Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency (12225 Views)

290,000 Apply For N-power Jobs In 3 Days / Hundreds Of Candidates Disqualified From N-power Jobs / N-power Jobs: FG Has Appointed Focal Persons For 36 States Including Lagos – Pre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Buhari2019: 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Over 90% of the 200,000 unemployed Nigerian graduates selected in the first batch of the N-Power Volunteer Corps, NPVC, have been verified using the Bank Verification Number, and any untrue information submitted in the process of application is a ground for disqualification.

This clarification was given Sunday by the Senior Special Assistant on Media & Publicity in the Office of the Vice President, Laolu Akande, while giving an update on the N-Power Volunteer Corps which is now advancing with assignment of beneficiaries to their places of deployments in their states of residence.

Mr. Akande, who referred to a BBC report last week regarding the testimonials of some of the selected Nigerian graduates noted that “it is most gladdening that those who were selected are now telling the stories of how they have not been employed for years, but now grateful to the President for this initiative.”

Some of them, he added, expressed satisfaction that even though they knew no one in government, they were selected for the paid volunteer job program, attesting to the transparency of the selection process.

Mr. Akande said that all the states and the FCT, through the focal persons they appointed, have since received the list of the 200,000, and now working on deploying the beneficiaries to their places of assignment.

He also explained that by using the BVN, which is one of the most viable means of identification in the country today, there is hardly any way anything fraudulent can sail through in the process.

“We are confident that the selection process, all the way through with BVN, and physical verification at the points of deployment in the states and the local government areas, are both transparent and impossible to abhor ghost beneficiaries, or any kind of fraud,” he said.
Mr. Akande said already 93% of those selected have been screened through the BVN, with the commendable assistance of the Nigerian Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc, NIBSS, and only authentic and verifiable beneficiaries will be paid the N30,000 monthly stipends starting December.

Responding to reports about random searches conducted on social media platforms, the SSA dismissed them, saying such cannot be better than “biometric identification we have secured through the BVN.”

“Besides the BVN, there is going to be physical verification, through an in-built component in our selection system that requires that information submitted online during the application would have to be authenticated at the point of deployment across the country, including verification of academic credentials and residence status.”

According to him, just as is normal when someone gets a job or even admission to school, he or she would proceed to present papers that have been submitted during application for verification. “This is also going to be like that, so claims about some applicants claiming to be residents of states would be dealt with if it turns out such claims are false. If an applicant cannot supply proof of residence, the selection is terminated.”
Besides, he explained that in a local government such as Abadam in Borno State, where there have been claims that nonresidents applied and were selected, Akande assured that there is no cause for alarm because such people would have to show up for verification on the spot.

He added that there was also a likelihood that a number of applicants may have input Abadam inadvertently considering that Abadam LGA is number one on the list of LGAs under the list as posted on the N-Power portal. “There is a good chance,” he continued, “that some applicants may have failed to complete the forms online accurately.”

Such errors are being reviewed and anyone found not to be resident in the LGA would be removed and replaced using the waiting list of applicants.

Said he: “an important aspect of the application was that applicants were told in clear terms that any false information would be grounds for disqualification.”
On how the 200,000 people were selected, the SSA Media explained that the selection was not only fair and done transparently, but also with adequate care.
Firstly, 40% of those who applied for the N-Power Teach and Agric were selected, and 50% of those who applied for the Health category, all based on an assessment test.

Then to mitigate the adverse socio-economic circumstances in the North- East an additional 4800 applicants from the region were selected with Borno State getting 1200 and Adamawa, Yobe, Taraba 800 each and Bauchi and Gombe 600 each.

Also to bolster states with low application numbers, an additional 4208 was selected and shared between Bayelsa, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara States. The Federal Ministry of Agric also additionally allocated 6799 applicants in the Agric category to all states across specific crop, fish and livestock targets in order to support government’s self-sufficiency target in Agric produce.

Gender and disability factor were also key in the selection. 46% of those selected, Mr. Akande disclosed, are females, while a total of 1126 were successful applicants with disabilities.

Mr. Akande then assured that those not selected in the first batch are now in the waiting list until the subsequent batches when they would be considered again, since there are still 300,000 to be selected under this budget cycle.

