Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue (32026 Views)

Ifayemi Elebuibon Hosts Witches And Wizards In Osun / Man Writes Abuja 'Witches And Wizards' A Warning Letter (Photo) / There Is No Such Things As Witchcraft Or Magic Spells (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by mostyg(m): 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can you pls elaborate on this once you witnessed?

It makes no difference......
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by ifenes(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
Acidosis:
There is a huge difference between Witchcraft and Psychosis madam.

You need to read more on Psychosis, Schizophrenia, Personality disorders, Depression... These stuffs vary from Witchcraft.

If you have ever seen psychotic patients, you should know the likely consequences of labelling them "WITCHES". You'd almost get your face burnt. Unless your pastor is dum.b, he should know the differences between a schizo and a very normal human being whose only problem is flying ONLY in the dream and holding meetings underworld (witchcraft manipulations).

Meanwhile, your post lack scientific references, it sounds so incoherent and clumsy. How could you call insomnia witchcraft? You've largely described hallucination, and that again isn't witchcraft.

Please check the internet, read, read, and read wide, you will be amazed to know that the WHITES (who gave you education and everything you are/know today) believe and practice witchcraft! Go and read your books, I can assure you that a larger percentage of your Doctors in the human behavioural sciences believe in Witchcraft.

Thank you for this post. It is obvious a lot of people misunderstand what witchcraft is. I chose not say much on it because majority of the people here both so called Athiest and religious folk are incredibly ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by khadaffi(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
Amadaz:
The reason for your doubts is not far fetched. You're an atheist and arguements with people like you dont end in a hurry.

First this thread is not about which religion I belong to. If you had asked I would have told you.

You know what I think? I think you have not seen a witch before, you don't even know if they exist. You probably believe they exist because the bible says so and some people you trust also believe in it. In your own interest and your generation, I beg you, do a research on these witchcraft and you will find out its all crap and lies. I'm from Edo state, Benin city, Uhunwonde LGA, Ehor village. This place is one of the least developed place in Edo state and there is the belief in witchcraft and all sort of crap gods. Infact my dad even worshiped one of those gods. Benin city is believed to be the center of witchcraft and I've heard many people say there is no ordinary person from Ehor that they are all witch, so you can imagine if someone like me today is telling you these things are fairy tales.

In the year 2000 or 2001 (I'm not so sure now) around december period, I was among the crowd that burnt a very bony lady in ring road that confessed being a witch. I also watched the "Evbuotubu wonders" on television. If you ask any benin man above 35years he will surely explain that to you. The situation were all similar, the people willingly confessed being a witch.

Now back to my village, its possible to pay and become a witch. They will give you a concoction and you drink and according to them you become a witch. But I can confirm that that concotion had killed someone I know. Another person that drank it was later admitted in UBTH. Bro these things are lies. I'm not a kid. This challenge I'm giving you now, I also gave it to most of my relative to provide. But we are still where we started.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Amadaz(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Is this fleximore other account?
it dont matter?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Anas09: 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Anas09 is this you or Ur brother?
This atheists don craze finish oo. So because una get 10 accounts, una think say everyone go get many accounts like una?
Gerrarahia mehnnn.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Gift101(m): 2:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:
A pack of stray or feral dogs. Why do the witches have to turn into animals to meet? How will they communicate while they exist as animals that can't talk? If you say they can communicate telepathically, then I must ask you why they need to meet in a physical place.

Not all witches transform to animals. Most of them possesses the animal. This is why you hear of stories that after they killed the cat, dog, rat e.t.c the witch will die in the physical realm or starts confessing and die later on.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by EyeHateGod: 2:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gift101:

Not all witches transform to animals. Most of them possesses the animal. This is why you hear of stories that after they killed the cat, dog, rat e.t.c the witch will die in the physical realm or starts confessing and die later on.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by ScienceWatch: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Teempakguy:
I haven't been a mental patient before and I would like to know how you arrived at the conclusion that atheists and agnostics are insane.
Hi Teempakguy, sorry for the misunderstanding there. The reply was not directed at you. BEMIND said this ; "Come to the Federal Psychiatric Hospital in Yaba and see numerous witches in action.
I was one of them. Before I got treatment."

BEMIND wont accept that psychiatric problems are all spiritual problems, he prefer to use very dangerous drugs. Science, atheism, agnosticism, evolution and the big bang has deliberately laid a vicious trap. They all shout out proudly, "There is no GOD."
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by orunto27: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
Is there anything like wickness and magic?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by martha89: 1:40am On Dec 09, 2016
mayoor15:
Go hit an ishan babe and run to US, u go know say teleporting na real....Ishan babes no vex o-o-o
idiot
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by AlfaAce(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2016
I once lost a brother,months later my grandpa's brother confessed to killing him.As if that wasn't enough,he also said he was behind a car accident in which we almost lost our lives. At that time,my dad was also facing some financial problems,he was fed up with life,this old-man confessed he was behind it . . . . Immediately he died,things started to fall in place.There are unseen forces,Witches and wizards exist.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by bemind(f): 9:19pm On Dec 15, 2016
AlfaAce:
I once lost a brother,months later my grandpa's brother confessed to killing him.As if that wasn't enough,he also said he was behind a car accident in which we almost lost our lives. At that time,my dad was also facing some financial problems,he was fed up with life,this old-man confessed he was behind it . . . . Immediately he died,things started to fall in place.There are unseen forces,Witches and wizards exist.

