Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) (110070 Views)

Babajide Ayotola Akeredolu And Mary Oghenetega Edwin's Traditional Wedding (Phot / Cute Photo Of Osinbajo, Akeredolu And Ajimobi / Caption This Photo Of Akeredolu And Mimiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 12:52am On Nov 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Cry me s river...it's the Yoruba men that sees marrying Igbo women as an achievement whike the Igbo an doesn't even notice or see reason why he should go out of his place....oh the prof you said was one of the very few...I can I've you many Yoruba royals that married non Yoruba...do you want us to exchange notes

One thing I notice is that most Yoruba men place non Yoruba women above Yoruba women...this is n o derivation...it is tribal slut but just an o derivation even here in nairaland we get to see that daily in many threads

That's why igbo keep feeling fly not as if Igbo are special breed

Oh really? How many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women? Kindly list them. Maybe because I am not Yoruba, I may not be able to tell. undecided

As for the Yoruba men seeing it as an achievement to marry an Igbo woman, I do believe you are mistaken. It is the Igbo people that see it that way, because they are the ones that boast about it all the time on NL! cheesy

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 12:54am On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

Oh really? How many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women? Kindly list them. Maybe because I am not Yoruba, I may not be able to tell. undecided

As for the Yoruba men seeing it as an achievement to marry an Igbo woman, I do believe you are mistaken. It is the Igbo people that see it that way, because they are the ones that boast about it all the time on NL! cheesy

Also what you have failed to understand is the role of ooni of Ife ..he is the king of Yoruba

Prof is just a clan head....mind you I am from Anambra

So, ooni used to have a Yoruba wife...when he ascended he dumped her for a non Yoruba
But prof never had an Igbo wife and never dumped any...

So before you make some comparison get your facts right

What Ooni did was symbolical

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 12:57am On Nov 28, 2016
CandyDiamond:
Stop ranting, OSU caste system is longer practiced in Igboland,that happened before the coming of white men.Igbo ladies are free to marry any man from any part of the world and one good thing about them is that they never forget to allign their children with Igbo culture

Haba!! Why are you saying this now, when it is still prevalent in different areas? You are the one that keeps chanting Afonja on different threads, yet Afonja died in the 18th century. Meanwhile, the Osu caste system is still alive and kicking in different parts of Ala Igbo, despite the fact that a law was made to ban it in the 50s.

bigfrancis21:
From the way you're sounding, I don't think you're grounded well enough in the state of Igbo matters. I am an Igbo myself and I won't lie on the internet just to pretend that the system no longer exists. Yes, the osu system in Igboland has been reduced immensely and nobody discriminates openly against an osu in Igboland. Nobody can tell between an osu and diala in Igboland, especially in the township areas because nobody cares. The issue of osu mainly comes up when it is time for marriage or kingship in a village. This is when the groom's family (if dialas) go to find out about the bride's family (iju ese). This has been the cause of the end of several to-be marriages in Igboland, when the bride's family is discovered to have osu status. Many times, Igbo kids born and bred outside Igboland barely know they are one and they only find out when they are engaged already and their fiance's family does the asking around (iju ese) and discovers her status. This can be very heart-wrenching for the bride most times. According to the way it is done, a diala (freeborn) who marries an osu automatically becomes an osu. Several efforts have been made to stop this practice, especially by religious figures, but then which diala families are willing to be bold to marry an osu family because rumour will spread around the village that they are no longer dialas but osus by marriage. This leaves ladies with osu status in a tight position to seek out marriage strictly to osu guys (reducing their dating pool in Igboland) or marry outside to other tribes where no one cares about their osu status.

But from the way it is mentioned here on nairaland, one would think that the osu system is very bad in Igboland. However, it is not. I spent over 11 years in Imo state and did my entire secondary school there and I never came across an osu (doesn't mean they did not exist but nobody cared or knew who was one or not), not even once nor I heard anyone call another person an 'osu'. Infact you could be reported or charged for openly calling someone an 'osu'. Everyone intermingled freely - at school, in the market, at work, in the public place etc. Due to urbanization/westernization now, Igbos predominantly live in the city where they intermingle thus no one would know who is osu or diala. Only the villagers in the village still know which families or sections or villages are diala or osu.

Thanks for the education. Much appreciated. cool
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 1:01am On Nov 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Also what you have failed to understand is the role of ooni of Ife ..he is the king of Yoruba

So, ooni used to have a Yoruba wife...when he ascended he dumped her for a non Yoruba

Oga, I will leave the Yoruba guys to give you an answer on why the Ooni married an Edo wife. The woman's middle name is Wuraola, in case you do not know.

