Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. (12482 Views)

Bukola Saraki Visits Tony Anenih (Photos) / Obituary Of Eugene Anenih, Tony Anenih's Son (Photo) / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Tony Anenih, former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees, has called it quits with politics.

Anenih, who is fondly called ‘Mr Fix It’, announced his decision to retire from politics at the launch of his book entitled, ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics’, in Abuja on Saturday.

“I am persuaded that I have no more ambition nor any point to prove in politics. I am, therefore, glad to declare that, from today, I shall be withdrawing from active partisan politics,” he said.

“I shall, however, continue to avail the country of my experience, give suggestions and offer advice, as a statesman.”

He urged Nigerians to support the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in his effort to make Nigeria a better place.

“I must not end this statement of gratitude without acknowledging the fact that our country is going through difficult times. It is a national predicament which we must confront in unity, irrespective of our partisan commitments, whether PDP, APC, AD or Labour,” he said.

“I, therefore, want to urge all Nigerians to persevere and hope for a better tomorrow. We must support and pray that God will give President Muhammadu Buhari the wisdom and vision to steer this country away from recession to prosperity.”‎

The former minister of works and housing under former President Olusegun Obasanjo is 83 years; he was born on August 4, 1933.

He is a trained police officer, and he was once an orderly of Nnamdi Azikiwe, first governor-general of Nigeria.

He had a political career which spanned decades. He was the state chairman of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) from 1981 to 1983, and he was instrumental in the emergence of Samuel Ogbemudia as civilian governor of then Bendel state.

Anenih was the national chairman of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) from 1992 to 1993 — the platform on which the late MKO Abiola ran for president.

He joined the PDP, where he worked as the deputy national coordinator of Obasanjo’s campaign in the 1999 and 2003 elections, and he earned the moniker ‘Mr Fix It’ for his ability to provide leadership and solve knotty problems.

In May, he was rumoured to have died in a London hospital after he slumped in his home.

When he heard the news of his death, the statesman fired at tale bearers, wishing them what they wished him

“If I am dead, will I be talking to you? I am in London; I am alive and enjoying myself,” he said from London.

“I am not going to issue any press release to debunk the rumour. God will punish them, and I believe that they will die before me.”

Anenih joins Bamanga Tukur, Edwin Clark and other PDP bigwigs who retired from politics after the party lost the 2015 presidential election.

https://www.thecable.ng/anenih-mr-fix-it-quits-politics-says-i-have-no-more-ambition

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by talktonase(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
I guess he is taking a cue from mugabe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Kyase(m): 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
Osho don retire one person.
Compulsory retirement

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by MiyattiAllah: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
Na PDP remain to retire from Nigerian politics.
And Ondo election will be PDP's last chance to survive.
But APC will miss em as their punching bag

To All The IPods in za House u can go and di...in Ondo it's Sai BABA Again.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Baawaa(m): 7:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
After they had spoiled everything,what a waste generation

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by modath(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
Really? cheesy cheesy cheesy ... nor lie, this face fit fear anybody.. even scarecrow sef go see am shake...tongue

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by ObaKlaz: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
You lost relevance in national politics, then Oshiomole clipped your wings in our beloved state. You have no choice, sir, as it is!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by zero8zero(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
modath:
smiley
why you peeping??. A man down for PDP.
Truth is mine*

2 Likes

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by zero8zero(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
modath:
smiley
Truth is mine*
modath:
smiley
Truth is mine*

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by zero8zero(m): 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2016
modath:

smiley

Truth is mine*
* No fault of mine that my post was duplicated 4times. I received a response that the server was overwhelmed, thus the duplication. Hope the server receives quick technical attention to save me from further embarrassment .cc: seun, mynd44, lalasticlala.

@Mo, 'sorry 4d duplication, it's purely technical.

Truth is mine*

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by NOC1(m): 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
Mtchewww, Oshiomole retired you, go and sit down.
They Igbedion's should also do the needfull.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
@83 he has paid his dues and made his impact good or bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Caseless: 8:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
Bye bye! We won't miss you .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by modath(f): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2016
zero8zero:

Truth is mine*
* No fault of mine that my post was duplicated 4times. I received a response that the server was overwhelmed, thus the duplication. Hope the server receives quick technical attention to save me from further embarrassment .cc: seun, mynd44, lalasticlala.

@Mo, 'sorry 4d duplication, it's purely technical.

Truth is mine*

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by EdCure: 9:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
grin
I know he couldn't recover from the heavy political injuries inflicted on him by the dogged and rugged OshoBaba.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by nickxtra(m): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
Before you will leave the political stage, don't fail to account for over 300 billion naira for Nigerian roads under you.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by EdCure: 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2016
Kyase:
Osho don retire one person.
Compulsory retirement
Exactly!
Oshiomole was one unbearable pain in the old man's corrupt ass. The comrade has sent him on retirement with his tail between his legs...and without benefits. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by EdCure: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
NOC1:
Mtchewww, Oshiomole retired you, go and sit down.
They Igbedion's should also do the needfull.
Igbinedion has a daughter in the House of Reps. That's his last political lifeline...which is doomed to be short lived.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Juginho(f): 9:18pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Kyase(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
EdCure:

Exactly!
Oshiomole was one unbearable pain in the old man's corrupt ass. The comrade has sent him on retirement with his tail between his legs...and without benefits. cheesy
lol

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by EdCure: 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2016
tuale4u:
@83 he has paid his dues and made his impact good or bad.
True said.

I am far from being a fan of Chief Anenih, but admittedly, he is one of the few accomplished politicians who wielded influence across all regions of Nigeria.
His case is even more interesting and peculiar owing to the fact that he's from a minority ethnic group, in a country where ethnicity is at the core of politics.

7 Likes

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Funlordjnr: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
cheesy

Better for the country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by tundafayaBuhari: 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
Rest in peace. Buhari is a curse to Nigeria QED
Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
Thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Funlordjnr: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2016
nickxtra:
Before you will leave the political stage, don't fail to account for over 300 billion naira for Nigerian roads under you.

Money wey don dey Miami Tay tay.......dont hold your breath!

1 Like

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by babdap: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
Oshogbo finally retired this old man from politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by kings09(m): 8:58am On Nov 27, 2016
Sum1 who neva added any value. Good riddance to bad rubbish. No positive legacy.

Kudos to Oshiomole

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by paulto89(m): 9:00am On Nov 27, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by freddie82(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2016
You have tried sir. May God almighty be with u in retirement
Re: Tony Anenih Retires From Politics, Says I Have No More Ambition.. by Mrskenke: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2016
I pray

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019: APC Has Indirectly Campaigned For PDP — Bafarawa / Shehu Sani’s Fate Lies With APC Delegates: El-rufai / Governor Seyi Makinde Sends Commissioners List To Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.