On why the selection process was based on states of residence rather than states of origin, Mr. Akande simply noted that for example, over 42,000 Nigerians applied for the N-Power from Lagos but only 3568 of them originate from Lagos. “Would it then be tenable to say almost 40,000 Bona fide Nigerians who are applicants resident in Lagos should just forget it since they are resident but not origins of the Lagos State?

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/216474-well-deal-fraudulent-claims-n-power-jobs-presidency.html

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by krasican(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
On why the selection process was based on states of residence rather than states of origin, Mr. Akande simply noted that for example, over 42,000 Nigerians applied for the N-Power from Lagos but only 3568 of them originate from Lagos. “Would it then be tenable to say almost 40,000 Bona fide Nigerians who are applicants resident in Lagos should just forget it since they are resident but not origins of the Lagos State?

3 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Blue3k(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
krasican:

State of origin dumb concept anyway. People should become citezens of multiple states after certain amount of time being residents. That way they fully integrate into society. Lol the near 40k applicants probably lived in Lagos for a long time and have no connection with lagos then state of origin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Luizkid(m): 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
so why can't Lagos applicants have access to update their info??

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by alawi5k: 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
Blue3k:

State of origin dumb concept anyway. People should become citezens of multiple states after certain amount of time being residents. That way they fully integrate into society. Lol the near 40k applicants probably lived in Lagos for a long time and have no connection with lagos then state of origin.
FG should abolish state of origin. I don't think I have stayed for 5 weeks in my state of origin since birth. *Buhari2019* Well, waiting for engagement/training and 30k alert. You can rule till Jesus come. Lol

8 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by honestivo(m): 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2016
So when are we getting the tablet phone

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by olavic17: 6:35am On Nov 28, 2016
Luizkid:
so why can't Lagos applicants have access to update their info??
lagos has been activated. You can log in now.
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by hamzia(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by illuminaty(m): 10:00am On Nov 28, 2016
olavic17:
...since when? Because have not been able to log in yet
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by nmreports: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2016
Why is there so much hype about NPower.
Starting to look politically motivated.
There are other numerous ongoing recruitment please.
Talk about those too.
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by megamank(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2016
At least some people can now pray for buhari becuasue he has taken 200,000 people out of the labour market

3 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by vivymako(f): 10:06am On Nov 28, 2016
Ds una talk talk don do abeg... Make the program start
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by humilitypays(m): 10:09am On Nov 28, 2016
I said before and got banned, but I will say it again.

The issue with this N-Power programme is that even though it is a good programme, very commendable, the organizers and coordinators didn't carry out the screening very well, how do I mean?

Take it or leave it, many people that got selected for this programme are gainfully employed and earning good income already, while many unemployed Nigerian youths that really need this programme to survive were not selected.

The organizers only used the BVN to check if the applicant truly exist and have an account with the name, but they failed to use the BVN to check the in-flow of cash into each applicants' bank account as a way of knowing those that are gainfully employed or not.

This would have been easier if the organizers worked in conjunction with PENSION managers to screen out already employed youths.

Better still, they would have limited it to new graduates that just passed out from NYSC, let's say 2 years back. Though this criteria isn't so fair to all unemployed Nigerians, but my point is, how did N-Power organizers screen to know applicants that already have a job and those that don't have a job presently?

N-Power organizers should go back to the drawing board and do further screening to remove names of all already employed applicants that got selected to the detriment of the unemployed applicants. If this cannot be done, then this programme is a failure like every other Federal Government youth empowerment programmes of the past, because they will end up giving free money to already employed Nigerians that don't need it while leaving out those jobless youths that needs this badly.

APC attack dogs, over to you lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Pascal181: 10:10am On Nov 28, 2016
God is great. He's using buhari to pull people out of labour market.

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Histrings08(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2016
OK
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by DjAduba(m): 10:16am On Nov 28, 2016
vivymako:
Ds una talk talk don do abeg... Make the program start
True talk, 200,000 pps get employed without stress, no casualties like that of..... Immigration... sholdiers etc. I believe that more are coming God willing. Said Baba.

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 28, 2016
nmreports:
Why is there so much hype about NPower.
Starting to look politically motivated.
There are other numerous ongoing recruitment please.
Talk about those too.