And Yoruba history is tied up with Edo history, in many ways. So don't forget that both tribes had a relationship that preceded modern times. Also the Ooni had been divorced from his 1st wife about 10 years, before he even met the Edo woman and long before becoming the king. He did not dump her to marry the 2nd wife.

Finally, you had earlier said 'many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women?'. We are still waiting for you to kindly list them.

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 1:06am On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

Oga, I will leave the Yoruba guys to give you an answer on why the Ooni married an Edo wife. The woman's middle name is Wuraola, in case you do not know.

And Yoruba history is tied up with Edo history, in many ways. So don't forget that both tribes had a relationship that preceded modern times. Also the Ooni had been divorced from his 1st wife about 10 years, before he even met the Edo woman and long before becoming the king. He did not dump her to marry the 2nd wife.

Finally, you had earlier said 'many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women?'. We are still waiting for you to kindly list them.

Oga don't bring the middle name and history here...the bottom line is that she is an Edo woman and also...the position of Ooni in Yoruba can't be compared to that of small chief unless you want to bring down his position ..just like Nigerian man dumping Nigeria woman when he comes president to marry a Ghanaian woman..

Do the seductive reasoning here

Bro..nice chatting wirh you. Hood night

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by MadamT(f): 1:12am On Nov 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Cry me s river...it's the Yoruba men that sees marrying Igbo women as an achievement whike the Igbo an doesn't even notice or see reason why he should go out of his place....oh the prof you said was one of the very few...I can I've you many Yoruba royals that married non Yoruba...do you want us to exchange notes

One thing I notice is that most Yoruba men place non Yoruba women above Yoruba women...this is n o derivation...it is tribal slut but just an o derivation even here in nairaland we get to see that daily in many threads

That's why igbo keep feeling fly not as if Igbo are special breed

Please exchange the notes. Kindly list the names of the "many Yoruba royals that married non Yoruba".
Also, can you provide evidence of how Yoruba men place non Yoruba women above Yoruba women? You say you see it here in Nairaland daily in many threads. Please post just one of such threads. I'm an older woman who is not a regular poster here. Would be interesting to see such a thread.

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 1:13am On Nov 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
Oga don't bring the middle name and history here...the bottom line is that she is an Edo woman and also...the position of Ooni in Yoruba can't be compared to that of small chief unless you want to bring down his position ..just like Nigerian man dumping Nigeria woman when he comes president to marry a Ghanaian woman..

Do the seductive reasoning here

Bro..nice chatting wirh you. Hood night

Oga, why are you running from the truth now? sad You made an assertion and facts were presented to counter it. Instead of you to be objective and see the truth, you are now persisting that the Ooni's position cannot be compared to a small chief. Okay, I hear you, o! Don't say I did not try to correct the other mistakes in your post. sad I do not like to see people walking in error.

The fact that her middle name is Wuraola which is a Yoruba name, already shows that she probably has some Yoruba blood in her, perhaps through her maternal line. Hope the Yoruba chaps will correct me if I am wrong. undecided

Finally, the other time you had said 'many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women?'. Why haven't you listed them, yet??

MadamT:
Please exchange the notes. Kindly list the names of the many Yoruba royals that married non Yoruba.
Also, can you provide evidence of how Yoruba men place non Yoruba women above Yoruba women? You say you see it here in Nairaland daily in many threads. Please post just one of such threads. I'm an older lady who is not a regular poster here. Would be intesresting to see such a thread.

Thank you, o! cheesy That was the same question I asked him earlier. Instead of giving me a straight answer, he started telling me about how the Ooni is king of the Yorubas and how his position cannot be compared to that of a small chief. We already know that, don't we?

Was that the question that was asked? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by MadamT(f): 1:25am On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

Oga, why are you running from the truth now? sad You made an assertion and facts were presented. Instead of you to be objective and see the truth, you are now persisting that the Ooni's position cannot be compared to a small chief. Okay, I hear you, o! Don't say I did not try to correct the other mistakes in your post. sad I do not like to see people walking in error.

The fact that her middle name is Wuraola which is a Yoruba name, probably shows that she already has some Yoruba blood in her, perhaps through her maternal line. Hope the Yoruba chaps will correct me if I am wrong. undecided

Finally, the other time you had said 'many other Yoruba traditional rulers have married Igbo women?'. Why haven't you listed them, yet??

Thank you, o! cheesy That was the same question I asked him earlier. Instead of giving me a straight answer, he started telling me about how the Ooni is king of the Yorubas and how his position cannot be compared to that of a small chief. We already know that, don't we?

Was that the question that was asked? shocked

The thing tire me! That's why I prefer to read and silently observe than post. Too many kids just jiving without substance!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 1:27am On Nov 28, 2016
MadamT:
The thing tire me! That's why I prefer to read and silently observe than post. Too many kids just jiving without substance!