Just pray pray pray that one day, when you get old and frail someone in your family doesn't tag you as a witch/wizard. Just remember this day in 2016 when you called your aged grand uncle a wizard. Have you heard of dementia before? Please read up on it. Older people are usually victims. My bro, pray you are not a victim of dementia when you are old. Because it is then people will start to call you wizard. People with Dementia loose parts of their memory and this progressively gets worse. It is not unsual for patients to make fictitious claims as the ones you noted.

Today is 15th Dec. 2016. I hope you will recall this day, when you yourself gets old, may be you hit 77 years. White hair, white beards, a walking stick, glasses to aid the eyes, then add this to grand children who have been unable to get jobs or sustain a viable business who then tag you as a wizard that is responsible for all their failings.

Pray pray pray that someone else in your family doesn't point at you as the cause of all their woes.

If you have any more aged grand parents/uncles/relatives alive today, you should show them love. Call them and spend time with them. Do not call them witches, how would you feel if the tables where turned when you hit 77?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by AlfaAce(m): 10:03pm On Dec 15, 2016
bemind:

Just pray pray pray that one day, when you get old and frail someone in your family doesn't tag you as a witch/wizard. Just remember this day in 2016 when you called your aged grand uncle a wizard. Have you heard of dementia before? Please read up on it. Older people are usually victims. My bro, pray you are not a victim of dementia when you are old. Because it is then people will start to call you wizard. People with Dementia loose parts of their memory and this progressively gets worse. It is not usual for patients to make fictitious claims as the ones you noted.

Today is 15th Dec. 2016. I hope you will recall this day, when you yourself gets old, may be you hit 77 years. White hair, white beards, a walking stick, glasses to aid the eyes, then add this to grand children who have been unable to get jobs or sustain a viable business who then tag you as a wizard that is responsible for all their failings.

Pray pray pray that someone else in your family doesn't point at you as the cause of all their woes.

If you have any more aged grand parents/uncles/relatives alive today, you should show them love. Call them and spend time with them. Do not call them witches, how would you feel if the tables where turned when you hit 77?
I didn't accuse him,he confessed.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by bemind(f): 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2016
AlfaAce:

I didn't accuse him,he confessed.

Dementia can make you say things that have no basis with reality because the individual is no longer fully in control of his thought processes. If you go to a mental hospital and see aged patients at the later stages of this condition, you'll see that sometimes they cannot even recall their own names or the faces of their blood relatives. Just like every other part of our body, the brain also can get sick sometimes, just as organs like appendix, or heart or kidney can fail, the brain can degenerate too.

I am saying when you are in this condition, you loose your ability to recall things and acquire an over-active imagination. Pray it doesn't happen to you and you find your self saying funny things as well. In a normal society the family members will be available to care for their grand uncles/relatives when they fall into the hands of illnesses such as this. They say things like "Grand Uncle its ok, I am here, there is no river here, you are in the hospital, you will be fine". Instead of taking every word he mutters as fact and acting on what can only be described as an overactive imagination.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by AlfaAce(m): 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2016
bemind:

Dementia can make you say things that have no basis with reality because the individual is no longer fully in control of his thought processes. If you go to a mental hospital and see aged patients at the later stages of this condition, you'll see that sometimes they cannot even recall their own names or the faces of their blood relatives. Just like every other part of our body, the brain also can get sick sometimes, just as organs like appendix, or heart or kidney can fail, the brain can degenerate too.

I am saying when you are in this condition, you loose your ability to recall things and acquire an over-active imagination. Pray it doesn't happen to you and you find your self saying funny things as well. In a normal society the family members will be available to care for their grand uncles/relatives when they fall into the hands of illnesses such as this. They say things like "Grand Uncle its ok, I am here, there is no river here, you are in the hospital, you will be fine". Instead of taking every word he mutters as fact and acting on what can only be described as an overactive imagination.
Someone confessed to killing my brother and many other people and you call that overactive imagination?
We never told relative about the accident,so how did he know?
If he was no longer in control of his thought processes,how was he able to remember the people he had killed and was about to kill?
You are very funny.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by edogho(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2016
MrMontella:

the difference between atheists/materialists and theists/dualists is that atheists do not doubt the power of the brain...
Your siggy tho
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by dangotesmummy: 7:52am On Dec 16, 2016
Seun:
When people lynch "witches", they're lynching people who are seriously ill and in need of medical (psychiatric) help. Shame on "witch" killers.
suffer not a witch to live.it's in the bible.if you let a witch go Scot free like that he/she Will wreck more havoc. It's like catching a thief and letting him go.you've only empowered him to be more clever and smart in his stealing

Witchcraft and witches are an abomination before God.they're the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today. Undeveloped,vulnerable,poor,brutish,and fraudulent
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by orunto27: 8:12am On Dec 16, 2016
You mean that the Concept of Adversaries is madness?
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by orunto27: 8:30am On Dec 16, 2016
That is you are saying:- A Psychiatric Issue is Witchery. A mad person, if female, is a Witch. And if male, a Warlock. Then a faithful Warlock is a Wizard.
Re: There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue by Teibaba(m): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband And I Are Not Divorced - Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Wife, Helen / Pa S.G. Elton - A Missionary & A Legend In Nigeria's Pentecostal Revival / Russia Intensifies Jehovah’s Witnesses Crackdown With New Jailings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.