Follow this process here to resolve log in issues on NPower. Its a new post:
http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/11/follow-this-process-to-log-in-or.html
in Oshiomole's voice, if u don't like it "go and die".

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by nmreports: 10:38am On Nov 28, 2016
franciskaine:
in Oshiomole's voice, if u don't like it "go and die".

How are you and trust your day is going on fine?.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Menzy86(m): 10:47am On Nov 28, 2016
humilitypays:

The issue with this N-Power programme is that even though it is a good programme, very commendable, the organizers and coordinators didn't carry out the screening very well, how do I mean?

Take it or leave it, many people that got selected for this programme are gainfully employed and earning good income already, while many unemployed Nigerian youths that really need this programme to survive were not selected.

The organizers only used the BVN to check if the applicant truly exist and have an account with the name, but they failed to use the BVN to check the in-flow of cash into each applicants' bank account as a way of knowing those that are gainfully employed or not.

This would have been easier if the organizers worked in conjunction with PENSION managers to screen out already employed youths.

Better still, they would have limited it to new graduates that just passed out from NYSC, let's say 2 years back. Though this criteria isn't so fair to all unemployed Nigerians, but my point is, how did N-Power organizers screen to know applicants that already have a job and those that don't have a job presently?

N-Power organizers should go back to the drawing board and do further screening to remove names of all already employed applicants that got selected to the detriment of the unemployed applicants. If this cannot be done, then this programme is a failure like every other Federal Government youth empowerment programmes of the past, because they will end up giving free money to already employed Nigerians that don't need it while leaving out those jobless youths that needs this badly.

What u just wrote is absolutely so untrue. 'most are already gainfully employed and should b limited to pple dat graduated recently?' How wicked can dat b. I knw som1 dat graduated 8yrs ago n has hardly ever had anythn to do in dat tym dat got a job wit a private company just two months ago (long after d Npower application had been concluded). Hav u thought of such a scenario?. Plus I hav already seen SEVERAL pple dat got dis witout movin a limb to influence anythn. Need I add that there are several pro PDP IDLE youths dat derided dis program but r SERIOUSLY regretting it now dat everythn is set. Not all tins must b politicised. No matter hw u wanna view this, it is laudable. There has NEVER been a single effort to remove 200,000 graduates from d labour market SIMULTANEOUSLY in d past. If this isn't laudable, NOTHING any govt has ever done is, n nothing any govt will ever do will be.

11 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by stone07(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2016
humilitypays:

I was enjoying ur information but when I reach where u said fresh graduate should only be considered I now concluded u are a very selfish and greedy fellow. It means u are only writing this for ur selfish interest. So old graduates should die and rot away. I wish u good luck.

8 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Niceiroko: 10:54am On Nov 28, 2016
its saying in my page deloyment yet to be announced, is have any body be deployed
alawi5k:
FG should abolish state of origin. I don't think I have stayed for 5 weeks in my state of origin since birth. *Buhari2019* Well, waiting for engagement/training and 30k alert. You can rule till Jesus come. Lol
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by humilitypays(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2016
stone07:
I was enjoying ur information but when I reach where u said fresh graduate should only be considered I now concluded u are a very selfish and greedy fellow. It means u are only writing this for ur selfish interest. So old graduates should die and rot away. I wish u good luck.
Lol, I am an over old graduate my brother....in fact, abi grandpa graduate o cheesy cheesy....I said that as an alternative way of ensuring only sincerely unemployed Nigerian youths got selected. If you read the whole of my comment, you ought to have seen where I said and I quote:
Better still, they would have limited it to new graduates that just passed out from NYSC, let's say 2 years back. Though this criteria isn't so fair to all unemployed Nigerians
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Redomi(m): 10:57am On Nov 28, 2016
Has anyone been text? after the aptitude test, nothing from them o
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by kulu80(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2016
Dis process is absolutely transparent, since 5yrs dat i finished my NYSC i hv never been selected for any government employment(state and federal govt), but on i just applied as usual witout thinking i would be selected or not bt 2 my surprise i was able 2c my name. My concern is if we can be absolved into permanent job.

2 Likes

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by godfrey01(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=humilitypays post=51444617]I said before and got banned, but I will say it again.