Am telling you! And when you try to correct their errors, they get offended or start arguing blindly! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Kagawa10: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

The Yoruba wife dumped him because of her religion, not the other way round!

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 2:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Kagawa10:

The Yoruba wife dumped him because of her religion, not the other way round!

So are you saying that a Yoruba wife dumped an Ooni?

That's a new one

So a woman dumped Ooni

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 28, 2016
bcomputer101:
Is the OP high?

Abi no be five(5) children dey dis picture?

Probably one of his son is married

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by hollypagan: 4:55am On Nov 28, 2016
Every tribe want to marry Igbo's to support their brain

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by ShootToKill: 6:08am On Nov 28, 2016
The children will speak their MOTHERTONGUE-IGBO, Making sure that Igbo language liveth forever.

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Qualer: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2016
Bisjosh:
Cute fam

Guys its not all of u that beard gang ish fits
it only fits a few

Many look like mad men or criminals grin embarassed tongue

chai, grin grin grin grin grin wicked somebori...
i know you don't want to come out straight with what you really want to say grin grin grin but....

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by imitateMe(m): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

I don't know why these Afonjas love our women so much
grin
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Ijaya123: 8:41am On Nov 28, 2016
GossipHeart:

You women love Afonja dickk too much. If in doubt, ask FFK.

2 Likes

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Ohamzee: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2016
obataokenwa:
She's from my state. igbos are doing well. Madam, congratulations. may God be with you.
and my aunt"smiles"
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Ohamzee: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2016
Nwakaumu:
who no like better thing?
nwanne we are good

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by silverspringle(f): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2016
klax:

What is all these nonsense again This boy are you alright I have be reading all the pooh you have be saying all I can figures out of your nonsense is the word *HATE* you are just angry Aketi wife is igbo please are you sane at all Why did you allow Hitler DNA to overblown your reasoning All your nasty analysis makes no sense the bottom line is your are pained to read Aketi wife is igbo and what is your or anybody problem about that I swear poverty is madness because if not why too much blablabla and blabla for another person headache

I'm not APC or their follower go through all my post you will understand but on this Aketi family arrangement I have no problem with it I'm happy to see him marry from my side and he is heading to become governor so why blablabla and silly talks like yoruba women are this igbo women are that

He is married to her and have good kids with happy home biko nwanne if you any son of Hitler or *ojujwu Mr priority miss road a.k. a hate preacher* are not happy kindly hug transformer.

Atiku married yoruba, Obj marry his people, Osibanjo too, Mike Adenuga marry his people so what is the hell of comparing yoruba women to anybody. Yet this same yoruba were first to produced world class woman billionaire in African soil so what are you all the blablabla about.
The fool is so pathetic in his analysis. Thanks for putting him in order. He even concluded that the Igbos that are married to Yorubas are mostly from Imo and i ask...what about Precious Chikwendu married to ffk and miss nigerian(forgotten her name) whose mum is Anambra. Biko ask him what method of research he used in this his analysis. Most guys in this NL are plain stupid. Danmit !!! i hate it when someone put so much effort in pulling others down just to make a stupid point. Please go and marry from your tribe if it makes u happy and you will realise its nobody's problem. I will marry from my tribe too for reasons best known to me not because i hate other tribes.
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Justiceleague1: 2:20pm On Nov 28, 2016
laudate:

Am telling you! And when you try to correct their errors, they get offended or start arguing blindly! grin
u try to correct their errors by ascribing upon others what they are not and here u are,talking about argueing blindly! Smh

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Justiceleague1:
u try to correct their errors by ascribing upon others what they are not and here u are,talking about argueing blindly! Smh

See who is talking...??! shocked Go back & read what you just wrote again. Does it make any sense to you? sad
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by laudate: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
silverspringle:
The fool is so pathetic in his analysis. Thanks for putting him in order. He even concluded that the Igbos that are married to Yorubas are mostly from Imo and i ask...what about Precious Chikwendu married to ffk and miss nigerian(forgotten her name) whose mum is Anambra. Biko ask him what method of research he used in this his analysis. Most guys in this NL are plain stupid. Danmit !!! i hate it when someone put so much effort in pulling others down just to make a stupid point. Please go and marry from your tribe if it makes u happy and you will realise its nobody's problem. I will marry from my tribe too for reasons best known to me not because i hate other tribes.

