Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,980 members, 7,803,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue (32012 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Man Writes Abuja 'Witches And Wizards' A Warning Letter (Photo) / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mayoor15(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

Really, you are using an unverifiable story from thousands of years ago to prove there veracity of witches in the present age?? Good job!
like I said, we all can choose to believe what we want, have seen live cases of witches in action, so why wont I believe its real, but the greater thing is that they bow to the name of JESUS
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
My dear op and his or her like. Stop deceiving yourselves or else you will compound your problem. You have muddled up the whole thing.

Madness is different from Witchcraft and witchcraft is different from madness.

What happened to you is Insanity better called madness I'm sorry if it sounds insultive. And I pray you never experience it again.
In short you want us to believe there is nothing like witchcraft, that what ppl call witchcraft attack is just illusions. Babanla nonsense. For every one of the atheists my prayer for them is to fall into the hands of the Witches and be dealt with by them. not because I hate them but to just proove to them that at least there is a devil even if it's hard for you to believe there is a God.

By the way I need to have asked you if you are an Atheist and if you are one then, no need to argue with you. Someone who says there is no God would always deny the existence of any other thing that comfirms the opposite of the power of God so that he can still be bold to say there is no God. Even when he knows he is telling a lie.

The Bible says the Fear of God is the BEGINNING of wisdom.

That seals it all

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Acidosis(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
podosci:

The ignorant europeans( white in layman terms) gave us religious falacies and not education, they moved away from such nonsense along time ago when they attained the level of development that makes one who believes in wiches and wizards sound like an idiot. Offcourse there are still ignorant europeans whose low I.Q or Lack or Education can make him/her believe in such nonsense but a far majority of the population now understand that an illness is caused either by neaurological deficiency or a biological attack by microbs.
Fast forward to Africa and you would see the same behavior exhibited by Europeans at a time in the past when ignorance was the norm and eauropeans actually believed a solar eclipse was caused by an angry God. The high level of poverty and low level of litracy makes it possible for 99% of Nigerians to believe an accident is caused by witches and wizards ( who mostly recide in the rural villages) than a mechanical failure.
Bring video evidence of a rat turning into an old woman or an old woman turning into a rat and we can discuss from there. This is 2016 not 1801

China is far ahead of Nigeria in terms of 'withcraftry', charms, black magic and the so called development.

When we approach you folks, with evidence, you run away. I remember a particular Nairalander that narrated his experiences in his 3 bedroom apartment. He talked about how an old woman always appeared in a particular room. I called Seun severally and others to come explain, and like I expected, they never showed up.

A ghost literally appears in the house.. The only plausible explanation was that the former occupant of the room must have died a terrible death. To someone like OP, may be the Nairalander who narrated his experiences had psychosis, including his guests who shared same experiences in the room.

If we tell you ghost exist, you argue, when we discuss withcraft, you argue.. I've come to realize you and your likes are better left with your unbelief.

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by khadaffi(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:
It's not enough to just say "witches & wizards" don't exist.

How did you arrived at this conclusion? Prove that they don't exist.

You are the one to prove they exist since you believe in them.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
Believing is seeing my brother smiley

If you believe in it, you will see it. If you don't believe in it, you will not see it. smiley

Our beliefs is our reality!
Splinz:
It's not enough to just say "witches & wizards" don't exist.

How did you arrived at this conclusion? Prove that they don't exist.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by ALAYORMII: 9:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
After dating him for 2weeks u already want to meet his parents..... Haaa ladies be patient, it took him 9 months to meet his own parents so why are u in a hurry..

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by hope4life: 9:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
You are yet to encounter real witchcraft attack. Spiritual problem can never be medically diagnosed and treated. What she suffered was not witchcraft but psychosis hence the success of medical treatment
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by lepasharon(f): 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
ALAYORMII:
After dating him for 2weeks u already want to meet his parents..... Haaa ladies be patient, it took him 9 months to meet his own parents so why are u in a hurry..

He be like say u miss road

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2016
felixomor:

Visit the link below and educate yourself a little.

Dont give yourself away next time.

http://chronicle.uchicago.edu/050714/doctorsfaith.shtml
-It's funny how u ignored the other parts of the article that favor my side of the argument... only 39% of scientists have a belief in God, that doesn't account for the kind of belief u know. Again, only 7% of leading scientists believe in God...
- u also didn't mention that paedatrics and family doctors were the most likely to belief in God while PSYCHIATRISTS and radiologists had the least belief
- u didn't consider whether the doctors who even bothered to respond to the survey at all consisted of more or less religious doctors in the first place... An atheist doctor is less likely to respond to a 12 page questionnaire than a Christian one
- Lastly, this survey odd not even conclusive proof of anything, u only posted out because it appealed to your sentiments

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:
like I said, we all can choose to believe what we want, have seen live cases of witches in action, so why wont I believe its real, but the greater thing is that they bow to the name of JESUS
Really, please describe what they were doing exactly and the direct consequences of their actions
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2016
elektra:

No one needs to see their brain physically to know it is there. It is a proven FACT that humans need brains to function!
The existence of witches has never been proven!

