away from 2much suspence due to it effect. I'm counting on to stay religiously to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by dominique(f): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
This is gonna be good smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2016
BiafranBushBoy:

Wole Soyinka...

I hail you...
whatever dude, I've passed my message to the writer. Ciao! cool
Re: "365": A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
makydebbie:
I'm sure its gonna be a great story.
I don't want my honey bunnies to miss thischeesy

Laveda
Twaci
Bibijay123
Kingrex1
Girl360
Jay542
Iykekelvins
Smellymouth
Enybliss
Diddyydiva
Mzlarem

Thanks for the mention babe, op ride on!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
bibijay123:

Thanks for the mention babe, op ride on!
Aunty,its not fair oo...you now had to mention all the names cry
Re: "365": A Novelette by bibijay123(f): 10:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
MzLarem:
Aunty,its not fair oo...you now had to mention all the names cry

Lol Pele e mabinu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by dominique(f): 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
Why do I have a feeling that Kaylee has a terminal disease? Can't think of any other reason why she would turn down the proposal sad
Can't wait to see how it all plays out.

bibijay123:

Lol Pele e mabinu

Lolz, just replied your mail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
bibijay123:

Lol Pele e mabinu
Eshe ma...E ni damu smiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by tommynico(m): 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2016
Owk.
Re: "365": A Novelette by iykekelvins(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nice update.
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
The queen is in!

Swann.. Nice one baby, i'm glued to my seat mehn cool

Meanwhile, mackbrooklyn shuu come oh kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Jay542(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lawlahdey:
The queen is in!

Swan.n.. Nice one baby, i'm glued to my seat mehn cool

Meanwhile, mack.brooklyn shuu come oh kiss

Where's the queentongue

Swann nice one dearsmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by MackBrooklyn: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lawlahdey:
The queen is in!
S.wann.. Nice one baby, i'm glued to my seat mehn cool
Meanwhile, mac.kbrooklyn shuu come oh kiss
Yes, Ma'am. I don show, so what's up?? cool
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
Jay542:

Where's the queentongue

Swann nice one dearsmiley
Emi nih cheesy wink

Happy sunday tongue
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Yes, Ma'am. I don show, so what's up?? cool
I need guguru and smirnoff mehn grin

Oya gerrit for me babe kiss

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
Yay! She's finally started, I can't wait to see how things pan out between Kaylee and Dave.

Ride on sweerie and thanks for the dedication kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by MackBrooklyn: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lawlahdey:
I need guguru and smirnoff mehn grin

Oya gerrit for me babe kiss

Babe, I ordered few bottles of Smirnoff Orijin and pop corn already kiss
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Smirnoff babe.. ahnahn, i don't like orijin sad

Buh issokae like that.. let's not derail kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Hope you ordered enough? wink

Jay542:

Where's the queentongue

Swa.nn nice one dearsmiley

Thank you smiley

skarlett:
Yay! She's finally started, I can't wait to see how things pan out between Kaylee and Dave.

Ride on sweerie and thanks for the dedication kiss

You're welcome cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
swann:

Hope you ordered enough? wink

Thank you smiley

You're welcome cheesy
So, my presence can't be aknowledged angry

Is this how you use to do? undecided
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
KissChrix:

So, my presence can't be aknowledged angry

Is this how you use to do? undecided

Sorry dear, I must have missed your moniker... Thanks for reading... smiley
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
swann:

Sorry dear, I must have missed your moniker... Thanks for reading... smiley

Oya update smiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
KissChrix:

Oya update smiley

Tomorrow dear. I need to make some finishing touches smiley smiley but i'll be sure to mention you...
Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
swann:

Tomorrow dear. I need to make some finishing touches smiley smiley but i'll be sure to mention you...

I'll be waiting smileysmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "365": A Novelette by Jay542(m): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Emi nih cheesy wink

Happy sunday tongue

Happy Sunday too babysmiley

1 Like

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
CHAPTER TWO
Dedicated to Twaci, bibijay123, kisschrix, lleigh, dominique

Kaylee
“It’s nice of you to have come,” the man said as he sipped on his glass of wine. He was a well-built man in his late 50’s whose features could put those of younger men to shame. He had a well-trimmed beard which was cut symmetrically to the shape of his face. He sat with his legs crossed, he always did.

“It’s my pleasure,” I replied and smiled. It truly was. He was not a person one had the honour of sitting with every day.

“Okay, let’s just pretend we’ve gone through all pleasantries and go on to the main thing,” the man said as he stood up and beckoned me to follow him. As we walked through passage way, I saw a large painting of a pregnant woman. She seemed familiar so I made a mental note to ask about her after he had shown me what he wanted me to see. We stopped in front of a brown door which a golden knob I could’ve sworn was real gold. The inside of the room was very big and filled with more books than I had ever seen which ranged on all subjects as I was later told by him. We both sat on the leather chairs facing each other and he pulled out an iron box from below his chair and placed it on the glass table in front of us.