APC attack dogs, over to you lol[/quote

not on point... if you been selected i guess you wouldnt have been saying this. I guess its because you were not selected thats why this issue is ruuning through your mind. Remember The people doing the selection have brains and they are not ordinary men like you......
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by sleeknaija(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2016
olavic17:
i still tried to login this morning but i was unable to do that.
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by godfrey01(m): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2016
an eye opener for those selected... as part of the resident permit..... I think Recent utility bill will be accepted becuase I doubt if somestates outside lagos and abuja gives resident permit to their inhabitants
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by humilitypays(m): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2016
Menzy86:
What u just wrote is absolutely so untrue. 'most are already gainfully employed and should b limited to pple dat graduated recently?' How wicked can dat b. I knw som1 dat graduated 8yrs ago n has hardly ever had anythn to do in dat tym dat got a job wit a private company just two months ago (long after d Npower application had been concluded). Hav u thought of such a scenario?. Plus I hav already seen SEVERAL pple dat got dis witout movin a limb to influence anythn. Need I add that there are several pro PDP IDLE youths dat derided dis program but r SERIOUSLY regretting it now dat everythn is set. Not all tins must b politicised. No matter hw u wanna view this, it is laudable. There has NEVER been a single effort to remove 200,000 graduates from d labour market SIMULTANEOUSLY in d past. If this isn't laudable, NOTHING any govt has ever done is, n nothing any govt will ever do will be.
You people love this "who knows who" of a thing. I am not saying it was selected based on favoritism, no that's not my point okay? Who will even waste his or her time using long leg abi connection just to secure a 40k monthly job in this recession ridden economy

My major issue is that I know not one, not two, not even three gainfully employed graduates that got selected and I also know at least 5 completely jobless graduates who weren't selected, so to me, its unfair to those completely unemployed graduates for these gainfully employed graduates to take up slots meant for them, it hurts na.

My friends too know many gainfully employed graduates that got selected and also know so many honestly unemployed graduates that weren't selected.

So my problem with the programme is how did the organizers screen to ensure already employed Nigerians weren't selected to the detriment of honestly jobless youths

That's my argument okay

There are many tools they can use to screen out already employed applicants....BVN can be used to check monthly cash in-flow into every successful applicants' bank account, N-Power can also work with PENCOM and Pension managers to also screen out already employed applicants, and many other tools available to them, why didn't they use them well

It won't be nice that Federal Government initiated such a laudable programme and at the end, they end up giving free money to gainfully employed Nigerians who would use the money to smoke, drink, buy DSTV, fuel their fleet of cars and carry more girlfriends, leaving out the sincerely jobless youths that needs this money to survive till they find a better job, it hurts me okay

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by Redomi(m): 11:07am On Nov 28, 2016
godfrey01:
an eye opener for those selected... as part of the resident permit..... I think Recent utility bill will be accepted becuase I doubt if somestates outside lagos and abuja gives resident permit to their inhabitants
How do you know if you have been selected?
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by humilitypays(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2016
Oops! double post
Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by humilitypays(m): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2016
godfrey01:
not on point... if you been selected i guess you wouldnt have been saying this. I guess its because you were not selected thats why this issue is ruuning through your mind. Remember The people doing the selection have brains and they are not ordinary men like you......
How can I apply for N-Power when I am paying such amount to people Lol, funny you....my anger is seeing gainfully employed Nigerians taking up slots meant for poor and jobless youths. That's my anger.

Nigerians are wicked, I have witnessed in the past, whereby parents and siblings of rich political class applied for NAPEP programmes during OBJ regime, whereas NAPEP programme was meant for the poor Nigerians.

You are a Nigerian and you should know how Nigerians reason...so to stop them we must apply necessary strategies to weed out those wicked Nigerians who love taking what belongs to the needy even when they aren't needy people, it's totally unacceptable by me angry angry

1 Like

Re: How We’ll Deal With Fraudulent Claims In N-power Jobs – Presidency by yedidiah(m): 11:18am On Nov 28, 2016
oya scrap NYSC since this is also a Corp service. Add the usual nysc expenditure and monthly allowances to the salary abi allowance of these guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Was Your First Job, And What Do You Do Now? / Procter & Gamble Nigeria Graduate & Internship Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / Sobic Microfinance Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.