How can you compare the presence a vital organ to the existence of witches?

The existence of witches is a PROVEN FACT likewise.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by benzems(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mayoor15(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
hope4life:
You are yet to encounter real witchcraft attack. Spiritual problem can never be medically diagnosed and treated. What she suffered was not witchcraft but psychosis hence the success of medical treatment
on point, let them keep deceiving themselves, just pray that witches no go get der tym. Those saying they no exist go come bk 2 testify that they exist, closeness to your God is the only way out. I dont believe in atheist at all. You say in public there is no God but in private in believe in God
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
ALAYORMII:
lolz
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:
on point, let them keep deceiving themselves, just pray that witches no go get der tym. Those saying they no exist go come bk 2 testify that they exist, closeness to your God is the only way out. I dont believe in atheist at all. You say in public there is no God but in private in believe in God
What the hell are u saying??
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by buffalowings: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
elektra:

The mere fact that I can read, process your words and respond is proof enough that I have a functioning Brain.

You, however are a proof that not every brain functions as it should.

Carry on, good bye.
Better now
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by samsam2019: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
Omudia11:
I guess since you've never seen your brain before then brains don't exist
you really need to take her advice and visit a psychiatrist

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
They say there is no God
And I have experienced God in diverse ways,

They say there is no Ghost I have seen it before

They said nothing like Witches I have been tried by a witch before the following morning she saw me and ran like a scared dog.

If you want to know how Na long story.

It is always a waste of time and energy to engage an Atheist in an argument about the supernatural ,it does not matter the level of their education. You hear them talk and You'ld feel sorry for them. Even the professors.

It's like the issue of a madman. call him a mad man he will convince you more he is a mad man by trying to convince you he is not a mad man.

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mayoor15(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

Really, please describe what they were doing exactly and the direct consequences of their actions
Dont know if you one of those that dont believe in God, my only prayer for you is that you dont experience witchcraft attack.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
emusmithy:

The existence of witches is a PROVEN FACT likewise.
Proven by who?? Do u even know the meaning of proven??

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mostyg(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
I guess you have never seen where exorcism is been performed, where the subject (the possessed) speaks the language he never spoke nor understood in his sane mind.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:
Dont know if you one of those that dont believe in God, my only prayer for you is that you dont experience witchcraft attack.
So u can't describe what exactly they were doing?? Too bad... Well as someone said "A person's perception of his reality"... U want to believe there are witches, it's convenient for u, so..
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
mostyg:
I guess you have never seen where exorcism is been performed, where the subject (the possessed) speaks the language he never spoke nor understood in his sane mind.
Yeah... Just like some mad people...

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Some people do not understand the power of mental delusions. Schizophrenia, insanity, and so on.

Imagine if JK Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has schizophrenia.
You think she wouldn't have composed that terrific fictional world?

The only difference is that she would have claimed that the whole thing was real. And some gullible Nairalanders would have bought into it. Giving the more rational of us a hard time refuting their delusions.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by khadaffi(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:

When you see a real witch let me know. This shouldn't be hard right? I have been looking for them. Since I was born all I ever heard are just fairy tales.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Gerrard59(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2016
Double post
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

Proven by who?? Do u even know the meaning of proven??

Proven? By the Bible. Not by some fallacies!

The Scriptures say: "Suffer not a witch to live."

I stand with the Bible; it's been proven and tried 7 times!
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Gerrard59(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Unfortunately, things like these will continue because we have less than 250 qualified psychiatrists in a country of 200 million.

The fields of Neuroscience, Psychology and Psychiatry should be espoused in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by freecocoa(f): 10:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
mayoor15:
These witches though, so they only operate in Africa?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by foladara777(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
emusmithy:

Proven? By the Bible. Not by some fallacies!

The Scriptures say: "Suffer not a witch to live."

I stand with the Bible!
U gat to be kidding?? The same bible that said Noah invited all species of animals into a wooden boat, male and female
The one that said Jesus ascended into heaven even though the world ain't flat so heaven is not up above us??
The bible itself has not been proven and u want to use it as proof of existence of witches??

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mayoor15(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

So u can't describe what exactly they were doing?? Too bad... Well as someone said "A person's perception of his reality"... U want to believe there are witches, it's convenient for u, so..
Atheist spotted. God help you that is my prayer for you. I hope if you and others like you get an encounter with them, I hope you'll be bold enough to come here and admit that God really exist....

1 Like

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
foladara777:

U gat to be kidding?? The same bible that said Noah invited all species of animals into a wooden boat, male and female
The one that said Jesus ascended into heaven even though the world ain't flat so heaven is not up above us??
The bible itself has not been proven and u want to use it as proof of existence of witches??

The Word of God is quick and powerful!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Stephanie Henshaw - Chris Okotie's Ex-Wife - On Their Divorce / Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.