Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76240 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Lasskeey: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
bigtt76:
So because you de fly with them, make den buy you full lunch? grin go and sidon jaaaare
....Abeg help me tell am grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
British Airways from Lagos to Abuja. Abeg which Airport did you board that? Am sure not Muritala Muhammed Airport. Maybe an underground airport in Lagos
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by castrokins(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
You Wan Chop Food You No Cook For Your House? Arik Na Eatery?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:
cheesy

Sentences on Nairaland containing the words "...obtainable in other climes" is typically followed by uninformed opinions of "other climes."

(damn, I hate that phrase - other climes)

Honestly, in the grand scheme of flying, they did well in offering that on a short flight.

Many US airlines don't even offer that much, or anything at all. Except on longer flights 3+ hours.
Then again, flight food is usually crappy anyway. So who cares. Eat before you fly, or take something to snack on.

Most people complain of flight food not being tasty, its actually due to the high altitude, the higher you go the less food is going to taste right...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Lasskeey: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.
..... We hear you grin grin grin

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
British Airways from Lagos to Abuja. Abeg which Airport did you board that? Am sure not Muritala Muhammed Airport. Maybe an underground airport in Lagos

You people should let me be, I said, Arik to Nigeria...Whom said anything about Lagos to Abuja.

5 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by w1sEmAn: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
So make dem giv u food worth ur ticket money abi?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Ihavespoken: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bro it seems na restaurant you dey look for inside flight.

Only international flights offer such service.

Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Oga, fly Arik from Lasgidi to New York your lamentation go change..

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Realdeals(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lol! Recession is taking its toll on them, what I received on a Air peace flight from Abuja is woeful, I received and open the content, thereafter return it..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
Better! Cuz i was wondering if it was the same airport i know
Vanquay:

You people should let me be, I said, Arik to Nigeria...Whom said anything about Lagos to Abuja.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Lasskeey: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
youngsahito:
na buhari cause am
.... Yes grin grin grin

And he also cause dis on British Airways grin cheesy

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Deilluminator(m): 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
Next time, buy those things and sit with others. You don get economy class be that

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by uzolexis(f): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
flew budapest to berlin on air berlin less than 2 hr flight and i just got a cup of juice and muffin. short distance flights are like that in fact some don't even serve anything at all esp. the low cost ones like ryan air and wizz air. I be regular for those airlines within Europe cos they are cheap but they don't serve you nothing on board.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Ask4Info: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
anitank:
dubai to doha is only an hour and about $200. They also get served with sandwich and juice so what exactly is your complaint? Its the same on all short haul flights across the world

How come i never get served anything on that Dubai to Doha (and vice versa) route? i offend them? I fly Qatar Air but only get to look out of the window with nothing to be served.

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by thaoriginator: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Husse12:
The country is hard na. If na me get the airline na groundnut and banana I for dey share
Oga! E be like you don't know how much is banana? Abi na spoilt banana you wan dey serve?

4 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Bro, i havent board a plane outter the country before but no airline service will offer you more than what arik you are seeing, maybe a little bit of improvement not the Nigeria kind of expectations
OgaTheTop2:
Oga, fly Arik from Lasgidi to New York your lamentation go change..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

Most people complain of flight food not being tasty, its actually due to the high altitude, the higher you go the less food is going to taste right...

I've heard different iterations of excuses for crappy flight food, like claustrophobia, cabin pressure, engine noise etc.
All backed by research.

However, I call bullshit on them. You can disprove it yourself. Simply take your own tasty meal on a flight, and see if it changes taste.

Answer = Nope!

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by highwaist: 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nigerian and freebies are 5/6

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by mriyesecnerwal(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
What's OP saying. Like its your first time on a local flight or you're the first in your generation. Its not recession or anything. That's what you get served on all local flight or less. Journey of just an hour or so you want to turn it to owambe abi! Gerrarahere mehn shiiiit

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by porshuch: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
hah ah ah haha that air france be like Naija local aircraft, my bro no dey use him ear hear air france, after his experience with them .

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by queenfav(f): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:
I dont understand, were you expecting pounded yam, egusi soup and bushmeat? Which "other climes"? I flew from Paris to Manchester in Air France and all they gave me was a small muffin and a "barbie" sized cup of tea. angry
you just made my day..lwkmd..na really pounded yam,lol.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Taku555(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
bigtt76:
So because you de fly with them, make den buy you full lunch? grin go and sidon jaaaare
you are wicked with the diction of words. Please change!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by lindiwey: 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
Reminds of the contents in my kids lunch pack cheesy grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by fkdmods: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
soberdrunk:

Don't mind him. You'll always know a hungry man when you see one.

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by bjt(m): 8:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

I don't think you are right
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by anitank(f): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ask4Info:

How come i never get served anything on that Dubai to Doha (and vice versa) route? i offend them? I fly Qatar Air but only get to look out of the window with nothing to be served.

If you're sleeping within that time you don't get woken or served, because we still have to collect the trash anyway and get the cabin ready for landing. It's a short flight and we need to expedite as much as we can. Pele, Try to stay awake next time tongue

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by dollyinxx(f): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ayo n pa e, i guessed it was your first flight. Go n fly Overland and see semi snack with juice or water in d smallest disposable cup. Then you will learn how not to make your first experience look like a genuine news.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
NaLaugh:

I've heard different iterations of excuses for crappy flight food, like claustrophobia, cabin pressure, engine noise etc.
All backed by research.

However, I call bullshit on them. You can disprove it yourself. Simply take your own tasty meal on a flight, and see if it changes taste.

Answer = Nope!

I didn't want to go into the technical details as to why it happens. I could get you a copy of Human Performance, its a subject offered by pilots which expains why the food taste different.

And the answer is yes, I have taken my own food multiple times on a flight and it taste different. (I can take my food on a flight)
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
bigtt76:
No mind am Flight when no reach 1hoir U want chop lunch
Nigerians and their love for awoof

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Fidelismaria: 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
Husse12:
The country is hard na. If na me get the airline na groundnut and banana I for dey share
Lols y not serve guguru nd epa
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by martyns303(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
bjt:

I don't think you are right

I am 100% right, in a pressurized aircraft your sense of taste can reduce as much as 30%, as low as from 8000ft not to talk of 35,000ft..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.