Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:40 PM

FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition (1312 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 8 Series User's Official Discussions Thread / Xiaomi Redmi 7 User's Official Discussions Thread / Innjoo Pro 2 With Whopping 6gb Of Ram: other Specs and discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2016
I just downloaded FIFA 17 on my PS4 Console. For about 4 years now I have been a PES Devotee...I abandoned FIFA since 2013 when I experienced a unique gameplay delivered in PES 2013.

So this time around having read the overview of the new FIFA 17 by EA Sports and the introduction of the new enhanced game engine called Frostbite, I decided to give it a try. I hit PlayStation store and bought the FIFA 17 game. File size 38GB, it was not a small job downloading it but I finally got it done.

When I started the game what I saw really wowed me! The resolution put into this is second to none, almost as good as 4k, and for the first time ever, I am seeing game play that is as good as that seen in Pro Evolution Soccer, if not better. A pin in the pitch is easily visible thanks to the enhanced graphics in this new baby from EA Sports. The characters are more than close to real life simulation. EA sports got it right with FIFA 17. I will advise that they keep it real up from now on.

PES has a really hot challenge now, The guys at KONAMI have real big work to do to prevent EA from pushing them into irrelevance. Kudos to EA Sports for this great game.

You should all give it a try grin

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by WesBreezy: 10:40am On Nov 27, 2016
Bossmd:
I just downloaded FIFA 17 on my PS4 Console. For about 4 years now I have been a PES Devotee...I abandoned FIFA since 2013 when I experienced a unique gameplay delivered in PES 2013.

So this time around having read the overview of the new FIFA 17 by EA Sports and the introduction of the new enhanced game engine called Frostbite, I decided to give it a try. I hit PlayStation store and bought the FIFA 17 game. File size 38GB, it was not a small job downloading it but I finally got it done.

When I started the game what I saw really wowed me! The resolution put into this is second to none, almost as good as 4k, and for the first time ever, I am seeing game play that is as good as that seen in Pro Evolution Soccer, if not better. A pin in the pitch is easily visible thanks to the enhanced graphics in this new baby from EA Sports. The characters are more than close to real life simulation. EA sports got it right with FIFA 17. I will advise that they keep it real up from now on.

PES has a really hot challenge now, The guys at KONAMI have real big work to do to prevent EA from pushing them into irrelevance. Kudos to EA Sports for this great game.

You should all give it a try grin
you go buy ps4 for me,make I download am?
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 11:11am On Nov 27, 2016
WesBreezy:

you go buy ps4 for me,make I download am?

Funny dude grin

There is a PC version with similar effects.
You can try it on your PC.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by directonpc(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
What is this doing in mobile section?
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 12:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
directonpc:
What is this doing in mobile section?

Because FIFA 17 is a cross-platform application.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by directonpc(m): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Because FIFA 17 is a cross-platform application.
First your title says [b]PS4[/B]
Secondly your stingy EA didn't release fifa 17 for mobile.

Finally, this is the place u will get most comments on ur topic sha so carry on.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
directonpc:

First your title says PS4[/B]
[b]Secondly your stingy EA didn't release fifa 17 for mobile.

Finally, this is the place u will get most comments on ur topic sha so carry on.

Lol.. They did. .but it's piece of crap.. ..FIFA MOBILE
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by directonpc(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
KillerFrost:

Lol.. They did. .but it's piece of crap.. ..FIFA MOBILE
that is the stingy part. Instead of trying to port the Journey to mobile, they are removing from the mobile and even renaming the game.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by MISTAICEY02288(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
I have a PS4 console too and want a fifa 17 on it. How did you download it on your console. I've actually been thinkin of goin to buy the CD soon and its about 26k presently.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by WesBreezy: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bossmd:

Funny dude grin

There is a PC version with similar effects.
You can try it on your PC.
wouldn't effectively play et. 3gb gam with fifa17? E go too slow
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
directonpc:

First your title says [b]PS4[/B]
Secondly your stingy EA didn't release fifa 17 for mobile.

My brother I don't think any smartphone can handle Frostbite Engine ooh!!

Besides who plays Soccer on a Mobile Phone anyway?
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
MISTAICEY02288:
I have a PS4 console too and want a fifa 17 on it. How did you download it on your console. I've actually been thinkin of goin to buy the CD soon and its about 26k presently.

Yeah FIFA 17 disc for PS4 is around 25-26k. I downloaded mine from PlayStation Store. I got it off the Black Friday Deal at $38. But I must warn you if you want to download the game......the file size is 38GB!

So you may want to get good internet ready before making your purchase. It took me around 24 hours to download using Etisalat with uninterrupted power supply.

The $38 deal ends 29 November and after that the price will revert to $60.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by directonpc(m): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bossmd:

so many people especially Nigerians. When I was in the university many students played fifa 12. I installed for over 200 people.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
directonpc:
so many people especially Nigerians. When I was in the university many students played fifa 12. I installed for over 200 people.

FIFA mobile is meant for teenagers grin
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by directonpc(m): 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bossmd:

FIFA mobile is meant for teenagers grin
lol. Then the 2017 version is for kiddies.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Bossmd:

Yeah FIFA 17 disc for PS4 is around 25-26k. I downloaded mine from PlayStation Store. I got it off the Black Friday Deal at $38. But I must warn you if you want to download the game......the file size is 38GB!

So you may want to get good internet ready before making your purchase. It took me around 24 hours to download using Etisalat with uninterrupted power supply.

Alright bro thannk you. Unfortunately I dont have access to strong internet connection that would be able to download that much at a go. I would just stick to buying the CD. would probably order it online. I just need it to play with fwends and families that would be comin over for Christmas.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Bossmd: 9:13am On Nov 28, 2016
MISTAICEY02288:

Alright bro thannk you. Unfortunately I dont have access to strong internet connection that would be able to download that much at a go. I would just stick to buying the CD. would probably order it online. I just need it to play with fwends and families that would be comin over for Christmas.

That's really okay.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2016
Bossmd:

That's really okay.

Can you post some in game pictures of it here so I could see the graphics and gameplay.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2016
MISTAICEY02288:

U are better off buying the cd, unless of course u have really fast and cheap iternet. It wll cost u about 22k to buy it online and data to download it might cost u up to 10k or more depending on the network u are using.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2016
Bossmd:

Playing fifa or any other football game on mobile is child's play.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
greenhulk:

U are better off buying the cd, unless of course u have really fast and cheap iternet. It wll cost u about 22k to buy it online and data to download it might cost u up to 10k or more depending on the network u are using.

Thanks bro. I've decided thats what I would do cos it would be better. Buyin the Cd would cost about 26k and It pays me more.
Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Hayodave(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
how do you download fifa 17 on your console, ps4, from playstation store and pay with your nigerian card? its not going through since i tried yesterday

Bossmd:

Re: FIFA 17 PS4 Discussions - The Frostbite Edition by Unlimited22: 9:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Playing fifa or any other football game on mobile is child's play.
We agree. But since we don't have PlayStation or Xbox consoles.....

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Brings The Flagship Killer, Nokia 8 / Seeking For Advice. / Where Are All The Nokia S40/s60 Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.