Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,476 members, 7,781,386 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:38 PM

Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? (940 Views)

My Journey Into heaven / See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived / Charles Obong Buried With N17M In Uganda To Bribe God To Enter Into Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2016
The bible tells us that Jesus ascended into heaven and will come back the same way?? But here is the problem, the world is not flat, therefore we can't say heaven is above because the earth is spherical... So the claims that we will be taken up into heaven and we will all see Jesus in the sky is impossible
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by HungerBAD: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2016
I was not there ohh.

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:18am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:
The bible tells us that Jesus ascended into heaven and will come back the same way?? But here is the problem, the world is not flat, therefore we can't say heaven is above because the earth is spherical... So the claims that we will be taken up into heaven and we will all see Jesus in the sky is impossible
Funny
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2016
Come think of it sef... Even the tower of Babel story days that God saw that those people were going achieve their aim of getting to heaven by penetrating the sky and outer space... The bible didn't know that the earth is not flat and considering that it was inspired by God...

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 8:31am On Nov 27, 2016
So because the earth is not flat that means Jesus did not ascend into heaven ba?

If I may ask, since the earth is not flat, do we live on top or inside?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by jonbellion(m): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:
So because the earth is not flat that means Jesus did not ascend into heaven ba?

*facepalm*
It's a thing called gravity

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

We live on the earth... U tell me, how will Jesus ascend up into heaven, since heaven is not necessarily above us. Then d rapture ish, where we all dramatically fly into heaven, how will those at other end of the earth be taken up... And plss respond to my earlier tower of Babel comment where God was scared humans will build a tower that reached heaven even though that is impossible
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 8:41am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:

We live on the earth... U tell me, how will Jesus ascend up into heaven, since heaven is not necessarily above us. Then d rapture ish, where we all dramatically fly into heaven, how will those at other end of the earth be taken up... And plss respond to my earlier tower of Babel comment where God was scared humans will build a tower that reached heaven even though that is impossible

Faith makes a fool of what make sense. You can use your phone to search for the location of Tower of Babel.......it's no fiction.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

Faith makes a fool of what make sense. You can use your phone to search for the location of Tower of Babel.......it's no fiction.

Cc: Seun, Lalasticlala

The question is not whether there was a tower of Babel... It is whether the 'fears' of God that the humans will build through the clouds, sky and outer space to reach him at heaven were legitimate since God is supposedly all-knowing

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 8:53am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:

The question is not whether there was a tower of Babel... It is whether the 'fears' of God that the humans will build through the clouds, sky and outer space to reach him at heaven were legitimate since God is supposedly all-knowing

I don't think the word is "fear" because God still made them fail. So if you have the power to make someone archive a goal and also the power to make same person fail in the same goal, you won't be scared of the person or the goal, true or false?
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

I don't think the word is "fear" because God still made them fail. So if you have the power to make someone archive a goal and also the power to make same person fail in the same goal, you won't be scared of the person or the goal, true or false?

U are completely missing the point... They couldnt have reached heaven, it was completely impossible... So God thinking they could and trying to stop them contradicts the omniscient nature of God
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:

U are completely missing the point... They couldnt have reached heaven, it was completely impossible... So God thinking they could and trying to stop them contradicts the omniscient nature of God

I understand you very well.

Their target is to reach heaven & they were determined to do so. So saying it's impossible until God stopped them is a discussion for another day. Because bible didn't mention wether is possible or not but only mentioned that they want to get to heaven.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by HCpaul(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

Their target is to reach heaven & they were determined to do so. So saying it's impossible until God stopped them is a discussion for another day. Because bible didn't mention wether is possible or not but only mentioned that they want to get to heaven.

So you are restricted to only what the Bible declared?
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2016
HCpaul:

So you are restricted to only what the Bible declared?
Like I said, those are discussion for another day. If you believe in bible and the teachings in the bible, The bible is clear enough.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by holocron: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

Do you need need the bible to tell you it is impossible to build to heaven? When you already know that after the clouds and atmosphere, you have the troposphere and ionosphere, then outer space, but no heaven? The bible inspired by God, ought to have known this. The reported apprehension of God was uncalled for, given His omniscience.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by foladara777(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2016
nnamdibig:

The bible supports a flat earth... D idea of Jesus appearing and we all seeing him shows that... God scattered d people of the earth because he thought they will be a threat to him... That doesn't show omnipotence
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by Sirmuel1(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2016
Religion = Scam cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by firstking01(m): 11:03am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:
See your empty and shallow imagination....stop to trying understand God cos HIMSELF is a mystery and the things he does are mysterious....your problem should be how to catch up with HIM in the air and not to know weather the earth is spherical or flaccid...
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by jonbellion(m): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2016
The simple answer is no he did not it's an ignorant lie
The bible writers at the time obviously assumed that heaven was deep in the clouds
The modern day christians say heaven is not in this dimension
If that was true jesus' should have disappeared rather than ascended
And he is supposed to be coming back on a flying horse where all eyes would see him but the earth is not flat so this is an impossible scenario
When this obvious discrepancy is shown to christians they engage in cognitive dissonance
There are two conflicting beliefs
But they would do everything to rationalise thier core beliefs
"the earth is actually flat"
'gods ways are not our ways"
"you can't use reason to explain this"
"don't worry just wait and see you'll be sorry"
"You stupid dumb unbeliever you will rot in the furnace of hell where the devil and his goons will piss sulphur on your faces"
Lol
Religion has fukked mankind up really bad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2016
holocron:

Do you need need the bible to tell you it is impossible to build to heaven? When you already know that after the clouds and atmosphere, you have the troposphere and ionosphere, then outer space, but no heaven? The bible inspired by God, ought to have known this. The reported apprehension of God was uncalled for, given His omniscience.

Like I said initially, fate makes a fool of what make sense. Knowledge they say is power. It's now that we know it's impossible to build to heaven. But those guys that was building Tower of Babel didn't know that.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by nnamdibig(m): 11:19am On Nov 27, 2016
foladara777:

The bible supports a flat earth... D idea of Jesus appearing and we all seeing him shows that... God scattered d people of the earth because he thought they will be a threat to him... That doesn't show omnipotence

How bible take support flat earth?
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2016
firstking01:
See your empty and shallow imagination.... [s]top to trying understand God cos HIMSELF is a mystery[/s] and the things he does are mysterious....your problem should be how to catch up with HIM in the air and not to know weather the earth is spherical or flaccid...

DOESNT EXIST! smiley

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by firstking01(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

DOESNT EXIST! smiley
Ok.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by sonmvayina(m): 2:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
When Cardinal Worsely learnt that a german scientist has invented the printing press...he said and i quote "if we dont distroy this invention now, it will one day destroy us"

He knew the scam they call a buybill will be turn apart and the imposibilities exposed...

we will untangle ourselves from it, little by little one person at a time.
Re: Did Jesus Really Ascend Into Heaven?? by Cloud007: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ya'll too literal... Tower of babe oh. Jesus ascending ohh

(1) (Reply)

Wetin We No Go See For NAIJA!!!!!! / Pursue Righteousness - Steve Edwards / Power Against Charms, Magic, Witchcraft And Sorcery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.