Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu (694 Views)

Urhobo Not Part Of Biafra, Says Umukoro, UPU Press Secretary / Atiku: Obasanjo Wanted Life Presidency Not Third Term... / Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu And Wife Blasted By Trolls [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by dotcomnamename: 2:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
Politician and businessman, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop treating the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kalu, as a hero.

Iwuanyanwu advised President Buhari not to treat the IPOB leader as an important personality by keeping him in detention for months but to quickly try him in court.

Iwuanyanwu, who spoke on Friday at the National Executive Council meeting of the Nigerian Union of journalists in Owerri, the Imo state capital, said Igbo desired to produce the president of the country and not to separate from it.

He said, “Igbo people are majority tribe in Nigeria. We are everywhere and doing greatly.”

He urged the President to quickly summon a meeting of elders in the country in order to find a permanent solution to the Niger Delta problems and insurgency.

Iwuanyanwu also berated the Niger Delta militants for blowing up oil pipelines, describing the act as stupidity capable of hindering the progress in the region.

Also, the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, who spoke at the event, said the country’s unity was non-negotiable.

The governor vowed to do everything to keep the country as one.

Okorocha said, “I see myself as an unusual Nigerian. While Igbo parents gave birth to me, I was born in the North, went to school there and even married in the North there. I was empowered by the West. For me, there is no better place to call our own than Nigeria. We must do everything possible to protect the country from those who seek its downfall.”

On his part, National President of NUJ, Mr. Waheed Odusile, said the union was happy with the ongoing war against graft, urging the Federal Government to allow journalists practise without restriction.

Source: http://punchng.com/igbo-want-presidency-not-biafra-says-iwuanyanwu/

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by HungerBAD: 2:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Joker.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by pdppower: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
If it's the presidency they want, what brought about Biafra? Or do they want to change Nigeria to Biafra after winning it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Agimor(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
IPOB trolls in nairaland won't like this they would soon flood this thread to spew venomous saliva.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Dem no go see presidency or even biafra sef, major tribe my foot

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by shizzy7(f): 3:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
Confused set of people.

All of your governors, elder statesmen, IPOB yuts should meet and have a consensus

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
shizzy7:
Confused set of people.

All of your governors, elder statesmen, IPOB yuts should meet and have a consensus
I don't think that its confusion!

The ignorant ones demand "IPOB"

The intelligent ones understand what the actualization of that agenda will mean for the future of their people and "ALWAYS" talk against it!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by okosodo: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
AjiereTuwo:
Dem no go see presidency or even biafra sef, major tribe my foot
No army can oppress a people foever

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by makelove2m(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
We need industrialist as president not a military man, we needed an economist not crimal, we needed industrial evolution springs up everywhere in the country not MMM
Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Earth2Metahuman: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2016
yeah

shey bi they will dash them presidency on platter.

after hating and abusing every tribe in nigeria, they will do it all alone.

their 5% votes ill give them aso rock or biafra grin
Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by JingoOAU(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2016
Who will vote for the Igbo president??

After they have finished insulting all the ethnic groups in Nigeria??

Unless I see that the said Igbo is a detribalised Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Kingsley1000(m): 7:35am On Nov 29, 2016
we want atiku,gej as president we want biafra
Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by babyfaceafrica: 7:39am On Nov 29, 2016
Iwanyanwu is afonja.......ipod yoots!!!
Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by 99100(m): 8:01am On Nov 29, 2016
For brexit to be a success, every Britain didn't vote for it. Some were against it either for personal,political or financial interest/reasons. Same applies here but one thing for sure is that more than 95% of our people want Biafra.

#InBiafraWeStand.
Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by zendy: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2016
Of what use is the Presidency of Nigeria to us Igbos when it has not helped those who have held it in the past?

Nigeria is running on a broken system, no matter who holds the presidency, nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Want Presidency, Not Biafra, Says Iwuanyanwu by Kingsley1000(m): 8:38am On Nov 29, 2016
we igbos want atiku or gej as president ,we also want biafra

(1) (Reply)

The ALTERNATIVE: Buhari’s Grass-cutter & The Case Of D Properly ‘spended’ Funds! / Don’t Mind Fayose, He Is A Comedian – Segun Oni Speaks / Who Will Dismiss Police Caught On Camera Beating Inec Staffs In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.