“Open it,” he said to me. I lifted up the lid of the box and kept it on the table. The man poured out the contents of the box which were coins, pieces of papers and some pictures. He picked a picture and handed it over to me.

“This is the lady from the picture in the hallway,” I said as I lit up with a smile. “She’s really pretty”

“That’s a picture of my wife, God bless her soul,” he said as he puts his hands into a peace sign, kiss it and raise it to ceiling. I was confused as to what to do so I nodded my head.

“What happened to her?” I asked.

“She had cancer, lung cancer,” he said as he sipped on the wine he had carried along from the living room.

“I’m sorry,”

“I brought you here to show you something. Come” he said as he stood up and walked further into the room. He stopped in front of a painting of woman on a bed wearing a long silk gown and holding a cigarette, she had her back to the painter but her face turned slightly to reveal the side of it but its features were missing. “This is her too, even though it’s faceless,” he added as he pushed a button and the portrait split in two revealing an entrance into a closet-like room.

“Wow! Did you draw this?” I asked we both walked in. The room was filled with more pictures of her, painted and photographed in different poses and background

“I did, August 27th at the Spike hotels. I couldn’t finish it because she was tired. We never really did get to complete it. It’s the last painting I ever did of her before she died. She’s David’s mother, you know,” he said.

“What!” I half shouted as I shot him a confused look.

“She and David were very close. She always took him every she went sometimes withdrawing him from school to follow her on her vacations. They were so inseparable that he was with her on her deathbed and held on to her hand even when she had breathed her last breath,” he said as a smile which quickly disappeared formed on his face. “Months after she died, David started having panic attacks and when he was diagnosed, we found out he had PTSD. He was so young. He became a shadow of himself, a social recluse who hardly spoke to anyone,” he added with a shaky voice. I could see the tears now forming in his eyes. I moved closer to him and patted him on the arm, something that seemed silly to me after I had already done it.

“It’s okay,” I said with my hand still on his arms.

He brought out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his eyes.

“During treatments, the doctor told us to remove anything that would trigger memories of his mum so as to help his treatment. I had to do this. I had to burn everything belonging to his mum, to help him, to help my son.” He paused to sit on a chair beside him. “Later when we thought we were making some progress, David fell seriously sick and wasn’t responding to treatments. It led to a Coma, when he woke up, we discovered he had forgotten the entire incident, he had forgotten his mother. Before he came home I made sure I had gotten rid of everything belonging to her down to her scent. But this sanctuary I created because even if in the memory of David she might have been forgotten, I still remember her and I still love her for the both of us.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked. “Isn’t it personal?”

The man stood up and walked towards me. He put his hands on my cheeks and stroked it for some seconds before pulling my face closer and kissing my forehead. It sent shivers down my spine. It had the feel of a kiss one received just before being left by somebody one loved. Or maybe it was due to what he had said that I felt this way, I thought. I felt his breath trail from my forehead to my ears.

“I know about your condition, Kaylee,” he whispered into my ear and my eyes shot open and I look at him.

“How?” I manage to ask while still in shock. No one knew, yet.

“That’ll be a story for another day, Kaylee. But right now I have to beg you to help me, help me not lose my son again.”

I still kept my eyes glued to his.

“I’m begging you to please let him go. I know you won’t make it, so with the love a father has for his child, I’m begging you to not let him go through what he did back then again. You need to find a way to have him leave you,” He said as he as he walked out of the closet. “And you shouldn’t return.”

My eyes flutter open and I see myself on the floor of my living room. Next to me is an empty bottle of Cîroc. Just a dream, I thought. I scan the room to look for my phone and I see it under the sofa next to me so I stretch my hands to bring it out but I am shot back with an excruciating pin-like pain on my arm. I try to get up but my body refuses to move. I hear a knock on my door and I try to shout for help but the constriction on my throat makes me unable to do so. The person knocks again. I use all of my strength to give myself a big push but I do not make it very far because of the pain.

“I know you’re there, Kay. Open up, it’s me Da--,” I manage to hear the person say before I loose consciousness.

TBC

16 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
cc: skarlett
biafranbushboy
makydebbie
mhiz
jagugu88li
kingrex1
veekid
creeza
yorhmhienerd
daddySLY
diddyydiva
mzlarem
tommynico
iykekelvins
lawlahdey
jay542
mackbrooklyn

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "365": A Novelette by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Thanks for the dedication smiley

Dominique was right shockedshocked Kaylee has a terminal disease shockedshocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / Robinson Crusoe: Who Else Remembers This Novel? Indomie Generation Stay Off.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.