Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class (76251 Views)

27km Blue Line project Ready For Passengers In 2022— Lagos Govt / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
fkdmods:

Don't mind him. You'll always know a hungry man when you see one.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Ask4Info: 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
anitank:

If you're sleeping within that time you don't get woken or served, because we still have to collect the trash anyway and get the cabin ready for landing. It's a short flight and we need to expedite as much as we can. Pele, Try to stay awake next time tongue

They start by offering water and once i say "i mind", they assume i don't want anything throughout the 45mins or so flight. I am always even too tired to talk or start calling any hottess on that particular route.

Are you an Air Hosttess for Qatar Air?

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Swints: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Op is this your first time of flying? Abi cos you dey watch movie where dem dey serve food you expected a buffet.
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

l[b][/b]east a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NeuroBoss(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
Flew Arik to a West African destination. They served a #50 cup cake and something like sobo drink in a disposable cup.
I loved their in-flight magazine sha. That one go cost like #500 I carry am waka.

5 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Kobicove(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Is this your first time of flying Arik on a local flight?

By the way what were you expecting for the miserable N32k you paid for the flight?

A 3 course meal? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by obailala(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.
In terms of the food, abeg whats the difference between arik and BA?... or couod this just be the natural disgust Nigerians have for Nigerian stuff?

4 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Bro, i havent board a plane outter the country before but no airline service will offer you more than what arik you are seeing, maybe a little bit of improvement not the Nigeria kind of expectations
It's even worse. I once flew Arik from Lagos to Accra, we were served just same shiit u got . I flew Air Rwanda from Lagos to same Accra and we got served full course meal and also topped it down with two bottles of red wine. Honestly, Air Rwanda has been my best so far from my international travels and I always wish they could expand their routes beyond Africa.. Arik air is just full of shaits for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by shotster50(m): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lol you expecting a buffet on a short haul intra country flight? grin

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by anitank(f): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ask4Info:

They start by offering water and once i say "i mind", they assume i don't want anything throughout the 45mins or so flight. I am always even too tired to talk or start calling any hottess on that particular route.

Are you an Air Hosttess for Qatar Air?

yeah most people on dubai sectors are usually coming from connecting flights too stressed and too tired, that's why it's a rule not to wake the ones sleeping. But the next time you travel, by all means ask for whatever you want.

Yes I am

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by NaLaugh: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
martyns303:

I didn't want to go into the technical details as to why it happens. I could get you a copy of Human Performance, its a subject offered by pilots which expains why the food taste different.

And the answer is yes, I have taken my own food multiple times on a flight and it taste different. (I can take my food on a flight)

Placebo-type effect, bro.

I accidentally had the heat set to fan lat night, BUT I woke up sweating this morning. Outside temperature was 30 deg. F (-1 Celsius).

How did this happen? I was convinced the heat was on, so my body responded accordingly.

There is no complex technical detail to why they believe it happens, simply that the factors I mentioned earlier numb your taste buds.
The supposed effect isn't on the food itself, but on you.

That said, taste is highly subjective, so I can't insist on how your taste buds respond. I can only tell you how mine do. smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Waoh! Air Rwanda. Do they operate locally?
OgaTheTop2:
It's even worse. I once flew Arik from Lagos to Accra, we were served just same shiit u got . I flew Air Rwanda from Lagos to same Accra and we got served full course meal and also topped it down with two bottles of red wine. Honestly, Air Rwanda has been my best so far from my international travels and I always wish they could expand their routes beyond Africa.. Arik air is just full of shaits for me.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
E clear na your first flight be this,guy no fall your hand for NL.it has always been like this since time immemorial

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by bookface: 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
So from your 32k, you expect the airline to

a) Pay for the Pilot's time

b) Pay for the host/hostess time

c) Pay airport fees

d) Pay for the fuel

e) Pay for the maintenance of the aircraft

f) Give you and everyone else full lunch? shocked

g) Remain profitable and stay in business

Nigerians self! Why not give us examples of these "other climes" where such is obtainable?

3 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Topmaike007(m): 8:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
All of una dey use aeroplane dey shook my eye, how many of una don enter train before? From lagos to Zaria and sit down in first class with full AC

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Waoh! Air Rwanda. Do they operate locally?
They operate within Africa. I flew with them to Johannesburg via Kigali, Lusaka then Jo'burg. Walahi, I got drunk on that flight on reaching Jo'burg.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OsuGanja(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Vanquay:
I once travelled To Nigeria with Arik...Dad took Business class and I took Economy.

