Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER (5239 Views)

How Much For App Like Uber / Taxify / How Much It Cost To Build An App Like Uber Or Spotify / Let's Build An App That Can Predict Bet9ja Virtual League (FUN PROJECT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by vpaymoney(m): 1:02am On Nov 27, 2016
Pls house , don't know if this is the ryt place to post this, but am posting as it is in my heart ryt now. I really wanna learn how yo build an app from scratch like a pro. App like UBER* not like ogt n others o. Am readily ready for learning o. Pls nairalanders pls help me out. I have a urge for this from deeply within. This is a clarion call to ALL *app* developers in Nigeria to come to my aid. Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by vpaymoney(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2016
Anybody here!
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by kaythinks(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2016
There are sites like AppGeyser .com that enables you to create any app in minutes. However, its advisable you learn using phonegap to build apps. You need to be proficient in HTML,CSS and JavaScript to be able to use phonegap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by lekropasky(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
You'll have to learn Java first if you want to build an app that is as efficient as UBER, if you were able learn Java, then you can build an app like UBER...
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by vpaymoney(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Wow! Java programming. Am going for it. HTML CSS also but java first.
@lekropasky do you have any knowledge?
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by lekropasky(m): 4:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
vpaymoney:
Yeah. Am a Java programmer. Google search - "Java, how to program by dietel" and download it, the book is great and its gonna give you partially all you need to start as an android developer. GOOD LUCK.
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by vpaymoney(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2016
lekropasky:

Yeah. Am a Java programmer. Google search - "Java, how to program by dietel" and download it, the book is great and its gonna give you partially all you need to start as an android developer. GOOD LUCK.
Aiit thanks bro.
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by originalhuman: 2:11am On Nov 28, 2016
And when you are done with that or at least gotten to the GUI part mention me and I will help you with the Android development ebook by same author.
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by imohchard(m): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
originalhuman:
And when you are done with that or at least gotten to the GUI part mention me and I will help you with the Android development ebook by same author.

whats d name of the ebook bro?
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by originalhuman: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
imohchard:

whats d name of the ebook bro?
Android 6 for programmers by Deitel n Deitel 3rd edition

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by magimazda: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2016
you could also try udacity.com. They have a really good free android beginners course
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by emmanuelbrown26: 9:29am On Jan 03, 2017
magimazda:
you could also try udacity.com. They have a really good free android beginners course
boss hope am not late. Pls wat are the requirements to start

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:04am On Jan 03, 2017
List of things to learn
1) python
2) java
3) android studio
4) android XML
5) php and mysql
6) machine learning and graph db with python
7) distributed database management systems
cool mysql , mongodb
9) HTML and CSS
10) JavaScript
11) project management

All dis can take you years to learn so simply learn number 11 and gather guys with d other skills.

You will find many programmers with those skills dat will work for free but be ready to share your company

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by oluwadubem: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
There re hundred of programming language out there nd all do great stuffs,so any programming lang that can build app can also build app like uber,so you can pick one nd learn just as you wanna start up with java,know is not about the p_language can give you an app like uber but ur brain contribute a lot in giving app like (uber)

#ndi owutee

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by ManojRupareliy: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2017
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like Uber?
Why You Should Have Your Own App Like Uber? All The Answers With The Cost Is Here.
https://www.elluminatiinc.com/uber-like-app-builder/
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by xavi50(m): 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
I know a site that will teach you everything from 3D game design, website development, interior design and many others. Email me directly for more info
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by Visionwriter: 3:01pm On Apr 18, 2017
The best way to learn is by building an app. If you look for tutorials that teach you different parts, it would be hard to remember at the end. Get a book like 'Learning Android' by O'reilly. Some can be found free online. They go step by step from basics and then help you build a real app. They will teach you Java and XML as directly related to Android.

You don't need HTML and CSS. You will however need to learn another language like PHP and MySQL to help you store and get user information in the server. So get a book and build an app. That's how I learned this stuff.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by vpaymoney(m): 12:49am On Apr 20, 2017
ManojRupareliy:
How Much Does It Cost To Develop An App Like Uber?
Why You Should Have Your Own App Like Uber? All The Answers With The Cost Is Here.
https://www.elluminatiinc.com/uber-like-app-builder/
I don't really understand what this people are up to? I mean this ellumati. Their eber product is damn expensive. One need to be careful with all this whitys
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by magimazda: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
emmanuelbrown26:

boss hope am not late. Pls wat are the requirements to start
contact 08180479356
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by sparkle6(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2018
Building apps like uber, ebay takes considerable time for lone developer. it can even take years if you are not well experience. so start small, how do i achieve a big project? I break them down into several blocks, first how to make layouts, how to embed database to app, server side, app logic then other utility things like validation, saving user data to txt, csv etc, reading from a pdf, saving user settings. Once you get the intricacies and rudimentary steps, its just couple it up! So get a pet project and develop all the functions of uber one at a time. If you try it straight u might get caught up with the various api used.
Then couple it up and add some flair or extras.
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by itzLanreY: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
sparkle6:
Building apps like uber, ebay takes considerable time for lone developer. it can even take years if you are not well experience. so start small, how do i achieve a big project? I break them down into several blocks, first how to make layouts, how to embed database to app, server side, app logic then other utility things like validation, saving user data to txt, csv etc, reading from a pdf, saving user settings. Once you get the intricacies and rudimentary steps, its just couple it up! So get a pet project and develop all the functions of uber one at a time. If you try it striaght u might get up with the various api used. Then couple it up and add some flair or extras.

very correct..
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by dharmikbabariya: 7:15am On Jan 17, 2019
How you can develop a food delivery app like swiggy? How much does it cost to uber eats like app swiggy? All your answer related this question is defined here: [url="https://www.tecocraft.com/on-demand-food-delivery-app-like-swiggy/"]food delivery app like swiggy[/url]
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by Ajibolatao(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
Why not get Lynda.com account for a token and download any course of your choice like Programming (Java, Python, C#, HTML, CSS, JavaScript...).

