Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest (795 Views)

Miss Nigeria, Unoaku Anyadike Dazzles At The Miss Universe Swimsuit Competition / Miss Angola Wins First Ever Miss Africa 2016 / Miss Africa 2016 Live At Calabar Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by Sugarcious(m): 9:27am On Nov 27, 2016
For over 2 months now we've heard radio and have also seen TV Commercials about the MISS AFRICA 2016 BEAUTY CONTEST hosted in calabar. Everyone was anticipating a complete show down in calabar where I live but last night we were met with disappointment.
Incase you missed the whole event I'll give you a brief summary.

First of all I was impressed with the beautiful contestants from about 18 African countries. Our Nigerian representative was rather flawless and articulate as well. But everything took a turn when they were brought back on stage again. This time not on their beautiful cultural attires but on SWIM SUITS. The girls were almost nearly half naked. Even the men in the audience found it difficult to concentrate. Now I'm wondering, HOW THE HECK DOES WEARING SWIM SUITS RELATE TO CLIMATE CHANGE? That aside...

The most disappointing part was when some wacky comedians were invited on stage. One comedian by the name SENATOR went too far with his joke. In a mission to make the audience laugh by all costs SENATOR had to crack silly jokes about Rape and the Police force right in front of the foreigners. I didn't find that funny in any way.

The governor without a doubt spent millions of naira in organizing and inviting wacky artists from sothafrica and Tanzania. I was more disappointed when i discovered that tekno wasn't even performing but his name including Dija and Victoria k were among the artists to perform. KATE HENSHAW was too strick when she hammered those questions.

To make matters worse, one of the host EFFIONG EKPENYOUNG was only interested in interviewing politicians. That was when I knew that our state has a commissioner for climate change. And i was just wondering, WHAT IS THE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT DOING?

Overall, I think this event was the worst I've ever seen. Congratulations to MISS ANGOLA.

1 Like

Re: My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by naijamakossa(m): 10:12am On Nov 27, 2016
grin
Re: My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by AnodaIT(m): 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
I couldn't laugh at the jokes, it was so inappropriate and embarrassing
Re: My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by babythug(f): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Missed majority of the show unfortunately but I was most disappointed by kiss daniel's performance! Don't even know if I can call it that. He spent few minutes trying to chat up miss Angola, his dancers and the dj had already started up the music. It was just rowdy somehow somehow. At the end of the day he didn't even have stage presence to make his performance enjoyable

Utter nonsense
Re: My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by Sugarcious(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
babythug:
Missed majority of the show unfortunately but I was most disappointed by kiss daniel's performance! Don't even know if I can call it that. He spent few minutes trying to chat up miss Angola, his dancers and the dj had already started up the music. It was just rowdy somehow somehow. At the end of the day he didn't even have stage presence to make his performance enjoyable

Utter nonsense

I noticed that too...he was booking space LOL.
Re: My View On The Miss Africa 2016 Beauty Contest by babythug(f): 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
Sugarcious:

I noticed that too...he was booking space LOL.

grin you know I considered that too

(1) (Reply)

Miss Wazobia Nigeria 2019 / Eid'el Fitri Celebration; Bar Beach Drowns: / Bulk Orders For Gift Items? Consider It Done Within 24hrs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.