We both complained, that's how shìtty Arik is, I have never flown with them again. Instead I use British airways or the likes.

Did I insinuate I live in Nigeria?...Lord knows which holes these dunces crawl out from.

Lmao!!

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by weblord1900: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
dominique:
Free Arik abeg. Aero that served Burger peanuts and water/juice served in disposable cups nko? [b]Ever since I've been flying local, I've never been served any sumptuous meal, not that I bothered anyways. [/b]We're currently facing a recession, airlines are seriously cutting costs. What Arik served is really not that bad considering the situation of things.

Would have been better if you had removed the bold line.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ceasare: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
slightlyMad:
i have always wondered, why not make it 34K and serve quality food
no!, they will rather serve about-to-expire buns with micro juice. grin

U be senior comedian!!! U should be making money from AY live!
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by idisagree: 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
oga its not worth more than 150. It is just 130naira
mu2sa2:
Just one-hour flight and you expect to be served what? If you were hungry for jollof rice why didnt you visit the restaurant at the airpot and eat to your fill before boarding. Btw what they served you is worth more than 150. You should thank Arik for not only pampering you with 4 different items but also even fly barely profitable routes like Lagos -Jos in these harsh economic times when airlines are struggling to stay afloat.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by YhungPablo(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
me wey never pass naira land weytin I go do so.
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by itzsniper(m): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
decatalyst:
Op, it happy hour grin grin

After the buns or puff puff, you wash it down with that juice and take sweet so that ur mouth of our will not scare people away in the airport. Lol!

grin grin
so caus u board a flight of 45mins to 1hr, u want dem give u food wey go cure ur hunger of 5yrs bah?
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by kinibigdeal(m): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
I mean within the Nigerian metropolis
OgaTheTop2:
They operate within Africa. I flew with them to Johannesburg via Kigali, Lusaka then Jo'burg. Walahi, I got drunk on that flight on reaching Jo'burg.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by ephi123(f): 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Most airlines are going the route of passengers paying for food and drinks on short haul flights, it only remains complimentary on long haul flights, so you should be thanking Arik sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Viking007(m): 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
But this has been their normal snack, nothing new. Same with aero. undecided
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Kdiva(f): 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Husse12:
The country is hard na. If na me get the airline na groundnut and banana I for dey share

groundnut and banana is better than the crap they serve.
But op,is this your first time flying? cause this is what most airlines serve.. they're even better than earpiece sorry air peace that serves you water in disposable cup.. at least you saw juice.

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by OgaTheTop2: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
kinibigdeal:
I mean within the Nigerian metropolis
I understood you in your first message. Nope, they operate within Africa and not locally within naija metropolis..
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by cosade(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
kkokoma:
I paid $80 from Toronto to Ottawa and its was just a small muffin and water they gave me. I didn't take it because I felt they may charge extra for it and. I was feeling queasy from the way Air Canada fly almost vertically for the first fifteen minutes. Its the same all over the world , their breakeven margin is very tight

It's like that is the flying style in North America. The first time I flew within US, I had the same experience which was strange to me then. At a point, I was thinking we were in a rocket. Now I am used to it.

I guess it's the first time OP flew within Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Gido:
I paid N32k for a seat in economy class of Arik Air from

Lagos to Jos and was expecting to be served with at

least a nigerian standard plate of plain jollof rice. Lo and

behold, Arik gave me a snack pack worth N150!!!!!! Haba

Arik una big pass happy hour and starlight biscuit naa.

You need to improve on what you serve your customers

in domestic routes as obtainable in other climes.

Guy you want to drink champagne and moet ni

4 Likes

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by davedan88(m): 9:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ena wahala too much. Ninja with food. Next time carry ur food flask full of amala n okro follow body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by freecocoa(f): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
Just how many minutes flight, for economy and you expect to be served a buffet? You are funny o. grin

1 Like

Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by MandingoXXX: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
mu2sa2:
Just one-hour flight and you expect to be served what? If you were hungry for jollof rice why didnt you visit the restaurant at the airpot and eat to your fill before boarding. Btw what they served you is worth more than 150. You should thank Arik for not only pampering you with 4 different items but also even fly barely profitable routes like Lagos -Jos in these harsh economic times when airlines are struggling to stay afloat.

Arik shareholder spotted. grin
Re: The Content Of The Snack Pack Arik Air Gives Passengers In Economy Class by cosade(m): 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
Iolo:
No airline serves proper food like Rice and local flights bro.

Not now, but in the 80s and early 90s. Yes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / China Opens ₦7.3trillion World’s Longest Sea Bridge Designed To Last 120 Years / Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.