You can check out this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4864664/promo-time-premium-lynda.com-account#73256339
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by Bessalitskykh: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
Uber is the best taxi app on a global scale! Despite competition from other similar apps, the company is still the major player in the ridesharing market.

If you want to make an app like Uber, it is important for you to understand the main components of this system.

Recently I've read about how to make an app like Uber https://mlsdev.com/blog/how-to-make-an-app-like-uber and I really recommend you take a look at it. This article worth reading!
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by DanielDanYSBM(m): 8:44am On May 06, 2020
Hi!

I have some tips how to reduce the costs of building a mobile app while crisis here: https://y-sbm.com/blog/what-is-the-cost-of-creating-a-mobile-app-in-2020
Hope it will be useful for everyone.

Good luck!
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by websoptimizatio: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
One of the best ways to learn how to make an app like Uber is to find a course or tutorial that can walk you through the process step-by-step. It can be an online course, an in-person workshop, or even a blog post or video series that goes over all the necessary steps.
No matter what route you choose, ensure you have a solid understanding of the basics before starting. It includes things like app design, development, and marketing. Once you have a handle on these concepts, you can begin to put together the pieces of your app.
Building an app like Uber can be a lot of work, but it can also be fun. So, get started today and see where your app takes you!

Know more- https://www.websoptimization.com/blog/uber-app-development/
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by LikeAking: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2022
vpaymoney:

HTML/CSS first befor JAVA.

Any lang cn build somr tin like Uber.

start from bilding small tin first... Lie 1 + 1
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by natalie10198(f): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2022
vpaymoney:
Pls house , don't know if this is the ryt place to post this, but am posting as it is in my heart ryt now. I really wanna learn how yo build an app from scratch like a pro. App like UBER* not like ogt n others o. Am readily ready for learning o. Pls nairalanders pls help me out. I have a urge for this from deeply within. This is a clarion call to ALL *app* developers in Nigeria to come to my aid. Thanks in advance.
I really appreciate your effect on learning to build an app like uber. But it may take more time, therefore I would suggest you to go for the best taxi app development company. Here, I would suggest you to go for the best taxi app developers like Uplogic Technologies. Visit us: https://www.uplogictech.com/taxi-app-development-company
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by shankars: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Thanks for sharing this useful information.cost to develop an app like uber
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by webcodegenie: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Fantastic goal! Building an app like Uber from scratch is both challenging and rewarding. Here's a roadmap to guide you on this exciting journey:

Learn the Basics:
Begin with the fundamentals of coding. Familiarize yourself with programming languages like Python, Java, or Swift, depending on the platform you choose (Android or iOS).

Understand Mobile App Development:
Dive into the world of mobile app development. Learn about frameworks, libraries, and tools commonly used in the industry. Platforms like React Native or Flutter can be excellent choices for cross-platform development.

Explore App Design Principles:
Delve into user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles. Understand how to create an intuitive and visually appealing app interface. Tools like Adobe XD or Figma can aid in design prototyping.

Database Basics:
Gain a foundational understanding of databases. Learn how to structure and manage data effectively. Popular choices include MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Firebase for real-time data syncing.

Integrate GPS and Mapping Services:
Since Uber relies heavily on location services, understand how to integrate GPS and mapping functionalities. Familiarize yourself with APIs like Google Maps.

Payment Integration:
Explore secure payment gateway integration. Understand the mechanics of handling transactions securely. Stripe or Braintree can be good options.

Backend Development:
Learn the basics of server-side development. Choose a backend language such as Node.js, Django, or Ruby on Rails, and understand how to handle user data, authentication, and server communication.

Testing and Debugging:
Develop skills in testing and debugging. Learn how to identify and fix issues within your app. Familiarize yourself with testing frameworks like Jest or XCTest.

Continuous Learning:
Stay updated on industry trends. Attend webinars, join forums, and participate in developer communities. Technology evolves, and continuous learning is key.

Build a Portfolio
As you progress, showcase your projects in a portfolio. It's not just about what you learn but how you apply it. Future employers or collaborators will appreciate seeing your practical experience.

Ask for Feedback:
Don't be afraid to seek feedback on your work. Engage with the developer community and learn from others' experiences. Constructive criticism is invaluable for improvement.

Enjoy the Process:
Building an app is a journey. Embrace challenges, celebrate small victories, and remember that learning is a continuous process. Enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your ideas come to life.

Remember, you're not alone in this. Online tutorials, coding bootcamps, and mentorship can provide additional support. Best of luck on your app development adventure! By the way, we've got a helpful blog with detailed insights on developing a taxi app like Uber. Check it out for some extra guidance: https://webcodegenie.com/blog/develop-a-taxi-app-like-uber/
Re: I Want To Learn From Scratch How Yo Build An App Like UBER by nimbleappgeniel: 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
I really thank you for helping us figure out how to create a fake app similar to Uber. In any event, you could need to make a larger investment, thus I advise you to choose the top taxi app development business. I would encourage you to pick the top designers of taxi apps. visit us
https://www.nimbleappgenie.com/solutions/taxi-booking-app-development

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications / Building A Word Scramble Game With Javascript (text Based) / What Is Your Favorite IDE [lately]?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.