Precious Chikwendu is NOT married to FFK. She is his baby mama, live-in lover, bed warmer, olosho .... take your pick. kindly use the correct terminology for here, next time! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Okeikpu(m): 12:14am On Dec 07, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

That's what these Yoruba won't get...Igbo men marry more of their Igbo women ...n every Igbo man marriage 97℅ marry Igbo

But Yoruba rich men marry Igbo ladies ....this is because they have seen that Igbo ladies are better off compared to their women and this is Igbo gain because the rich men will always have half Yoruba half Igbo children like Yemi alade and this ...also they will repatriate their money back home ... especially mums side...because kids will love mum ...then finally they husband will please the in-laws....so who gains

Igbo gains from all angles...ask onila and okeikpu

But, why is it decent Yoruba men scared of marrying Yoruba women...something is seems to be wrong about Yoruba women even the ooni of Ife dumped the Yoruba wife when he ascended to throne for an Edo woman
Those ediots banned me for almost 2months

1 Like

Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Eberex(m): 9:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
bigfrancis21:

From the way you're sounding, I don't think you're grounded well enough in the state of Igbo matters. I am an Igbo myself and I won't lie on the internet just to pretend that the system no longer exists. Yes, the osu system in Igboland has been reduced immensely and nobody discriminates openly against an osu in Igboland. Nobody can tell between an osu and diala in Igboland, especially in the township areas because nobody cares. The issue of osu mainly comes up when it is time for marriage or kingship in a village. This is when the groom's family (if dialas) go to find out about the bride's family (iju ese). This has been the cause of the end of several to-be marriages in Igboland, when the bride's family is discovered to have osu status. Many times, Igbo kids born and bred outside Igboland barely know they are one and they only find out when they are engaged already and their fiance's family does the asking around (iju ese) and discovers her status. This can be very heart-wrenching for the bride most times. According to the way it is done, a diala (freeborn) who marries an osu automatically becomes an osu. Several efforts have been made to stop this practice, especially by religious figures, but then which diala families are willing to be bold to marry an osu family because rumour will spread around the village that they are no longer dialas but osus by marriage. This leaves ladies with osu status in a tight position to seek out marriage strictly to osu guys (reducing their dating pool in Igboland) or marry outside to other tribes where no one cares about their osu status.

But from the way it is mentioned here on nairaland, one would think that the osu system is very bad in Igboland. However, it is not. I spent over 11 years in Imo state and did my entire secondary school there and I never came across an osu (doesn't mean they did not exist but nobody cared or knew who was one or not), not even once nor I heard anyone call another person an 'osu'. Infact you could be reported or charged for openly calling someone an 'osu'. Everyone intermingled freely - at school, in the market, at work, in the public place etc. Due to urbanization/westernization now, Igbos predominantly live in the city where they intermingle thus no one would know who is osu or diala. Only the villagers in the village still know which families or sections or villages are diala or osu.

is this thread still open?
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by oyatz(m): 10:29pm On Feb 05, 2017
Do you know the number of people in Lagos, Kano and Ibadan that are half Igbo- half Yoruba s? Yoruba-Igbo union(both legal and illegal marriages) take place every weekend.

Twistaray:
grin
Abeg more yoruba DNA in ibo women honey pot.

God bless yoruba DNA. Keep producing and enlarging your coast abeg. Haters can go nd hug NEPA wire grin

I am sure those mixed fellows were brought up with yoruba culture,language and food.. cheesy
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by Twistaray(m): 10:47pm On Feb 05, 2017
oyatz:
Do you know the number of people in Lagos, Kano and Ibadan that are half Igbo- half Yoruba s? Yoruba-Igbo union(both legal and illegal marriages) take place every weekend.

O really?
Well, I wouldn't mind you telling me with a back up stats or figure

Thank u undecided
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by brownsug(f): 1:59am On Mar 21, 2017
D fine ones o, I guess Baba needs d one that will always stay at home

quote author=Tosinayoko post=51423949]Yoruba bleep.ing Igbo since memorial :oYoruba bleep.ing Igbo since memorial[/quote]
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by brownsug(f): 2:06am On Mar 21, 2017
Charly68:
Correct man;went to pick a pretty woman from an industrious environment.
Pretty hmm
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by IkpuMmadu: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2017
WHY ?
Okeikpu:
Those ediots banned me for almost 2months
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by WorldRichest: 11:54am On Apr 05, 2017
GossipHeart:

Because your women are better in bed. That is because your women has been fuccking since childhood.
Re: Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu And Her 4 Children (Photos) by 989900: 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
GossipHeart:

cheesy we love them die . . . and they reciprocate in kind. cheesy

Oya, eat your heart out (pun intended).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of Galadima Modu Sheriff: Social Distancing Order Violated / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu's House In Afaraukwu, Umuahia Ahead Of Parents' Burial / Zahra Buhari (General Buhari's Daughter) - Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.